Only you | Friday Night Dinner

By xxangelica13

Thanks to Val and Jackie's friendship, Violet and Jonny's lives have always been entwined, from growing up to... More

The Sofa-bed // Part One
The Sofa-bed // Part Two
The Jingle // Part One
The Jingle // Part Two
The Curtains // Part One
The Curtains // Part Two
The Dress // Part One
The Dress // Part Two
The Birthday
The Date // Part One
The Date // Part Two
The Loss
The Dinner with Mr Morris // Part One
The Dinner with Mr Morris // Part Two
The Loft // Part One
The Loft // Part Two
The New Car // Part One
The New Car // Part Two
The Yoghurts // Part One
The Yoghurts // Part Two
The Ex-Boyfriend
The Girlfriend // Part One
The Girlfriend // Part Two
The Second-First Date
The Return of Mr Morris // Part Two
The Anniversary // Part One
The Anniversary// Part Two
The Piano // Part One
The Piano // Part Two
The Wedding // Part One
The Wedding // Part Two
The Two Tonys
The Pyjamas // Part One
The Pyjamas // Part Two
The Relationship Reveal
The Carpet Cleaner // Part One
The Carpet Cleaner // Part Two
The Funeral // Part One
The Funeral // Part Two
The Sale // Part One
The Sale // Part Two
The New House
The Hot Tub // Part One

The Return of Mr Morris // Part One

365 8 0
By xxangelica13

It had been around a month since Jonny and Violet's date, the two turning Saturday evenings into their nights together.

Due to Val's constant questioning about where she was going on those nights and why she wasn't coming home, Violet told her that she was going on dates with a guy name Thomas.

Violet was happy she was able to speak to her mum about her and Jonny's dates without having to deal with the over-excitement that it was with Jonny.

She was ecstatic to be going round the Goodman's for dinner tonight, she'd had to miss last weeks because she was ill. Jonny kept her updated though, as did her mum after she found Martin smashing a car window.

Violet was trying to sleep off her illness when him and the boys were outside, something she was mad about as it sounded hilarious.

The Saturday after Jonny has taken her back to his place and cooked them dinner, the two watching whatever films they could find throughout the night.

'Here x'

Jonny messaged Violet, the girl quickly rushing to get a jacket as she messaged him back.

"Hi." She grinned, getting in the back of Adam's car with Jonny.

"Hello dolly." Nelly smiled, turning around in her chair to look at the girl, "Do you like my hair?"

"It's lovely Nelly." Violet smiled back as Adam and Jonny rolled their eyes.

Violet giggled slightly at their reactions, it definitely wasn't the first time Nelly had mentioned her hair, this was proven as for the entirety of the drive to the house, that was all she spoke about.

"Are you alright Grandma?" Jonny asked, opening the car door for Nelly.

Violet got out the car, walking round to where the rest were stood as Nelly handed the flowers she was holding over to Jonny.

"Thank you, dolly. Yes, they certainly gave it a good style."

"Please keep talking about your hair." Adam muttered.

"Until we die." Jonny added, following Adam to the front door.

"I must admit, I do like a curl." Nelly continued.

"I've just died." Violet whispered, rolling her eyes.

"To be honest, Andre is so good with his hands, I let him do whatever he wants to me."

"And that's why she's now pregnant." Jonny spoke lowly so only Adam and Violet could here, both stifling chuckles at his comment.

"What?" Nelly asked, frowning at the three.

"We're home now, Grandma." Adam said as Jonny rung the doorbell.

The four stood in silence as a shirtless Martin opened the door, too busy staring at his calculator to notice them.

"Hello?" Adam said widening his eyes at his dad as he finally caught his attention.

"Oh, hello, bambinos." He responded, looking at the four before returning back to his calculator, not moving out the way of the door.

Jonny rolled his eyes, taking Violet's hand as he ducked under his dad's arm and into the house, the girl and Adam following suit.

"Hello, Martin." Nelly greeted, tottering into the hall as the man finally moved his arm.

She went to give him a kiss on the cheek but stumbled forward as he stayed upright, falling right into his chest.

She stumbled back, her face screwed up in disgust as Martin took his arm over her head to shut the door. She squeezed through the three in the doorway, Martin following as he continued muttering calculations under his breath, leaving the four in the hall.

