The Strange Kind Of Perfect

Galing kay Mykaylynn

{ EDITING } Kristen Mays never thought her life could change as fast as the speed of coffee going down her br... Higit pa

Chapter 1 Coffee Spill
Chapter 2 We Need to Talk
Chapter 3 Aubrey
Chapter 4 First Day
Chapter 5 Green Eyes
Chapter 6 Clase de EspaΓ±ol
Chapter 7 Add Friend
Chapter 8 Nightmares
Chapter 9 Ran Into
Chapter 10 Dance Party
Chapter 11 Bucket List
Chapter 12 So We Meet Again
Chapter 13 Old Friends, New Begginings
Chapter 14 Surprise Me
Chapter 15 Date Night
Chapter 16 Just Peachy
Chapter 17 Lets Begin
Chapter 18 Starting Over
Chapter 19 Type AB
Chapter 20 Football
Chapter 21 A Year Ago
Chapter 22 Sleepover
Chapter 23 Awkward
Chapter 24 The Justice League
Chapter 25 Halloween Party
Chapter 26 New Jobs For All
Chapter 27 Kiss One
Chapter 28 Pizza Dough
Chapter 29 Pizza Toppings
Chapter 30 Goodbyes
Chapter 31 Funerals & Fights
Chapter 32 The Flip Side
Chapter 33 Christmas Tree
Chapter 34 Ornaments
Chapter 35 Not Over Yet
Chapter 36 They Talk About Guys
Chapter 37 Raining Milk
Chapter 38 Curiousity & the Cat
Chapter 40 Stuck
Chapter 41 911
Chapter 42 *Not* Stockholm Syndrome
Chapter 43 Mended
Chapter 44 Prom
Epilogue
Authors Note and Sequel Info
Copyright Note
Q/A
EDITING AND REWRITING
3 Months and Counting

Chapter 39 Regrets

2.8K 112 15
Galing kay Mykaylynn

Lucas' POV

I drove. I drove until I hit the end of a road. I parked the car and looked ahead. A dead end sign staring me in the face.

Oh the irony

I got out of the car and screamed. I screamed with everything I was feeling. All the sadness and pain and anger.

I didn't care that it was raining. So I sat on the hood of my car out in the middle of nowhere, headlights still on, and cried. After everything we went through this is how it ended. I always thought my relationship with her would end because of something petty like her taking something I said wrong. Not this. Never did I ever could have imagined this.

My phone suddenly buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and covered it with my arm. I slid the button and put it to my ear.

"Hey man where are you and Kristen at?" Tyler asked.

"I'm on my way now sorry." I said.

"What do you mean you are on your way? Is Kristen with you?" He asked.

"It's a long story" I said before hanging up. I got back in my car and drove over to Jack and Allens.

On the way home I felt like I was riding an emotional roller coaster. At first it was pain and anger from the fact she cheated on me. Then it was the sadness that she used me. Then the confusion because it felt like she actually cared for me. Then I went numb and didn't feel a thing.

I tried to distract myself on the way with concentration. It was raining hard and the roads were very slippery. Yet, every time I tried to concentrate my mind reminded me why I was here in the first place.

Then it happens all over again. The emotions kept coming over me and there was nothing I could do about it but wait.

Once I got to Jack and Allen's house, I was beyond drenched. i stood in the doorway and wrung the bell, not really sure if it was alright for me to come into the house in my condition. The door flung open and I was face to face with Alex.

"Hey Lucas," she began "Oh my god Lucas why the hell are you all wet?"

"It was raining outside." I replied.

"No shit Sherlock. We know, but it only started a half hour ago. We left school two hours ago." Allen added as he came into the room, throwing me a towel, similar to the one around his neck.

Was I really gone for two hours?

"Yeah you were. Not to mention you didn't show up with Krissy. Where is she?" Tyler asked starting to get suspicious and angry.

Everyone went silent and looked up for me to answer. So I did.

