Saving Elliot ©2015 Sydney Wr...

By sydneywrayy

Elliot was the type of boy who was proper; he never attended the parties, didn't care about his own social st... More

Chapter 1~Wonderfully strange encounters
Chapter 2~Policy: Drink from the straw
Chapter 3~Elliot Jason Jackson
Chapter 4~ Dead Dogs, and a Jaxx
Chapter 5~Snake Bites and Felonies.
Chapter 6~Insecure nine-year old.
Chapter 7~Best money ever spent.
Chapter 8~Masks and Memories
Chapter 9~My town
Chapter 10-Snoopy
Chapter 11~Soap Operas
Chapter 12~Unmistaken promises
Chapter 13~Grammatical errors
Chapter 14~Salty Kisses
Chapter 15-Fraud
Chapter 16-Uncertainty
Chapter 18-Mysteries
Chapter 19-Jaxx Revealed
Chapter 20-Hangovers and Discussions
Chapter 21-Rave, won't you?
Chapter 22-Watch and Learn
Chapter 23-Mabel
Chapter 24-Saftey Hazards
Chapter 25~Once A Prim..
Chapter 26~Equally As Deadly
Chapter 27~Unpleasent Encounters
Chapter 28~Time Lapse
Chapter 29~ Go To Hell
Chapter 30~Her
Chapter 31~I did
Chapter 32~Grasshopper
NOT COPYRIGHTED

Chapter 17-Answers

6.4K 315 37
By sydneywrayy

"I don't know, Jaxx!" I exclaimed into the phone, crossing the kitchen to pour out my bowl of finished cereal. "She stopped calling about two hours ago."

I heard impatient teenagers yell orders in the background of The Shack. "Why won't you call her then?"

"Because I don't even know if I want to forgive her."

A sigh came from her end. "Come out with me tonight. You need some fun."

"I don't know.."

"You're comin'. Meet me at The Shack." And she hung up.

"Well that's that." I muttered to myself as I pocketed my phone.

A knock interrupted my thoughts.

I smoothed down my blazer, (father had checked in on me this morning before leaving so I had to change into a suit), and walked to the door. Usually, I didn't mind getting the door. Letting others do my own work always left me uncombortable. Obviously, my father thought otherwise.

I opened the door, revealing a stout man in a suit similar to mine.

"Hello. John?" He asked, a fake smile plastered while he scratched his bald head.

I shook my head, holding out a hand to his. "His son, Elliot. Come in."

The man stepped in, important looking papers gripped in his hands.

"Mr. Frick! Welcome!" My father strode down the staircase like he was a contestant in a beauty pageant.

I quietly snorted at his name. Mr. Frick?

They both looked at me, my father shooting my a death glare.