"Warm welcome." Jonny scoffed, taking Violet's coat and hanging it up for her, chucking the flowers on the table in the process.

"I think I just swallowed a chest hair." Nelly coughed, the three choosing to ignore it as she turned to the mirror to admire her hair.

"Hi, Mum." Adam called through, hanging his coat up.

"Hi, boys! Hi V!" She yelled back.

"Jon-Jon, have you ever thought of having a perm?"Nelly asked.

"Not really, Grandma." He smiled politely as Violet hid her laugh.

"It's a shame. I think you'd look very pretty."

"Aw, wouldn't he?" Adam cooed, rubbing his hands against Jonny's face aggressively, the boy soon giving a disgusted noise as Jonny licked his hand.

"Oh you would look very pretty." Violet teased, pinching his cheek, laughing as he grabbed her wrist, giving her a playful warning look, trying to hide the smile creeping onto his face.

"Now, let me show you what they did." Nelly continued, bouncing her hair.

"Really?" Adam sighed, wandering into the kitchen.

"Um, I think we've done hair now." Jonny smiled at his nan in the mirror, placing his hands on her shoulders as he broke the bad news.

"Yeah." Violet agreed, nodding as she walked past Nelly, following the boys into the kitchen as the older lady made a noise of disappointment.

"Hi, Mum." Adam greeted.

"Hi, boys. Hi V." Jackie smiled, kissing all three on the cheeks, Jonny and Violet muttering small 'hi's when it was their turn.

"Where's Grandma?" Jackie asked, turning back to dinner as Violet jumped on the side by the fridge.

"In the hall." Violet said as Jonny leant on the counter next to her opening the fridge.

"Examining herself." Adam added.

"What?"

"And what's with Dad and his calculator?" Adam asked, eating bread that was laid out on the side.

"Oh, that bloody thing. He won't stop playing with it." Jackie sighed.

"A calculator?" Jonny asked, now sat on the side next to Violet, whipped cream in hand.

"Last night he worked out how many times he goes to the loo in a month."

"Excellent, how many?" Jonny grinned, spraying whipped cream into his mouth.

"You really don't want to know the answer." Jackie sounded serious, the three kids giving each other looks of concern and disgust.

As if he was conjured, Martin came into the kitchen, making a bee-line for Adam.

"Adam, can you remember something for me?"

"What?"

"26,243."

"OK." Adam nodded, faking seriousness, "And Instantly forgotten."

"Hello Jackie!" Nelly smiled widely as she went over to Jackie, flowers Jonny abandoned in the hall in her hands.

"There you are! You all right, Mum?" Jackie greeted, giving Nelly a kiss on the cheek.

"Yes. These are for you." Nelly handed Jackie the flowers.

"Oh, they're gorgeous!"

"Nelly seems way happier than usual." Violet whispered to Jonny.

"Yeah. It's weird." He frowned, spraying more cream into his mouth.

Violet gestured for him to spray some into her mouth before continuing to listen in on Nelly and Jackie's conversation.

"Yes, they were very reasonable, because they were old." Nelly explained, gesturing to the flowers.

"Right.." Jackie trailed off, her happy expression faltering slightly.

"Do you like my new style?" Nelly asked, trying to get onto the topic of hair once more.

"It's lovely, Mum, come through." Jackie at her waved her mum to follow her, the two leaving the kitchen.

"I mean, who needs computer games when you've got one of these?" Martin grinned, pointing at his calculator.

Jonny playfully rolled his eyes as he jumped off the counter, him, Violet and Adam following Martin out the kitchen and into the living room where the two women were.

"Martin, get me a drink." Jackie snapped as the four entered the room, Nelly obviously having just said something rude.

"Gin and tonic?" Martin asked, not looking up from his calculator.

"No." Jackie took a deep breath.

"Oh, no, that's for when you're.."

"Depressed." The three kids finished Martin's sentence with him, the boys going to sit with Nelly whilst Violet flopped down on the other sofa.

"Thank you." Jackie rolled her eyes.

"Wait, I bought you all some bubbly." Nelly said, rifling around her bag to grab the champagne.

"Oh, thanks, Mum."

