Empress Dosha

By zainab_dauda

"No one loves or cares about me. I am after all, the cursed child." She whispered to herself. Leaving the hig... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Goin' on a break!!!!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Apologies 🙃🙏
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-I
Chapter 31-II
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 38

147 18 34
By zainab_dauda

TaqabbalallAllahu minna wa minkum
Eid Mubarak to my lovely brothers and sisters.
May Allah bless you all, grant your heart desires and accept your fast, ibadah and du'as. Aameen.

It felt like yesterday when I said I was going for a break, alhamdulillah for life.

An update! This chapter is long. I don't know why but I just kept typing and typing and typing. I had to erase many things. I hope you like this one.

'Whispering' 😶‍🌫️ This chapter contains some 'scenes' 🤫
If you know what I mean.
Not rated stuff o 🙃🙃

Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the weirdest dream ever." Dosha mumbled stifling a laugh, careful not to wake who was sleeping close to her.

How could she have beat him up? Well, to think of it, it's still a dream. She could recall it as it replayed vividly in her head. She and Rashid engaging in a physical combat, she beat him to the sand, even though the fight wasn't that serious. He crawled away in a bid to flee but the environment changed. He was speaking to her but his words were gibberish and she understood it, but couldn't recall in reality. To top it all, she was taller than him in the dream.

What got her more was the combat they had. What could have led to that? It was funny though. Ali, his 'sworn enemy' was cheering her on. She shook it off as it was still a dream.

She looked back at his sleeping face and position with her. A hand of his thrown over her waist and a heavy leg on her's; so heavy. With much struggle, she wiggled her leg out of the weight. He was in a lower position as his face was just above her bust, his breathings going down her chest.

She couldn't remember sleeping this way, she could recall dozing off as he helped arranged the papers scattered on the bed. Maybe he corrected it. She felt like she was cradling a baby.

She gazed onto his face adoringly, her fingers roaming across his face to his curls. This man has every right in him to be handsome, from his thick brows to his lashes. It was sort of impossible for her to think straight in this compromising manner with him. It's like a possession. Whenever she wanted a serious talk, she totally avoids it. And he was kind enough to understand. Sometimes, he uses it against her, he'll cut her off by saying he understands, which he did and just to cut her explanation short.

Those were the times he just wanted to be alone, she learnt it was a sacred time for him which he cherishes. Sometimes he'll want a conversation with her, she never forgets he likes her speaking up. He'll be overweighed from the day's stress and just wanted to be alone, she frequently came around and it ended with arguments on two occasions. She yapped on telling him she was his wife and was there for him whenever he was exhausted, why would he seclude himself whenever he was tired for the day? He took that to thought and eventually stopped the act and confessed to her that it really helped him.

There was a huge difference between him wanting to be alone and when he was overweighed from the stress and wanted to be alone.

She also had her mood change when she might be everything at the same time or just be anything, clingy, irritated, annoyed for no reason, cheerful, or just wanted to be alone from prying eyes, even his; she sketches unimaginably whenever the last one occurs. She becomes teasing and blunt at times. All thanks to his royal highnesses influence.

He'd told her that he was never a shy person, even as a kid. He'd asked his parents impossible questions for a child like him. And they always answered in the positive with different answers even though their facial expressions were otherwise. But his naive self never understood.

There was this urge in her to get him raw and it increased the more she looked at him. He stirred in his sleep which got her more on edge and to top it all, he was shirtless. She traced his face, unknowingly licking her lips and the next moment she was grazing her teeth on his ear going a bit extreme at the lobe. He released a harsh breath from his sleep, tightening the hold over her waist which got her gazing back to his face, mostly his supple li_

She was being shameless. The sleeping man doesn't know what he was doing. She knew she was never like this and it worsened. He'd truly succeeded in rubbing off her chaste self into a soiled one as he once told her she'll stop being shy around him.

She trailed her fingers down his shoulder to elbow and back continuously. He released another breath accompanied with a soft groan and she withdrew her hand.

