Recurrence | ๐ฐ๐ฅ๐ฐ

Par lovablelies

๐ฐ๐ฅ๐ฐ โ€ข ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ฑ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ โ€ข ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฑ --- When two ex-best friends are reunited, an obvious attracti... Plus

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.

15.

2.9K 184 100
Par lovablelies

~ a month later ~

"Okay, I have to go bae-" I started to say. "No, you don't. You not getting off this phone until you say it back." Tayleigh quietly, yet firmly spoke over the phone.

"Say what back?" I sighed. "I love you." Tayleigh answered. "For what? You already know that I do." I expressed.

"So? I wanna hear the words come out of your mouth. It's not that hard." Tayleigh stated. "But it makes me cringe a little. Tay stop being difficult, I have to go." I explained.

"Girl I don't give a fuck. Say it back." Tayleigh told me. "Nah, you good." I chuckled.

"What the fuck is funny? You gon make me knock you out bruh. Keep playing." Tayleigh said. I continued laughing, lowkey thinking shit was a joke. "Tay you have a problem. Stop threatening every damn body." I then voiced.

"Then every damn body needs to stop playing with me." Tayleigh responded. "And you need to say I love you back." she continued.

"Or what?" I dared. "Ain't shit you can do about it. You behind bars stink." I chuckled. "That's funny?" Tayleigh questioned. "Nah, it's actually depressing but-" I started to respond.

"But nothing. Keep that same energy when I get out though. Cause I promise you, Ima fuck yo shit up." Tayleigh voiced. I started to laugh a little. "I'm sorry-" I continued laughing.

Tayleigh slightly chuckled to herself.

"Why is everything so damn funny to you today?" she then wondered. "It's not. It's not..." I repeated, getting herself together.

"Mhm. Anyways, your goofy ass ex still been popping up at your job?" Tayleigh questioned. "Uh huh, occasionally. I really don't wanna find a new job cause I've been working there for years and they just gave me a raise." I sighed.

"Then don't. You needa get a restraining order against that bitch. That or Ima get somebody to handle her until I get out." Tayleigh explained. "Uhh, no. Cause then you gon be right back to square one." I stated.

"I don't care. Bitch need to get a life before I take it." Tayleigh said. "Tayleigh! Watch your mouth bruh. These phone calls are recorded, you know?" I scolded.

"I don't care." Tayleigh shrugged.

"Well you need to care." I told her. "Well I don't." Tayleigh continued. "Bye Tayleigh." I said.

"Stooop. Okay, I'm just playing. I care." Tayleigh sighed. "See now you lying." I stated. "I am but baby listen..." Tayleigh sighed again.

"I don't wanna hear it." I said. "Ight now, how the hell this get flipped back on me." Tayleigh questioned. "Cause you always doing something." I responded.

"Rii..." Tayleigh trailed off.

"Tay. Shut up with that shit, I'm bouta hang up now...I want you come lick my pussy." I switched up.

"Don't be saying shit like that while I'm stuck in this bitch." Tayleigh said. I chuckled.

"I'm for real. I miss you...and I miss how you used to fuck my shit up." I sighed, clearly reminiscing. "Ight bruh. I'm bouta hangup." Tayleigh claimed. "Why?" I laughed a bit.

"Cause you talking like that, knowing I'm backed up and can't do shit about it-" Tayleigh started to explain. "I'm backed up too and can't do shit about it either!" I cut her off.

"You'd think getting your own place means free will and freedom to buss it wide open at anytime. But no. At least, not when you have a Lyric around." Destiny explained. "Buss it wide open is crazy." Tayleigh said.

"I'm serious." I voiced. "Yea but, how is Lyric?" Tayleigh wondered.

"She's okay. Some days she's still nonverbal. Other days, she can be talkative. But she sleeps better overall." I explained.

About five minutes later, Tayleigh and I were attempting to say our goodbyes. Yet we ended up talking for a little while longer.

"I really do miss seeing your pretty face princess..." Tayleigh expressed.

My ass definitely started blushing lowkey.

"Okay, I have to go now." I nervously smiled to myself. "I can't stand when you do that shit. Get me all in my feelings and shit, then try to get off of the phone." Tayleigh voiced.

"Causeee, you make me nervous." I admitted.

"Mm, well that's not how you act. Be nice. But yea, I have to go now so I'll talk to you later. I love you." Tayleigh said for the hundredth time.

