Chance - Natasha Romanoff

By ChanKrea

"We met by chance; it was the greatest chance I have ever received in my life." Irmina König, a German that... More

Cast
Part one
I : Strange Encounters
II : New Beginnings
III : Friend & Acquaintance
IV : Family
V : Familiarity
VI : Somewhat Trouble
VII : Morning Ruined
VIII : Gone Wrong
VIIII : Safety Net
X : Bullseye
XI : Together
XII : Mayday
XIII : Dirty
XIV : Lieutenant General König
XV : Comfort
XVI : Drinks
XVII : Not So Secret
XVIII : Her Princess
XVIIII : Soon you'll get better
XX : Perfect
XXI : Eyes don't lie
XXI : Angels Like You
XXII : missin something
XXIII : Iron Man
XXIV : The Beach
XXV: Like Real People Do
XXVI : traitor
part two
XXVII : The Avengers [part one]
XXVIII : The Avengers [final part]
XXVIIII : constellations
XXX : Monster
XXXI : The Great Gig in the Sky
XXXIII : im yours
XXXIV : Home

XXXII : Cynically Sweet

217 17 0
By ChanKrea

a/n - not much typo check, sorry and i will apologise for being a little late

4th January 2013

Never in a million years did Natasha think she would be scaling down the Burj Khalifa with Irmina, who is always doing everything with ease. They are going to be pissed off to find a window missing tomorrow morning.

In an awfully dimly lit room filled with screens, Commander Hill sits still with an unwavering gaze as she monitors everything inside the building like a damned hawk for anything out of place while also putting fake footage in so nothing can be collected.

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?"

A string of laughter was heard, which made Maria and Natasha smile. Irmina is only here to be the human riot shield, and Natasha is all ballerina. The older woman only took the job because it had been three months since they had seen each other.

They always missed each other when they were sent on a mission. Anna had to be the bringer of bad news, and when she had to go back to school, they had to find it out themselves.

"She just left an hour ago."

"Fuck's sake," Irmina whispered under her breath, loosening her tie. Anna could see the annoyance on her shoulders as she took off her shoes. The teenager doesn't know if they will continue with the reservation. "I'll go shower, so get ready."

"She was called on a diplomatic mission." Natasha let out a huff as her duffle bag hit the floor and noticed that her boots were gone from their usual spot.

"Mina?" Natasha called, dropping her keys into the cute little ceramic bowl Anna had made in one of her art classes. Tossing her duffle bag to the side as she struggled with her boots. Without realising that Irmina's keys were gone, she went to her office and hoped to find her girlfriend. A little note and Irmina's credit card on the table were the only things that she could find. "Пиздец."

Rebuilding the crumbling military to how she sees fit—a military powerhouse—takes a lot more time than the both of them would like.

"I missed you a lot," her voice muffled behind the mask and took Natasha by surprise. Usually, she doesn't say much or anything personal. The flirting was not personal—just mindless. "Like so damn much."

"Is that why you took this?"

"Maybe."

The famous Black Widow's smirk made her appearance while they continued scaling down the tallest building in the world.

"The office better be clear, Commander."

"It is clear," Maria scoffed, her shoulders tensing as she continued with her hacking. "Two guards are entering."

The king let out a grunt as she pushed herself against the glass window and crashed into it. She rolled into the office and immediately went straight for the two guards, giving them no time to even pull out their guns.

And Natasha just casually landed in the office as if Irmina wasn't dealing with unwanted guests. She took her sweet time to remove her harness and wires. The broken glass was crushed under her feet. She was walking towards Irmina, and her hands found Irmina's harness on her back while the guard slowly passed out in a headlock.

"Thanks," said King's voice, so low and monotone as she let the body drop to the floor. Her hand snaked up to Irmina's ear—just to turn off her comms. The older woman turned around and cocked her head since she couldn't really give Natasha a smirk with her entire face hidden.

"The two of you better not start making out," Maria's voice beamed through their comms, which made the two of them laugh. Natasha pulled Irmina down by the collar of her suit and kissed the mask; where her lips would have been. "Idiots."

"I missed you too."

"Kiss?" Irmina cutely asked, and Natasha gave her a confused look, breaking into a smile later, "Later?"

"Of course."

— | —

"My back," Irmina groaned as she landed in the jet with Natasha safely on top of her. They had to jump from the penthouse, and hopefully, Michael's great piloting skills were the only thing that would most probably save the both of them. Thank God, she did trust the pilot with everything, or she would be ketchup with Natasha. "My fucking back."

Natasha panicked and quickly got off Irmina as the door closed. Maria walked to them and snorted at them. Irmina was genuinely in pain, and Maria was just laughing her ass off. Michael reported back to the main headquarters, on their merry way to Germany. It seems like everyone was going to crash at Irmina's place—in Berlin.

"Okay, let's help you," Maria voiced, pulling Irmina into a sitting position as she supported her back. "Old."

"I am," a whimper from her lips, made both women panic.

"You're actually in pain," Maria stammered, and Natasha removed the straps that were holding the katanas from her back. Irmina nodded, her hand in a fist—knuckles turning white. "Ice?"

"Yes."

The agent with them was crawling to save his life to get that ice packet and medicine kit. It is terrifying to even think about King in pain, she is the greatest weapon mankind will receive. Also, it would be hard to explain how the Lieutenant General of Germany died on a secret mission for S.H.I.E.L.D. or was involved with them in any way.

"Thank you for taking the impact."

"Your nerves won't regenerate—mine do."

