nemesis - edmund pevensie ΒΉ

By narniasprophecy

"I hate you edmund pevensie!" "well, I assume we're even then." .... ever since danialla bridge castillanos b... More

characters
prologue
1.0 foes
2.0 giudizio
3.0 natalis
4.0 retention
5.0 miscellany
6.0 prΓ©cis
7.0 throes
8.0 sperduto
9.0 propositus
10.0 puer
11.0 strife
12.0 recapitulate
13.0 paciscor
14.0 nuptiae
15.0 inopinatus
16.0 sanatio
17.0 metania
18.0 azzurro
19.0 initium finis
20.0 lux
22.0 basio

21.0 rachamecha

78 3 48
By narniasprophecy

Means in Hebrew: your mercies

     The month of January consisted of a lot of Selection gossip. Some Narnians started to realise that Danialla Castillanos was still in, which made them start to wonder about the relationship that the Just King and her had flourished. Koa spent much time in the castle with his aunt. Many of the Selected started to enjoy the presence of a young two-year-old boy. Danialla had grown friendships with some of the girls that were left in the Selected. Edmund was able to decrease the fifteen girls to seven at the beginning of January. Walight and Danialla had blossomed into a friendship. She kept telling Edmund that Walight was an excellent fairy to marry when the two would spend time together. Edmund only just insisted that he wasn't ready to choose a wife.

     Danialla was in the royal lounge with Edmund as he was ranting about the Selection. She found humour in his constant complaints about his dates and the girls that he has to deal with every day.

     Edmund dramatically fell on top of the couch, "Princess Alana is just so aggravating to deal with!"

     The girl just sat in one of the chairs, raising her eyes at the boy, "Trust me, Ed, I live right next to her."

     Edmund seemed to not hear the girl, if he did he ignored her. "I don't know how I haven't excluded her from the Selection yet!"

     "Maybe because if she's not in the top five, some conflicts might happen?" Danialla suggested, remembering the false joking the two made. She peered at the ceiling with sarcastic interest. She noticed the golden detail in it that she's never realised before.

     Edmund glanced at her, "Not helping, Bridge."

     The girl shrugged and sat up, "I mean, there's only seven of us left, Ed, you can send her home right now."

     Edmund growled, "She would have my skin if she wasn't the last pick."

     "Are you saying that you're scared of her, Edmund?" Danialla teased.

     A scoff came from his direction, "Of course not! I'm only worried what her father would do."

     The velvet couch made some noise as Edmund looked at her, "Am I allowed to end this madness now?"

     Danialla chuckled, "Nope, unfortunately, I am still stuck here for another two months because you won't let me go home."

     The boy frowned and got an idea, "You've always wanted to learn how to swordfight, right?"

     Danialla shrugged, "I mean, it would be neat to learn."

     Edmund smirked and stood up, taking her hand, "Then you're going to be taught by the best swordsman in Narnia."

     The girl frowned, and before she could protest, he was dragging her out of the room with him. She huffed in annoyance but kept walking with him. They entered the armoury room and Edmund looked at Danialla's figure. She glanced at him with a question.

     "Liking the view, Edmund?"

     "I'm trying to figure out what armour will fit you best," he replied, completely ignoring her prompt.

     "And you have to stare at my figure to discover that out?" Danialla questioned. The boy rolled his eyes before going to a cupboard and taking out some upper-body armour.

     He handed them to her, "Try these on."

     Danialla looked at the metal that she had in her hand before trying to figure out how to get it on. "I thought you'd go easy on me."

     Edmund looked at her after he got a belt, "I am, I'm just going to make sure you won't do something stupid and hurt yourself."

     She rolled her eyes before getting the armour on her body. "You don't have trousers anymore by chance?" he asked her.

     She looked at her dress, "What, am I going to die from wearing a dress to my first sword fighting lesson?"

     "Maybe in that dress, you will," Edmund spoke as he realised that it was a heavy-tolled dress with many layers.

     Danialla groaned before taking the armour off, "May I go to my bedroom to get on trousers and a shirt, please?"

     Edmund nodded, "If you're not back in ten minutes, I'll have the whole staff looking for you."

     Danialla just left the room, laughing at the Just King's words. He glanced at the door for a moment before going to his cupboard to get out his sword. The Narnian sword gleamed with pleasantness. Edmund smiled as he admired his sword. The thought of finally teaching Danialla how to sword fight also gave him a sense of happiness.

