Betrothed

بواسطة Wowchilee

*Previously Betrothed To A Vampire Prince* Isabella Sienna Valencia, called Sienna, is hands down the most be... المزيد

➸ 2. Introductions
➸ 3. Vampires
➸ 4. Scars
➸ 5. Night at the Castle
➸ 6. Good Morning
7. Details

➸ 1. Betrothed

18.1K 476 128
بواسطة Wowchilee

This Chapter Has Been Re-Written. Any Chapter With Symbol The ➸ Means It Has Been Re-Edited :)

Please feel free to comment! And don't forget to vote!! 

I have a lot of books in my drafts currently being worked on - so I promise I will try to make sure I reply on all of your comments because they mean so much to me!

This story will be some in Sienna's POV and some in Sebastian's. I won't try to stray too far off from two POV's because sometimes that gets a little cray!

xoxo - H.N. VonWard

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 Sienna

"What?" I paled, jumping up in my stilettos with my mouth wide open as I gaped at the woman with perfectly styled blonde hair, her fierce amber eyes narrowing at me.

Her gaze turned into a cold glare as her jaw ticked. She hated whenever I had an outburst or questioned her in any form.

This woman, my mother, just informed me that in exactly sixty days, I'll be married. To someone I don't even know.

Today, of all days, on my eighteenth birthday, and she sprang this on me...

Today was the day I was supposed to be free of her and her rules.. her hatred.

"Calm down right this instant." She spat, her top lip curling upward to reveal her white teeth which were somehow even lighter than her already-alabastar complexion.

I flinched at my forgetfulness and the harshness in her tone. Mother was a harsh woman, her punishments could vouch for that.

"I will not tolerate another disgusting outburst from you, Isabella Sienna Valencia! You are a lady so you must remain one even in situations where you do not feel inclined to do so. Do you understand me!?" She shouted, a fire burning behind her eyes as she threw her daggers my way. I could imagine her golden blonde hair taking a life of it's own right now and slipping out of her perfect updo, forming snakes that slithered to face me with evil eyes, Medusa reincarnate.

She was mad now, which wasn't hard to achieve. I could always tell how angry she was by the way her usually amber coloured irises turned a dark shade of burgundy, an odd response her body had to anger.

Mother never showed emotion, her face was always a mask. The only time I could find it evident that she was angry was when her eyes changed colours. However, the punishments spoke volume as to how furious she was with me for whatever small thing I had done or not done. I was too 'broken in' to do anything over the line, but even expressing my feelings was hard to do around her, out of fear for what she would resort to if it made her irate.

How else was I supposed to react to being told I'm to be married to a man that I didn't even know?

I sighed shakily as my gaze darted away from her normally pretty features which transformed into something very ugly. Taking deep breaths, I looked down at the cream coloured carpet, willing the anxiety that was spiraling outward from my chest, back inside of me.

Anxiety was something I lived with since I was just ten years old, always fearful of what she would do if I crossed the invisible line with her. You never knew where that line began and where it ended.

Mother didn't tolerate anything but a calm and proper exterior from me. I was to act as if things did not bother me, even though on the inside I was bursting at the seams. That was word for word what she expected of me since I could remember.

I felt the fires calm around the atmosphere to a flickering flame, hearing her inhale slightly before releasing a calming breath of her own. "Thats better." Her cold and proper voice had me glancing up at her in fear, watching as she pursed her lips.

"Don't worry, I wont punish you this time because I know you are in shock. That, and I want you to look your best tonight. We don't want you in pain on the night you meet your future husband do we?" She gave me an evil smirk before narrowing those snake-like eyes at me again, "No puffy eyes, Sienna." Her icy gaze told me she was not joking, which was something she also never did.

I was meeting my fiance for the first time tonight, her birthday present to me. All she ever thought about was herself, I was just her property that she could do with as she pleased. I didn't want to meet this man who was going to ruin the rest of my life. Who would even arrange a marriage for their child? That has to be the cruelest thing anyone could do to the child they gave birth to.

Why couldn't I have a normal mother who loved me?

This woman has never even said such words to me. Not in all my eighteen years have I heard the words, "I love you", aside from Priscilla, my Au Pair who was more loving towards me than the blonde jackal standing five feet away from me in her black gucci stilettos.

