Land of the Ashen: A Dark Fai...

By Paintedlotus

Magnolia is at war, all the people are starving and live in tiny, cold huts. Many are dying. Only the rich ar... More

Fairy Tail
The Dragon Boy
The Five Rules
Base Camp
Into the Field
Test of Strenght
Pain of Parnters
Their Just Numbers
First Fight
Rain to Fire, Keys to Speed
Blade of Sound
Hesitance
Anger of a Dragon
Bandage of Thanks
Under Time
Battle of the Twins
Jonah and Rachel
Battle of Challenges
Dragon Vs. Dragon
Severed Strings
Recovering Sorrows
Two Days
Bright Cold
Feelings Unseen
Raiders
A New Friend
Reunion of the Fated
Voices of Silence
Quiet Rebellion
The Decision
Slaughter
Dead or Alive
The Wanted Souls
Gathering of the Guilds
Worriors of Another Life
The Vermillion War

Fire of Saddness

1.1K 78 26
By Paintedlotus

Dont kill me!! I was a summer camp in Idyllwild for the last week and didnt have my iPad to update on! Now I am in LA on a family vacation, so I wont update after this for a while. So dont hate me!!

I dedicate this chapter to Berserkie!

This book is far from being over!
******************************

After they had found a near by fountain they washed themselves and their clothes. Lucy made sure Natsu didn't take a peek at her while she was naked. But now they were back in the small rickety town, blending somewhat in. They needed to find a place to stay and food, maybe a local would be kind enough to take them in for the night.

"Lucy...I'm tired..." Happy grumbled.

"I know, we all are." She sighed, as they walked the streets. Receiving many a leery glance as they went.

"Cant we at least get something to eat?" Natsu begged.

"But we dont have any money."

"Please!" Both Natsu and Happy dropped to the ground in exhaustion, probably acting, just to get their way. But she had to admit it, Lucy was hungry too.

"Alright." Though she had no idea how they were going to get any.

"Yay!!" With their new found energy they ran around trying to seek out a source of food and to their luck they found a small building. It looked like an old bar-like saloon, somewhat of what one would find in the old west.

Fortunetally no one starred at them as Natsu and Happy barged into the small building, Lucy trailed them shyly. They sat at the counter, that stood directly across from the front door.

"Hey give me everything you got!" Natsu hands in the air smiling like a fool.

Lucy gapped at him in shock, how on earth was she going to pay for all of this?!
"Natsu, we dont have that kind of money."

The lady at the counter eyed them with suspicion, then she noticed their Fairy Tail symbols. She gasped and her face turned softer.

"You are from there...aren't you?" She asked quietly.

"Huh?" All three of them questioned.

"A guild, you are from a guild."

Lucy held her breath, they were already found out!

"No, not anymore. That place is no place to keep humans, its vile and terrible. We are no longer part of that stupid excuse for a guild." Natsu squeezed his fists together.

"Come with me." The lady pulled up a section of the bar, serving as a door and lead them to the back. She sat them at a small table and started rummaging through her cupboards. "You came to the right place, if any other town had found you they would have turned you in. This whole place has sworn to help any rouge mages."

Lucy felt as though she was about to cry, she had no idea there such wonderful places as this. Outside of their battling world, there were people that cared for them, people that could help!

"My name is Porlyusica, you are welcome here." She set a tray of bread and fruit on the table.

Lucy's eyes widened, her stomach ached, mouth salivated. Her entire body yearning for the food placed in front of her. Before she could think about manners or how she looked, Lucy grabbed at the food and stuffed it into her mouth.

"You must be hungry and tired, please rest here for as long as you like."

"Really?!" Happy asked, shocked.

Porlyusica nodded.

Natsu and Lucy looked at each other, but their heads fell. They both knew what the other was thinking.

"We cant stay." Lucy stated.

"Why not?!"

Lucy continued. "If you are found here, the council will kill you like they did our guild. We thank you for your great kindness, but we cant put you in that kind of danger."

Porlyusica realized they were right and set the next tray of drinks down in sorrow.
"Well, please stay as long as you like."

Natsu's head snapped up and looked to the window, his face full of shock and horror. He immediately stood from his chair, knocking it over in the process.

