Saving Him// Fred Weasley

By Wonderless__a

Andrea Delgado finds herself thrown into a world she has always dreamed of visiting. A girl from a different... More

Chapter 1: The Castle over the Hill
Chapter 2: The Sorting Hat
Chapter 3: Familiar Faces
Chapter 4: New Girl's Predictions
Chapter 5: The Dramatics and the Fearful
Chapter 6: A Tidal Wave
Chapter 7: It's alright. Everything will be alright.
Chapter 8: Moony
Chapter 9: Diagon Alley
Chapter 10: Just what I (not) need.
Chapter 11: Better Days
Chapter 12: Runnin' from the feelings
Chapter 13: Bad Habits
Chapter 14: The Professor and the Boggart
Chapter 15: Stuck in the Tower
Chapter 16: The Gryffindor and The Slytherin
Chapter 17: Padfoot
Chapter 18: Bloody Hell, George and Lee
Chapter 19: Hermione's Sunday
Chapter 20: Happy Bloody Hallowe'en
Chapter 21: Detention
Chapter 22: Its Magic, you know
Chapter 23: Siriusly, The Black Lake?
Chapter 24: Lots of Love Here
Chapter 25: A Piece of Home
Chapter 26: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 27: Trip to Hogsmeade
Chapter 28: Sleep Over in the Great Hall
Chapter 29: Man, who knew...
Chapter 30 Lupin's Residence
Chapter 31: The Wrong Shirt
Chapter 32: A Weasley Christmas
Chapter 33: Trouble in Golden Trio Paradise
Chapter 34: Over a cuppa Butterbeer
Chapter 35: First Patronus and some snuggles
Chapter 36: The Break-In
Chapter 37: How not to ride a broom
Chapter 38: Attitude adjustments
Chapter 39: Crystal Balls, Prophecies, and whatnot
Chapter 40: Gryffindor's Victory
Chapter 41: Exams and stranger things
Chapter 42: That Dirty Rat!
Chapter 43: Dog Days are Over
Chapter 44: The Owl Post
Chapter 45: Padfoot and Moony
Chapter 46: Where he belongs...
Chapter 47: City of Love
Untitled part
Chapter 48: Sixteen. Fourteen.
Chapter 49: Cross Your Mind
Chapter 50: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 51: A bad influence in poltergeist form
Ch. 52: Durmstrangs and Beauxbatons
Chapter 53: Mad, Mad, Mad

Chapter 54: The three... four champions?

55 3 0
By Wonderless__a

"Sit down, please." Dumbledore orders, "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion's selection!"

Dumbledore approaches the blue flame, and it glows red. A name on a strip of parchment comes out. Everyone looks on anxiously as we wonder whose name it was... well, everyone beside me. I sat between Fred and Ginny with excitement, trying to contain my fangirling. Every student scrambled into the room after lunch, almost running others over as no one could contain their excitement on finding out who the champions were for the upcoming tournament.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang crowd cheered, though I felt like Ron was possibly the loudest as he stood up and started clapping and hooting loudly. Another parchment comes flying out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour."

The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up, and I clap loudly for her, cheering her on. We make eye contact momentarily, and she offers me a friendly wave.

We ended up having a few classes together as Beauxbatons and Durmstrags were staying for a while. We have been getting to know one another during and after class, and she is awfully sweet. She got excited when she found out I knew a bit of French as well.

"Since when have you been friends with Fleur Delacour?" Ginny comments, loud enough for the three boys sitting before us to turn around abruptly with wide eyes beside a snickering Hermione.

"We have a few classes together," I shrugged, acting like it was nothing as another name came out.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

All the Hogwarts students cheered as Cedric took the stage with a bashful smile, waving out to the crowd as he stood beside the other two champions before Dumbledore.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore claps his hands, "We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!"

Everyone kept on cheering, though my focus was still on the goblet. It suddenly started to grow red once more, and another small piece of parchment flew out.

We all watch in anticipation as Dumbledore takes it hesitantly before he reads...

"Harry Potter." The older man's expression turns to confusion, "Harry Potter?"

"No... No." We hear Hagrid shaking his head in disbelief as well.

I frowned, leaning down and squeezing the boy on the shoulder as he sat there in shock, and everyone else was dumbfounded as well.

"Harry Potter!"

"Go on Harry," I mutter, nudging him.

"Harry for goodness sake." Hermione comments, basically nudging him up and out of his seat.

We watch as Harry slowly walks down the parted bleachers to the four standing by the goblet. Dumbledore gives him the paper, and that's when everyone seems to break out of their shock.

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!" Someone yelled after him, causing the whole room to erupt in loud chattering.

"Silence!" Dumbledore called out, a slight frown evident.

The room falls silent, but you can still feel the annoyance of the majority of the students, with Harry's name in the goblet.

"You are all dismissed for the rest of the evening free of classes before dinner," Dumbledore informs us, causing a low rumble of joy. The sea of students still glared or looked at Harry as they all piled out to go do who knows what.