"Mhm...I...love you too." I quickly rushed out. "Just pitiful." Tayleigh teased. I chuckled some to myself. Tayleigh and I then actually got off the phone.

I finished getting ready to leave my apartment.

About a week after Malik got back from jail, I just had to move out. And as promised, I brought Lyric with me. I had to regardless, Malik's in no shape to care for a child nor himself.

We got into a lot the first week he came back. Over everything, including Tayleigh and I's relationship. He said I was sleeping with the enemy's blood and the possible murderers of Pierre.

Not only that but, I also came home from work once and Lyric was in the kitchen standing on the counter, attempting to find herself something to eat in the cabinets.

And where was Malik? On the couch, high off a percs and God knows what else, nearly ready to pass out.

I understand he's going through a lot, but that's where I drew the line.

Malik's been abusing drugs since and so I moved out and took Lyric with me. Later I enrolled her in a daycare program so I could still work. And I think it's safe to say, my car's on hold for now.

My days were fully packed and never ending nowadays. I was always doing something. And now I was currently on my way to the store, then to pick up Lyric from daycare.

As I was waiting at the bus stop, I received a call from one of Malik's homeboys. EJ.

"Hello?" I answered my phone, confused and slightly alarmed. "Yo Des, Malik is like kinda unresponsive right now." I heard him say, in a slight panic.

"What do you mean kinda unresponsive?" I questioned, standing up from the bench.

"Well, we all know how he been over doing it with the drugs and shit lately. This time, I think he really over did it. He can barely hold his head up, open his eyes or speak. Quinn and I left for a sec and he was like this when we came back." he explained.

I didn't stay on the phone for much longer as I went ahead and caught an uber to the house. When I arrived, the door was already unlocked.

I gestured EJ and Quinn out the way as I walked up to the couch Malik was on. "Yo, Malik. Malik." I clapped in his face a little. Malik's head stayed down as he occasionally nodded off more.

"Malik!" I forcefully lifted his head up. Although I could tell his eyes were slightly open, it looked as if they were closed.

"Bruh, Malik what did you take?" I questioned, carefully letting his head drop back down. Malik's body then fell onto his side on the couch. I watched as he shook a few times, as if he was catching chills.

I sighed to myself while going into the kitchen. I grabbed the biggest bowl I could find and filled it with cold water.

Once I finished, I walked back into the living room and tossed the water on Malik.

"Malik, wake up!" I shouted in fear, grabbing his face as his body began to react to the cold water. Malik finally started to open his eyes slowly.

But they quickly closed again as he began nodding off again. "Malik. I'm bouta call 911 in a second. Wake up bruh." I panicked a little, holding his face up.

I then opened his eyes, using my thumbs.

"What...the...fuck?" I paused as chills ran down my body. Malik's pupils were very small, alarmingly small.

I immediately took my phone out, my hands shaking as I dialed 9-1-1. I tried my best not to cry and keep myself together while speaking to them. About ten minutes passed before anyone arrived.

As much as I wanted to go to the hospital with Malik, I couldn't. I had to pick up Lyric, which I was already a little behind. So EJ went with him.

When I arrived at Lyric's daycare center, I walked into her classroom and saw her sitting at a table alone. She was swinging her feet and playing with her fingers, clearly nervous.

There were a few other children still waiting as well but I guess Lyric wanted to be alone.

"Lyric, I'm sorry I'm late-" I kneeled to her and started to apologize, but before I could finish she pulled me into a tight hug.

"I thought you left me." Lyric mumbled against my shoulder. "No, I would never. I just had to check on my brother and it went a little longer than expected." I explained.

"I love you Destiny." Lyric quietly expressed. "I love you more." I sighed a little, feeling bad for picking her up late.

~ a few days later ~

"And now we have to spread it." I instructed Lyric as we made her sandwich for lunch. "No, I wanna do it!" she whined a little, jumping on the step stool a little.

"Hey, stop jumping because you can fall. And here." I gave her a spoon to finish spreading the mayonnaise on her sandwich. It nearly pained me watching her spread the mayonnaise in the same exact spot.

"Okay, let me help you a little." I tried to take the spoon. "Nooo! I wanna do it by myself." Lyric whined a little. "Stop whining." I told her.

"You're missing spots and we have to leave soon." I stated. Lyric continued making her sandwich. "Get some right there." I pointed out. Lyric followed directions and soon finished up.