I watched her eyes turn back to a soft amber as she gracefully sat down on the edge of the plush cream sofa, smoothing her form fitting, black cocktail dress around her pale legs. "Now Sienna, you sit down and listen to everything I tell you. This is important." Her tone was stern.

I submitted to her request, willing myself not to cry and sat quietly opposite of her, still reeling from her 'birthday gift' to me. My back straight, head held high, I focused on my own heart beat as I watched her assesing my form, scrutinzing me from the way I crossed my legs to the way my hands folded in my lap, as proper ladies do.

Finding nothing to pick on me over, Mother rose a brow and her painted lips formed what I assumed was her "smile."

"So we have already established that you are to be married in two months. You are betrothed and have been since you were six months old." She seemed happy about this but my eyes only widened at this information. Betrothed? As a baby? Honestly...

Mother did that thing where she turned her nose up in the air, her 'i'm better than anyone' expression. "Your betrothed and His family are coming over tonight to have dinner with us for you eighteenth birthday and your betrothed's birthday as well..... and to discuss the engagement and the wedding." I paled even more as she eyed me with more scrutinity.

His birthday?

"Your fiance will be so pleased to see you, so you need to look your absolute best. You will not disgrace our family with any of your little outbursts and you will be gracious. He is a fine man. Handsome and very wealthy! It's been some time since you've seen him, but he is even more handsome than he was back then." She actually half smiled this time as an emotion, unknown to me, flashed through her eyes.

Frowning, I accidentally interrupted her out of impulse. "But I don't even know him." My voice was wavering.

I waited through the breif silence, finding that the cream carpet actually was quite interesting with it's different shades off-whites.

"Sienna..You have met him, but it has been a long time. You two share a birthday, his is today as well, so you are his gift, as he is yours." She made it sound like it was the best thing to ever happen to me.

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth, a nervous habit of mine. I shared the same birthday as this man? Why don't I remember him? She had said he was twenty-four, which means he turns twenty-five today, makin him exactly six years older.

Seeing the confusion on my features, mother had the decency to show just the slightest bit of remorse in her eyes as she looked away before recovering quickly, back to her expressionless face.

"There are some things you need to know.... but there will be a time and place for that.." Her voice was softer than I had ever heard it before. "Tonight at dinner, everything will be discussed for your and Sebastian's future."

Sebastian... Sebastian.. it sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it. There was something my brain was trying to tell me but I wasn't comprehending it.

"Wait, What's his last name?" I cocked my head to the side, waiting with curiosity.

A proud look crossed her face as she assumed my question meant I was interested. That wasn't the case.

"Sebastian Lecreaux. He is the most eligible bachelor in the country, Sienna. You will just die when you see how good looking he is!" Now, she seemed giddy which meant either she was happy to finally get rid of me, or she was getting paid for this. Probably both, as she could have easily gotten rid of me by letting me leave. I was prepared to take my savings and pack my things, leaving tomorrow. Now this.

I felt all the blood rush from my face when she said his name. I felt like I had heard that name before. I just couldn't place it.

Lecreaux.... so familiar..

This can't be happening to me!

My mother didn't love me, it was obvious. But I had never expected this.

All the years I've dealt with her abuse, telling myself that one day I would be free, only to find out the day of my eighteenth birthday, that I am once again to serve someone else's requests. That the one thing in my life I should be able to decide on my own, has been decided for me.

Love should not be decided by someone else.. especially by someone I don't even know.

I felt my eyes begin to water and I tried my best at holding them in until I could at least go upstairs to my room to be alone, but my emotions were getting the best of me.

Today i awoke, excited to be eighteen and legally a woman.

Excited to be able to leave this house and live my life, never having to come back. I had planned to try college, maybe find something I'm good at besides taking orders from someone.

I don't have experience in anything but studying, following orders, and being a proper lady, but the thought of being my own person had excited me. I'm smart.. extremely smart. I wanted to be able to have a chance in this world at doing my own thing.. to gain experience and not be so naive to the world around me..

But the gift of freedom that I assumed I would have was instantly snatched from me, being replaced by the knowledge that I would always be a slave to someone, never being allowed to find myself and figure out who the real me actually is. I knew I wasn't this; some prim and proper lady who was raised to be the perfect wife for my future husband one day.

