The Billionaire's Offer

By CelesteABrook

[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] After seeing the women's shelter she worked hard to build burn down to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 37

848 87 22
By CelesteABrook

Emma

My eyelids flutter open, and I'm immediately met with the harsh glare of fluorescent lights above me.

The sudden brightness makes me squint, trying to shield my eyes from the overwhelming glare.

As my vision adjusts, I become aware of the sterile scent of antiseptic that permeates the air, mingling with the soft hum of a piece of equipment.

Slowly, the haze of unconsciousness lifts, and I find myself lying in a hospital bed.

Panic flares briefly as I struggle to recall how I ended up here, but then a familiar figure comes into focus beside me.

Relief floods through me as I recognize my brother Aiden, his face etched with concern and relief.

"Emma, you're awake!" Aiden's voice cuts through the fog of confusion, his words a soothing balm to my disoriented mind. I try to respond, but my throat feels dry and scratchy, making it difficult to form coherent words.

Noticing my discomfort, Aiden reaches for a glass of water on the bedside table, his movements gentle and reassuring. He helps me take small sips, easing the dryness in my throat and allowing me to speak again.

"Where... where am I?" My voice is barely a whisper, barely audible even to my ears. The events leading up to this moment feel like fragmented pieces of a puzzle, scattered and disconnected in my mind.

"You're in the hospital, Em. You passed out, but the doctors say you're going to be okay. Let me call the nurses."Aiden's hand rests reassuringly on mine as he explains, his voice steady despite the underlying worry.

As he pushes a button to summon the nurses, I nod slowly, trying to piece together the memories that flit through my mind like elusive shadows.

Before I can dwell on those harrowing memories, a knock on the door interrupts our conversation, and a nurse enters the room. Her friendly smile and calming presence ease some of the tension that has gripped me since waking up.

"Hello, I'm Tina," she introduces herself, her voice warm and reassuring. "I'm here to check your vitals and make sure everything's stable. How are you feeling, Emma?"

Her kindness is a welcome contrast to the sterile environment of the hospital room. "I'm... okay," I reply weakly, offering her a faint smile.

"That's great to hear." She finishes her assessment, her professional demeanor putting me at ease. "Your doctor will be in shortly to talk to you," she informs me before leaving the room.

As the door closes behind her, Aiden settles back into the chair beside my bed, his eyes filled with concern. "Em, sweetheart," he begins, his voice soft yet steady. "Do you remember what happened?"

The floodgates of memory open as if on cue, and I remember the terrifying events with startling clarity. "Zack... he kidnapped me," I say, my voice trembling with residual fear. "Asher came to rescue me, but then there was a gunshot, and everything went black."

Aiden's expression softens, but there's a steely resolve in his gaze. "It was a chaotic scene. Zack had a gun. Asher tried to protect you, but he got hurt..."

"What?" Tears start streaming down my face as the fear and helplessness of that moment wash over me once more. "Where is he? I need to see him! Is he going to be okay?"

Aiden's expression falters momentarily before he regains his composure. "He's in surgery, Emma. The doctors are doing everything they can. We just have to wait."

Desperation surges through me, and I try to sit up. My movements are frantic, and my vision is blurred, but I need to do something. An imperative need to see Asher floods my senses, but soon the room starts spinning, and I need to take a deep breath to steady myself.

"Em, you need to stay still." Aiden gently eases me back down, his eyes filled with concern. "Asher's strong. He'll pull through."

Tears blur my vision as I lie back, the weight of uncertainty pressing down on me like a physical force. "I can't lose him, Aiden," I whisper brokenly.

Aiden's grip on my hand tightens, his own eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "Don't think like that, Em," he urges me softly. "Asher's a fighter. He won't give up, and neither should we."

The room falls into a heavy silence, the weight of our shared fears hanging between us. Then, a sudden thought pierces through the turmoil in my mind.

"Oh, my God! Where's Zack?" The question bursts out of me.

Aiden's expression hardens, and he meets my gaze with a firm resolve. "Zack is dead, Emma," he says quietly. "You're finally safe. Forever."

Shock washes over me, a tidal wave of conflicting emotions crashing through my already tumultuous thoughts.

Relief floods in first as a weight I've been carrying is lifted from my shoulders. Zack's reign of terror is over. It seems too good to be true.

But then guilt creeps in–guilt for feeling relieved at someone's death, even if that someone had caused me so much pain.

"I... I don't know how to feel," I admit, my voice barely above a whisper. "Part of me is glad he can't hurt me or anyone else, but another part is..." I trail off, unable to articulate the jumble of emotions inside me.

Aiden's hand tightens around mine, offering silent understanding and support. "It's okay, Emma," he says softly. "You don't have to figure it all out right now. Just focus on getting better and being there for Asher."

