The Billionaire's Offer

By CelesteABrook

[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] After seeing the women's shelter she worked hard to build burn down to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 39

685 69 7
By CelesteABrook

Emma

I wake up with a start; a twitch in my hand disrupting the remnants of a dream that cling to my consciousness like fading mist.

As I blink away the haze, reality crashes back with merciless clarity: Zack's menacing presence, Asher's gunshot wound, and the deep need to protect our baby. —it all floods back with startling clarity.

The hospital room surrounds me with its sterile scent and the monotonous beeping of monitors, a constant reminder of the fragility of life.

God, when will this nightmare be over?

In an attempt to run from my cold reality, I close my eyes tightly, wishing I could go back into the oblivion of sleep, where everything is normal, and Asher and our baby are safely by my side.

But the twitch on my hand persists like a gentle tug pulling me back to the present.

And then, I hear his voice.

"Wake up, baby."

My eyes snap open, and I'm momentarily frozen in disbelief. Could it be real? Is Asher actually here with me? I turn my head to the side, and there he is, lying peacefully beside me.

"Hey..." he whispers, and I gasp, a mix of relief and astonishment flooding through me.

"Asher, is this real? Am I dreaming?"

A tender smile curves across his lips, easing some of the anxiety gripping my heart. "It's real, Em," he assures me, his voice a soothing melody in the chaos of my mind.

I look around the room, taking in the two beds side by side, the medical equipment, and the faint light filtering through the curtains. It's all too surreal, and yet Asher's presence grounds me in the moment.

"Oh, my God!" I sit up quickly, feeling a rush of dizziness sweep through me.

Asher reaches out with his free hand, his touch gentle as he tries to stop me from moving. "Take it easy, Em. You've been through a lot."

Tears well up in my eyes as I slide closer to him, careful not to disturb the wires and tubes connected to his body. His shoulder is banged up, and there are stitches on his head, but seeing him awake and talking to me is a balm to my soul.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my voice trembling with emotion.

He nods, his eyes filled with an intensity that speaks volumes. "I am now that we're together."

I slowly lean in, savoring the softness of his lips as they meet mine in a tender, lingering kiss. God, I missed him! Kissing him again is like a silent promise, a reassurance of our bond amidst the chaos and uncertainty. I'm careful not to hurt him, mindful of his injuries, but the need to feel connected to him overrides everything else.

As our lips part, I rest my forehead against his, breathing in his familiar scent. The weight of the past few days begins to lift as I realize that we made it through and that we're together. "I love you," I whisper, the words carrying the weight of everything we've been through.

"I love you too, Em. So much," he murmurs, his voice filled with unspoken promises and devotion. "I was so scared I'd lose you."

"I'm here," I whisper, pulling away to look at him. "Zack is gone. It's over."

A shadow crosses over Asher's face, but then he blinks, and it goes away. "He's never touching you again. You're safe now."

"I am." I smile through my tears as I press my lips to his again.

In this hospital room, surrounded by beeping machines and the faint scent of antiseptic, we find solace in each other's embrace. The road ahead may be uncertain, but as long as we're together, we'll face it with unwavering strength and love.

As we sit here, close and connected, our conversation weaves through moments of concern and care. Asher asks me if anything hurts over and over again, his eyes searching mine for any sign of discomfort. I keep telling him that I'm okay, focusing instead on his well-being and the miracle of him being here with me.

There's a quiet understanding between us, a shared knowledge of how fragile life can be and how precious every moment together truly is.

We can't stop talking. We talk about everything and nothing, our words a melody of reassurance and love. It's like we both need to hear each other's voice so we know this is real.

But then, I'm suddenly struck by another wave of emotions—a mixture of joy, disbelief, and apprehension. "Asher?" I whisper, my eyes widening.

"What is it, baby?" he asks, alarmed.

"I'm pregnant," I blurt out; the words hanging in the air, heavy with meaning and significance.

Asher's jaw falls open in disbelief, tears glistening in his eyes as he processes the news. And then, a radiant smile breaks through his tears, illuminating his face with sheer joy and wonder.

"You're... we're having a baby?" His voice trembles with emotion.

I nod, tears of happiness streaming down my face. "Yes, Ash... We're going to be parents."