"Yeah, thanks, Grandma." Jonny added, Violet echoing her thanks too as Jackie took the bottle from Nelly.

"Bubble, bubble, bubble!" Nelly laughed, nudging Jonny who grinned back.

Violet chuckled at the two, unable to hide her smile at Jonny's close relationship with his Grandma. He was definitely her favourite.

"Adam, glasses." Jackie ordered as Martin took a seat next to Violet, the girl peering over his shoulder to try and work out what he was calculating.

"Your humble servant." Adam joked as he got up, Jonny kicking his leg as he did so.

Adam turned round and punched Jonny on the leg, resulting in Jackie slapping his bum on his way out the room as she scolded the two. Violet laughed as she got up, stealing Adam's seat.

"What's the occasion?" Jackie asked, taking a seat next to Martin, where Violet had just been.

"I'm just very happy at the moment." Nelly gushed.

"Are you?" Jackie smiled warmly at her mum, pleased by her positivity.

"Yes, I am. Martin, isn't life wonderful?"

"Well, not really. Did you read about that man who beheaded all those horses? Terrible." Martin sighed, looking up briefly before returning back to his calculator.

"Your ladyship." Adam said as he entered the room, placing the tray of champagne and glasses on the ottoman before sitting on Violet's lap, unhappy she'd stolen his spot.

"Get off." She muttered, frowning at him and she tried to shove the boy off of her.

Adam laughed as she finally succeeded, having to squeeze closer to Jonny so Adam wouldn't still be sat on her.

The boy took the opportunity, wrapping an arm around her waist as she leant on him, Adam taking up most of the minimal space the two had.

"Done it!" Martin exclaimed, unknowingly cutting off whatever comment Adam was about to make about Violet and Jonny's closeness.

"Done what?" Jackie furrowed her brow as she looked over at her husband.

"My calculation."

"It's not toilet maths again, is it?"

"No, it's not toilet maths." Martin scoffed before continuing.

"Listen to this, did you know that your mother and I have known each other for exactly 13,746,640 minutes?"

"You know, I did not know that." Adam commented sarcastically.

"Nor I."

"Me neither."

Jonny and Violet added on, matching Adam's tone.

"Oh, how sweet." Jackie grinned, pulling Martin in for a kiss.

"Very sweet." Nelly added on, smiling at the love the two displayed.

"But we've only been physically intimate with each other for.."

"Please don't work that one out." Jackie cut Martin off, snatching his calculator away before turning back to Nelly, encouraging her to continue her previous conversation.

"Yes, well I've sort of got something to tell you all really."

"OK." Jackie shuffled slightly with anticipation.

"Definitely pregnant." Jonny muttered.

"Andre, your new grandad." Violet smirked as Jonny and Adam both discreetly shuddered.

"It's quite big." Nelly continued.

"Is she still talking about Andre?" Violet giggled, trying to keep her voice quiet.

Jonny hid his laughter as he moved his hand from Violet's waist to over her mouth, the girl looking up at him with mischief in her eyes.

"What is it?" Jackie asked, her smile getting wider.

"I'm in love!"

Martin chuckled at Nelly, Jackie quickly reprimanding him as her face dropped.

"In love?" Jackie echoed.

"With a man." Nelly reiterated.

"A tramp." Adam mumbled, earning small laughs from Jonny and Violet, the former finally removing his hand from the girls mouth.

"Wow, that's, that's.. Great, Mum, really. You, you deserve to be happy." Jackie stumbled over her words as she made an attempt to sound pleased for her mum.

"Thank you, dolly."

"Yeah, especially after that horrible man you brought round."

"You mean Lou? Lou Morris?" Nelly suddenly appeared nervous.

"Yes, Mr Morris." Jackie pulled a face as she remembered the night Mr Morris had come round.

"God, Mr Morris." Adam frowned.

"The angriest man in the world." Jonny commented.

"The biggest knob known to man." Violet rolled her eyes, the memories of Mr Morris' antics rushing back.

"Now, he was a bleeding loony!" Martin exclaimed.

"He was not a loony." Nelly defended, her tone becoming harsh.

"Well, he drove into the front door." Adam reminded her.

"Chased me round the bloody house." Martin added.

"With his tits hanging out." Jonny grinned.