His words are a lifeline in the sea of emotions threatening to overwhelm me. The conflicting feelings may not resolve themselves immediately, but knowing that Zack can never hurt me again is a slight comfort amidst the chaos.

Just as I'm about to ask more about Asher's condition, the door opens once again, and a man in a white coat enters the room. My attention shifts to him, and I manage a weak smile as he introduces himself.

"Hello, Emma" He gives me a warm smile. "I'm Dr. Louis Nunan."

"Hello, doctor," I whisper.

Dr. Nunan checks my chart, his expression focused yet compassionate. "You gave us quite a scare there, young lady. How are you feeling?"

I take a moment to gather my thoughts. "I'm... a bit disoriented, but I think I'm okay."

The doctor nods, his gaze kind. "I have some important information to discuss with you," Dr. Nunan began, his voice steady but filled with empathy. "The police will arrive soon to talk to you about everything, but before that, there are some medical matters we need to address."

Concern flashes in Aiden's eyes. "Will she be alright, doctor?"

"Yes. With rest and proper care, she'll be okay." Dr. Nunan offers us a reassuring smile. "You had a mild concussion, Emma. While it's not too serious, we'll need to monitor you for a while to ensure a smooth recovery."

My mind races with questions, but one thought overrides all others. "What about Asher?" I ask, unable to hide how worried I am.

The doctor's expression softens. "Asher is still in surgery. He sustained a serious injury, but our team is doing everything possible to stabilize him."

Tears well up in my eyes, my heart heavy with fear. "Can I see him, please?"

Dr. Nunan hesitates, exchanging a glance with Aiden. "Not right now, Emma. He's in critical condition, and the surgical team needs to focus."

Aiden's grip tightens on my hand, silently offering his support as the doctor continues. "I'd like to have a private conversation with you if that's alright," the doctor says, his tone gentle yet firm.

My hand tightens around Aiden's. "I don't want to be alone," I say. "Can my brother stay?"

"It's okay, Emma." Aiden's reassuring presence anchors me. "I'm not leaving my sister." He turns to Dr. Nunan.

The doctor nods, understanding clear in his eyes. "That's perfectly fine, Aiden. Emma, there are a few things we need to discuss regarding your health and the next steps."

I nod, my gaze flickering between Aiden and the doctor. "You can talk in front of him," I say, my voice stronger now.

Dr. Nunan addresses my concerns about my concussion, outlining the recovery process and emphasizing the need for rest and observation.

As the conversation progresses, the doctor's tone shifts slightly. "We also ran some additional tests, and I have the results here with me," Dr. Nunan says, consulting my chart.

My heart skips a beat, anticipation mingling with dread as I wait for the doctor's next words. He pauses as if choosing his words carefully.

"You're pregnant, Emma," Dr. Nunan reveals, his eyes meeting mine with a mix of empathy and professionalism.

The room seems to spin as the weight of his words settles over me.

Dr. Nunan's words hang in the air, and I can't help but feel a surge of disbelief. Pregnant? The word bounces around my mind like a ping-pong ball, each bounce bringing a fresh wave of shock.

"Pregnant? But how..." I murmur, my thoughts racing.

"I understand this might come as a shock after everything you've been through." Dr. Nunan's eyes soften. "But it's important to take care of yourself right now. We'll provide the necessary care and support throughout your hospital stay."

"Pregnant?" I repeat, my voice barely audible. It feels strange to say the word out loud, as if speaking it makes the reality more tangible. "Is the baby okay?"

Dr. Nunan nods. "Yes, Emma. We ran some tests, and everything looks fine with the baby at this stage. However, given your recent experiences, it's imperative that you rest and follow our instructions closely. Your pregnancy is in its early stages, so extra caution is necessary."

I nod slowly, trying to absorb all the information.

A whirlwind of emotions swirls within me—surprise, fear, but also a glimmer of hope.

"And Asher?" I ask, my hands going to my lower belly instinctively.

Dr. Nunan's eyes soften; a hint of something I can't quite decipher flickering in his gaze. "Asher is in excellent hands, Emma. "I'll come back to update you as soon as there's any news."

"I just..." I look at him hopelessly.

"Get some rest now. We'll take care of the rest." Dr. Nunan gives me one last look before exiting the room and leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Zack is dead.

I'm pregnant.

And Asher is...

God, I just need him to be okay.

____

A/N: Whoah! Is your head spinning like mine? Talk to me, guys!

Thank you so much for all the support and sweet comments! It means everything to me! <3

XOXO

Celeste

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 8.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
1.7M 81.2K 33
"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a massive adventure leads her to a strange p...
204K 7.6K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
13.6K 507 36
*FEATURED on Wattpad's official MUSIC profile, in the "Exquisite Cellos (Romance)" reading list!* Emmaline scores the hottest tickets in NYC: a VIP b...