His lips meet mine in another kiss, filled with laughter and tears and overwhelming love. Asher and I are having a baby! I can't believe it!

Pulling away, Asher cups my cheek, his thumb gently wiping away a tear that escapes down my face. "You have no idea how happy I am now."

I hold his hand tightly, never wanting to let go. The fear and uncertainty that had consumed me begin to fade away, replaced by a renewed sense of hope. We had faced unimaginable challenges, but we had come out the other side, stronger than ever.

We're lost in our own little bubble of happiness until a voice interrupts us.

"Ahem, am I interrupting something here?"

We break apart, our cheeks flushed with embarrassment as Max enters the room, followed by Aiden and Jose.

Aiden chuckles, shaking his head in amusement. "I knew putting you two in the same room wouldn't be a good idea."

Laughter fills the room, the tension dissipating in the warmth of family and love. Asher squeezes my hand, a silent reassurance that we're in this together, no matter what.

As our family gathers around us, sharing in our joy and excitement, Asher's face lights up with pride. "We're having a baby," he announces, his voice filled with sheer happiness.

There's laughter, congratulations, and hugs all around. It feels like a party, a moment of pure bliss amidst the challenges we've faced.

Just then, a nurse enters the room, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "This is a hospital, not a nightclub," she jokes, earning chuckles from everyone.

We sober up, but the smiles remain on our faces. The nurse, Linda, checks on me, asking how I'm feeling. I smile back, feeling great and grateful for the love and support surrounding me.

Linda nods, a knowing smile on her lips. "I had a feeling that putting you and your baby next to your man would do wonders."

I glance at Asher, our eyes meeting in silent gratitude and love. We may have faced dark moments, but in this hospital room filled with laughter and love, I feel nothing but hope and happiness for the journey ahead.

As soon as the nurse leaves, José walks over to me, pulling me gently into a hug. It's a familiar embrace, one that has seen me through the darkest of days. "Emma, I'm so glad to see you awake and well," he whispers, his voice filled with genuine concern and affection.

I return the hug, feeling the weight of his support. "Thank you, José. You've been here for me through everything," I murmur, my voice choked with emotion. "I wouldn't know what I'd do without you in my life."

"Thank God you're stuck with me, then." He pulls back slightly, his hands on my shoulders as he looks into my eyes. "You're so strong, Emma. Stronger than you know," he says with a soft smile, a silent acknowledgment of the battles we've faced together.

"Well, I can't wait until the baby is here." Aiden jumps in with a joke, trying to lighten the mood. "We're going to spoil that little one rotten."

We all laugh at his enthusiasm; the tension dissipating further as we share in the anticipation of welcoming a new life into our midst. It's sure a moment of levity, a temporary escape from the weight of recent events.

But just as we settle into the warmth of family and laughter, the door swings open once again, and our father strides into the room. There's a collective intake of breath, a palpable tension settling over us like a dark cloud.

My father's arrival immediately casts a shadow over the room, his presence an unwelcome interruption to our newfound joy.

Asher's reaction is immediate; his voice laced with disbelief and anger as his protective instincts flare. "What the fuck are you doing here, James?" he demands, his voice laced with anger.

Aiden steps in, placing a hand on Asher's chest to restrain him. "Father, now's not the time. You need to leave, please," he says firmly, his tone brooking no argument.

But our father remains unfazed, his expression unreadable. "Dramatic as ever, Aiden," he comments, his gaze shifting to me. "Well, when your son-in-law is accused of murder and it's all over the news, I think it's well-mannered to come pay a visit, especially when no one seems to bother to fill me in on what's going on."

_____

A/N: The baby is safe! Asher is back! But what about James, guys? We still have him to deal with!

Please remember to vote! <3

XOXO

Celeste

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 264 18
Nora Juniper Harlow has just gotten her heartbroken by the two most important people in her life. So in a quest to start over, she moves in with her...
1.6M 77.2K 33
"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a massive adventure leads her to a strange p...
5.2M 163K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
252K 9.3K 54
Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #1 in Chauffeur 2023 #12 in Slowburn 2023 #3 in Arguing 2023 #8 in Sexualtension 2023 #15 in Sexual 2023 #1 in Spanish...