"Why'd you stop?" He grumbled, placing her hand back on his arm.

His voice got her. She repeated the words 'calm down' in her head as it took a huge self-control to not do what was on her mind. She traced them back and forth. He slowly opened his eyes and shut them back, then pried the left one open followed by the right one. His groggy eyes stared at her and he grinned.

"Your eyes speak harassment," He muttered. She got no reply for that as she just showed him her frontal dentition. "How possessed are you?"

"You wouldn't want to know what I am thinking right now." She answered in a luring voice.

He didn't miss the glint in her eyes, "I want to know."

Her fingers went around his neck to his ear, "Then you should find out."

Her eyes tempted, her voice tempted, her fingers tempted, everything tempted in that moment. "How's your headache?" He changed the topic because anything could happen. Her body said it all.

"Headache?"

"Yes."

She made her realisation gasp, chuckling, "I am better now, thank you."

"Good. Don't do that again." He said.

"I promise I won't. Did you rest well? I mean, are you relieved from all the stress?" Her voice was concerning which he loved.

"I was doing so not until a certain wife of mine was all out on me."

She blushed a bit, "Please be serious." She pestered.

"Okay. I am almost relieved of them." He muttered.

"Tell me."

"We might've missed those men, you know. The outcome was my worry. And a thing like that means a very huge battle." He confessed.

"Don't speak of battle in that manner. It isn't something small. I have experienced a few of them and witnessed the outcomes. It is so easy to say it but one might not know the end of it. It is a good thing you caught those men. Praise God," He smiled at her words, which encouraged him, kissing the back of her hand. She peeled a grin, "Do you know the Jarawa King?"

The worry on his face was no longer there, "I do. The young him who was taller than me although we were the same age. I can't remember his name. It was seventeen years ago, when my father had a meeting with his father concerning this slave trade matter."

She scoffed in a laughable way, "I think this is a generational thing. Is a 'no' something so hard he can't understand?"

He sighed, "I tell you, I have lost count of the letters I sent him regarding his proposals. I can't just sell my people to a foreign land all in the name of money and fame, I can never do that." A closed portion of her mind from the past slightly opened itself, she just let it slide. He might've noticed it as his expression softened.

"By just mentioning this Kingdom's name alone, hundreds of Kingdom's knows it."

He nodded, "I have a feeling he isn't working alone, and can be so big headed enough to listen to whoever's advice it was that brought this idea."

"It might be a traitor." She pointed out.

"I wouldn't be surprised." He chortled.

"What are you going to do about the bandits?"

"For now, they should be held captive. The Jarawa King I know will send a letter."

She scowled, "I don't know him yet but he has a disgusting courage. The guts to send them and still send a letter."

He laughed a little, "Yes. I just hope he wouldn't thread past this particular event and go deeper for it." He moistened his lips which got her gazing at it.

'This is it!' She hummed softly, "You feel tense," Those words alone wiped a portion of his worries, "Permit me to ease the tension." She added, eyes locked with his as she swiped down his arm to his fingers. She brought his hand to her lips, kissing his index and middle finger passionately.

"Granted." He gulped, eyes threading to the scission in her chest and back to her dark brown orbs.

Dosha smirked, tugging him closer, sealing her lips with his. It was long and slow, stealing the breath in him, he didn't see that coming and prepared himself to be surprised for more. A sweet shrill in his spine, he tightened the hold around her waist feeling her heated body against his, letting her do her deed. Nibbling on his lips, she glided further in, exploring, her delicate fingers running over his chest, feeling the rush of his heartbeat, she smiled against him to which he deepened, a low rumble in his chest and a sharp exhale. It went on for a while.

They gazed at each other's flushed face, heavy breathing breaking through their lips and she smiled, a unique one. Her eyes told him to expect more. She placed a quick one on his lips and went further down to his neck. He jerked as her lips collided with his throat, and the next moment, she was straddling him, a dark gaze in her eyes as she pushed her hair backwards, her body bounced with the movement sending sweet sensations within him. She did a deep suction and kisses on his throat, trailing up to the side of his neck and ear, nibbling on his lobes.

