INCARCERATED SUN - The Impris...

By SnoffyJolly

There is a thin line between DESIRE and REALITY. Reality is thorny, hard, cruel, something which a person wis... More

AUTHOR HERE
UNFATED MEETING
JOURNEY OF BHARGAVA SHISHYA
MAGADH'S HIDDEN KING
CHARIOTEER'S SON'S CHOICE
AN ADVISER
STRATEGY
CHILDHOOD FRIENDSHIP
KING ASHWATTHAMA
GETTING TO KNOW
DIFFERENT UNDERSTANDING
SOMETHING UNUSUAL
MYSTERIOUS
INEXPLICABLE FEELINGS
WAS!!?
TRUTH BEHIND DECEIT
HOT BLOODED
LOST SOUL
THREE WEEKS GAP FILLING
MANOEUVRE FOR REVENGE
SWAYAMWAR
FIRST KULVADHU OF HASTINAPUR
AT THE BACK OF MIND
CONSUMED BY DARKNESS
LIGHT OF PAST
INDICATION OF LOVE
THROBBING OF FLOWER
PATH OF ENCLOSURE
INGRESS OF SOLVED TRUTH
BRILLIANCE INSIDE MURK
HOLLOW EYES
GET ON THE TRACK
GLIMPSE OF PRESENT
START FROM BEGINNING
BREAKING OF CURSE
END OF DIGVIJAY YATRA
BLOSSOM OF HAPPINESS
LOST SOLACE
A REVEALED PAGE OF PAST
TIED ENDS OF TWO THREADS
TWO PARTS OF ONE SOUL (EPILOGUE)

CHUCKLE OF BITTER FATE

502 38 7
By SnoffyJolly

The numbness of body, the emotions swirling inside, the legs that stumble back yet his body did not fell due to Gangaputra's grip on his shoulder that is gentle but protective...................Karna can't feel all that.........it is just too much.............he lost his everything.

"you are............lying"

"I wish I could my child, I wish I could" Mahamahim said as he loosen his grip, letting karna fall down as a loud scream filled with pain echoed inside the room but Mahamahim knows that no one other than him can hear this broken scream of a left alone child.

He felt a sudden urge of consoling this child, comforting him but seeing him standing up, Mahamahim let his urge go as he says "I think, you should go"

Seeing the broken figure of the child ones his best charioteer talk about always, one who takes care of his grandsons, the one who gave him a familiar yet unfamiliar feeling like this, Mahamahim felt his heart beating heavy as he let the young man go back to his home...............home, feels like a heavy word, especially when he has nowhere to go now.

Mahamahim notice karna is about to turn away as he says slowly "you can leave this job, if you want............."

Only a simple nod came from the unturned standing figure as Karna walk out from there towards the entrance.

--------------------------------------------------

Karna walk towards the entrance while looking down until he felt two spears crossing in front of him as he look at soldiers at the entrance in confusion.

"I have to go outside"

"you can't go outside without Maharaj Yudhishtir's or Yuvraj Duryodhana's permission unless it is for surya Puja"

You better be kidding him otherwise the vexation that is bubbling inside him will definitely burst out...............but what will he be able to do? Nothing, he has no power, no strength, nothing fight back against them.

Karna bite his lips as he look around anxiously before taking a deep breath while walking towards the garden. He closed his eyes, trying to remember something before hhis eyes open in a flick as he ran behind the palace.

--------------------------------------------------

The morning and inside the palace is too much silent for sahadeva's liking as he watch brothers and cousins just doing their work rather then finding Karna like they have been doing from the time they came here.

Feeling uneasy sahadeva curl his hand into fist as he hear his elder twin laughing over something but the laugh is too hollow......and too much different from his own laugh as if it is not Nakula but someone else who is laughing, making sahadeva flinch when he watch all his brother giving grin to each other and if that is not scary then nothing is.

Sahadeva went towards them but before he could, the maids called him as he look back at his brother while writing a small letter. Trying the letter to the messenger eagle, he sent the letter, praying that the letter would reach fastly as he knows he can't fight against his brothers.

----------------------------------------------

"here it is"

Karna remove all the climber plant from the wall before he take out bricks from the wall without noise as a big hole become visible on the wall.

Karna checked his surrounding one last before entering the narrow passage as he hide the hole from the climbers hanging above the wall before walking towards the other End of the passage.

Being too much inside anxiety, karna didn't let his senses work until he hear a snap of branch making his eyes widen as he try to turn around but couldn't when he felt a heavy thing colliding with the back of his head, feeling dizziness and pain taking over, he grabbed the wall of the passage for support.

He tried to work his body but his already weak body couldn't move making him grit teeth in anger before he felt his grip losing from the support of passage as his eyes closed while his body fell forward.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"ugh"

Opening his eyes narrowly, karna grabbed his head in pain before carefully watching his surrounding as he hear voice from outside the room making him work his hearing sense.

"he won't be able to go outside from there"

"hmm, it would be good"

"beside the room is for karna only. He won't have any problem in there"

Yudhishtir? Duryodhana? Bhima? What? What in the world? Are they the one who locked karna here?

"now you can't go anywhere Karna, don't worry we will come soon after completing our work"

Arjuna?.............Good, very Good. At first he thought he was thinking too much now karna is surely confirmed that they are completely presumptuous.

Karna hear footsteps from outside, letting him know that there are many people before the foot steps fade as he remove his hand from his painful head only to find blood all over haand........ah, no wonder it was hurting, he is injured badly and this time he won't be able to heal himself.

Karna banged on the locked door of the dark room only to find his own hand hurting..........no power. He look around the room only to find it without window........just like a prison......he is caged here like a bird.

"AARGH!!"

Letting out a scream of all the emotions hitting inside, he grabbed the vase, throwing it to mirror immediately shattering into pieces as he watch his fragmented yet incomplete reflection in the mirror................just like his inside.

Karna felt his knees buckle up as he fall down, looking around the pieces of broken mirror until he felt a sharp sting in his right hand wrist as he check it only to find a small mirror stuck in there. He pulled out the piece as the blood started flowing from the wound. He is completely wounded now and the blood is not stopping anytime soon means he will die either way.

"isn't it great?" Karna mutter out coughing before letting out a bitter chuckle.

Of course it is great. He has no reason to live anymore, might as well be dead maybe then he could be reunite with his parents.......his brother......his vrushali, maybe that's why he is dying now.

He has to say he has met so many in his life till now but no has deceived him like these damned princes. Congratulations to them, they literally got him badly...........because he decided to become their friends.............beacuse he decided to trust them, his pitashree said right thing, royals aren't to be trusted. They are just......

Karna felt his eyes getting heavy as he leaned against the wodden bed before gripping his right wrist tightly. He is dying..........without a glimpse of his parents, as if it could even happen now.

******************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 700 22
An average person gets the chance to reincarnate as a tragic hero. Can he change his fate with his foreknowledge or will he meet the same fate? This...
46.3K 2.5K 18
After a major heartbreak which made her too afraid to love again, Aarohi unexpectedly falls into the era of Mahabharata. She alternates between the p...
30K 2K 22
Suhana, our lively 18-year-old from the 21st century, enjoying her so-called "once-in-a-lifetime" trip with friends. What could go wrong? Well, cue t...
133K 5.4K 65
What if draupathi was saved by her friend during dhut sabha..... What will happen when draupathi started her new journey with an unexpected peason...