"Jon-Jon! Tell them, Jackie."

"Mum, he was still married when he was seeing you."

"Actually, his wife died not long ago. She was 94." Nelly informed them.

"Poison was it?" Adam joked, everyone but Nelly laughing.

"Sorry, Mum. But the good thing is that now you've found someone you really like." Jackie said, trying to stop her laughter as she saw Nelly's appalled expression.

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

The three kids said, smiling at Nelly.

"Who is it?" Jackie asked, her excitement peaking at the thought of Nelly's new mystery man.

"Well, actually, I invited him round for dinner."

The boys groaned in annoyance at the thought of having to meet another of Nelly's 'male companions'.

"Really?" Jackie asked, shocked her mum didn't pre-warn her.

"Yes."

"So who is this chap, then?" Martin asked, opening the champagne bottle.

"Mr Morris."

The family looked at each other in horror, none moving as the cork flew off the champagne bottle, the liquid spilling all over the floor, unable to fathom how Nelly had gone back to the man, let alone thought she was in love with him.

-

"Oh, yes, it really is wonderful to be back in your delightful home with your equally delightful family." Mr Morris announced, standing in the middle of the living room.

The family was each holding glasses of champagne, Mr Morris insisting they each had one when he arrived to celebrate.

Nelly had moved over to the other sofa leaving Violet comfortably in between Adam and Jonny as Martin and Jackie stood up besides Mr Morris.

"Ooo! Well, it's-" Jackie laughed uncomfortably as Mr Morris kissed her hand.

"Hideous." Jonny muttered.

"- Lovely to see you, too."

"Oh, and, uh I brought you a little something." Mr Morris continued.

"Condoms." Adam said through a fake cough.

"What is it?" Jackie asked as she opened the envelope handed to her.

"It's a photo of me as a youth." Mr Morris informed. 

"Isn't it wonderful?" Nelly grinned.

Jackie agreed half heartedly, looking down at the photo awkwardly.

"You see, I was a very good-looking young man.
Much more good-looking than those two. Eurgh." Mr Morris' face screwed up in disgust as he looked back at the boys.

"Thank you."

"Yes, thank you."

Adam and Jonny rolled their eyes as Violet stifled a laugh, earning herself a playful glare from Jonny.

She took his hand, squeezing it as she rested it on her thigh, knowing that everyone who didn't know about her and Jonny were too focused on Mr Morris to notice.

"Lovely, I'll put it-" Jackie started, unsure what to do with the 'gift'.

"In the incinerator." Martin quietly suggested, the three on the sofa grinning as they nodded in approval.

"Try it on the mantlepiece." Mr Morris said as Martin moved away, sitting on the arm of the sofa next to Jonny.

"OK on the mantelpiece." Jackie made a face as soon as her back was turned away from Mr Morris, placing the photo down.

"It looks really good up there." Adam told her, sarcasm lacing his words as Mr Morris sat down with a big smile.

"Yes, I was a handsome man. A real Beau Brummell, I was. What was I, Nelly?"

"A real Beau Brummell."

"You see these men on TV these days calling themselves Beau Brummells."

"Do you?" Jonny asked, looking over at Mr Morris unimpressed.

"Yes! They're not Beau Brummells. They don't deserve to be called Beau Brummells, do they?"

"Um, Nelly told us the sad news about your wife." Martin interjected, seeing that Mr Morris' face was becoming red with anger as he riled himself up.

"She died." He nodded, not looking particularly upset.

"We are sorry." Martin  said, as Jackie placed a hand on his shoulder as she stood next to the sofa.

"Yeah." She said.

"Well, what can you do? It happens to all of us." Mr Morris said as he stood up, refilling his champagne flute.

"I mean, your boys'll be dead in.. Him, 60 years." Mr Morris continued, pointing at Adam.

"Good to know." Adam responded snarkily.

"Him, 65 years." Mr Morris pointed at Jonny.

"I win." He taunted.

"You're wrong. You can never win against death." Mr Morris snarled, getting closer to the sofa before returning to his original spot, pointing at Violet.

"You. 50 years."

"Fantastic." She muttered, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"What?" Jonny frowned, looking between Violet and Mr Morris.

"She's a woman." Mr Morris shrugged, the room becoming encased in an awkward silence.