A groan escaped his lips as she seductively bit him, with her fingers roaming his sides, she returned to his lips. He held her waist, pulling her closer as the euphoria hit them, her body shaking at it's own accord. He could feel where this was leading to and the next moment wouldn't be certain. She had him at the brink. His self-control were ticking.

He held her arm, a way to tell her to halt and she did, "There is more time tonight, my Queen." He said.

She sat straight, "But you don't look it."

"Do I have to?"

Her brows knotted, "What do you mean?"

"No, no no. Don't take any meaning to it. I just said there's more time tonight, that's all. You have to let go of this doubt you have."

"I just asked what you meant, Rashid."

"Do not play me this way. I know you well enough."

She held his hand, "I am amazed. You know what I think without saying or not but I am still figuring you out."

He smiled, "It isn't fair right?" She smacked his hand, "You know something, once I get close to someone, like really close, I just get to know the person's thinking, mindset, character and almost everything about the person. The same happened with you." He caught her blushing. "Don't worry, with time you'll figure me too."

"You know a confession? You are the only person who is like that with me. Even my uncle finds it hard, and I get angry with him for not being able to understand what I feel and want at times."

"And that is why you should speak up. You know I love it. Say what you want and feel. Not only you, but the women in my life are like these."

She laughed, "I don't have a say on that one. But am I really doubtful?"

"No. You're not really doubtful. But you have doubt within you and you should control it whenever you are with me." He replied, his hands going up her exposed knee to her thigh. "So as I was saying, there'll be more time tonight. Better even."

"Stop it." She whispered, gently pushing his hand away, barely looking at him.

He chortled, "Acting all innocent, hmm!?"

She caught his eyes, a thought running in her mind, "No....I am just worried if there wouldn't be any barriers tonight."

His brows shot up, "Barriers?"

She smiled, shrugging at him; a look he knew too well on her face. He studied her, "Huh!?....Wait....don't tell me...." He paused, knotting his brows, "But you don't have it two times in a month right?" He could feel his heart drop. She kept smiling, which irked him.

"No," She placed her hands on his chest, smoothening them, his eyes screamed for her to explain. "You know it came the day you travelled."

He nodded, "And naturally it must've been over since last week."

"Mmm-hm, but the days prolonged itself, maybe due to the change of environment and weather conditions. I don't know. It came throughout last week."

"And?"

She laughed, "Calm down, King. It stopped the day before and it came a bit yesterday, hopefully it wouldn't come again today."

"Are you sure?"

She paused, registering his face, running her tongue over her teeth, "You'll find out by the end of today."

His eyes travelled to her figure, "Mmmmm. But it wasn't like this before right?"

She shook her head, "Like I said, weather conditions, environments and the likes. It has happened once though, when I travelled back to my Kingdom. I am telling you so you wouldn't be disappointed." She sensed the worry in his voice. "Thanks." She wanted coming off him but was pulled back.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"I thought so." She smiled triumphantly.

"You are getting worse."

"All thanks to you, your highness." She chuckled.

"Again, where are you going?" He pulled her down.

"It is noon already. The weather is getting hotter."

"Or you are." He hummed, placing a playful pinch on her thigh.

She gasped softly, gazing at his lips, "It might rain tonight." She said softly.

"Which will be good." He muttered, "One more time." He added, gently tugging at her bottom lip.

It was noon already, so they said their prayers.

"Come, I want to show you something." She began as they concluded their prayers.

"What is it?" He got a stink eye in reply. "Okay, let's go."

She led him to her yard, where she kept her frames revealing one which was covered with a white cloth.

It was an exact replica of the palace's magnificent gate and walls, starting from the wide pathway and the grasses on the sides, the sun rising on the horizon. It was beautiful and the frame was very big.

She caught him staring at it with lips parted slightly, a smile forming up on his face and he ran his fingers on it, feeling the roughness, he looked back at her, "I can picture myself walking down this frame. It looks so real. When did you start this?"