I was't born to be a prisoner.. I deserve to make my own choices.

"You are just throwing me away to a man I don't even know? I can't even recall his name!" I sobbed as the tears betrayed me, falling down my cheeks.

Mother hated crying but today was just one of those days where I didn't really care anymore. Not about her anger, not about making her proud... nothing.

Mother huffed, rolling her eyes. "Sienna, stop this crying nonsense. Its something you cannot control. This has always been your fate since you were a baby... everything will be explained tonight." Her lips pursed. If she wasn't so mean and hateful she would be a beautiful woman. But right now I hated her. I've always hated her, but I've respected her out of fear alone.

Priscilla was the one that I had love for and she wasn't even related to me by blood and that's saying something about the woman who is supposed to be my mother.. my own blood.

Growing impatient with my emotional distress, Mother sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Go get ready. I laid the dress you will wear on your bed. Now march up the stairs. I don't want to discuss this anymore right now. Your incessant sniveling is giving me a headache. Now Go! They will be here in two hours." She stood, glaring down at me as I sat there with tears staining my cheeks. Pointing to the stairs with pursed lips and large eyes, I knew I needed to go before she decided she no longer cared if I were in pain tonight or not.

Getting up on shaky legs, I bowed my head to hide my tears from her, walking away and up the stairs to my room... my save haven.

I did want to get away from her but not like this. I wanted to be free, not a prisoner for the rest of my life. Knowing my luck, he would be a sadistic bastard.

What had been the point of all the studying I've done?

My subject matter wasn't what most people my age would have studied, Priscilla told me, but I've been schooled since I was able to talk.

Thinking back on it, It all makes since now..

For as long as I could remember, I have had special classes and training, aside from schooling. Mother always said it was to make me the perfect bride one day. I've had all my education and then some.

I've had training in persuasion, on how to get what I want without voicing what it is I actually want, and also debating classes, although, debating never went further than school.

I've been through etiquette classes where I learned manners and such, I've been Instructed on fashion and how to apply makeup and do my hair. I was taught how to articulate in the english language as well as others; I can speak French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, German and Mandarin.

And.. as embarrassing as it is to admit, I've also been taught sex education on how to please my future husband and how my body works. Those classes went into depth.

I was taught to know about men. To never trust their words but to save myself for my husband and remain pure. Pure in every aspect, even kissing. Also, to obey my husband... but to use the art of persuasion to get my way at times of importance.

At an early age, mother told me that men are not trust worthy creatures. And that even though I would be the perfect wife for someone, that I probably wouldn't be his one and only. That I would more than likely have to deal with mistresses, so never give my heart to someone. She said I should remain regal and queen-like on the outside, never show anger or jealousy.... but always remain cold and unfeeling on the inside.. Like her. Never expect love.

I was expected to Show nothing but adoration and faithfulness to my husband.

I thought all the classes and training were to prepare me for a world on my own and to teach me about how to be a good wife for the man I decided to marry one day. I figured that Mother was bitter about men since my father had left us and told me those things about my would-be future husband to keep me aware..

But no..

It was to prepare me for him.

I wasn't allowed to read books of my choice so I never have even heard of true love until Priscilla began sneaking in fairytales for me to read when I was a child. I didn't expect someone to love me one day, but I've dreamt of it. I've never even had encounters with boys or men.. just introductions at the parties my mother dragged me to. I was naive.

But my, I never thought I was born for this! I thought I would just live my own life.

I never will now..

The realisation that all that training was for this moment was deafening for my brain to think about.

Closing the door to my bedroom, I leaned my back against it, feeling weak in my knees. My tears streamed down my face as I rested my head on the door, sliding down it slowly until my butt hit the floor.

I can't believe she is selling me off to the highest bidder.

What is she gaining from this??

I can't do this. I can't! But if I don't listen, she would beat me once they left..

After a few moments of feeling sorry for myself and wallowing in self pity, I peered around the rose coloured walls of my mature bed-room, searching for the clock.

4 p.m.

If I wasn't ready on time, things would be worse for me than they already are. Taking a deep breath, I swiped at my eyes, my fingers coming back black from eyeliner before pushing myself up off the floor and walked out of me stilettos as I stalked to my ensuite bathroom.