"Well, cheers, everyone!" Jackie said raising her glass.

Violet downed her champagne, leaning forward to refill her glass as Nelly muttered something to Mr Morris.

The man stood up once more, pulling out a piece of paper out of his pocket, beginning to read from it.

"'I would like to formally apologise to the entire Goodman family for the'... I can't read your bloody writing."

Mr Morris shook his head at Nelly as the five on the other sofa shot each other looks. He readjusted his glasses before continuing.

"'Really awful behaviour I exhibited when I last came to your lovely house.' Done."

He sat back down, whipping his glasses back off.

"Isn't that nice of Lou?" Nelly smiled, eyes flitting between the four.

"Very moving." Adam responded, a lack of sincerity in his voice as Violet and Jonny raised their glasses in agreement.

"I don't remember what I did, but I hear it wasn't appreciated."

"You called us a 'bunch of penises'." Martin scorned.

"Martin." Jackie tried to keep the tension in the room to a minimum.

"I called you a 'bunch of penises'? Well, I should wash my mouth out with soap and water." Mr Morris responded, sounding shocked at his own behaviour.

"Um, the bathroom's just down there." Jonny grinned, gesturing down the hall.

"But thank God I'm a completely changed man and it's all thanks to your wonderful grandmother. Look."

Mr Morris grabbed Nelly, kissing her passionately as the four looked away in disgust, still able to hear the two moaning as Nelly propped her leg up slightly over Mr Morris'.

"Raw passion that is." Mr Morris commented.

"I'm gonna find some new batteries."

"I think we've run out."

Martin's excuse to leave was stopped by Jackie as she pushed him back into his seat, unwilling to let him abandon her like he did last time Mr Morris was round.

"Excuse me everyone, I must spend a penny." Nelly shuffled out the room, bouncing her hair.

"Oh, what a body." Mr Morris moaned, watching her as she left.

"Um, one moment." Jackie excused herself, leaving the three boys and Violet alone with Mr Morris.

"Are you two together?" Mr Morris asked, gesturing at Jonny and Violet's hands.

"That is a really good question." Adam said, smiling smugly at the couple as they floundered in an attempt to answer, letting go of each other's hands.

"She's got a male." Martin told Mr Morris, "Her bleeding mum won't shut up about it."

"Yep.. I have.. A male." Violet nodded along shooting Jonny a look.

"Is he satisfying you?" Mr Morris asked, leaning forward.

"What?" Violet looked at Mr Morris aghast that he'd ask that.

"A man should always have the upmost energy before sexual intercourse. I always have coffee." Mr Morris continued, oblivious to the disgusted faces he was receiving.

"You. Lanky." He pointed at Jonny, "Are you drinking coffee before sexual intercourse?"

"I don't really like coffee." Jonny shrugged, shuffling uncomfortably.

Mr Morris started spluttering as he repeated Jonny's sentence, his face getting redder and redder as he soon excused himself, the sound of the front door shutting being enough for the four left in the room to follow.

Jonny opened the front door to see Mr Morris sat in his car screaming. Adam leant against the door frame as he watched, Martin behind him.

Jonny wrapped ab arm around Violet's waist as she rested her head against his chest, looking on in confusion at Mr Morris' antics.

"What's happening?" Jackie asked, walking over to where the four were stood, Nelly towing behind her.

"All I said was I didn't really like coffee." Jonny shrugged.

"What?" Jackie asked as she poked her head out the door.

"It's just a bit of fun." Nelly chuckled as Jackie's face dropped.

-

Once Mr Morris had calmed down, he joined the rest of the family in the dining room, taking the same spot as he had the last time he was there, across from Violet.

The girl mentally thanked herself for wearing her usual sweater and skirt, smiling politely at Jackie as she dished out the food.

Jonny placed a hand on her thigh, noticing her leg was bouncing uncontrollably as Mr Morris took a seat.

"Ah, yes, very tasty, my dear." Mr Morris said as the family dug into their food.

"Thank you." Jackie gave him a small smile.

"Although, not as tasty as your mother."

Mr Morris pulled Nelly in for another kiss, Violet and Jonny looking at each other to try and avoid watching.

"Oh, God." Adam muttered, looking down in disgust.