"We just broke up." I said looking at the carpet next to me. It was the first time I had said it out loud, and that's what made it so hard. Saying it out loud made it real. It took everything in me to not look up from the ground, let alone get up and leave.

When the silence was too much to handle, I looked up and let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I tried not to but when I saw everyone's reaction I started crying. Julia was the first person to do anything, standing up and giving me a hug. It took me by surprise because we weren't all that close, But I took the offer regardless.

"What happened?" Clara asked, obviously confused. I glared at her in response and took a step back. She knew about it all this time. And here she was acting as if everything was okay.

Alex looked at me with wide eyes "Lucas can I talk to you a minute please?"

I looked at her confused. She was Kristen's new best friend, making me question whether or not she knew about the cheating. I gave her a nod and walked out the door, hoping she would follow. the moment she did her newly dyed blue hair was drenched.She stared at me for a moment before speaking.

"How much do you know?"

I scoffed. So she did know. "Enough to know that Kristen's been cheating on me."

"Whoa there buddy. Cheating on you? What the hell are you talking about?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"I'm talking about walking in on Adam her douche of a boyfriend and Kristen making out when she was supposed to be retaking her test for Science." I shouted. She went quiet for a minute, shocked at my outburst. Then she started laughing.

"I'm so glad you find my pain funny." I said sarcastically.

"I'm not laughing at your pain Lucas, I'm laughing at how idiotic you are. First the whole 'Kristen is a lesbian' idea and now you think that she's cheating on you." She continued laughing. If anyone inside was watching they would be very confused.

I glared at her. "Ha ha it happened. But that's not the point."

"I understand its not the point. Yet, my point is you're an idiot. Were talking about Kristen cheating on a guy like you with that...that monster. When you were the one to open the door for her, he shut her out. When you kiss her, he's the one having sex with her best friend. While you get a job to spend time with her, he's the one getting a job at a high school he graduated at just to stalk her. I think that the choice between you two is obvious. And if you think anything different, then there is something seriously wrong with you."

After she was done I just stood there. I thought about everything I said; going through my mind of every encounter with her ever since I met her. everything seemed fine to me. Nothing was out of place when I was with her. She made me happy and that was what was important. I immediately regretted my decision to break up with her just because one person may or may not have lied. Then I snapped back to reality.

" Aubrey was the one that Adam cheated on Kristen with wasn't she."

Alex nodded sadly.

"She told you that she was cheating on you." She said thoughtfully.

I nodded back with the same amount of sadness.

"Well that was a lie. Look I'll explain on the way but we need to go get Kristen." She said going into the house and leaving me with my thoughts

"I'm going to get my girl back."

* * * * * *

"But I am assuming you already knew abut her dad." Alex said quietly as we drove into one of the parking lots at school. I nodded taking the keys out of the ignition and stepping outside the car. The rain had cleared up a bit but not enough to not drench us in more water.

I tried calling Kristen but she wasn't picking up. Everywhere we looked she wasn't there, and I was starting to get worried. We first had stopped at her house, using the hida-key to get in. Yet no one was home except for Kiko and Grace. We fed them then went to the library. When we asked Ashton he told us she hadn't been there in a month. Then I went to work. Ricardo told us she called earlier and left a voicemail where it was all static.

When we ran out of places to go we decided to trace our steps and go back to school.

"Alright so take me through what happened."

"I went into the Science Lab and there she was. So I ran through to senior hall and down the stairs outside" I described, "Then we went out here and fought."

I stood in the place where we were talking.

"Then I went to my car, broke up with her, and drove away. I was parked where the car is now." I finished, remembering the past events.

"Okay. Where would have she gone?" She said assessing the situation.

Then I walked back to the spot we fought before I left. I looked at the ground in thought before something caught my eye. To the right of me a few feet away by a bush were keys. I walked over and picked them up out of the dirt, shaking the rubbish off.

