A crowd of evil spirits line...

Oleh kipziart

novel updates pickup. I'll add all the chapters don't worry. Since childhood, Gu Wuji regularly encountered g... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
138

Chapter 15

36 1 0
Oleh kipziart

"What happened?" Gu Wuji felt somewhat surprised and looked at Peng Haocang.

"After waking up, I saw their bodies. They were all chopped into pieces," Peng Haocang explained. He wanted to express that he and Gu Wuji were on the same side, so he shared the information. "Because both the waitress and Xiaoxin had contact with the ghost baby last night... So Sun Shi and Wang Ge suspect it's related to the ghost baby."

Wang Ge was previously Peng Haocang's roommate.

Gu Wuji thought for a moment and then spoke, "That's impossible." He hardly hesitated, "Although the child is a ghost, they aren't a malevolent spirit. How could they randomly do something like this?"

"I agree," Peng Haocang said, even though he felt that Gu Wuji was overly lenient toward the ghost baby. But outwardly, he had to support him. "However, Sun Shi and Wang Ge might be under too much stress. They even suspect you... and are unwilling to come over."

"It's unavoidable." Gu Wuji didn't have any other thoughts about this. He had experienced situations like this since childhood, where people around him would leave out of fear. It was just normal behavior.

"But maybe I can find a way to do something," Gu Wuji said thoughtfully, preparing to use his ghost-controlling abilities. "I just need to try it in a place where no one is around."

Peng Haocang was intrigued; it seemed like Gu Wuji was about to pull out something big. He quickly responded, "Then go to an empty room nearby. I'll keep watch outside."

Touched by Peng Haocang's kindness, Gu Wuji looked at him gratefully. He truly seemed like a good person.

As Gu Wuji entered the room alone, he closed the door and held his breath. He began sensing the lost souls and wandering ghosts around him.

However, he furrowed his brow.

It wasn't because there were too many ghosts nearby; that was normal in a supernatural scenario. What shocked Gu Wuji was how few ghosts there were. It was as if something more terrifying had devoured them all.

"Hopefully, Xiaoxin wasn't that unlucky, her soul being devoured right after death," Gu Wuji murmured. Yes, he was looking for Xiaoxin's soul. He wasn't sure how strong her grudge was or if it would exceed his control.

But luck seemed to be on his side this time. He quickly sensed Xiaoxin's ghost, filled with confusion and unaware of how she died.

These low-level souls didn't have much information, but they retained the most vivid impression from their last moments. However, since they lacked specific thoughts, they couldn't reveal the identity of the killer.

This knowledge came naturally to Gu Wuji after gaining his abilities.

Summoning Xiaoxin's soul, Gu Wuji instructed her to lower her head. He gently touched her forehead, attempting to access her memory fragments using the same method he'd used with other spirits.

The process went smoothly.

In Gu Wuji's mind, several scenes appeared—the same ones from yesterday in front of the bathroom. People gathered around the faucet, and Gu Wuji even saw himself.

"But it can't be that her most vivid memory after death is related to this faucet," Gu Wuji muttered. He didn't consider whether Xiaoxin might have a psychological trauma from being scared by the ghost baby. After all, he believed that a normal adult wouldn't be frightened by a child.

The subsequent scene played out exactly as it did yesterday. When Xiaoxin was frightened by the ghost baby and tried to leave in panic, her gaze suddenly fell on the mirror in front of her.

In the mirror, she saw the figure beside her.

No, that... was no longer human.

...

Gu Wuji opened his eyes; Xiaoxin's soul had departed.

He recalled the scene he'd just witnessed, his expression growing more serious. He quickly walked outside, pulling the door open.

"How did it go?" Peng Haocang asked, concerned. This was a matter of life and death for him.

"What about Wang Ge?"

"He left with Sun Shi." Peng Haocang realized something and shivered. He quickly focused on the crucial point. "Is something wrong with Wang Ge?"

"No, it's Sun Shi." Gu Wuji realized he had been careless. Although they were in a supernatural world, he hadn't paid much attention to his roommate. It was partly because of his unique perception...

Peng Haocang looked at Gu Wuji in surprise. After all, Gu Wuji had been with Sun Shi in the same room for days, yet he still seemed lively.

But considering how well Gu Wuji interacted with the ghost baby, perhaps Sun Shi didn't dare to provoke him initially.

"Initially, he was probably still human," Gu Wuji furrowed his brows.

Gu Wuji had just realized how Sun Shi might have become a ghost. It was likely that when Sun Shi opened the door that day, he unknowingly allowed a possession to occur. Perhaps the ghost had taken advantage of the opportunity.

"Sun Shi might have been human at first," Gu Wuji said, his expression serious. "But what happened afterward?"