Feeling numb, I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror....

My light crystal blue eyes, with fleck of turquoise surounding my pupil, were puffy and rimmed with red from crying. I tried to relieve some of the irritation by rubbing my eyes and applying some coconut oil. Mother would be beyond mad if I showed up for dinner with puffy eyes.

I pulled the hair tie out of the bun it was in and watched as my deep chestnut hair cascaded in waves, stopping just at my lower back. My usuall-glowing skin was pale with dread and heartache. I looked nothing like I should on today of all days. I should be happy, shining from the inside out.

Instead I felt broken and torn..

I sighed as I bit my bottom lip to keep it from trembling, gazing at myself in the mirror.

My future...

It was outlined for me since I was just a baby and I had no idea. I have lived with my mother all my life, never knowing my father. She said he left us when I was a baby, only hearing about his death shortly after. Maybe whoever my father was, he would have saved me from this. Maybe he would have loved me.

Instead.. I have lived out my 18 years of life with this wretched cold hearted woman I called mother, even though she didn't care about me like a mother should.

When I have a child, I will never be like her, I thought to myself.

With one last look at my sad, petite frame, I stripped my clothes off and discarded them in the hamper. Starting toward the shower, i paused to look behind me at the mirror again.

The angry faded scars on my back from all the beatings I've received all my life were staring right back at me. A few New ones as well which were long scabs now. They littered the surface of my back, marring my once perfect skin.

The scars, they were my one flaw, mother always told me. She had at least told me my whole life that I was beautiful, but taunted my by giving me these scars, letting me know that this flaw was worse than anything else I could have. Scars. It was part of her manipulation to get me to bend to her will..

Maybe he wont be so bad. Maybe he will take me away from all of this, be my knight in shining armor..like the fairy tales.What if he isn't handsome? Mother said he was though.. I wouldn't mind as long as he was kind.

Once I was finished with my shower, being careful as to not get soap or the hot water on my scabs, I got out and toweled off.

My fate has already been decided. I could run away but she would find me.. Maybe I could try to be optimistic about it..

She said he was handsome, at least. Maybe he had a personality to go with it. Once he saw my scars though, he might return me, which would send Mother into a rage...

Or Maybe he's caring and sweet.. honest. Maybe he will accept me for who I am..

I smiled to myself, trying to think of things that i could look forward to as i applied my makeup expertly and began drying my hair.

I won't let mother ruin my birthday. Even if this night does turn into a disaster, at least I have company for my birthday this year and it's not all about mother for a change.

I readied myself for dinner, choosing my makeup to compliment my startling crystal eyes and natural glowing skin.

If there was one thing my mother did teach me, it was how to use makeup properly and how to make sure my hair was always at its best. She would expect nothing less. She was also a tyrant for manners and etiquette, hence the classes.

Despite being awful to me emotionally, Mother made sure I always knew how to make myself look perfect. She had told me always that I was a perfect canvas, that I was blessed that I had been born with so much beauty. I never really saw it that way.

With eyes larger than most and natural thick, long lashes, I guess I could see that. I did have nice cheekbones and plush lips, which mother always said men are crazy for.. but what they would really go crazy for were my curves, she had said. I was built very womanly, showing at a young age. That was when she had warned me of all the horrors of men..

Once I was finished getting ready, I stepped back and took a look at myself in the full length mirror.

I looked glamourous.

My hair was in curls down my back and makeup was light yet it enhanced my natural gifts. I made my way toward my bed where the short sapphire blue dress lay, my manacured finger tips grazing the lace material. This color had always suited me.

I held it up, noting the length was lacking before heaving out a sigh and slipping it on. It became a little snug at the hips but once I pulled it over them, the material let loose and draped over my form perfectly. My dresses were always tailored just for my body.

Not being able to reach the zipper, I called out for Priscilla, my AuPair since I was a little girl. She was more like a mother to me than anyone.

"Priscilla! Can you come here for a moment!" I shouted through the door. I had heard her in the hallway cleaning as I was doing my makeup, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered her.