"Since I arrived here and I finished it three days after you left. Is it beautiful?" Dosha questioned.

"It is not just beautiful, my Queen. This is huge, and real," He still looked speechless. "What do you say about we putting it in the throne room?" He asked, grinning at her.

She gasped, "Ah, thank you so much. I was thinking the same thing. It will look so good and royal behind us right?"

"Yes it will," He glanced at it once more then back at her, "Can I see your hands?" She forwarded it to him, "I appreciate these hands of your's, they are not just beautiful, they have reality and sureness in them. Do not loose this gift, even for me. It must've been hard finding the right colour and charcoal to use."

"It wasn't that hard. I had the help of my maids, your men, your siblings and my personal guard also."

"They knew about this?"

She shook her head, "No. No one else knows aside from me, and you are the first I am showing this."

"A whole month with you and I didn't get to see a glimpse of this."

"Because I hid it well. Trust your Queen on this." She winked at him, surprising him yet again.

He turned to the painting in a bid to hide a shy smile, but she'd seen it already, "It is beautiful. I adore it already."

"Thank you." She appreciated, continuing to add some touches to the painting as they spoke about random things. She offered him to sit on a stool beside her but he politely declined.

"You know, I was thinking something, about these bandits at hand," He urged her to continue, "What if, all these is a setup? They've planned all these well and just waiting for a time to just attack?"

His brows shot up in agreement with her, "You are right. But he wouldn't just send his men to death in the name of a plan."

She turned to him, "Are you forgetting people pledge loyalty to death? We have them here, you know. There might be spies in this palace." She lowered her voice.

He hummed, "That would be the last thing on my mind concerning this."

"There might be people who trailed to you here. Their leader might be in the cell you pull them. That you people killed the empty-headed ones." Her eyes scanned the yard.

"Your theory is making me assume wild things right now." He said. She got a hidden message, he wanted her to stop talking about it.

"I just assumed." She shrugged.

"Which is making me think wildly."

"If you don't talk about this now, when are you going to?" She felt she was adding more than it was already.

He sighed, "I will really appreciate it if we don't talk about this again. For now." He finally said it.

"Don't feel guilty thinking you've led them here. And also it was just an assumption, we don't know if it is true or not." She said, dusting her hand and walked away from there to where her pets were.

"Which might be true." He mumbled, watching her do her deeds with the animals. He just said that to cut the conversation as the more she spoke, the more he thought wildly about it. He needed time to think it through. Truthfully, he wouldn't have thought that far from the present. How did she even bring up the assumption? He now confirmed she had wide imaginations to different things. His mother had said that. This is one of the reasons he would proudly say he wasn't wrong choosing her as a wife and Queen, and he wouldn't risk anything to loose her. She will be of huge help in both public and private matters. He wouldn't be wrong in including her and her ideas in court matters.

"And now you're smiling." Her face came to view.

"Aren't I allowed to?"

"Your expression was otherwise moments ago. I thought I had offended you by saying that. I guess I was wrong." She came back and sat on the stool.

"And now you're stoic. Why will you think you offend me?"

She shrugged, "You look like it. You even told me to stop talking."

He sighed, almost laughing, "You take my expressions to heart too much. I wasn't offended, infact I was amazed how you thought that far and brought up the idea. You might be right, or not. But the odds are inconclusive," He saw her peeling a little smile, "It is so smart of you bringing up that assumption. I am proud. So to be conscious, extra securities will be added to those men and around the palace." He added.

"Thank you." She smiled, gladdened that he took thought of her assumption and brought up his own idea of security.

"And I said we should not talk about that for now. I didn't say you should keep quiet, and it looks like we have concluded the matter."

"Yes we have and...." A loud horn interrupted, "What is that?" She asked, eyes widening in alert. He stared at her a little and began laughing, "Why are you laughing? I asked a question!" She hissed.

