Ascendance of a Bookworm - OM...

By Stark2nd

I have been reincarnated in my beloved novel "Ascendance of a Bookworm" !! ,but... like Detlinde.... Mega Spo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
So, what do you think of these first ten chapters?
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 27

21 4 4
By Stark2nd

Just after Lady Eglantine finished speaking, one of her guards interjected with a comment: "My lady, you should already know that it is not appropriate for someone of such low rank to attend such an important ceremony."

The room filled with a brief tension as everyone awaited Lady Eglantine's response.

She simply turned slowly to the guard, with a smile on her lips, and stared at him for a few seconds.

The guard, evidently nervous, quickly retreated and stammered, "Forgive me, my lady. I did not mean to interrupt!."

I felt compassion for the poor guard; Lady Eglantine knew how to instill fear without losing her elegance.

After this small incident, Lady Eglantine turned her attention back to me.

With a calm yet firm voice, she said, "Do not worry about formalities, Lady Detlinde. I am the hostess and I have the pleasure of extending invitations at my discretion."

She looked at me, waiting for a response, and at that moment, I could barely contain my excitement.

Lady Eglantine was one of the people I most wanted to meet, and I never imagined that she herself would invite me to a tea party.

With enthusiasm, I replied, "I would be delighted to attend, Lady Eglantine."

I couldn't wait for the day of the party!.

The invitation was not only an honor but also an opportunity to strengthen bonds and gain valuable insights.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

933K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
460K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
201K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
283K 8.5K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...