She came dashing into my room with a look of hopefulness across her plump loving face, her graying hair, once brown, in a dissaray due to the ridiculous things that Mother had her doing before the dinner. She was in her mid fifties and had always regarded me as her own. I loved her more than anyone. She was my Mrs. Doubtfire, as she called herself. I didn't know what reference that was

"Dear you look amazing. You need help with the zipper?" She asked sweetly, her honest, blue eyes twinkling. Her eyes always reminded me of my own, but just a touch darker. Even her nose reminded me of mine. I'm sure in her younger days, she was a gorgeous young lady.

"Yes please." I leaned my head to the side, pouring out my graciousess to her through my eyes.

She smiled lovingly, motioning for me to turn and I did.

"Priscilla, why is she doing this to me? I want to go to college. I could just run away...." I mused as she zipped me up, knowing her thoughts would be the same as mine.

I felt her hands still, "No dear, that would not be wise. She would find you. They all would." She whispered. Mother had sensitive hearing.

I frowned. Who were they all?

" There are some complicated things you do not understand yet, but you will. Its not my place to tell you." She finished with the zipper, turning me around by my shoulders as she gazed into my eyes. "Just have patience, Sienna. Everything will come to light." Her smile was gentle and apologetic as she patted my arm. I rose a brow in question , the way she was speaking was as if there were things that I had to find out.. things I never knew that she did. I didn't like being kept in the dark.

Before I could voice my opinion on the matter, her smile broke into a grin as she attempted to change the subject. " But .... you look amazing! He isn't so bad you know.. your betrothed, I mean. He is ten times better than your mother." She tried to cheer me up but it wasn't working. Did she know Sebastian Lecreaux? Personally?

Priscilla quickly left my room due to the screeching of mother calling for her, but not before she gave me a kiss on the cheek and hugged me tightly. Then I was left with my pity party of one and so many question that I didn't know where to start.

Priscilla was the only light in my otherwise doomed existance. I don't know what I would do without her. Maybe I could persuade my soon-to-be husband to take her in along with me?

I padded toward my full length mirror to inspect my appearance. If I wasn't perfect, I would hear about it after the guests left.

I checked myself tediously. The sapphire dress came about mid thigh. It was short but mother said i needed to attract attention from Sebastian tonight, so it was allowed.

The dress was beautiful, made entirely of lace in a deep sapphire blue. It had a scoop neck line with long sleeves and a short length. Being lace, my skin shown through but silk paneling covered me underneath, from my breasts.. all the way to the hem line.

I loved long sleeves with a short dress. Such a classic look. Especially with lace.

Mother always tried her best to hide my scars, so I never wore anything backless, but the dress fit perfectly. It hugged my curves in all the right places and loosened at the appropriate ones. It was a form fitting dress, so it showed off my small waist. I knew she was trying to ensure I was the center of attention so that my fiance would be interested..

I quickly slipped on a pair of nude sky high stilletos, which made my pale yet olive toned legs look amazing. Then there was the last piece to complete the ensemble; jewelry. Mother had picked out a Mikyoto pearl necklace with matching pearl studs. These had a beautiful cream finish - perfect with the color scheme of what I was wearing.

Even though she hated me, Mother always made sure I had nice things, but only things I required... or that she thought I needed. No music. No lap top. No tv. Lots of designer clothes of her choice and books though. All the historically famous ones of course. Definitely no romance novels. .

I inspected my perfectly done French manicured nails, making sure there werent any chips in the paint then lightly applied a squirt of Burberry perfume at my wrists and dabbed some behind me ears.

Mother always said never wear more than two squirts of perfume, as she and most of her friends were highly sensitive to smells. I still followed her rules.

"Sienna. Our guests have arrived." My mother popped into my bedroom to inform me. I slowly turned to her, my heart rate quickening at the sound of her voice, but she seemed... pleasant. Her features were in their usual mask of indifference but I noticed the slight twinkle in her eyes and her lips only slightly tilted upward at the corner. No one would ever notice such a miniscule detail, but I did.

"D-Do I look ok?" I asked nervously. I was afraid she would be displeased with something. She always was critical.

Her amber orbs darted over my nervous form quickly, looking for anything that needed to be changed. A strange smile crept over her delicate features. Strange, because it was rare.

" You look.... perfect Sienna. Absolutely stunning. Such a beautiful girl. I'm glad I have taught you well." She looked at me proudly. This was a look i have never seen in her minimal displays of emotion, nor have I ever been cleared without some sort of task that needed to be done to make sure I was presentable..

