Biblical - Sequel to TMIAA (F...

By SeraphStarshine

Sequel to Tell Me I'm an Angel: Frank Iero's life is borderline perfect: he has an amazing husband, his dream... More

Introduction
Prologue
1: Frank's Time Of The Month - Well Year Actually
2: Proof That Man-Bat May Be Real After All
3: Billie Joe - The Unwilling Relationship Therapist
4: In Which Frank Gets Pissy At A 911 Operator And Gerard Almost Dies
5: I Actually "Awwed" Internally While Writing This Chapter
6: I Couldn't Think Of Anything To Write So Have Some PWP
8: Gerard Stuffs Melons Down His Shirt and Frank Turns Into Rambo
9: Then Frank Saw His Wings - Now Frank's A Believer
10: Shit Is Really Starting To Go Down Now
11: Gerard Likes Frank's Spit Almost As Much As Coffee
12: I Have No Idea Where I Am Going With This Story So Have A Flashback
13: In Which Billie Makes Mikey Cry And Gerard Unknowingly Has Ryan Jealous Af
14: Sort Of Feelsy Filler For All You Lovely People
15: In Which David Bowie Is Actually God
16: This Is Much Better Than A High School Reunion
17: Mending and Renewing
18: I Meant To Move The Plot Along But You Guys Get Smut Instead
19: In Which Hugging Saves The Day
20: What Better Way To Prove You're In Love Than Fucking
21: Basically Just Cheesy Moments Because You Can Never Have Too Many Of Those
22: Frank Explains How He Got His First Boner As An Angel
23: Keep Your Friends Close And Your Enemies Closer
24: Bruised Tailbones And Awaited Arrivals
25: Overpowered And Afraid
26: The Final Blow
27: With A Screech And A Smile
28: Place Faith In Falsities
29: Devotion Reaps Its Rewards
Epilogue
Three Halves of a Whole

7: An End To Procrastination

3K 235 191
By SeraphStarshine

Stretching his limbs tiredly, Frank decided it was finally time to get out of bed; his vacation was almost over after all, and he wasn't going to be able to sleep in as late as he wanted for much longer. He still had two more days though, and after the disaster last night has turned into, Frank wanted to spend every second he had left with Gerard.

But when Frank reached across the bed lazily, hoping to feel his husband's warm body beside him, he was disappointed to find only air. Gerard's side was still slightly warm, which meant he must have just gotten up, and maybe he would be coming back soon. Frank hoped that was the case, because he was having a hard time convincing his limbs to function enough to pull him out of the sheets that were tangled around his legs.

Rolling over with a groan, Frank blinked a few times, trying to clear the sleep from his eyes just a bit, and that was when he noticed the television in their room was switched on, which was sort of an anomaly. Frank used to need the soft chatter of some show on in the background to fall asleep too, but after living with Gerard for a few months, Frank had gotten used to keeping it off, because Frank's habit had the opposite effect on Gerard, and when Frank found out he was disrupting his husband, he figured out how to doze off without it.

Gerard must have turned it on before he left the room to do whatever he was doing - probably painting, or grabbing some food, or anything in between, and Frank had to suppress a chuckle when he saw it was set to the local news again; Gerard loved his fucking news.

The grin slipped off Frank's face when he saw what the reporter was talking about, which was the earthquake from last night, and even though Frank had witnessed it firsthand, seeing it on the screen made the whole event replay in Frank's mind, and Frank found himself afraid - much more than he had been last night when it had actually been happening.

As the reporter rattled off the current casualty count, Frank cringed slightly, because Gerard had almost been one of those numbers, and if it hadn't been for whoever had saved him, Frank could have lost his husband, but that hadn't happened - thank fuck. It still could though...if these disasters kept happening, they might be put in danger again, and Frank didn't know how to protect Gerard from something like this.

Frank had been so scared when he had seen Gerard fall - terrified actually; he had never felt so helpless as he had in that moment, and he didn't want to experience those sensations again, but what was he supposed to do - he couldn't predict natural disasters after all. Still - Frank wanted to try, especially if it meant keeping Gerard safe.

Speaking of Gerard, he happened to walk back into their bedroom right then, holding a cup of what Frank really hoped was coffee, and sure enough - it was, as if Gerard had sensed Frank was awake, and he knew that he needed some extra motivation to force him out of his comatose state.