"Wait....wait. Wait, it's nothing. This isn't an alarm, this one is used for when we have people arriving or visitors." She exhaled heavy, "You got scared, thinking that...."

"Yes. Stop laughing!" She shot at him. He apologised, quitting the laughter, but the smug smile was still there, "But who could that be? Or they?" He shrugged, taking a look at her other paintings.

"Yaya!" A voice screeched from his side. The owner of the voice appeared, which belonged to Hibba, "Yaya!" She called again, whisking her way to them, almost running, "Sirika, Yaya, you wouldn't believe who just arrived?" She interrupted before they asked, "Magajiya's children, our cousins Adamu and Audu." She squealed.

"Really!?" Rashid asked.

Hibba rolled her eyes, "Would I lie about that?"

"So this is the best time they could come back home. After everything."

"That is something you should ask them. They might have their reasons." Hibba replied, "By the way, this painting is so beautiful, Sirika. I like it." She complimented, inspecting it. "Let me leave you two for now. They are expecting you, mostly the Queen. Sai kun fito (Till you come over)." She waved, making her way out of their presence.

"Magajiya has children?" Dosha broke the silence.

"Yes she does. She didn't tell you?"

"You didn't tell me!" She exclaimed, making her way to the room to change.

"Be fast about it." He said after her, not in the mood for her mood change in that moment. He also went to his chamber.

The first thing she sighted as they approached were two young men who were recieving greetings from almost everyone who sighted them. Mere looking at them, she could point the older and younger one. One was light skinned and the other darker, they were also tall. Gaddo announced their entrance.

The men smiled dearly at them. The greetings and introductions were made, they spoke well and had good etiquettes. Adamu the older one bowed slightly to her, he was just mere inches taller than his younger brother, he had the light skin, a male replica of Magajiya. As she imagined, they took their mother's eyes. His eyes were light in colour coupled with thick eyebrows and lashes. Audu the younger brother, had the darker skin, he looked like his father with a touch of his mother's nose, his eyes weren't an exception, they looked transparent whenever they dart. She acknowledged their greetings. They were both fine young men.

A squeal resonated from a far distance, "My sons! You've arrived!" Magajiya's voice rang, as she matched, heading to her sons.

They both chorused a greeting to her, smiling, going on their knees to greet her.

"No no no. Get up." She ordered, engulfing them both in bone crushing hug. She was on the verge of tears, having seen her children, they were her soul. After a very long hug, she released them caressing their faces. "I've missed you so much. Let's go to your rooms, it has always been prepared for both of you. You two must be very tired. Everyone should get rest for now. Let me settle my children." Magajiya added, walking away her sons.

"You heard the caretaker, everyone should take rest." Rashid said emphasing the 'rest' word. He seriously doesn't want to do anything at the moment.

But the mischievous wife of his didn't let him, as she dragged him to his mother's and sibling's respective chambers.

There was this look on his face and he was quick to end a conversation but she brought another up again.

"Zan rama (I'll take my revenge)." He'd whispered to her.

He had a satisfied look and she, a dreadful one when they sighted some council men, they headed to a meeting room which he pulled her along. Her face was grim and he always asked her opinion in every talk. The men perceived a thick air and quickly ended the conversations.