     No one else was in the sword room, which was actually very uncommon. Usually, young Narnians were being trained during the day and if they weren't, some of the soldiers would find a break to have a fun duel.

     Not too long after, Danialla walked in with brown trousers and a white dress shirt that looked three sizes too big for her. Edmund raised his eyes at her for an explanation. The girl only replied with: 'I keep a pair of Derek's clothes with me in case I need them.'

     The king obviously knew that women wearing trousers and a dress shirt was not allowed after a certain age, but he didn't see the problem if they were to learn how to practise fighting (as if a woman would go into battle).

     He handed her a sword after she got on her upper armour. "Swing this a little."

     The girl did as she was told and Edmund sprang to the ground. Both pairs of eyes widened as they realised what happened. "I am so sorry, Edmund!" Danialla spoke.

     "When I said to swing it, I meant to see if it felt right, also meant to bounce it a little," Edmund groaned, "not to try to treason me!"

     Danialla smiled innocently before bouncing it, she assumed it was okay by the way she could catch it. Edmund took it from her. "Too heavy."

     She frowned at the boy, "It felt just fine!" she tried to argue. Edmund sent her a look that the girl knew that she shouldn't argue with him. Edmund went to a cupboard and found another sword, he gave it to her, "Now bounce this one."

     She did as she was instructed and it felt much lighter for the girl. She smiled at the young king as the boy watched her wrists. "It's too light."

     "Wha–"

     "Your wrists are easily going out of control from the bouncing, now give it back, Bridge."

     The girl didn't complain as she handed it back. It took Edmund two more swords until he agreed that the certain sword was fit for the girl. The girl huffed every time he argued that the swords were too light, long, short, and/or heavy for the girl. She didn't understand why she needed to have a specific sword for her.

     Edmund made sure that the sword was dull and his was to before taking her to the duelling room. He didn't want to go to the courtyard because of the snow. He looked at her, "What is your dominant hand?" he asked.

     Danialla frowned before responding, "Left."

     Edmund nodded, "Put your scabbard on your right side," he instructed. The girl nodded, understanding what he meant before she took the adjustments. Once she had placed her scabbard on the correct side, Edmund took out his sword. "Take your sword out."

     The girl reached for the sword with her left hand, moving her hand across her body. The sword gently came out and she looked at Edmund. "Now put it back."

     The questioning look on Danialla's face seemed to not even assist the boy. She did as she was told. "I know that we are inside, but you need to know your surroundings during combat. Memorise that environment. If there is a rock, make sure that you know exactly where that rock is. You cannot just stand in one setting during combat, you need to move your body." The girl nodded as she looked around the area. As soon as her focus left Edmund, she heard his sword exit its home and it was pointed right at the tip of her neck. Edmund smirked, "Dead."

     Danialla frowned, "That's not fair!"

     "Yes, so the opponent will allow you to look around before striking you." the sarcasm running down his tongue. The girl huffed.

     "Now, open your body at a forty-five degree angle. Your left foot should always be ahead of your right," he instructed, showing her. The girl copied the boy. The boy looked at her hips, "Face the hips towards me, not to the side."

     He nodded as she changed her figure. "Unleash your sword, now." The girl grabbed it and held it with one hand. The boy stopped urgently.

     "Have you ever watched Al practice combat?" he groaned.

     Danialla frowned, "Of course I have."

     "Think of how he holds his sword, Bridge!" the girl thought but nothing went to her mind. The boy rolled his eyes. He leashed his sword back in its place before going to the girl. He took her right hand and placed it at the top end of the grip. His gentle hands touched hers as he moved her left hand to the bottom. He pointed at the circular object at the bottom. "This is called a pommel, you never hold your sword with just that."

     Danialla nodded, his hand was still on her left hand. She felt his warm touch on her cold hands. It was a new feeling for the girl, but somehow it felt right. She didn't even realise her mind wandered off. "Bridge?" Edmund spoke, looking at the girl.

     She glanced at him, "Sorry, what did you say?"

     The touch changed on her hands as he moved them. "Now, point your sword at a forty-five-degree angle up and your hands straight down," she kept the motion in place as she looked at Edmund to see if she had done it right. He nodded as his hands left the touch of hers. She felt the coldness of the outside air hit her once again. "Now, I call this the 'Exposition' position."

     The girl glared at him, she knew that that last piece of information was unnecessary. "Now put your sword back in the scabbard and show me what I just told you."

     Danialla realised she was very quiet during the instructions. "Maybe I won't kill you this time."