"So, I never got to ask, how long have you two been back together?" Jackie asked.

"Oh, not too long." Nelly waved the question off.

"Six months." Mr Morris said.

"Six months?" The table echoed in unison.

"You never said it was.." Jackie trailed off.

"Yes, six months. Six, erotic months." Mr Morris told them, kissing Nelly once more.

"Mum, I don't want any more." Jonny pushed his food away.

"Nor do I." Adam frowned, putting down his cutlery.

"Me neither." Violet shook her head, trying to not look at Nelly and Mr Morris. 

"Oh, I'll have some. I love scraps." Martin made mouth noises as he took Jonny's plate, using his fingers to scrape the food off.

"Dad!" Adam whined.

"Yes, six months. Doesn't time fly?" Mr Morris shot a smile at Nelly as Martin put Jonny's plate down, reaching back over to grab Violet's plate next.

"Not at the moment." Jonny mumbled.

"Of course, you know what it's all about these days, don't you?" Mr Morris continued.

"What's that?"

"Everything, what it's all about."

"Um."

"You, have a guess." Mr Morris exclaimed, pointing at Adam.

"You want me to have a guess what everything's all about?" He asked, looking at Jonny and Violet for help.

"Oh, go on." Mr Morris snapped.

"Er Pineapples." Adam sounded unsure of his answer.

"Pineapples? You what's it all about?" Mr Morris scorned, pointing at Violet.

"Um... The economy?" She guessed, getting an approving nod from Martin.

"The economy, Stick insect." Mr Morris scoffed at Violet before pointing at Jonny.

"Excellent." Adam muttered, grinning at the insult.

"Have a guess what it's all about."

"There's quite a lot to guess from." Jonny said, shifting uncomfortably.

"Well, go on."

"The government?"

"Pineapples, the economy and the government? Pineapples and the government? Well, I'll tell you what it's all about. Punk rock." Mr Morris was becoming angry again, clearly passionate about his hatred for punk rock.

"Punk rock?" Jackie repeated, looking bewildered by Mr Morris' statement.

"Yes, it's everywhere. You turn on the radio, punk rock."

"Right." Jonny squinted his eyes slightly as he looked at Mr Morris, Violet having to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing at the man.

"You walk down the street, everywhere punk rockers."

"Everywhere." Adam fake agreed.

"Aren't I right, Nelly?"

"Oh, yes, Lou. Um, he doesn't like punk rockers."

"I don't." Mr Morris pretended to spit multiple times as Jackie made a noise of discomfort.

"I don't like 'em. Ogling my Nelly and her privates!"

"Okay." Violet nodded, before turning to Jonny, mouthing 'What the fuck?' before looking back to Mr Morris.

"He's very protective." Nelly smiled, playing with her cardigan.

"How nice." Jackie shot Nelly a fake smile as Jonny picked up his wine, taking large gulps of it as Mr Morris continued ranting.

"I tell you, if I had a son and he turned out to be a punk rocker, do you know what I'd do?"

"What's that then?" Martin asked.

"I'd spurn him, I would. Spurn him." Mr Morris snarled.

"Well, I don't think you two will be having any little punk rockers for the time being." Martin laughed, Nelly joining him whilst Mr Morris' face screwed up in anger.

"What are you trying to say? That my seed is bad?"

"Well, no, I.." Martin stuttered as he tried to defend himself, but Mr Morris wouldn't give him the chance.

"There's nothing wrong with my seed. Tell him, Nelly."

"There's nothing wrong with his seed." Nelly agreed, her smile having dropped completely.

"Nothing wrong with it? It's grade A stuff, grade A!" Mr Morris shouted.

The six looked around nervously as Mr Morris placed his cutlery down, taking a deep breath.

"Oh, but look at us all. This is meant to be a joyous occasion. Here I am back in the bosom of your family." His voice was calm again now, making Violet raise her eyebrows at his mood swings.

"And the bosoms of Grandma." Jonny joked.

"I heard that." Mr Morris snapped.

"Didn't deny it though." Violet muttered, Jonny giving a small laugh as he tried to not draw Mr Morris' attention back to him.

"So, come on, let's all raise a glass to the-"

Mr Morris was cut off by the doorbell, the Goodman's and Violet sighing in relief.

