Lover Dearest [3]

By writerbug44

The third book in the Celebrity Status series! This story follows Libby, Holly, and all of their friends to... More

Let's Do This!
1.) Fresh Starts
2.) Big News
3.) Midnight Snacks
4.) Long Flights
5.) Australian Mansions
6.) Pushy Friends
7.) Ex-Boyfriends
8.) Mutual Avoiding
9.) Personal Space
11.) Luxurious Pools
12.) Beach Parties
13.) Morning Drama
13.5.) Morning Drama- Through Jackson's Eyes
14.) Freaking Out
15.) Forming Secrets
16.) Venting
17.) Awkward Awkwardness
18.) Teenage Crisis
19.) Frustration
20.) Fancy Tears
21.) Home Alone
22.) Parental Drama
23.) Realizations
24.) Third Tries
24.5.) Third Tries- Through Holly's Eyes
25.) First Dates
26.) Movie Nights
27.) Truces
28.) Weddings
29.) Final Epilogues
Final Goodbyes.
One shot- istoleurcrayon
One shot- CharlieDeVonne

10.) Hot Neighbors

80K 2.6K 247
By writerbug44

You know what sucks about being the only single girl on a vacation?

You’re the only girl without a boyfriend to spend time with.

So while Holly, Andy, and Elle were all somewhere in the mansion-castle with their boy toys, and Jackson, Ryder, Brendon, and Jarrod were out doing some guy stuff that I was uninterested in, I was alone. Speaking of Ryder, I haven’t seen him since yesterday and I still need to apologize for yelling at him like I did. I need to do that when they get back home.

Instead of staying in bed and cuddling my lovely comforter like I wanted to, I decided to be a little productive and I got dressed in a hot pink bandeau top, which is like a strapless sports bra and gray dance sweatpants that cut off right below my knee and spelled “dance” down the side of the left thigh. I took my Pumas with me, just in case I wanted to go for a run later, and then threw my hair into a messy pony tail before hurrying through the house to towards the beach.

I have yet to check out the pool that I hear is amazing. I was almost tempted to go check it out then, but decided that I could do it later. Spoken like a true procrastinator.

Once I got outside, I stuffed my ear buds into my ears and hooked my iPod Nano onto the band of my pants. I really don’t think there’s a reason for having an iPod Nano when I have an iPhone, but one of my dance friends got it for me for my birthday senior year and I couldn’t give it away because I felt bad and I realized that it helps with dance, because it’s smaller and easier to hook onto my top. Plus, if it gets water logged, it won’t be all that bad.

I started playing He is We while I stretched out and ran back and forth down the beach in my bare feet for a small while and did some basic flips just to get used to the feel of dancing in the sand. I hadn’t danced for a good three weeks, so I had to start off easy so I didn’t like break my face or anything because that’d put a damper on this vacation.

When I was ready for an actual song to dance to, I switched the song to Here Comes Goodbye by Rascal Flatts, which was a slow song that we’d learned at the beginning of freshman year of college. It was a fairly easy sequence, so it was a good something to start with.

I spun around in the sand with ease, and the splits, the spins, the flips, and all those fancy dance moves that I’d learned over the years of being a dancer. When the song was over, I stopped in the final pose. I was personally impressed with how well I performed the sequence, considering I hadn’t done the dance for almost two years.

The next song I decided to do was All Day by Cody Simpson, which was a faster pace and we didn’t study it in school, I’d choreographed it myself, I just never showed it to anybody because I’m no good and choreography, I just think it’s fun sometimes.

After that dance, I was rather tired, so I took out my ear buds and paused the music as I turned to the ocean and listened to the calming lap of the waves on the surface.

“That was cool.” An accented voice made me nearly jump out of my sweaty skin as I turned around quickly to face a familiar Australian boy. He was one of the boys who lived next door, but I couldn’t remember his name.

Before I answered him, I looked around the beach, there were a few other people farther down the beach, but nobody that he could have been talking to other than me. “Um, thanks.” I muttered.