     He chuckled softly before Danialla moved her body in the direction and movements that Edmund wanted her to try out. She did it perfectly and she knew it. She smirked at Edmund at the end for his reaction.

     The rest of the lesson consisted of her trying different angles to attack. Edmund was happy with the progress that the girl was able to make.

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄

     Over the days that followed, Edmund excused himself from other dates and taught Danialla how to sword fight. She slowly became a good learner and Edmund didn't do anything but brag about her. With the ideal, the two had their moments that sent an unknown feeling in Danialla's stomach.

     It was the day that Edmund was going to teach her how to swordfight against him. The training was to test if she was ready to complete the beginning levels of swordfighting.

     Danialla met Edmund at the doors of the armory, he had asked her to go early that morning for early training. She was tired because of Koa the night before. The young fairy didn't want to go to bed, and at twilight he finally started to calm down. A yawn escaped her lips as she looked outside. The sunrise was just peaking out.

     Edmund ran up to her, a cup in his hands. "Hey, sorry I'm a little late!" he exclaimed, handing her the cup. She quickly realised it was lavendar tea. She smiled, "You're forgiven because of this."

     Edmund chuckled, "I figured you'd say that."

     They opened the door and a circle of dried dandelions were laid out. Danialla looked around to see more candles lit. She looked at Edmund, who was pursing his lips together. "I thought we were going to finish my beginner training."

     Edmund chuckled before looking into her eyes, "Okay, so I lied," he told her, "You finished yesterday, this is a reward and something I'd like to call our first date."

     Of course, Edmund was being sarcastic about the date idea, but Danialla still smiled at her friend. "Thank you, that was very thoughtful of you, Edmund."

     The boy rolled his eyes, truthfully he wanted to tell the girl his feelings at that very moment, but he knew it wasn't time. He went over to one of the cupboards and took out a picnic basket. He grinned, "Breakfast?"

     Danialla chuckled at the boy who posed with the basket. She wished she had the artistic skills to draw him at that moment. He looked hideous. She sat down at one side of the center before Edmund sat down across from her, placing the basket in the middle. Danialla started to take the things out; she saw bread, jam, pastries, and dried fruit. She glanced at her tea before looking at the Just King, who was smiling at her.

     "This better not become a habit, Pevensie."

     The boy scoffed, "Of course not, I need my beauty sleep!" he fussed. Danialla rolled her eyes playfully before spreading some jam on her bread. Edmund took a strawberry pastry and placed it in his mouth, a moan escaped his lips.

     "Careful, King Edmund, you don't want to fall in love with a pastry to help you rule the country now, do you?" Danialla teased, hearing the sound.

     Edmund frowned at her, "How do you know such a sound of love? You've never had it before."

     Danialla smirked, "Edmund, you should really think about how well you know me."

I want to know you.

     Edmund kept his thought to himself, he very much wanted to kiss her. Telling the girl was just too much to express before just interrupting himself by kissing her.

     "How do you know that I don't know you now?" he spoke back. "You've never eloped with someone."

     Danialla kept the poker face on her smile, "Oh, Eddie, you really know nothing about my love life, do you?"

I don't, but I do want to know.

     His smile dropped, thinking that the girl he loved could have already possibly eloped with someone. No one would ever know with her infertility.

     "And who would that have been?" the boy asked, trying to make Danialla go on, even though it pained him to do so.

     The girl started smiling, "Oh, someone from Susan's balls, he was from Ettinsmoore, Lord Ezra, if I remember correctly." She knew she could get away with it, her and Lord Ezra were close in age and were good friends.

     Edmund glanced at her, "If you remember correctly?" his face started to look horrified.

     Suddenly, Danialla couldn't help but to laugh. "Oh, Horris, I surely haven't kissed much less eloped with someone before!" she laughed. Edmund started to laugh awkwardly. He forgot that the girl had no interest in relationships.

     Her curiosity got the best of her before she spoke, "Have you eloped with someone yet?" She took a sip of her tea.

    Edmund raised his eyes, "Just because I'm a king, you think I've eloped with someone, is that it?"

     Danialla chuckled, "Just answer the question, Ed."

     His eyes stayed on hers, "No, I haven't."

     Danialla tried to find some lie in his eyes, but she didn't see any. Instead, she was too focused on his chocolate aurora to tell. Edmund didn't stop talking though, "And I've yet to have kissed someone."

     Danialla tried to say something sarcastic when she felt his lips.