"Oh, shame." Jackie faked annoyance as she put her napkin down.

"I'll go!" The boys exclaimed, leaping out of their seats.

"Yep!" Violet followed suit, rushing to the door.

"Me too!" Martin joined them.

"I'm coming." Jackie finished, the five all heading to the door to escape the uncomfortable tension that had settled in the dining room.

"Hello, Jackie. You look nice." Jim looked Jackie up and down as she opened the door, the boys and Violet staying behind her.

"Oh, Christ." Martin hugged.

"Um, hi, Jim."

"Why are you-" Jonny asked quietly, frowning at Jim's attire, not able to finish his sentence due to the man cutting him off.

"You may be wondering why I'm dressed like so." Jim gestured to his dog outfit, flinching away from Wilson as he did so.

Violet sighed, crouching down to say hello to Wilson, eyes widening as she saw there was a penis sewed onto Jim's dog costume, with a bell on the end.

She whacked Jonny continuously on the leg, gesturing to it, looking up at him as his eyes focused, widening as they saw what it was.

"Oh, yes, no I added that bit myself. You know, for fun. Ding, ding." Jim said, the rest of the family obviously having noticed Violet's gesturing therefore having bought the topic up.

As he made the bell ring he stepped forward slightly, accidentally getting closer to Violet which made her position on the floor look really wrong.

She leaped up, taking a few steps back into Jonny as he wrapped an arm around her waist protectively.

"Fun!" Jim continued.

"Right." Adam nodded, smiling awkwardly at Jim.

"I'm going to look for those batteries." Martin said, getting a sarcastic thank you from Jackie.

"Jim, it's a bad time." Jackie tried, however Jim cut her off.

"It's a bad time for these poor little doggies. This one can't eat chicken any more."

"Um, sorry, Jim. We don't really have any money on us at the moment, so..." Jonny trailed off as Jim started shaking the charity box at them.

"No more chicken."

"Maybe later." Adam told him.

"Yes, later."

"Goodbye, Jim." Jackie smiled politely as she shut the door, muttering her her breath.

"He had a tail." Adam pointed out as the four made their way back to the dining room, Jonny still with his hands on Violet.

"Back and front." Jackie said.

"Maybe we could get Jim to mate with Mr Morris." Jonny suggested, getting shushed by his mum as Violet giggled.

"For six erotic months!" Adam commented, making Violet laugh harder.

"Sorry, Mum." Jackie sighed as she walked into the dining room, stopping suddenly.

"Which is why I'm asking you now, Nelly." Mr Morris was down on one knee in front of Nelly, holding out a ring.

Violet stifled a gasp as her and Jonny watched from the doorway, the boys grip on her getting slightly tighter as he noticed what was happening.

"Oh, Lou.." Nelly sighed, excitement covering her features.

"What was your second name again?"

"Buller."

"Mum." Jackie said, panic filling her voice.

"Nelly Buller, will you.."

"Mummy!"

"Will you marry me?"

The four at the door all gave gestures at Nelly to decline, the woman nodding at them before returning her gaze to Mr Morris.

"Yes, oh, yes!" Nelly exclaimed, a bright smile joining her face as her and Mr Morris kissed.

"Engaged! We're engaged!" She squealed excitedly.

Jackie excused herself first, muttering about ringing Val as Adam went to the shed to update Martin on what had just happened.

Violet and Jonny stumbled out the room last as the older couple continued celebrating, both too shocked to say anything.

Jonny pulled away from her, heading upstairs.

"Jonny?" She called up, but received no response. She sighed slightly before following him, as much as he might not know it, he shouldn't be alone with his thoughts right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 1.8K 83
some parts will be smut, some will be fluff, and some will just be random. 18+ on some chapters. hope u guys enjoy!
1K 39 17
Violet Rose Everett, an orphan under the care of her young aunt has always stick around with her two best friends, Jared and Vlad Xeros, (who are bro...
152K 3.1K 47
Lucy isn't an ordinary gang leader. Most gang leaders are boys but she was an exception. She's a strong and independent girl and a powerful leader. L...
160 0 17
The Violetverse series centers on teenage Violet Benton as she makes her surprised return to Somerville High School. The Benton Gang, of course, is t...