Kirsten's keys

"Alex. You might want to come see this." I said holding it up for her to see

"Those are keys Lucas I don't understand." She said.

"They're Kristens." I said quietly. I looked past the bush and walked into the forrest area, Alex following me. About 5 feet away was Kristens backpack open on the ground.

"Hey isn't this-" was all Alex got out before I put my arm in front of her, preventing her to touch it.

"Don't. Look at the way it's pointing." I said.

"Yeah what about it?" She asked

"Lucas you bloody idiot that not how you ask a lady out!" Samuel laughed. My face flushed red as Amiee walked by giving me a distasteful look.

"Yeah that probably wasn't a good idea." I smiled shyly

"Well no crap. How about her? Why don't you ask her out?" Henry replied.

As the girl he was talking about, Mary, walked by with her friend she said, "I heard that."

"Way to go you bloke!" Samuel exclaimed hitting him on the back of the head as I laughed.

"Come on man that's not cool!" Henry whined

"Alright boys I think that we need to do something else because we're about as sly as Thompson when looking at Mrs.Elliots arse" Samuel said, causing us all to shiver in disgust.

"You know I don't need a date to homecoming you guys." I said sinking lower into my seat. As much as I denied it I secretly wished I could go with someone.

"Dude! Come on! Everyone knows your first high school dance is the most fun! Henry and I both have dates and just because you couldn't muster up the courage to ask Emily, doesn't mean you can't still." Samuel said, quieter than all the previous times, as to not get someone's attention.

"Alright how about this. I'm going to open my bag and the open side will point to the girl you want me to ask.

They looked at each other and nodded. I unzipped my bag and scooted it to their side of the table. The shifted it around a bit acting as if they were looking for something, then pointing it to something. They gave each other a knowing smirk and looked at me. I looked to the side where a girl sat alone.

"Vanessa Whitman?" I asked. They shook their heads. She was a shy girl that no one really talked to. You could always find her listening to her music and drawing.

"Alright. I'll do it." I said not looking away from her. After a moment of thought I got up and walked to her table. I could feel Henry's and Samuel's eyes on me but I ignored it.

When I got there, I stood in front of her watching her draw. It was only a start but I could still see she was sketching the Eiffel Tower. When she realized I was there, she did a double take and took out her head phones.

"Hi. I'm Lucas. I don't think we've formally met."

"Just something I used to do as a freshman. This way" I answered walking in the direction of the open bag. After about a half hour of walking in the woods, it had stopped raining.

"Lucas over there!" Alex exclaimed pointing to a tarp. We ran over and lifted it up.

"Oh god"

* * * * * * * * * *
(A/N): Hello my lovelies! Sorry its been so long since I've updated! Like.... Over a month. Oops. I've really been meaning too but this chapter was a real toughie. All of the chapters have been in place with titles and everything which means that there are only 6 parts after this not including the Epilogue and Authors note. Also, after the book is completed ill have a Q/A part where any questions will be answered. Ill try to do all of them depending on how many I get (not expecting too many to be honest) but if you want to start leaving them in the comments or messaging them to me, ill be gladly accepting them.

I've decided that from now on, if possible I will be dating every Sunday!

Also if you guys could please please please vote for me in the wattys this year that would be great! ( #wattys2015 #mychoicewattys2015 )

Also thank you so so so much for all the birthday wishes! <3

Leave comments and votes as they're greatly appreciated!

L.O.L

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

17K 3.2K 30
" I perch myself down on the bed again, next to Cory. I rest my head against his shoulder; his arm is wrapped around my body. I begin to close my eye...
12.5K 280 46
This is your classic Jock/ nerdy love story... Athena Jacks was always very low profile long haired brunette. She never really had any friends and no...
317 90 18
It started with a coffee. Don't all good love stories involve coffee in some way or another? Charlotte is a college student living what she believe...
1.3K 61 31
[COMPLETED] It all started with a dare. One dare. A few little words, whispered during a party. A few little words that changed the entire year. F...