My Bosses' Secret

By craziilnlove

Cassie 24, a young full of life young woman has a job at a restaurant in the city. Her boss is a crazy loud... More

The Beginning
Persistent
Getting to know you
Road Trip
Gifts
Welcome to Toronto
Seeing the real James
Ryan
Drunk Cassie
Truth hurts
Finally!!.
Author's Note
Here we go again
Im not...
Damn you, Ryan
What to do?.
Judgment Day
Choices
Authors note
Not today
Suggested Therapy
Recovery?
Guess who?.
Danger
Away from Home
Repeat Cycle
Rescue or Nah?.
So close
Rescued
Truth
Baby shower troubles
Visitation
Suspisicion
Far away
Unlikely Visitor
Busted
This would happen
Smh
Special Delivery?. Maybe
Part 2
Last but not least
Attention
Ending part 1
Finito

Christmas Party

10.3K 332 8
By craziilnlove

That Monday James dropped me off a block away from the restaurant. Last thing we needed was people talking about they saw us together.

Walking into the place I saw everyone looking at me. Talk about awkward, I gave a small smile and went into the back to put my things away.

That's when I bumped into my coworker who was organizing her locker.

"Hey Cassie!" As she hugged me. Why did she hug me?.

"Oh hey Danita" trying to sound caring.

"Oh that's a pretty bracelet!. Where'd you get it from?".

"Oh this thing, just someone my mom knows gave it to me" as I nervously started playing with it.

"Wow it's pretty, it looks expensive too".

"I don't know... But how's life going for you?". Trying to change the topic of conversation.

"You know the same stuff... Nothing doesn't change for me" as she smiled. She was always so happy even when things were really bad for her.

"Well as long as you're okay then that's all that matters" as I locked my locker and went back into the front.

Looking at my bracelet I didn't even see where I was walking and bumped right into James.

"Pay attention where your walking, Cassie".

"Sorry, my bracelet caught my attention" as I smiled.

"Well maybe you should take it off and only wear it when you're not here".

"No, I like showing it off... But thanks for the suggestion" as I walked away. That's when I felt a small pinch on my butt. I turned around to see him smirking as he continued walking.

I was late to work as I am usually. Stupid train wants to be stuff in traffic. I also stopped at Starbucks to get myself coffee since I'm not even awake mentally.

Walking into work I clocked in and that's when James stepped out his office signaling me to come inside. I knew I was going to hear a lecture on how to manage my time.

"Why were you late?. Yet again".

"Train traffic I'm not the conductor".

"But you still manage to get coffee so without that you would've been what 5 mins late".

"I guess". I really wasn't in the mood to hear what he had to say. I guess my face must've said it.

"Why the attitude?".

"I don't know but can I go back to work".

"I'm having a Christmas party at my house next week. And I wanted to invite you to come by".

"I don't think that's a good idea. Only because your wife will be there and it'll be awkward. Plus this is the annual Christmas party that I've heard so much of".

"Listen just come for the fun of it. I don't invite employees so feel special".

"But your also not messing around with any other employee but me so feel special".

"Go to work!".

I smiled and tapped my shoulder as that was a good come back. And I didn't even drink my coffee yet.

The party came quickly, I didn't even know what to wear. I looked through my closet and noticed a navy blue strapless short bubble dress just hanging there. I pulled it off the hanger and put it on. I did my hair with sweep bangs and putting some of my hair clipped back and leaving the ends in very loose curls. Topping it off with this gold necklace. I hope I'm not over dressed.

As I approached his big house I took a deep breath. This night is going to get awkward I feel it already. I ran the doorbell and James answered the door. He just stood there and stared.

"What?".

"You look amazing!. I don't think I'll want you to mingle at this party looking pretty as you are".

"James, let me in its cold out here". He moved out of my way and as I walked inside true decorations were so pretty. Who knew someone like him would be so into Christmas.

"Honey, who's at the door?" As his wife asked walking slowly over to us.

"Oh this is Cassie she works with me".

"Hello Cassie nice to meet you!. My husband tends to never let me do anything".

"Hi" as I awkwardly stand there.

"Babe why don't you go and see if anyone needs anything, while I discuss business with Cassie".

"See what I mean" as she walked away.

"Why are you so rude to her?".

"Some things aren't your business, Cassie".

"Whatever, I'm going to get something to drink" as I walk away and disappear within the crowd.

The ratio to women to men are very slim. And half of these men were already wasted. I accidentally bumped into someone causing them to spill their drink on my dress.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry".

"Great now my dress is ruined" as I grabbed a tissue trying to dry it out.

"Here let me" as he wet the tissue with club soda and started wetting it up again. "I'm sorry I didn't see you".

"I'm short it's not your fault" as I laughed.

"True you are short but it's my fault I should be more aware to whom I'm walking into" as he looked up at me. "What's a pretty girl like yourself doing here?".

"James is my boss he invited me here tonight".

"Really?!. He never invites his workers to any of his parties".

"I guess I'm the lucky one" as I smiled at him. "How do you know James?".

"He's my older brother".

"I've should've known you resemble him".

"I get that a lot" as he laughed.

Before I could continue the conversation I seen James come through the door and he looked angry.

"What the fuck is going on in here?".

"I spilled my drink on her and trying to help her clean it up".

"Watch out for this slick fox, Cassie he knows how to get woman to fall for him".

"Interesting but I'm good, and my dress is ruined".

"Come with me and I'll try and wash your dress and you can wear something of mine until it's cleaned".

"I'm at a party and I'm going to be in a boxers and a tee most of the night. If that's not attractive then I don't know what is".

"You'll look hot don't worry".

"You shouldn't say that too loud or your wife might hear you".

After changing into his clothing as he put my dress to wash. I sat on the chair in his room and wasn't feeling this party anymore.

"What's wrong?".

"I look stupid and I want to go home" as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Just relax before you know it your dress will be cleaned".

"I need a vacation!" As I rolled my eyes.

"Good thing you said that I have a meeting back in my home down of Toronto and I wanted you to accompany me there".

"Excuse me?".

"You heard me, you said you needed a vacation and I'm going to Canada so come along".

"How long are we going to be there for?".

"Well two weeks cause I'm going to visit some old friends and family".

"Okay fine I'll go".

"Good so start packing tonight we leave Monday morning".

"So soon?".

"Yeah soon the holidays are right here".

"Okay" as I smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 9 4
Alicia Coleman, a mentally ill woman with a past life so messed up, falls in love with her married boss after a drunk one night stand in Vegas.
134 1 19
Andrea, is a young beautiful woman with economical problems. Not only that, she is having an affair with a married man. Soon, the truth will start co...
332K 6.6K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
43.1K 1K 31
"she doesn't have to know." he told me. i was conflicted. confused. but wanted him so badly. her friend was married. she was single. she liked it tha...