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄

     Danialla was on Peter and meriel's bed as she was soaking what had happened. meriel was there to listen and Susan was just giving her best friend raised eyes.

     "Then he told me he's never kissed someone before and the next thing I know, I can't speak!" she wails quietly. Susan looked at meriel with hope in her eyes.

     "And now I can't stop thinking about those lips. They were so soft, but so chapped. It was so gentle, yet yearning. And then I have the urge to tease if Princess Alana hasn't kissed him! If I didn't say anything maybe something could have happened way more romantic than I wanted it to!"

     Susan gawked at her friend, "He kissed you?"

     "On the knuckles."

     "Oh."

     meriel chuckled at the faceless look on Susan's face. meriel knew Edmund too well that he would chicken out trying to kiss Danialla. Susan had so much hope in her eyes.

     Danialla looked at her two friends, "What's happening?" she asked suddenly.

     meriel smiled at her friend, "You're in love, Dana."

     Danialla didn't even speak for a moment, until she got a grip of herself, "Absolutely, not."

     Susan started jumping up and down with excitement. She's wanted her best friend to experience what love was for years. Danialla glanced at Susan, who was in her baby blue dress.       "Su, don't even keep that false information in your head!"

     meriel smirked at her friend, "So you think that a fairy can lie?"

     Danialla didn't speak, she knew that the information that the merfairy was true. They couldn't lie. "Well, you just misinterpretted it."

     Susan just raised her eyes at the girl and looked at meriel. Everyone knew that meriel was a very intelligent queen. She could interpret feelings and emotions from others.

     Susan sat down next to her best friend, "Dana, please just listen to us."

     Danialla shook her head, "I didn't feel anything, how can you guys see if I'm lying or not?" she said, "Oh, you can't."

     She got up and looked at meriel and Susan, "You both know I vowed myself to never fall in love. And that Edmund!" she raised her voice, "Edmund! The boy that I should hate! The one who calls me names and is very rude!"

     After she spoke those words, she stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. Susan pursed her lips together and looked at meriel, "That didn't go as planned."

     meriel rolled her eyes before she stood up, "She'll come around."

     Susan nodded before getting the book she was previously reading from the coffee table. Oh, she only wished that her friend would realise.

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄

     That night, Danialla stayed awake thinking about Edmund. She tried journaling, reading, and even playing with Koa to get him off of her mind, but she couldn't. It was like an automatic obsession of the boy since the interaction the two shared. It hadn't helped the girl's thoughts when she was talking to meriel and Susan. Instead, it made it even worse. The words echoed through her mind, "You're in love, Dana." She didn't want to even believe the words that spoke through her friend.

     She was laying down on her bed, trying to read with a candle next to the bed. She knew that her nephew was asleep because of his light breathing coming from next to her.

     She let out a soft huff and turned to her side, placing the book down. The girl stared at the ceiling for the seventh time that night.

     I cannot possibly fancy Edmund. I swore when I started to take care of Koa that I wouldn't ever get into a relationship for his sake! Besides, he needs a wife who can help rule a country with him. That is certainly not me. I am too fearful and clumsy to even take care of myself and Koa.

     Her thoughts crumbled through her mind about Edmund all night. Only for her to think, I do not have feelings for him.

     But she knew deep down that she was lying to herself. And would so for a while.

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄

Did I get you guys? Haha, no, that's going to be a bit from now--. 

Guys, AP classes, work, college visits, helping my brother plan his wedding, and just SCHOOL have been draining me so much. Like--😭

THANK YOU FOR 3K!!!!

Anyways, I made an estimate on what chapter this book will end, and it broke my heart, I only have to write seven more chapters😭

ALSO, shoutout to @DisneyxLovey ! She just finished writing her triology about Narnia and it is an Edmund Pevensie friends to lovers romance. So so excited to see more of what you'll write DisneyxLovey

xox-narniasprophecy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 4.3K 31
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’? πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘› 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘‘, π‘Žπ‘š 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...
63K 3.4K 53
𝐅𝐒𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 '𝐀π₯π₯𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞' π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ Once upon a time, in a faraway land- well, actually near the faraway land of fantasy...
58.3K 1.9K 51
The Pevensie siblings have ruled Narnia for many years. Narnia has entered its Golden Era, filled with peace and prosperity. However, a new threat is...
11K 546 38
"How do you keep floating when you feel like sinking?" "If your heart feels heavy, you'd sink. Otherwise, you'd float." ***** [SEQUEL TO THE OFFSPRIN...