"Come now!" Her tone was back to the cool, calm and collected tone she used as she smoothed her blonde hair down. I swear she still looks thirty-five. Even after all these years.

She must be getting paid a lot of money for me. Why else would she look proud? Surely there is money involved. I have gotten no insults from her, no "change your hair Sienna!", nothing.

I nodded my head, pleasing her once again. She grabbed my hand, smiling at me and I frowned at her as my head tilted away.

Smiling? Holding my hand? Then it dawned on me.

She was happy I wasn't her problem anymore.

I remained calm, content that she was pleased with me for once. I released her hand and followed her lead down the long corridoor, my heels clicking rhythmically. Before we met the top of the wide single spiral staircase, She stopped abruptly and turned to face me, grabbing my wrists firmly and looking me straight in the eyes.

I froze, widening my gaze. There was something so strange about her behavior toward me tonight, especially the frantic look in her eyes in this very moment.

She began to whisper very quietly,"Now listen Sienna. I know I have been hard on you your whole life, but there was a reason. I wanted to make you the perfect woman. For this man. You were chosen, Sienna, and I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you.. but it was needed."

I saw minimal regret in her eyes.

"These people are important people. Be with them as you are to me and you'll do fine. Remember your manners and be of elegance. Keep your head high and your voice soft. They are...different. like me. They will explain."

My plump lips parted in shock as I stared wide eyed at her. If they were anything like her I was doomed.

She squeezed my wrists gently with a tight smile.

"Wait here until I introduce you. Do. Not. Embarrass me." Her words were choppy, giving me that look that would scare a grown man.

She briskly let go and clicked down the stairs in her heels , where I knew they were waiting, in the drawing room. I smoothed my hair down and concentrated on making my heartbeat regular, a trick I've learned over time. Mother had very sensitive hearing, she could always tell when I was nervous, lying, scared.. all because of the frantic flutter of my heart beat. How she was able to hear it? I never knew..

I heard her voice faintly.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! The child took a bit longer tonight getting ready. She wanted to look her best for you all. She's finally presentable. King Magnus, Queen Serephine, Prince Sebastian.. I would like you to meet my daughter, Isabella Sienna Valencia"

King... Queen...Prince! ?!?! They are royalty? Why didn't she tell me!?

I took a deep breath and let it out, stood straight, head high, smile poised, and took my first step down the spiral staircase in the tall stilleto heels. I walked with elegance and gracefulness with one hand delicately placed on the hand rail. I probably looked like a regal princess, what mother has always said I should act.

I remembered to keep smiling, making it sincere as possible as I descended from each step. I first came in view of mother, beaming as she glanced at me before peeking over at the man and woman beside her.

Then there was the King, looking handsomely dashing in his black suit. Dark brown hair and cobalt blueish gray eyes. He was maybe in his thirties? That can't be right... But He looked pleased as I smiled at him sweetly. They were all standing at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for me to descend.

Manners.

Then came the mother, the Queen. She was so beautiful; tall and poised with dark hair and sharp green eyes that stood out against her pale skin. Gorgeous wasn't enough for how stunning she was. She smiled appreciatively and it was honest.. and .. warm?

Then I saw him.

Sebastian LeCreaux..

The man I was supposed to marry.

My breath caught in my throat and I could feel my heart beat erratically as our eyes met and a brilliant blue swirling with flecks of silver stared back at me.

This man ... He was more than I could have ever imagined.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: this has been edited so if you've already read the chapters, re read this! Comment! Vote! I love you all and thank you for your support thus far~!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

41.5K 1.3K 34
In which Alexia Kirby will meet a girl with beautiful blue eyes, only to find out it's the same girl her brother is always talking about. Will Alexia...
3.5K 187 5
What if the Sirius Black had a daughter? What if the day James and Lily Potter died, Alexia Black disappeared? What if she was now living in Mystic...
72.2K 1.6K 138
Spike, Buffy, Willow, Xander, Tara, Anya preferences and lots of imagines (mostly Spike tbh). Imagines include all the above + Faith, Dark Willow an...
1.1M 36.5K 30
Book 1 in the Creatures series. Everyone knows what happens to mythical creatures when they die. They end up in purgatory, right? Well, that's what...