Falling in love with Ms. Benn...

By lavenderdaisee

Amanda Adams, a romance novelist, has lived in 25 years with only 5 contacts in her phone, barely going out f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Untitled
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
A Year Later
Untitled

Chapter 16

7.9K 393 17
By lavenderdaisee

After seeing a yogurt commercial on the television, Amanda craved for a yogurt that day and was greatly disappointed when she found none in her refrigerator. She decided to buy some at a yogurt shop a few blocks from her apartment. It wouldn't hurt to have some little sunshine for once. 

Enjoying her blueberry yogurt, Amanda was passing by some shops until she spotted an eyeglasses store. She checked it in, and found hundreds of glasses in there in different forms and styles. An old woman greeted her with a smile. Amanda politely smiled back.

"Are you going to buy, young lady?" the old woman, in her 70's, asked Amanda.

"What are your designs here?" Amanda asked, looking around.

"Well, what do you like?"

Amanda continued to look around and eventually, caught her eye on one.

Gorgy and Gillian were exchanging comments , looking at Amanda, who seems to be busy reading an internet article in the web. They were secretly talking to themselves about the sudden change of Amanda's appearance: a plain white shirt, blue denim jeans and black flats. Her glasses were new, too. Not those boring thick square glasses, but a stylish black, vintage frame style.

"Look at her new glasses. She looks great in them." Gillian commented.

"I know right? She's even wearing jeans." Gorgy added.

"She's even wearing the diamond necklace that her sister bought for her 5 months ago."

"That she never wore." Gorgy corrected.

"That she never wore. Do you think she's going somewhere?"

"I don't think she's going somewhere."

"But, look at her clothes. She dresses so well now, of course she's going somewhere."

"Where? Don't tell me she's going on a date?"

"What? With who-"

Amanda stopped and looked at them through her new frame glasses. "Guys, if you're talking about me, make sure you're 10 feet away. I could seriously hear you."

"We were just wondering...what's with you today?" Gorgy asked.

"What?"

"You look..different. In a good way, of course." Gillian said.

"Great way, even." Gorgy added.

"Yes, great way. We were just wondering...what made you...change all of a sudden?"

"It's just research. I'm doing another novel. I'm disregarding the other one and...I'm making something new." Amanda answered.

"And that involves?" Gorgy asked.

"Independent, smart and classy women."

"OOOOHHHHH.." Gorgy and Gillian nodded at each other.

"Well, that's interesting. Why change?" Gorgy asked, crossing his arms together, greatly interested.

"I just think it's time to write novels that needs women to be the protagonists. Usually, the women in my books are "side protagonists" that helps people. Why not make them the "protagonists"."

Gorgy and Gillian went silent.

"Is it bad?" Amanda asked, waiting for a reply.

"Well...I think it's fabulous. I love it." Gorgy said, smiling.

"Me, too! That's absolutely amazing!" Gillian, clasped her hands together. "I'm sooo excited!"

Amanda chuckled. "Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it."

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Aren't you all looking good today?" said the female television host from a variety-talk show. Amanda's friends, immediately rush to her living room along with their dinner.

"Who's the guest tonight?" Gillian asked Gorgy as she sat with her legs up on the couch, drinking champagne.

"I don't know." Gorgy replied as he helped himself with his salad.

"You won't watch, Amanda?" Gillian asked Amanda, who was in the kitchen and was focused on working her new novel on her marbled counter.

"No." Amanda said as she continued typing keys on her laptop. The moment she laid her eyes on him, a feeling came over her. A feeling that she has to meet this man. Deja Vu? She was not sure. It was an irrational feeling after all.

"Tonight's guest, which I know women all over the state- and even the world would be excited about this- is a rising star. He is famous for taking the role of Nigel from "The Sunset Kiss". People, please welcome: Henry Hudson!" said the female T.V host as Gillian and Gorgy screamed together with the audience in the set.

Amanda looked at them, eyebrows meeting with each other. "Hey. Please? I'm working here."

Gillian and Gorgy gave each other's faces, ignored Amanda, and continued to watch Henry Hudson went up to the stage and greeted the host and the audience.

"So," asked the female host when everybody has settled down, "How are you doing?"

"Very fine. Quite busy but can still manage." Henry smiled. Gillian and Gorgy screamed while Amanda covered her ears from the noise.

"Okay, so tell us about yourself as Lenny Sommers."

"Well, I am rather a complicated man who have this hatred with him all along and this hinders me to see how beautiful life can be. He realized the beauty of life once again when one just learns to let go." Henry answered.

"What made you chose such a complex character then?" the host asked again. This time, Amanda's ears were listening.

"Honestly speaking, I chose my characters well. And I think that such character was very well delivered. It was a challenge for me, but I think it's such a beautiful role," Henry looked at the camera and smiled."It was so beautiful that I, too, admired the story. Such character wouldn't be beautiful without such a brilliant creation."

"Oh my god! He's looking at the camera!" Gillian squealed.

"He is such a charmer!" Gorgy said, before he ate his salad.

Was he complimenting my work? Amanda thought.

"That is such a great answer. Won't you agree, people?" The female host said along with the loud cheer of the audience.

"Aside from-obviously, you're a rising actor and you're famous. Your career's great and people knew you as a troublemaker, but everyone's wondering...who could you be dating now?"

"I'm just living the dream yet."

"That means a no?"

Henry gave a chuckle. "That means a no."

Amanda looked down and went back to work on her novel once more.

That same night, Henry called her. "So, did you see me?"

"Where?" Amanda denied, carefully sneaking out to her balcony- away from Gorgy and Gillian, who was sleeping by her bedroom area.

"On the television."

"I didn't watch." She whispered, closing the door behind her.

"Really? Well, you should have."

"It was Gorgy and Gillian, who were watching you. They were so noisy. I can't focus really well with my novel."

"How's it coming?"

"Fine. I guess."

"Well, I think people would love it. I'm not saying this because I have to but, I really think they will."

Amanda smiled, hide it with the back of her hand, and cleared her throat, trying to have a serious face. "Thank you very much. Don't you have parties to attend to?"

"There are but I decided not to go."

"Why the sudden change?"

"Because I wouldn't be able to call you."

"Well, you did now. You could go. Bye." With that, Amanda pushed the end call button. She stood there for a minute, looking at her phone before she leaned on the ledges and looked at the city.

Please. No need for your heart to flip. He's just playing with you.

When Amanda ended the call, Henry looked at the city from his penthouse, still holding the phone in his hand.

"Hey." the woman behind Henry called out to him, wearing nothing but linen sheets that were wrapped around her. Henry looked at her. "Won't you join me?" 

"Maybe some other time." Henry answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 16.4K 26
~~ Book 3 of The Marrying You Series. This can be read as a stand alone but I recommened you read the other two books too. ~~ Vanessa Brady is thirty...
633K 33.3K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...
568K 24.4K 106
We're not in love. Our past is a dumpster fire. The best we are is friends with benefits... without the friends' part. Jake Harrison, USC's star quar...
936K 27.7K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...