Peng Haocang was genuinely impressed by Gu Wuji's acting skills and character. If he didn't know Gu Wuji's true identity, he would suspect that Gu Wuji was the malevolent spirit infiltrating their group of players. Gu Wuji seemed too natural in this supernatural setting.

However, how was Gu Wuji planning to get the old woman away from her seat?

Soon, Peng Haocang would find out Gu Wuji's approach.

Gu Wuji leaned over the counter and whispered a few instructions to the ghost baby. Then he sat down, sipping his tea. The ghost baby disappeared subtly, and the old woman seemed to suddenly realize something. She stood up and headed toward the exit.

Peng Haocang was shocked. Could this really work? Letting one ghost handle another—Gu Wuji's ingenuity knew no bounds!

"Quick," Gu Wuji urged. Both of them hurried to the front desk.

Peng Haocang frantically opened several drawers, searching for the locked one. But as he did so, footsteps approached—the old woman was returning.

"Damn it," Peng Haocang broke into a cold sweat. Although he could pick locks, it still took time. At this rate, they wouldn't open the drawer before she returned.

"No time," Gu Wuji's voice echoed.

Peng Haocang hadn't even processed it when Gu Wuji delivered a powerful punch to the lock.

The entire counter shook, and people in the lobby were slightly alarmed. The oblivious waitress continued her work.

The lock... was broken.

Gu Wuji had forcefully cracked open the drawer, revealing a bunch of keys inside.

Peng Haocang stared, dumbfounded. He finally understood how Gu Wuji had deduced that the third-floor door required a key. If he didn't know Gu Wuji's real-world identity, he'd think Gu Wuji was an infiltrating ghost himself! How could he figure this out so quickly?

If it weren't for the fact that he knew Gu Wuji was a good person, Peng Haocang would suspect he was the malevolent spirit among them. Gu Wuji seemed more normal than Sun Shi by comparison.

Now, how would Gu Wuji get Wang Ge away from his seat?

Peng Haocang was about to find out.

Gu Wuji instructed Peng Haocang to engage the waitress while he dealt with Wang Ge. Wang Ge, still unaware, sat chatting with Sun Shi.

Peng Haocang didn't care about Wang Ge anymore; he just hoped Wang Ge's death wouldn't strengthen the ghost's power. Meanwhile, Gu Wuji had already disappeared. Soon, he reappeared from the kitchen, cradling the ghost baby.

Peng Haocang's jaw dropped. Was it his imagination, or did Gu Wuji now act like he owned the place? And the ghost baby seemed even more innocent, almost cute. Was it trying to win Gu Wuji's favor?

Impossible! Peng Haocang had never heard of a malevolent ghost having positive feelings toward players. But looking at Gu Wuji, he wavered.

Gu Wuji walked straight to the table, rapping his knuckles on it. Wang Ge jumped, annoyed. "What do you want?"

"Go ask the waitress what's available today. Keep her busy," Gu Wuji ordered.

"Why should I?" Wang Ge was wary of Gu Wuji now and refused to comply.

"Go or prepare to die," Gu Wuji said coldly, placing the ghost baby right in front of Wang Ge. His eyes bore into Wang Ge.

Wang Ge, convinced that the ghost baby was the root of all problems, nearly wet himself. He quickly stood up and rushed to the waitress, who was still oblivious to everything.

Peng Haocang marveled at Gu Wuji's acting and character. If he didn't know better, he'd think Gu Wuji was a seasoned actor who had infiltrated their group. But how would Gu Wuji get the old woman away from her seat?

Suddenly, Gu Wuji's next move surprised everyone. He punched the lock, breaking it open. Peng Haocang was in awe. Gu Wuji's resourcefulness was unmatched!

As they retrieved the keys, the old woman returned. Gu Wuji's plan had worked flawlessly. Now, they had to open the third-floor room before nightfall, or they'd all die.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

18.4K 2.9K 30
عائلة سعيدة تنهار في لحظة غضب وغيرة وجنون وتفقد سعادتها اثر ظروف مستعجلة وغريبة
11.5K 943 8
البيت أظلم وبس گلوب واحد مشتغل وضعيف وگوة اشوف عبرت الدرج صعدت جبت القفل أفتح باب الغرفة خليت المفتاح بالباب حسيت واحد واگف وراي ! التفتت ماشفت شيء...
244K 10.9K 64
Saving the Tragic Adonis 拯救美强惨反派[穿书] Author(s) Dōng Fāng Huáng Guā 东方黄瓜 Status in COO 63 Chapters + 1 Extra (Completed) Description Shu Ning read the...
99.6K 2.9K 44
Anna was a complete mess when her mom died. She became a clam and suicidal. After an attempt on her life, sixteen year old Anna is sent to an instit...