"Alright go wash your hands and get your book bag." I told her, putting a few snacks in her lunch bag. "Okay." Lyric ran down the hallway. About two minutes later, she came back with her stuff.

"Okay, ready to go?" I looked at her. Lyric nodded reaching for her lunch bag.

I looked at the little cute outfit I picked out for her and the buns I put her hair in with clips and barrettes.

"Okay and please don't mess up your hair today. When I have to do it over everyday it's time consuming." I explained to Lyric. "What's time consuming?" Lyric wondered.

"We'll talk about it on the bus, we have to go." I chuckled, taking her hand in mine.

After dropping Lyric off, I headed to work. I been explained to my managers my situation and they were pretty understanding for days I clock in a couple minutes late.

"Hey, Des can I talk to you for a second." one of my managers pulled me to the side. "Uh mhm." I nodded, unsure of what was going on. "In the office." he then specified. "Okay..." I followed him to the office.

Please God don't let me get fired. Not now. Please. I immediately started saying all types of prayers, very much afraid.

"I'll make this quick." my manager said, sitting down. Oh lord I'm getting fired.

"I don't really know how to tell you this but...I'm resigning soon. And we're gonna need another manager for day shift. We were all talking and wondering, if you'd be interested in the position?" he explained.

"Me?" I questioned, letting out a breath of air.

"Yea, you're more than qualified. You've been here for years, have perfect attendance and possess the many skills necessary." he explained.

"Understand that being a manager does come with some not so fun shit but, I think you'd be perfect for the job. If you apply, you're getting the job as opposed to anyone else..." he continued.

"Well, I'll have to think about it." I said.

"Pay is $25 an hour, if that helps you make your decision." my manager stated. "Well shidd, I mean..." I responded, making him laugh.

We talked for a few more minutes before I went back to work.

Later, while on my lunch break, I received a phone call from Tayleigh. "What's up baby, I have something to tell you." Tayleigh spoke over the phone. "Me too." I smiled a little.

"Well, mines can wait...kinda. You go first." Tayleigh told me. "No, you go first bae." I told her. The both of us then started going back and forth before saying our news at the same time.

"Wait, you got offered a management position? That's what's up. That's my girl." Tayleigh said, making me feel seen and proud.

"Yea I- wait hold on...did you just say you're getting out?!" I stood up, causing a few others to look at me. "Well, kinda. It's conditional." Tayleigh expressed.

"What do you mean?" I wondered. "I mean, Ima be on house arrest...and I'll have to do community service." Tayleigh explained.

"Oh- well what made them do that?" I asked. "You know how I had that trial the other day? So, they're saying me stabbing that girl a while back was just now ruled as self defense. And I just found out that bitch still alive." she continued.

"But then, they were saying that I still had a weapon and some other shit. It's a long story but the attorney my brother so called hired, provided the judge with some facts." Tayleigh sighed.

"So called?" I questioned.

"Yea, he's probably fucking her. Not saying he isn't paying her well, cause he has the money. But I'm sure she's being dickmatized." Tayleigh said.

"Well, that has nothing to do with you right? So even if they are fucking, you still get to come home." I nodded. "Yea, I guess. House arrest though? Seems kinda sketchy." Tayleigh voiced.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Des, I'm a criminal. This isn't the first time I've been in jail and although I've never been convicted of serious crimes, I still find it sketchy they're letting me off this easy." she explained.

"Oh. Maybe talk to your attorney and see what she thinks?" I suggested. "Yea...I'll try." Tayleigh sighed.

~•~•~•~
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝...

𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐞 <𝟑

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

214K 15.6K 39
โ—ฆโ€ขโ—โ—‰โœฟ While searching for true friendship, she found her true love. However, she was let down by her best friend when she needed her the...
5.7K 35 10
โš ๏ธ โš ๏ธWARNING WARNING WARNINGโš ๏ธโš ๏ธ Adult content Language *DO NOT READ IF YOU EASILY GET OFFENDED* *DO NOT REPORT* Stubborn, Love, Insecure, Feelings...
14.9K 377 34
What happens when a girl has a crush on a guy from her friend group? Will it cause drama? Will it end in heart break? read to find out ๐Ÿ˜‰ โš ๏ธTHIS ST...
6.2K 263 23
๐‡๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐ซ๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ... follow the heartwarming journey of Allisa, a resilient 19-year-old girl, as she...