In all honesty, Frank didn't even need caffeine to convince his stubborn body to move, all it took was the sight of his husband with sleep tousled hair and a lazy grin on his face to have Frank jumping out of bed, crossing the short distance between them as quickly as he could, because Frank needed the reassurance that his husband was still here with him more than anything right now.

"Hey baby," Gerard chuckled as Frank pulled him into a fierce embrace, mindful of the mug so that he didn't cause Gerard to spill any of the liquid on the carpet, even though that wouldn't be the first time that had happened.

"I missed you," Frank mumbled against Gerard's shirt, and even though he felt sort of silly saying that - he had only woken up two minutes ago after all, seeing the news report had brought out Frank's clingy side, and he was already pretty damn clingy to begin with.

"Sorry - my mom called to make sure we got through the earthquake okay and I didn't want to disturb you."

"They are safe - right?" Frank cut in. In all the excitement of last night, Frank hadn't even thought about the fact that Gerard's relatives lived here too, and he felt guilty for not inquiring after their well-being earlier.

Frank's own parents had moved out of state about a year ago, deciding to spend their retirement years in Florida where his father had been born and raised. Frank made a mental note to call them later just in case they had watched the news and seen the earthquake, but Frank didn't think they knew yet, otherwise his mother would have phoned him already in a panic.

"Yeah, their neighborhood was basically untouched - thank god." Gerard smiled softly as he held up the mug he was still clutching in his hand. "I made you some coffee - speaking of, we are almost out, so I should probably stop by the store today.

"I'll go with you," Frank offered, pulling away from Gerard so he could accept the streaming cup from Gerard with a grateful smile.

"Really - you never want to go shopping?" Gerard sent Frank a quizzical look, because it was true.

Frank hated the grocery store, probably because of the summer when his parents had forced him to work at one, but Frank didn't care right now. He really didn't want to be separated from Gerard, even by a few streets, and if that meant suffering through a quick shopping trip, then so be it.

"Well - I'm branching out," Frank chuckled weakly, trying to hide the real reason behind his need to be with Gerard wherever he went, but Frank should have known that Gerard would see through him in an instant.

"Is everything okay Frank?" Gerard asked, his face pulling down into a worried expression as he spoke.

"Yes...I just - after last night, I don't want to let you out of my sight. What if another quake hits while you are at the store...what if something happens and I'm not there?" Frank questioned softly, his eyes cast downward so Gerard couldn't see the fear hidden behind them.

"Oh sugar..." Gerard murmured, but he didn't say anything else, which Frank assumed to mean that Gerard was feeling the same way he was.

"I know I'm being stupid, and the odds of another disaster striking again are basically nothing, but I just...I can't lose you..." Frank's voice ended on a wail.

Gerard instantly took the coffee cup from Frank's hand, setting it down on their nightstand before enveloping Frank in his arms, and much to Frank's embarrassment, he felt tears pricking at his eyes when he buried his face in Gerard's shirt.

Frank felt sort of pathetic, because he hadn't been hurt in the earthquake, in fact - it had been Gerard who had almost died, and he should be the one breaking down. Frank had been fine last night, and he wanted to keep being strong for Gerard, but right now, he needed someone to comfort him, and Gerard seemed to understand that without Frank having to actually say the words.

"Frankie...I understand - I do. I'm nervous too, but it's going to be okay," Gerard whispered softly, rubbing soothing circles into Frank's back as Frank tried his best to hold back the sob that was currently trapped in his throat.

"I know...I'm just paranoid now, and I'm scared. I just keep thinking about what would have happened if that person hadn't saved you, and I feel like it should have been me, but I couldn't do anything to stop you from falling, and what if next time - someone isn't there for you?" Frank choked out, pulling back from Gerard for a second so could wipe away the few tears that had escaped past his closed eyelids.

"But Frankie - that's part of life. We don't know how long we have left, but that is what makes it more special, and even though I can't promise you that I will live forever, I can promise that if anything did happen to me, I would fight with all I had to get back to you - okay?"

"I know, I just - I can't live without you Gee. Those moods I get in...when I'm so sad I can't function...I know that is what every day would be like without you, and - I guess it just hit me today how close I was to losing you," Frank sniffled quietly.