"Natsu, whats wrong?!" Happy ordered.

"Natsu?" Lucy put a hand in his shoulder.

He looked into her eyes, they were filled with terror.
"They are here."

Those three simple words, stopped Lucy's heart. Sending Lucy to fallback into her seat. They had already found them?! There was no way they could be that fast.

This time, Lucy heard it. A faint blast in the distance, the exact same explosions from their escape last time. The very same combustions the council used to blow up their guild. Now they were here, coming closer.

"We have to get out of here!" Natsu grabbed Lucy's arm.

"But what about the rest of the village?!"

Natsu stopped, he had forgotten about them. What would happen to them? They couldn't let them die, not for helping them.

"We have to get them out of here, all of them."

"Theres not enough time!" Happy argued.

"Gaahhhh!" Natsu pulled at his hair.

"We have to at least try." Lucy ran out of the saloon, but it was too late. Just as she exited a huge explosion ripped up the entire street in front of her, throwing her backwards.

"Lucy!!" She heard her name, but ignored it.

Lucy sat up from the rubble and ran, not really knowing where she was going, she just ran to warn the villagers. They were all out of their houses screaming and taking their families somewhere safe. Streets filled with cries and scrambling citizens. Fire broke on loose the buildings, sending more people out of their homes. Bombs repetitively struck the ground everywhere, sending girt and derby everywhere. Smoke and ash filled the air, coving the sky with a thick layer of soot, turning day into night.

"Get to the woods!!" Lucy yelled at the top of her lungs, trying to get everyone to safety.

She saw Natsu sucking up the flames from the village behind her, trying to salvage as much of it as he could. But he was slowing down, and dropped to his knees coughing.

"Natsu!!" Lucy yelled and ran to him.

"These flames are...disgusting!" He chocked.

"Just keep going." She rolled her eyes. "Happy, pick me up!"

Happy obeyed, swopped down and flew her high into the sky. She pulled out her Aquarius key, but before she did anything she flinched. Just thinking about what she would do to her after would be torture...but she had to do it.

Lucy spat on the key, giving it the water it needed to summon and chanted.
"I summon thee, Aquarius!"

In a small flash of light there appeared a mermaid, her blue tail flowing behind her. A large jug in hand and an enraged face as she saw her situation. 

"What do you think you are doing, summoning me like this?!" She demanded, furious.

"I'm sorry! Please, save the village!" Lucy begged.

Aquarius just turned her back and did as she said, blasting water down onto the city below. But she didn't leave without giving Lucy a good slap to the face. Knowing sue deserved it Happy flew back down to inspect what was left of the town.

Natsu was laying flat on his back, exhausted, breathing heavily. But what really caught her attention was a small girl, she was sitting in the middle of the road. Her eyes filled with tears while crying out to her parents, who were obviously gone or dead.

Lucy slowly approached the girl, careful not to scare her.
"Hey, its alright. Its all over now."

The girl turned to look at Lucy, brown eyes that blended in against her dirty face. Dark hair tied back into a small braid and a cowboy hat placed atop her head.

"Its not over, it never will be!" The girl raised a small pop gun to Lucy. "This is all your fault. Your fault that Mamma and Papa are dead!"

This stopped Lucy, she was to blame. It really was her fault that all these people were dead.

The girl ran away into the woods, leaving Lucy alone. Alone to her thoughts, to think about how she had killed everyone and made hundreds of people loose their houses. But then she realized, it wasn't her. It was the council, they were the ones who actually caused the destruction. They were to blame and they needed to be stopped.

The council needed to be put to an end!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383 1 16
Fairy Tail finally beat Alvarez and won the war and now focus on rebuilding Magnolia. Now as they attempt to rebuild thier country as well a mysterio...
94K 3.3K 12
In the Kingdom of Magnolia a cruel king rules the land leaving the citizens to suffer. But deep the woods a rebellion is growing. Will they have what...
263K 6.2K 37
Lucy Heartfillia, a proud wizard of the Fairytail Guild, overhears her best friend and crush, Natsu Dragneel saying, "Lucy? I don't like her, she's p...
267K 9.5K 30
Lucy Heartfillia is a young and beautiful girl. She is an elite general of the capital army of Magnolia. She has a caring father, friends, and is ve...