“You’re Libby, right?” He asked, walking closer to me. He was shirtless, like the first time we’d met, only this time, he wasn’t with his brothers or Taylor. We were alone.

“Um, yeah.” I spoke. “I’m Libby.” Yeah, Lib. Real smooth.

“Damon.” He reminded me, sitting down in the sand and facing the ocean.

I decided to follow suit and I sat beside him, looking out towards the ocean. “I knew that.” I told him.

He turned and looked at me with an ‘I know you’re lying’ smirk. “I’m sure you did.”

“I did.” I lied.

He rolled his eyes and I knew that there was no making him believe me, so I just gave up. At least I tried. “So you’re a dancer I take it?”

I nodded. “I am.”

“You’re good. I mean, I’m no dance expert, but you looked good.” He commented.

I blushed at the compliment. “Thanks.”

“How long have you been doing it?”

“Since elementary school.” I told him. “Twelve years, I think.”

“That’s a long time.” Damon said.

“I suppose.” I shrugged, laying in the sand and looking up at the sky. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Shoot.”

“You can’t laugh.” I told him. “Because it’s a serious question.”

“Okay, I’ll try not to laugh then.”

“Have you ever gotten attacked by a kangaroo?”

Of course, he laughed.

“Liar!” I snapped, lightly hitting the near-stranger on his bare bicep.

“I said I’d try not to laugh, I didn’t say that I wouldn’t.” He defended. “But why on earth would you think that I’ve been attacked by a kangaroo?”

“Because those things are vicious.” I told him. “Their tails are meant to kill.”

“Well, no, I’ve never gotten attacked by a kangaroo.” He assured me. “And their tails aren’t meant to kill, their tails help them jump.”

“That’s what they want you to think.” I whispered, causing Damon to laugh all over again. Wow, I must be hilarious today.

“So where are your friends?” He asked curiously.

I let out a soft sigh. “They decided to ditch me for their boyfriends.” I explained. “So I’m having a ‘me’ day.”

“Oh, yeah you’re friend, Holly I think is her name, made it pretty clear that you’re desperate.” He said with a small chuckle.

“I am not desperate!” I nearly snapped at the poor boy. “She just thinks that I am. I broke up with my boyfriend maybe three weeks ago. Well, he broke up with me, but I was okay with it. I think it takes at least two months before a girl can start feeling desperate.”

“Okay.” Damon surrendered. “Sounds complicated.”

“Yeah, welcome to my life.” I grumbled.

“Well, I suppose living around three of the most famous teenagers in the world is bound to have complications.”

“Those three don’t even have anything to do with my complications.” I told him matter-of-factly. “I mean, Jackson does kind of, but not really.”

“Sounds exciting.” Damon sighed. “A lot more interesting than here.”

“I think people getting attacked by kangaroos seems like it would be pretty exciting.” I told him.

“Nobody gets attacked by kangaroos.” He laughed.

“Well then there you go, that’s your problem.” I told him.

“So I should just turn some kangaroos evil and teach them how to kill with their tails and I’ll have more excitement?” He asked incredulously.

“You don’t have to teach them how to kill with their tails.” I said, rolling my eyes. “They already know how. Or you could just find those snakaspideroos.” I chirped.

“Yeah, too bad they don’t exist.” Damon chuckled.

“I figured that much, genius.” I rolled my eyes. “You can like breed them. But when you do, make sure it’s after this summer because I wasn’t nothing to do with those stupid snakaspideroos. But if you get a Nobel Prize for it, I expect half of that money.”

“I don’t think I’m willing to go that far just for some entertainment while I’m home for the summer.” He laughed. “But I’ll remember that.”

“Okay then.” I sighed. “Suit yourself.”

“Libby!” I heard a distant voice call my name, probably from the mansion-castle.

I let out a soft groan before I sat up and turned around to see Jackson standing on the beach right outside the door of the house. “What?” I called back loudly.

“We brought food!” He yelled to me.

I gave him a thumbs up and he turned back to go into the house again.