Any agent knew that wasn't just the reason, because if it were anyone else, Irmina wouldn't even bother so hard to pull them close to her body. They would have retired but for Natasha, that would have been like a curse.

This damned organisation is all she knew.

"Sleep, we will take a detour."

The Commander left Natasha to deal with her girlfriend with the help of the Agent, Irmina tried to help herself with ice but only to her hand to slapped away.

"She needs to sleep." Maria turned to Natasha with Irmina's head on her shoulder, eyes still scrunched up in pain and her fists never relaxed. "She has a conference tomorrow."

"You never do this," Natasha whispered in her ear, adjusting herself where Irmina was facing her but their bodies side by side so Irmina could stretch out her legs. Cradling her like a child, with her hands holding the ice to her bad and rubbing her back to smooth her breathing. "Don't do that, we will see each other."

"I may or may not have abandonment issues."

"I call you and text you every day."

"I'm old."

"Yeah you are. Just sleep, I got you."

The masked woman mumbled something, muffled by her mask, as she relaxes her body and her head sinking deeper into her lover's neck. Very few agents knew about the King's identity, even fewer knew about her relationship with the Black Widow. That is why every single time there was a mission involving both the Black Widow and King, the same group of Agents are sent—Fury suspected about their relationship because Natasha had never been happier.

Either a text from the moment or information about Irmina joining a mission always brightened up her day.

Even a glimpse of her made Natasha giddy.

And Natasha isn't exactly good at hiding herself.

"It is so good to have you here," Natasha whispered into the blonde hair as the hood slipped down. Her shoulders sagged forward, keeping the ice still on her clothed back. The agent with them, Ren, tapped her shoulder and gestured something that she couldn't see properly.

"Lean against my back; less strain on your back."

"Thank you."

"My missions with you both, are always guaranteed to bring me home."

He stated that as he sat behind Natasha, he could hear the soft sigh the moment their backs hit. Maria turned back to the three agents, who were just huddled up together. Ren was staring at his bag, and his feet tapped against each other, regretting not taking a book before offering his back to the Redhead, who was calmer than she was a minute ago. Maria tossed him his book, and his eyes sparkled.

Regenerating nerves are especially painful for Irmina. She could only pretend to sleep to ease the worry for everyone. As much as she could relax her body, the pain is unbearable. The soft and staggered breaths she took slowly matched Natasha's calm, beating heart. Feeling the droplets from the melting ice dripping on her back and the soothing rubbing hand might just help her a little. Her back is numbed thanks to the ice. The smell of Natasha is even soothing her pain.

The only thing that is making the process hurt more is her mask.

She vowed to never remove her mask unless it is a certain group of people. Too many innocent people died just because they knew how she looked like. They may know her name—if there is no face to match the name with, she does not exist.

"Can you move the ice up a bit?"

She was taken by surprise but she still listened before letting a hum, acknowledging her girlfriend. Irmina's hand moved up to her face, tapping the side of her neck to collapse the mask.

"27, keep looking forward."

"Yes Ma'am."

Natasha panicked a little to feel the zipper of her suit sliding down and Irmina just softly chuckled because she was the one doing that. Could never resist those soft kisses of Irmina's.

"Bad day?" Irmina whispered against her collar bone, her lips caressing her skin.

"It is so good to see your face," Natasha whispered back, trying to fight her urge but failing miserably at the same time. "It's your damn charm."

The older woman laughed in response, her breaths lingering on the Black Widow's skin as her lips moving up to her neck, her hands wandering.

"Told you to wear the undershirt—I sent you one," She stated, feeling around Natasha's body, that one of those bullets must have caught her and she didn't feel it because she wasn't worried about herself but Irmina. The younger woman straightened her posture, fingers gliding along her spine.

"Looks uncomfortable," Natasha said; her voice shaky and soft, tilting her head to the side with her eyes rolling shut. Irmina had to be mindful of Ren.

"It is breathable and would save you a lot. I wear it all the time." Irmina scoffed once she felt the bleeding cut and asked Ren for the medkit. He slid it to her, making sure his eyes were still on the book. The older woman is very strict about who can see her face.

Not many at the organization knew her name exactly.

It is always King or Mina—nothing more, nothing less.

"It would save you from this kind of injury, where you wouldn't notice and then bleed out to death."

"I'll try to wear it more often—for missions."

"Wear it every day. I sent you three."

"I'll wear it for missions."

"Fine." Irmina huffed, zipped up the suit with annoyance, and Natasha smirked in victory. Her mask went back on, and her head went back to the crook of Natasha's neck. The Redhead requested for another ice pack and Maria was there to give it, taking the melted one away.

"Such a child."

Irmina made an annoyed moan, her arms wrapped and relaxed around Natasha's waist. The soft chuckling reached her ears, bringing her hood back to its original position, which hid the light in her eyes. It was always good to hear her chuckle or her satisfaction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 619 17
Steve Rogers thought he was one of the lucky ones but Natasha Romanoff, well, she thought that she was terribly misfortunate and she would love to ki...
73.5K 1.9K 28
━━━━━━━SOUR━☂☄ ❱ ❝ bucky barnes daughter ᵕ̈ in which﹔ two heroes once knew each other and fell i...
57.9K 1.1K 20
Natasha Romanoff, the famous black widow, always thought she is forever alone, that she wasn't capable of love, but when she met Steve Rogers, she wa...
109K 2.9K 61
this is completely made up as I go along: Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers are assigned a mission that shakes Natasha to her core, as Natasha and St...