"I don't know what to say to make this better Frank, but I'm still here, and I'm okay, so please don't worry about the future, because we don't know what's going to happen, and even if we did, we can't change it," Gerard sighed, and Frank could hear the tinge of frustration in his voice - not frustration at Frank, but at this situation, and the fact that he didn't have a solution, because Gerard always liked to fix things, but he was right when he said there was nothing they could do to assuage Frank's fears, he would just have to push them down as far as he could for the time being.

"You are right, and I know I can't protect you from everything, no matter how badly I want to. I'm sorry for being so emotional." Frank smiled weakly, trying to pretend that everything was fine now, even though it really wasn't.

Just then, a soft beep filled the room, and Frank recognized it as his phone going off. Frank reached for the device so he could glance at the new message, assuming it was simply his mother checking up on him, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

"Oh shit..." Frank exhaled heavily when he caught sight of a text from his boss, and even though Frank should have been expecting this, he wasn't prepared for it at all.

Holding the phone out so Gerard could read the message, because he could tell without looking at him that Gerard was practically oozing curiosity, Frank groaned to himself as he watched Gerard's eyes dance over the few lines of the text, his expression falling as he absorbed the words.

"Hey Frank...the skydiving center got hit by the quake - hard. The planes are badly damaged, even the landing pads are cracked, so until further notice, you are on a permanent vacation - along with everyone else.

We won't get an estimate for the damage until Monday, and hopefully after that we will have an idea when we can reopen, but it doesn't look good.

I'll stay in touch."

"Frankie...I'm so sorry," Gerard whispered.

"My job...what am I going to do if they don't reopen? I can't go back to flying commercial planes...I just can't," Frank mumbled softly, leaning into Gerard's side for comfort as he spoke.

"It's gonna be okay baby, we will figure this out," Gerard assured Frank, and even though Frank couldn't see how this could possibly be okay, he wanted to believe Gerard more than anything.

"But what about money?" Frank asked in a timid voice, because Frank hadn't planned on being so suddenly unemployed, and even though they had a savings fund, it wasn't as well stocked as it should have been.

"Well...I'm sure they will pay you whatever vacation time you still have left, and that should last us a little while. I can start painting more often, maybe do a few showings and stuff, and if worst comes to worst, my parents wouldn't mind helping us out."

"Yeah...I guess you are right, still - this fucking sucks. I loved that job," Frank sighed.

"They might be able to reopen love, we don't know anything for sure yet," Gerard smiled. His positive attitude was affecting Frank, and he found himself grinning slightly as well.

Because even though Frank was devastated about not being able to fly for the foreseeable future, he felt a small spark of joy unfurling in his chest when he realized that this meant he would get even more time with Gerard, and in his current mood, that was almost enough to offset the fact that he no longer had a job.

"Okay - I won't panic, not yet anyway." Frank wasn't sure what they were going to do if the skydiving center stayed closed for longer than a few months, but he knew that Gerard would help him through this, and they would be okay, even if Frank had to work at McDonald's for the time being.

"Well why don't you get dressed and we will go to the store, it will take your mind off things for now," Gerard suggested.

"I'm not sure if shopping is going to successfully distract me Gee," Frank scoffed playfully, but he did down his coffee quickly so he could start getting ready to leave.

"I'll make it interesting - I promise," Gerard winked, sending Frank into a fit of unexpected giggles.

