Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

By cogdill

Katniss and Peeta Mellark are currently living a rough life, but in all reality it's not all that bad and wil... More

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Nintey-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Nintey-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Sequel Info.

Chapter Sixty-Four

1.7K 121 45
By cogdill

Katniss POV- (Friday)

"Katniss Mellark." A nurse calls me in.

Peeta helps me up and we walk to the back.

"Just sit down and we will be right with you."

I sit down and Peeta stands next to me.

"Why are you nervous?" I ask him.

"You're getting all sorts of tests done today."

I shrug, "So?"

"What if you have that gestational diabetes or something?"

"Peeta, I'm fine. It's all routine."

He sighs, not saying anything.

The nurse comes in again.

"Hello." She smiles, wrapping a blood pressure cuff around my arm, turning the machine on until it squeezes my arm completely.

"You're 6 months?"

I nod my head.

"Good. We are gonna listen to your heartbeat." She says, putting a stethoscope on my chest and back, listening attentively.

"Now since your over 18 weeks, we are gonna try this on your belly and see if we can hear anything." The lady says, lifting my t-shirt up.

She carefully puts the cold stethoscope onto my belly and listens.

"Sounds great. Your blood pressure is good too." She says, releasing my arm from the cuff.

Quickly, she takes my temperature and weight too.

"Dr. Coles will be right with you." The nurse smiles and exits the room.

I look at Peeta when she leaves.

He always gets really quiet during these doctors visits, I guess he's just worried.

"You okay?"

He nods, "Just worried about you."

"Why?" I laugh.

"I just am, I always am."

I reach out for his hand, "I'm fine and Willow is perfectly fine." I assure him.

He takes my hand and I give it a reassuring squeeze as Doctor Coles walks in, smiling happily.

"Mellarks." She smiles.

I look up and smile.

"Katniss, you look remarkably better than you did. Do you feel better?"

I nod, "I've gotten use to her constant moving and kicking, I'm still tired." I say.

"No stress?" She asks, looking at Peeta and I.

"No." I lie.

'Actually there was a two week period that I cried myself to sleep every night, but no. No stress.' I am tempted to say but didn't for Peeta's sake.

"Good. Your blood pressure, weight, and everything else look good. If you guys want a sonogram we can take another today, maybe while we are waiting on your tests results." She says.

I sigh and nod my head.

"Well do glucose first. Let me go get the solution and I'll be back. You didn't eat before you came, did you?"

"No, I remembered." I say.

"Good. What flavor? There's grape, cherry, lemon, cola?"

I shrug, "Cherry?" I say, not really knowing what I would like.

"Okay, I'll be back." She says, exiting the room.

I look at Peeta and he looks at me, I give him an overly cheesy grin. 

"Your idea, your dream, your fault." I tease him.

He allows himself to smile, "I know."

"But I couldn't be happier." I tell him.

"Neither could I." I say and Dr. Coles re-enters.

"Gulp all this down in the next five minutes, it's really sweet but gulp it down. You'll have to wait an hour until I can take your blood. If you want get comfortable on the table and we will do a sono." She tells me, shoving a cup of liquid in my hand.

I take a look at it and Peeta helps me to the table, I sit down and hear the paper crunch underneath me.

"You have five minutes to have it gone." Dr. Coles says.

I nod and start drinking the sugary stuff.

It's extremely sweet and syrupy but I down it all in few minutes.

"Okay, if you feel sick or anything, let us know. If you puke it up you'll have to come back another day and take it."

I nod my head.

It's sickening sweet but I really don't want to have to choke it down again.

"We will get you guys set up to see the baby and we are going to do another gender check. I know we already confirmed before but I want to do another."

My heart sinks.

"You've never been wrong, have you?" I ask immediately.

"Oh, no. I'm just doing it as precautionary."

"Because we already have almost everything for a girl. The nursery is finished." I say, hoping the gender doesn't just change.

For some reason, I feel like I would be devastated. Not that having a boy would be bad but I would feel like I lost a daughter in a sense.

"If I said a girl in the beginning, I'll see a girl again."

I look at Peeta who looks worried.

I know we don't care what the baby is but we've had Willow, our daughter the last 3 months and for that to be taken would break both of our hearts. Again, it's not that we wouldn't be happy with a boy but if she told us a girl it should've been right.

"Probably?" Peeta asks.

"Yes. Again, I've never been wrong and-"

"Please just do the stupid thing." I snap.

I'm kind of at a stand still about my feelings toward Dr. Coles.

Then, I feel like I need to defend my feelings to her.

"It's not that I wouldn't be happy having a boy because I would be just as happy but she told us a girl." I say.

"It'll be okay." Peeta says but I know he would be absolutely devastated if she says she was wrong and I will too.

I know we would both have the same feeling if she said it was a boy and changed it to a girl because Peeta and I already named her, we have an image of her and her personality.

For Willow to be 'ripped' away from us would be devastating, again we wouldn't care as long as they're healthy but still.

"I'm sorry if she changes it." I mumble to him.

He shrugs his shoulders and Dr. Coles comes into the room with the machine.

"Okay, slowly scoot back onto the table, lift your shirt up and Peeta put the gel on. Just like last time." She says.

Peeta takes my hands and helps me scoot back into the bed. When I get settled, I lift up my shirt, revealing my baby belly which is huge. He smiles a little as he squirts the cool gel on my tummy and takes my hand.

"Okay, let's confirm."

I nod my head and squeeze Peeta's hand tightly, reassuringly as she spreads the light blue gel across my protruding belly and an image comes on the screen.

"See if she will cooperate today. You can see her moving around in there." She points out.

I hate that she's still saying 'she' being the she's not even 100% sure like she promised she was.

As soon as I see her, I start to bawl.

She's so much bigger and more formed than the first time we saw her.

I am not really sure I should say 'she' maybe I'm back to 'it' for the next few minutes.

"Let's get down here." Dr. Coles says,moving the probe down my abdomen.

She looks attentively for a few minutes before saying anything and I swear all that stupid syrup is about to make an appearance.

"Oh, great." She says, taking a snapshot of the screen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 161 60
Katniss is a rebel at her old schools but she got kicked out so she has to go to Panem high school where she meets her long lost best friend Finnick...
204K 9.4K 101
Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live life with a child in their hands. They've...
28.2K 406 36
This is a story about Everlark. Here is my own interpretation of how Peeta and Katniss realistically rekindle after Mockingjay Part 2, but with a twi...
30.8K 1.1K 28
Peeta Mellark- Was an Alpha at only twelve years old. Has a little sister Primrose. She's all he has less of a family and the only thing he cares abo...