latch :: calum hood (rewritin...

By PLVTONIC

"whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ©PLVTONIC More

intro.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv - flashback
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvii - flashback
xxviii.
xxiv.
authors note :/
i came to a conclusion
calm + im back

xxvi.

3.6K 170 24
By PLVTONIC

Four days have passed since the hospital fiasco and the five of us have never been more torn apart than ever. Luke and Michael have decided to remain neutral, not wanting to chose sides, making it clearly evident that they did not want to get involved at all. It was understandable, but it was nice to know for the first time it wasn't just problems going on with Calum and I, but also Calum and Ashton.

"You're gonna have to talk to him." Michael said, staring down at his graduation ring that we had just received. We would be graduating in a few weeks and it seems so surreal how fast our senior year has passed and the things we have all went through.

"I'll talk to him when the swelling of bump in the back of my head goes down." I scoffed, throwing one of Michael's pillows up in the air. I haven't talked to Calum since he had pushed me in the hospital, and despite his several phone calls and trips to my house, I have yet to forgive him.

"Alright, I understand that, although you hit him too and domestic violence goes both ways. But we are graduating soon and what if we all go our separate ways?" Michael looked at me, raising his eyebrows. I know he was hinting on the secret that I have been hiding for the past month, that only he knew about.

"The four of you guys are practically joined by the hip." I told him. "Besides, you guys got another shot at the whole music thing and I know you guys will not turn that down."

"But it's not the same without you." Michael whined, jumping onto the bed besides me. "You're going to be on the other side of the world, studying at some nice American college, getting cool, new, nice American friends."

I pouted my lips, hitting Michael roughly with the pillow. "I'm going to be in California, I could always come visit."

"It's not the same without you Scar." Michael repeated softly, toying with his ring. He had gotten emerald as his stone because he felt like it really brought out his eyes and it did. I played around his hair, not wanting to say much, but acknowledging the fact that we would be graduating soon and I was going to miss him greatly.

"UCLA is a great college, I didn't even know I would get accepted, let alone get an early acceptance." I groaned, realizing the different schooling systems we have and leaving early means missing the last few weeks of high school with the four most important people in my life. "I'll have to take tons of exams to solidify graduating, but comes September, I'm going to be a freshmen at UCLA."

Michael turned to me, his eyes becoming immensely sad. "I've seen you practically every day for our whole lives and I cannot believe you're leaving me." He sighed heavily.

"And when you guys become huge rock stars and go on tour, you're not gonna see me all the time. But if you don't visit me when you come to California, I will personally kick all your asses." I playfully teased.

"Even Calum's?" He chuckled.

"Oh, he's gonna be the first one to get it." I laughed back. It was bittersweet but not long lived because Michael eventually exhaled loudly.

"Talk to him, please." He begged. "You're gonna be a whole ocean away and I don't think he'd be able to handle the fact that you're gone if he didn't get some closure."

I nodded in agreement, knowing that although I am reluctant to talk to him, I was going to anyway.

"Alright, enough of the sappy stuff. Put that Green Day album in and we'll play some Pokemon." I offered, having the sense of nostalgia of our old days.

"That sounds more than perfect to me." Michael grins loudly, the first notes of the American Idiot album playing loudly in the background.

---------

I knocked softly on the door of the Hood residence, rubbing my hands together as they were freezing. I hated the cold weather more than anything, and to think I would be soaking in the California sun in a few weeks made me envy cold even more.

"Long time no see." Mali warmly smiled at me, pulling me into the nicely heated house.

"It's hasn't even been a week Mali." I told her, taking off my jacket. "I'm actually here to talk to your brother."

Her eyebrows raised, shocked at my willingness to talk to Calum, even though most of the time others had to force me here.

"He's upstairs in his room." She told me. I didn't budge to go upstairs, because several things can happen behind closed doors. After a few moments of silence, Mali smacked her lips loudly. "I'm guessing you want me to go get him."

"Yeah." I smiled widely back at her, nodding. I started towards the living room, placing the gift I had for Calum next to me. I had it for a months now, but never plucked up the courage to actually give it to him.

"Scar?" He asked causing me to turn my head. I moved the hair out of my face, seeing him sigh happily. He walked over to me, pulling me into tight hug. I hugged him back loosely, not wanting to fall helplessly into his arms.

"I got you something." I cleared my throat, pulling away from him. I went over to grab the gift, reluctantly handing it over to him. "I had it for a while and I felt like now was a great time to finally give it to you." My hands were dug casually in the back pocket of my jeans.

He grinned, looking at the wrapping paper. "Your gift wrapping skills suck." He teased. I weakly laughed back, agreeing with him. He ripped it open, his whole face glowing at the sight of it. He sat down, examining the new features of his bass that I had gotten repaired.