I cleared my throat, quietly excusing myself.

~~~~~~~~~~

Through the walls, I could make out bits and pieces of their discussions. Something about down town L.A, and the date of their destruction.

Destruction. Yep, he actually used that word. Somehow I thought of Hailey.

I stepped into the porch overlooking the Olympic sized pool. My thoughts eventually wandered to none other then her.

And I started to think of that night two days ago. Her teary eyes and her sniffling state of bafflement. I had conflicting emotions; I wanted to either hug and comfort her, or leave her for the police to handle. 

As much as I tried to leave her in the past, convince myself she was a minor distraction that got in the way and became an obstacle, her beautiful self always diverted those fleeting thoughts.

Was she really bad for me? My father was usually right about things. Was she good for me? I wasn't sure.

At that moment, I realized Hailey was something that never should've happened. Sure, the universe led her to my house that night she had to pee. But she could've easily gone to the neighbors, flirted with one my age, gotten the same conclusion.

Nothing made sense. I didn't know what to do. Forgive her? Just like that? For lying to me about almost everything?

"Elliot?" Damion's voice asked from behind me.

I didn't turned around. "Yes?"

"You have a visitor."

I turned around, and was faced with Hailey.

Though my brain screamed at me not to, my wild eyes lingered on her face for longer then it should've. Her beautiful hair flowed down, her bright blue eyes blinked at me, and her lips, oh those lips, bit eachother in a nervous way.

"What do you want?" I asked without processing.

Hailey's lips parted, her gaze pained but blank in the same way.

"I need you to follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat in silence as the Taxi drove out of Venice. Hailey must've driven in it to my house.

The entire time I was thinking that I must have been crazy. But, something about the fact that Hailey had come all the way from Down town L.A made me follow her.

Before I knew it, the Taxi pulled into a sandy area near a hill leading down to the beach.

"Follow me." Was all she said again, stepping out of the car and handing cash to the driver.

I eyed the money in her hand, wondering where she got it. She caught my eye, and rolled her own before taking off.

I rushed after her. She led me past several small houses, before she stopped and went into one.

We entered a tiny room garnished with a kitchen and living room. I glanced around in awe and curiosity, mostly because I had never been in such a place.

A mother, quite attractive and looking like Hailey herself with wild dirty blonde hair, was cooking something in the kitchen with her back to us.

"Mom." Hailey suddenly said without much emotion.

The woman turned around, eyebrows raised. "Yes?" Hailey's mother glanced at me, smiling. "Hello."

"Mom, this is Elliot."

She held out her hand, stepping forward. "Hi, Elliot. I'm Elena. It's so nice to finally meet you."

Finally? So she knew about me. I glanced at Hailey after smiling at her mom.

Hailey looked at me as if, see?

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at her.

Hailey turned and motioned for me to come.

I did, and we ended up in her bedroom. If I thought the kitchen was small, her room was smaller. With only a bed, a nightstand, lamp and closet, it made me feel terrible about the size of mine. It almost seemed selfish.

"This is my room."

I nodded, starting to understand what this was all about.

Though, her incredible artwork hung on the yellow washed-out walls. I caught a picture frame on her nightstand. It was of her on my back at the beach, her arm extended to take the selfie. I remembered that day.

Even then everything was a lie.

I shifted uncomfortably.

I watched her walk out of the room without a word and I followed her.

We ended up back in the living room.

"Elliot, I'm just about to serve dinner. Would you like to eat with us?" Elena said with a smile, wiping her hands.

I looked at her hopeful smile, not wanting to come off as rude and reject a meal. But on the other hand, I certainly didn't want to spend it with Hailey.

"That's okay mom-" Hailey started before I interrupted.

"-I'd love to. Thanks."

Elena nodded, turning back to the stove.

Hailey looked at me and whispered, "What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?"

But Elena had already started toward the table, carrying a pot of something.

I went to go sit, but not before pausing and pulling out Hailey's chair for her. This dinner was already awkward enough; why not make it more awkward?

Elena beamed at me in my peripheral vision before already beating me to it and sitting down.

The table was tiny, only meant for two, but three could fit.

Surprisingly, I felt a strange sense of comfort and calmness during my dinner with the two blondes.

The food, chili, was a fresh break from my usual five-star meals and it was nice not being surrounded by servants and expensive furniture.

It was filled with questions from Elena, who actually looked interested and not in a fake way I was usually surrounded with.

She seemed genuinely interested in my answers, which was also something I had forgotten the feeling to since I was ten. It was comforting.

I helped with the dishes until Elena shooed me away.

Hailey motioned toward the door, and I thanked Elena one last time before following.

She didn't say a word until we got to the center of the town, where we were completely surrounded by poverty.

"This is where I live." She said.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked quietly, blinking at her.

A blank look enveloped her expression. "You said you didn't know me at all."

I didn't answer.

"This is me."

I still didn't respond.

Hailey turned to me, crossing her arms. "My favorite color is yellow. I'm an artist, which you already know. My mom is a cashier at the local supermarket-"

"-Hailey," I interrupted, uneasy. I didn't know what to say.

But she didn't stop. "My father is in prison for stealing food for my mother and I. It was a tough couple of months, and we didn't have any food or money. He stole a loaf of bread , and got time in prison for running from the police."

I swallowed, hanging my head.

"My favorite food is garlic bread," she said and I smiled, "I wanna be an artist someday. The night I met you I really did have to pee."

I nodded, taking a step closer. "Then why did you lie to me?"

"Because I was humiliated."

So Jaxx was right.

"And I thought as soon as you found out I wasn't some Beverly Hills princess you would drop me."

I shook my head. "I would never."

"But as I became to know you more, I knew you wouldn't. It wasn't until we were at the beach that day, when we were surfing. I was going to telling you but I was scared."

"Hailey.." I started with a whisper.

"Don't." She said, holding up a hand while her bottom lip trembled. "I know we're done. And it's my fault. But I don't need to hear it out loud."

I lifted my thumb to her cheek, wiping away a tear. "It's crazy.."

She looked confused.

I looked into her eyes. "Even when crying, you're still as beautiful as ever."

Hailey let out an exhale, "Elliot."

I grabbed her in an embrace, as her head stuck snug on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled into my shoulder, and with a noticeable pause, "I'm so sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Father!" I called, entering the house and closing the door. I had to talk to him before canceling my plans with Jaxx.

He stepped out from the kitchen with his phone in his hand.

He barely looked up and asked with a bored tone, "Yes, Elliot?"

"I need to talk to you."

"What is it."

I stepped closer. "I need you to stop the project in down town L.A. It's destroying lives, and it's selfish."

He was quiet for a moment, his face serious as he studied me. It was awhile before he parted his lips, "Oh, Elliot. No need to worry."

He clapped his hand on my shoulder, looking me straight in the eye. "I've already put a halt on that."

I exhaled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404 15 17
Emma has always liked Travis but things just never seemed to work in her favour. Maybe now she's 18 and Travis is finally single, life might change...
83 11 8
"You also think you know my 'type', do you?" I raised my fingers above my head gesturing for quotation marks. "Well then, let's hear it. What's my ty...
181 16 5
[boyxboy] The boys. The girls. They all like Elliot Wheeler. But what about him makes this so? Well, according to his sister, Ash, it's his eyes--an...
67 0 43
Not your typical boy meets girl, they fall in love, and have their happily ever after love story.... or is it?