I stood to my feet, realizing how hungry I was with the mention of food. “I guess I’ll go eat. I’ll see you around, Damon.” I chirped.

“Yeah, I’ll see you around.” He repeated, giving me a lazy wave as I hurried away from him, but when I remembered something that I decided should tell him, I stopped and ran back to where he was still sitting in the sand. “Hey, have you ever seen our pool?”

“No, why?” Damon asked slowly.

“Well neither have I, but I heard that it’s really cool. So tomorrow, you can come over and we can go swimming or something.” I suggested. “Unless Holly paid you to come and talk to me today and you think I’m a total freak. Then you don’t have to come.”

He laughed at that. “First, I’m not being paid to talk to you, and second, I can come over tomorrow.” He confirmed.

“Great.” I chirped. “I’ll see you at like two?”

“Two sounds good.” He smiled.

“Okay, so bye. For real this time.” I told him before grabbing my shoes out of the sand and jogging back up the beach towards the house. Once I got inside, Ryder, Jackson, and the twins were in the kitchen with five pizza boxes on the kitchen table.

“So you were getting cozy with one of the neighbor boys?” Jackson smirked at me, handing me a plate for pizza as the boys dug into one of the boxes.

“We were just talking.” I rolled my eyes at his pervy minded ways.

“Right.” He winked at me before waggling his eyebrows suggestively. “Talking.”

“Ew, don’t ever do that again.” I mumbled, filling my plate with simple cheese pizza. “And yes, just talking with no suggestive eye wiggling. He’s coming over tomorrow to go swimming.”

“That’s… cute.” Ryder smirked at me as well as we all sat around the table with our pizza. I assumed that the lovebirds would just eat later or they already ate, but I wasn’t trying to save any for them. “You have a crush on the Australian boy.”

Was I the only one who found this a horrible topic of conversation with my ex-boyfriend sitting across the table listening to everything? Yeah, we were fine with a breakup, but it was still weird. “No, I do not!” I snapped. “I haven’t seen the pool yet and I assume the lovebirds will be doing the same thing tomorrow, so I’ll need somebody to go with.”

“I’m sure Jackson wouldn’t mind going with you, he-.” Ryder said, his smirk growing with mischief.

“Don’t even finish that sentence.” Jackson snapped when Ryder opened his mouth to continue speaking. They still weren’t over that thing in the game room?

“Hey, do you know what we’re doing for Tommy’s birthday?” Jarrod asked randomly.

I nodded, relieved to be off of the topic of me going to the pool with Damon. I mean, just because he’s extremely attractive and nice to look at and is a nice person to talk to as well, does not mean that I’m forming a crush, it means that I have a relatively attractive friend who just so happens to have an extremely sexy accent. “I do. Andy told us the first day we were out on the beach tanning. I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell anybody, though.”

“Well, tell us because we should know, too.”

“Ask Andy.” I shrugged. I definitely didn’t want Andy on my back for spilling the plans for Tommy’s birthday.

“You can’t get off of this subject, Lib.” Jackson told me. “We’re not done teasing you about your date.”

“Date?” I asked with raised eyebrows. “It’s not a date.”

This was not a date. Two friends can hang out with each other. In fact, I don’t even know if me and Damon were friends, we’ve only spoken three times and we’ve only held a conversation once and that was just twenty minutes ago. Yeah, I wouldn’t say we were friends yet, and going to the pool together isn’t remotely close to a date… right?

_______________________________________________

The song doesn't fit too well, but it kinda does. And besides, you can never have too much Call Me Maybe in your diet ;)

Thank you so much for reading and voting and I love you all! You're so pretty (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753K 24.2K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
3.5M 97.2K 41
There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran into it; literally. He liked to hide in...
269K 16.8K 43
[FREE STORY WITH EXCLUSIVE CHAPTERS] When George Shaw tries to find a plan for the last fifteen days to spend with his best friend, who he's had a cr...
249K 8.2K 39
"And it was all because of.." he pauses, giving me a soft smile, "Meeting you." *** Nicole Gold. The popular sweet heart. Popularity has always been...