"You loved this bass more than anything and when you threw it, breaking its neck, I thought I would fix it for you." I told him, sitting down next to him at a good enough distance.

"T-this is amazing, seriously." He stammered on his words, shocked. His fingers gently traced over the new strings, along with the stickers I had decorated it with. He turned it over to see a quote that was engraved.

"Our passion is our strength." He read aloud. "Billie Joe Armstrong."

"I know how much you guys like Green Day and I was thinking that when you're on stage, in front of a sold out crowd of screaming teenage girls who know all the lyrics to your songs, you can look down at the quote." I said softly, being completely optimistic of the future for these guys. They were going to go far in life and I cannot wait to see it all unfold in front of them. "Besides, think of it as like a medal for surviving everything we had."

"Honestly, thank you Scar." He thanked me again, still astonished at his bass. "It's beautiful."

"Can't take all the credit, the boys pitched in too. Especially Ashton." My words trailing off a bit. Calum became uneasy, his body tensing as he put his bass down.

"I'm an asshole, I know." He sighed, burying his face in his hands. "I shouldn't have said that to him and I feel terrible."

I rubbed his back, seeing how distraught he was from this. He turned to me, his eyes sulking. He tried his best to smile, but couldn't. He placed his hand on top of my thigh, squeezing it slightly.

"I'm so sorry for what I said. And I know I have been saying that a lot and it's starting to lose value, but Scar-"

I softly pressed my lips into his, cutting him off from his rambling. He already sent enough voicemails and text messages explaining his deep regret for what happened. The kiss wasn't long lived, being short but sweet.

I looked down at my hands, a lump forming at the bottom of my throat.

"I'm leaving." I blurted out, but it was quite.

"Leaving? Like leaving my house? But you just got here." His words clear of confusion.

"No." I shook my head. This was harder than I imagined, having to tell someone I cared deeply about that I was going to be starting a new life millions of miles away. "Like I'm leaving Australia."

His eyes slightly widened, his mouth falling open. He bit on his tongue, fighting any words that he possibly wanted to say. He stammered on sounds, not saying anything for roughly two minutes.

"So you're moving?" He finally asked, not looking at me, but staring blankly at the floor beneath him.

"No, actually I got an early acceptance to UCLA. You know how badly I always wanted to go to Cali." I let out a feeble laugh, trying to lighten up the mood. "And despite almost failing two classes earlier this year, they somehow still liked me."

"That's great Scar." His worlds faint, but delicate. He licked his lips, nodding his head to process everything in. "And when do you leave?"

"A few weeks. In September." I croaked, breathing in sharply. I still had to tell the rest of them, but I knew that this was going to be by far the hardest person to break the news to. He cupped the side of my face with one hand, wiping the tear that had fallen down my face.

"You know, I've spent all this time making mistakes, wasting time on a girl who inexplicably lied to me about having my child, and doing nothing but hurting you." Regret spilled out in his words as he came to the realization of the past few months. "When I should've just done everything I can to love you and make you feel like the luckiest girl in the world."

He hit himself on the forehead, muttering swears to himself. "God, I am so fucking stupid."

"You are." I sniffled, agreeing with him. "But despite all the hell you've put me through, I still managed to fall deeply in love with you."

He left a tender kiss on my hand, continuing to rub it with his thumb.

"I'm still going to come back all the time. To visit and such." I assured him and reassured myself.

"We can go prom together and take overly embarrassing prom pics." He offered, his dimples showing in amusement.

"And have hot slutty prom sex." I mentioned, nudging his side.

"Oh I definitely plan on having plenty of hot slutty sex whenever you come back." His voice became giddy as a five year old child. He pulled me into the side of him, leaning on the back of the couch. I placed my head on his shoulder, my hand loosely laced with his.

"Welcome back sex, graduation sex." I began rambling.

"Morning sex, birthday sex, it just happens to be Tuesday sex." He added playfully. I felt the vibrations of his laughs through his chest, causing my heart to flutter.

And we never necessarily said what that would mean for the two of us. Two teens helplessly in love with each other, despite the constant efforts of hurting one another. One with a dream and one that will be sent thousands of miles away. We never said much and I think because we knew that it was better to just go along from here instead of stamping a label on something which could potentially ruin us. We just wanted to be happy and I guess our souls did all the talking for us.

------------
I HAVE A NEW FANFIC CALLED LIBIDO AND ITS A LUKE ONE AND ITS GONNA HAVE TONS OF SMUT IF YOURE INTO THAT

well this fanfic is almost over, ive been writing it for over a year now. i probably have like 3 more chapters up my sleeve and then an epilogue

im going to miss this aww

thanks for the support you guys

twitter: @plvtonic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 242 29
The title says it all.
117K 5.2K 25
you're just a project. not a lover. copyright 2014 completed.
405K 8.4K 67
says it all in the title... enjoy xx