And although this moment was nothing special, Frank was suddenly overcome with an overwhelming rush of love for his husband, because even though he should be upset right now, or worried, he really wasn't, because Gerard had managed to cheer him up just by being there for him, and Frank was okay with the fact that he didn't have a job, because he did have Gerard, and in the end, that was all that really mattered to him.

~~~

"You are going Brendon - tonight, I don't care if I have to drag you down there myself," Mikey seethed, his wings fluttering around him in agitation as paced back and forth in front of his friend.

"I thought you were banned from Earth for a year?" Billie Joe asked calmly from his seat in the corner of the room, but he instantly shut his mouth when Mikey sent him a furious glare.

"Well it's Brendon's fault that I'm banned, because if you had gone to Frank earlier, Gerard wouldn't have almost died," Mikey scoffed angrily, causing both Brendon and Billie Joe to shift uncomfortably in their seats.

Mikey threw his hands up in the air when the two angels remained silent, trying his best to resist the urge to smack them both in the face until they saw sense. Their reluctance to go to Frank was becoming ridiculous, and now that it had put Gerard in danger, Mikey had made it his personal mission to convince them that they had no more time to waste.

Mikey was already paying for their inaction; God had been displeased with his jaunt down to Earth to save Gerard, even though they weren't nearly as furious as Mikey had expected them to be. Even though God hadn't specifically said it in so many words, they had seemed pleased that Mikey hadn't sat back and let Gerard die - not that he ever would have done that, and Mikey's punishment hadn't been as severe as it could have been, even though it still fucking sucked.

Mikey would have to refrain from his guardian angel duties for a year now, which was the position he had chosen when he had changed races. Mikey had instantly been drawn to the task, because he knew what it was like to need someone there to watch over you; he would have killed for a guardian angel when he had first lost Gerard, but now he had a chance to save those who were suffering just like he had been not too long ago, which was the greatest job in the world in Mikey's opinion.

At least he didn't have any current charges because of the upcoming apocalypse. Still - even with other things to occupy his attention, it would be hard to know that he couldn't help a single soul for such a long span of time, and Mikey blamed Brendon for that entirely.

As soon as Mikey had left his audience with God, he had stormed off to unearth Billie Joe and Brendon from where they had been hiding in the library, and Mikey wasn't leaving them alone until they agreed to go to Frank, no matter how long it took them.

Mikey had pleaded God to force them into this, because it was obvious that the apocalypse was almost upon them, and if they didn't do something soon, the world would end before Frank and Gerard had the chance to save it, but God was forbidden from interfering as well. Anything that was prophesied was beyond their control, but that didn't mean that Mikey couldn't try to do what God could not.

Mikey was just so frustrated, because he didn't understand what Brendon was waiting for. Mikey knew that Brendon was reluctant to drag Frank and Gerard back into the supernatural world, but it was obvious that being human wasn't safe anymore either, and in Mikey's opinion, they had a better chance of survival if they would just revert back to the original forms.

"It isn't just Brendon's fault Mikey...it's mine too, and we are sorry. I didn't know that the Leviathan was so close to the Jersey Shore...if I had, I could have predicted the quakes, but it's gone dormant for now, and they should be safe for a little while longer," Billie Joe apologized, but that wasn't good enough for Mikey. He had almost lost his brother for the third time, and there was no fucking way he was going through that hell again.

"What the hell is wrong with you two - do you not give a shit that Gerard would have died if it wasn't for me? What if I hadn't been watching him in the seeing pool just then - what if he did die? The prophecy would be broken, and we would be fucked, and I -" Mikey cut himself off when he felt tears welling in his throat, because there was no fucking way he was going to start crying right now.

"I understand you are upset Mikey - I do, and we will keep a better eye on Gerard and Frank...but Brendon wants to wait for a little while longer...and -"

"I'll go," Brendon finally spoke up, not lifting his gaze from where it had been firmly fixed on his lap for the past few minutes.

"I - what?" Mikey furrowed his brows when Brendon's words sunk in, because he had expected more of a fight from the angel, and his easy win had caught him off guard.

"You are right...I'll go to him - tonight."

God this chapter gave me so much trouble, but I finally finished it, and I actually have half of the next chapter written now. I was going to put it in this one, but I decided I was rushing things too much. That means the next update will probably be decently soon though ^_^

And as you probably noticed, I had to put this story on slow updates for now. I don't know why, but I have just lost inspiration for it, so I rarely want to work on the chapters for this because I have to force myself to write, and I don't like doing that.

I don't know how long I will be like this, but once this block passes, I will let you guys know.

Until then, thank you for putting up with my terrible updating schedule, and if you want, maybe go check out some of my other stories.

This chapter is dedicated to mcrfancentural for commenting such nice things on the last chapter and making me feel better about how long I am making everyone wait for updates on this story.

((((updating vibes))))

<3 starr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432 31 10
"When someone is constantly exposed to evil, they too will start doing bad things." In the age of bell bottoms and roller discos, the only thing on...
508 35 8
It's not like I asked for this. I didn't ask. I didn't want this. But now there's nothing in this world that I could want more. Him, next to me. Smil...
1.7K 142 28
(I felt like I should've done more with My Angel, so I will slightly rewrite this, and add more chapters and probably more plot too, but most of it w...
26.9K 896 16
Please don't read this, I wrote it when I was 12/13. Gerard and Frank have been married for almost two years. Everything has been going fine. Jobs ar...