Younger | Station 19

By ashlee_romanoff

follows the life of Aria Bishop. The youngest of the Bishop family. Andy Herrera x fem OC Slow burn All credi... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven

thirty

316 12 7
By ashlee_romanoff

*Aria's p.o.v*

I suddenly woke up from my sleep. I could feel my face was wet, so I touched it and realized that I've been sweating the whole time. I don't know how long I've been sleeping but when I stood up from the bed and looked outside it was already bright out. I got out of my bunk and headed towards the shower. Once I got inside the bathroom, I took off my clothes and stepped inside. I feel the warm water hitting my face and I just close my eyes. I haven't felt this relaxed in awhile.

I stayed in the shower for a couple more minutes until I got out. I wrapped a towel around my body and I went up to the sink. I brushed my teeth and looked at myself through the mirror. I had horrible eye bags and I just looked completely exhausted. I looked down at my hands and unwrapped the bandage that I had put on yesterday. I looked at my knuckles and it looked worse than yesterday. I threw the bandage away and walked out to my locker. I put on my uniform and put my hair up into a ponytail.

Once I finished, I walked into the barn and saw the others organizing some items. I walked up to one of the trucks to help out but I didn't feel like talking so instead I listened in on their conversations.

Maya: She looks tense. I wish I could read lips.

Vic: This is the reporter from the Mayor's office? Maybe they'll give her the key to the city.

Maya: Well, whatever happens, we can't let her see us watching.

Ben: Anybody talk to Gibson yet?

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. Next thing I knew I heard a familiar voice walking in behind us.

Jack: Talked to me about what?

Vic and Ben: Hey!

Ben: Good to see you, man! You feeling good?

Vic: If there's anything you need, you know..

Jack: Thanks. Yeah, just as long as nobody says the word "skyscraper." It could, um, undo months of therapy. Kidding!

I turned around to face him and I see him direct his eyes to me. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I turned my body around and dropped what I was holding and walked away. I walked into the beanery and sat on one of the stools with my head in my hands. Therapy. He left to go to therapy. I shook my head again and took another deep breath.

Pruitt: Bishop! *yells from downstairs* The desk isn't waiting for you!

I stood up from the stool after hearing my name getting yelled throughout the station. I jogged down the stairs and met up with Pruitt who was standing right at the bottom. 

Pruitt: You know, you could be like Gibson and go to therapy so you can go out on calls.

Me: Sucks I'm not Gibson then huh

I walked past him and sat down on the spinning chair. I sat there with my thoughts replaying in my head when I felt someone's presence standing beside me. I looked up and saw Vic.

Vic: Your hand looks bad.

I looked over at my bruised up hand and hid it from her. 

Vic: Let me take a look at it. 

I ignored her offer and went back to doing the paperwork I should've been doing. She was about to say something else when someone walked in.

Travis: Ah, got my workout in.

Vic: Wow

Travis: Took my bike.

Vic: I can see that.

Travis: *out of breath* cycling takes a lot more than physical prowess you know? It's a whole mind-body sport.

Vic: Oh, yeah. More than golf lessons or the pilates or every other hobby you've picked up since you broke up with Grant?

Travis: I haven't found my perfect cadence yet. The guy at my neighborhood LBS, local bike shop..

Vic: Okay.

Travis: says that it can take months, and uh...

Vic: Great great.

Travis: *sees me* Hey Aria, how are yo-

I looked up at him and shaked my head. I stood up from my desk and was about to walk away when I got stopped by Captain Herrera.

Pruitt: Sit back down. No more getting up unless you're gonna eat, drink, or use the bathroom. Also, no more working out.

Me: *scoffs* Are you serious?

Pruitt: I am before I report you to the chief.

Me: You do know that you don't really work here right? You're just interim captain.

I was about to say something else when I felt someone grab my arm to stop. I looked at who it was and it was Jack. I yanked my arm away and looked at him.

Me: Get your hands off of me.

Jack: Stop arguing with him

Me: I don't have to listen to you. To any of you.

Pruitt: Well right now, as your captain I'm telling you to go do the paperwork that I assigned you to do. 

I rolled my eyes at him and turned my back around to sit back down. I got the paperwork that I was already working on and kept working on it. Once I finished one of the folders, I grabbed another one and made my way throughout the stack. 

*a couple hours later*

I finished everything that I was assigned to do and I made my way into the beanery. I heard almost everyone inside and once they saw me walking in, they all stopped talking. I went over to the fridge ignoring their silence and grabbed a bottle of water. I turn my head around when I heard someone speaking to me.

Maya: Are you gonna eat? I can make you a plate.

I ignored her question and offer and walked back out. I started drinking my water and heard someone running after me. They put their hand on my shoulder and made me turn my body around. I looked at the person and saw it was Jack. I groaned and turned my body around to walk away until he stopped me again.

Jack: Aria just wait. 

Me: What the hell do you want from me?!

Jack: I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left. I know I'm the last person you want to talk to, but I'm sorry.