As they made their way back, she didn't spare him a look and took another route. He smiled in her direction, letting her be as he learnt Binta came to see her.

~~~~~~

The rain poured heavily, splattering on the sandy earth, no wind to push it around as it flowed freely. He vividly remembered her squealing and giving him an 'I told you so' look when the thunder resonated. They had reconciled by then.

It was night time and the lightening from above aided them in vision. Her wishes were coming through that night and she made sure he was part of it. She'd told him she loves the rain.

She pulled back, looking at him, batting her lashes off the water, "You know, prayers made during rainfall are answered. Let us stay a bit longer and pray for now and the future." She placed a soaked sleeve on his shoulder.

He didn't imagine himself doing this, totally. He gazed at her, the lightening shining quickly, "It is true. But after this, we are going in. I don't want to risk a cold for both of us." She shook vigorously from happiness and began the deed. He also followed course.

She looked at him again after the prayers done, her eyes wanting to plead with him to stay longer, "No no no no no no. I won't agree with this. We are clearly soaked to the bone. I barely see you right now." She grumbled, pulling away from him in a bid to get away, before she could think of it, she was over his shoulder. "Playing in the rain? Really?" He shook his head, already making his way in. He heard her saying something about she succeeding in making him carry her, "You are unbelievable. I don't have time for this." He put her back down, pulling her along with him with much struggle till there were into the dryness. "Stop it!" He grumbled, closing the door. He turned back to her, accessing her wet form from head to toe. She stood like a child who was being scolded, "You're being playful tonight and...." She cut him off by closing the gap between them, pulling him down, capturing her lips with his in a searing kiss.

She pulled away, blinking innocently at him, smiled and walked further in the room to her dressing room. He watched her go, eyeing the gown that gummed like a second skin on her. She left him speechless. The cold from his wet clothe tickled him, but what she just did brought the heat up.

He trailed her wet footprints to the dressing area, seeing she was already in a wrapper, "Come help me with my hair." She said, forwarding a dry cloth to him. He nodded, peeling off his wet shirt and motioned for her to sit in front of the mirror.

Their gazes collided through the mirror many times, the need to say something hanging in the air, "Just say what you want to say, Rashid." She broke the silence.

He hummed happily, "I am amazed and glad that the woman of three years ago in sitting right in front of me. I can hold her hands freely without any qualms when I couldn't three years ago. I can look at her with no questions asked, stare at the beautiful tattoo on her neck and even clean her hair without her getting angry. I can call her mine because she is my wife. I wouldn't risk anything to loose her." He confessed, winking at her through the mirror.

She blushed hard, her cheeks hurting from the heat in them, "It is real. Believe it and it will last long."

"How long?"

"Forever, my King. Forever." She said the later words in Warji, placing her hand on his arm as appreciation, "Which language do you think they should speak?"

The question caught him off guard, "Who?" He asked confusedly.

"Our children, of course." He gasped shortly, a hearty laughter emitting from him.

He began combing her hair, still smiling, "Both Hausa and Warji. And many more they could learn."

They hummed in blissfulness as the rain kept on hitting loudly. The night was still young and there was something else calling in their body, a feeling they were both gradually getting familiar with.

She took notice of his signs as he purposely brushed the tips of the comb on the back of her neck, claiming to detangle the damp strands as he combed. She snatched the comb from him, eyeing him playfully as a knowing smile played on his lips. In return, she earned a light spank on her rear from him. She felt like melting away from that one gesture and in other to get away from his sight, she ran to the other parts of the chamber, his loud laughter echoing after her as she ran off. He let her be.

But she couldn't hide away for the rest of the night, knowing both she and him needed to get enough of each other for that rainy and lovely night.

~~~~~~~~

'Clears throat' Hinata is speechless.

A name a special friend of mine gave me.

Reasons is that he finally saw a lady who is an anime fan.

If you are an anime fan, you'll know who Hinata is.

Not an Utako yet, but aiming to be one. I hope I got the spelling right.

I hope you liked the update. Don't forget to vote.

You guys should please take me to a thousand votes.

Bye bye 👋 and have a blessed Eid. 😉😉

   Zainab 🖤

Peace out ✌️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 27.3K 45
#11 in What's hot list so far 20/07/2018. Thank you so much my beautiful readers. A simple middle class girl who lost both of her parents..and there'...
4.3K 410 24
Forced to marry her childhood crush after she just found her true love, how will zahra cope with this. ABEG JUST READ TO FIND OUT. I'm bad at descrip...
92.7K 9K 59
BASED ON A HAUSA LIFESTYLE Follow Manal through her journey as she moves to a new city to begin a new phase of her life, only to innocently Involve...
4.4K 475 17
"Listen to me Qurratul Ayn, before you go, I want to know; did I ever offend you? Is my love for you too little?" I can feel his hand hovering over m...