Me: No. You don't get to come back and do this. You left. I needed you Jack. And you left.

Jack: To get better Aria. I went to therapy. 

Me: I don't care Jack! You don't just leave and disappear for 4 months with no contact or communication. That's not fair. Not to me!

He goes towards me and pulls me into a hug. I try and fight him, punching him weakly. Before I knew it, I stopped punching him and I just started crying. He hugged me tighter and the tears started coming down faster.

Jack: It's okay. Get it all out. I'm here. *he comforted me* I'm sorry.

A couple minutes had passed and I finally stepped back from his embrace. I looked up at him and wiped my tears before I walked away. I walked towards the locker room and went into my bunk. I closed the door and before I knew it, I laid down on my bed. I looked at the wall and just felt tears coming out of my eyes again. I heard someone knocking on my door but I didn't respond. Before I knew it, they walked into my bunk and I felt the space beside me sink. I felt them lay down and wrapped their arms around me. They started talking and I realized it was Andy.

Andy: It's okay Aria, I'm here. 

I turned my body around to face hers and I just wrapped my arms around her and put my face onto her chest and I sobbed. I felt her tighten her grip a bit and we just stayed in that position in silence. I felt myself calming down a bit and I let out a yawn. I knew she noticed because she quickly said something after she heard.

Andy: It's okay, you can sleep. I'm right here. I won't leave.

I nodded my head against her chest and I let myself fall asleep. Before I knew it, my eyes started to close and my body started to relax.

*Andy's p.o.v*

I laid down beside Aria letting her calm down after her meltdown. When I told her to go to sleep after I heard her yawn, I felt her nod against my chest. Before I knew it, her grip on me became loose, her breathing calmed down, and I felt her body relax. I sighed and played with her hair while I still had my arms around her. I stayed in the position until I knew she was deeply asleep. I removed her arms from around me and I placed a blanket on top of her. Before I left the room, I turned my face around and looked at her. Her face was stained from her tears and her eye bags were showing. I looked over at her hand and saw it bruised up. I sighed, but didn't make a big deal out of it. I walked out of the room and quietly closed the door. When I looked up I saw Maya waiting for me outside.

Maya: How is she?

Me: Bad. I just got her to go to sleep.

Maya: How'd she look?

Me: Horrible. Maya, she has a really bruised up hand. I think it's all of the working out. Her eyes are heavy and you can clearly see her eye bags. She's tired. I can't believe we let it get this bad. I can't believe we let her get herself this bad.

Maya: I know. We all tried, but she won't let us in. If we keep pushing, she just goes off on all of us. I know she's my little sister, but she's a pain in my ass. I love her and I want to help her, but her doing all of this and hurting herself, I just don't know what to do or how to help. 

Me: None of us do. 

Maya: We all heard her screaming at Jack and the next thing we know she's going in her bunk crying. Andy, I think something happened at the hospital after she got abused. 

Me: What?

Maya: Remember when she woke up and saw me and quickly asked for Dr. Bailey before talking to me? 

Me: Yeah, what about it?

Maya: She kicked us all out, but Jack was the only one there she would let comfort her. What if something happened to her and Jack is the only one who knows? Maybe that's why she's been doing this because she needed Jack to be there for her. Whatever happened that day, she felt comfortable telling Jack. Then one day we chose to confront the both of them because of their behaviors lately and they both just went off. Then Jack decided to leave and Aria decided to torture herself by working out. She wanted to take her mind off of him Andy.

Me: I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Maya: Andy, she needed Jack this whole time. Whatever she didn't tell us, is staying between the both of them. But once she realized he left, she felt like she had no one anymore. No one to comfort her. No one to take care of her. No one to protect her. So, she decided to do what she thought was best for her and her body and that's to work out. It's just how our dad taught us.

Me: So, you're saying that Jack leaving was bad?

Maya: Yeah basically. She's back to her younger self. Completely on fight mode. She's working out to get her mind off of things. Just like what our dad told us to do when we would get distracted. 

Me: Maya I'm scared that something bad is gonna happen. If she keeps working out and not eating she could get hurt. Do you think she'll open up to us?

Maya: I can try, but if it doesn't work I don't want to push her as much so she doesn't go and keep to herself again. We do need to help her with her hand though. I've seen it, it's bad. She might've managed to clean it up, but it looks bad.

Me: I agree. We can't do it while she's sleeping though.

She nodded and we both made our way out of the locker room, giving Aria some time to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 155 9
Mason Bishop and his girlfriend had a baby boy while they were homeless and still doing drugs. As they love drugs more then they took you to statio...
106K 3.2K 39
POV: Maya Bishop (from Station 19) has been dealing with an eating disorder, even though she lets people think she is fine; she clearly isn't. The on...
52.8K 1.5K 41
Maya and Carina have gone through many challenging events throughout their life, but what happens when they lose someone they didn't expect? 1/17/22...
8.4K 186 20
Maya has just started working at Station 19 as a probie. What will happen she finds love, and is reunited with an important someone from her past?