I step down the steps after Fred and Ginny but come to a stop as I turn to see Dumbledore running a hand down his beard. His eyes scan the room before his gaze connects with mine. He seems to be thinking over something before taking a small step in my direction.

"Andi?"

I glance back at the sound of Ginny calling my name, seeing everyone patiently waiting for me by the double doors. I offer a smile, feeling grateful they cared enough to stay.

"Uh, I'll join you guys in a bit... I'm going to see if I can check on Harry before they leave," I motion behind me.

They all mutter some form of acknowledgment, shooting awkward glances at each other. Ron just scoffs and rushes off with Hermione in tow, looking confused. Fred offers me a sweet smile and blows me a kiss with a wink before walking away with Ginny.

I turn, slowly making my way toward the four, well, five if you count Hagrid hanging around in the back.

"Ah, I was hoping you would join us, Miss Lupin. I believe we have some matters to discuss," Dumbledore nods to me, gaining the attention of the three students behind him.

"Yes, I believe so," I nod, my eyes trailing to Harry, who looked distressed.

"I must give you three congratulations for getting chosen," Dumbledore turns to Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric with a smile. "I wish you nothing but luck and hope to see you all do your best,"

He cleared his throat as his eyes flickered to Harry, who stood beside me. I stood there confused, as this scene was a bit different, but I made no comment.

"You are dismissed as well..." He informs them.

"Thank you," they all mutter out, shaking the Headmaster's hand as their eyes flicker to Harry with awkward smiles.

"It was nice seeing you, Andrea. See you in class tomorrow, yes?" Fleur smiles, pulling me in a hug before kissing each cheek.

"It was nice to see you too, Fleur. Congratulations! See you in class." I smile.

She offers a slight wave to Harry and me before walking out after Cedric and Viktor. Harry and I focus on Dumbledore as soon as the doors close, who appears lost in thought once more before turning to us.

"It would be best if we discussed this somewhere more... secluded," Dumbledore motions us with him towards the hallway before guiding us to the hallway where his office sat, Hagrid following behind quite loudly.

As we made our way in, we noticed Madame Maxime, Igor Karkaroff, Mad-Eye Moody, and Barty Crouch Sr. waiting patiently for us. I frowned, wondering if Dumbledore was going to start yelling at Harry as we made ourselves in the office.

"Harry," Dumbledore sits himself on his desk, looking tired. "Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" He asks gently and cooly.

I blink, feeling relieved that he wasn't all up in his face like in the movie. However, it did make sense that he reacted this way in the book.

Harry steps closer to the desk with a frown and shakes his head. "No, sir."

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No, sir."

"You're sure?" Dumbledore's eyes slowly trail to me momentarily as if confirming.

I made sure the others were more focused on Harry, but I shook my head once, very subtly, for Dumbledore to see as I stood a few feet behind Harry.

"Yes, sir."

"Well, of course, he is lying." Madame Maxime scoffs, folding her arms before her as she glares down at the boy.

"The hell he is." Moody grumbles, hobbling a few steps, "The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year."

"You seem to have given this a fair thought, Mad-Eye." Igor eyes him warily. Not that I blame him at all.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaroff; perhaps you remember?" Moody turns to him with a slight glare himself.

"That doesn't help Alastor." Dumbledore warns, "Leave this to you, Barty." He glances at the man who is waiting silently by the bookshelves.

"The rules are absolute; the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract." Barty offers a small shrug, looking as equally confused as everyone. "Mr Potter has no choice; as of tonight, he is a tri-wizards champion."

I glance at Harry, who looks back at me with slight worry at Barty Crouch's confirmation. I offer him a half smile as I step towards him, grabbing hold of his hand to comfort him.

"May we be excused now, Headmaster?" I speak up, gaining the other's attention.

"Yes, you may, Miss Lupin," Dumbledore nods politely.

He smiles softly at us before we leave, and I start dragging him out of the room.

"What was her significance to being here?"

"I believe she's the daughter of-"

The doors closed before we could hear the others discuss my reasoning for being in the room. Though, I doubt Dumbledore would tell them why.

^^^

As we stand in the postroom, an owl flies in with a letter before us. I motion for Harry to take it, causing him to shrug and reach for it. He opens it and moves closer so we can both read from it.

"Harry. Andrea."

I can already hear Sirius' voice reading the words to us, like in the movie.

"I couldn't risk sending Edward. It's been since the World Cup, and the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls, and she's too easily recognized. Not to mention, well, Lupin's as well."

Harry's green eyes connect with mine in silence before we continue reading.

"The four of us need to talk—face to face. Meet Lupin and me in the Gryffindor common room at one o'clock this Saturday night, and make sure you're alone. P.S."

The owl suddenly reached down to nip at Harry's finger, but I was already one step ahead, so I pulled him back enough, though he still flinched at the sudden motion.

"Bloody hell," Harry mutters, glaring at the bird.

"The bird bites."

I snort at the end of the letter, shaking my head as I reach into my pocket and feed the rogue bird before letting it fly back to Sirius and Dad. I ignore Harry's playful glare as I smirk at him, knowing he is annoyed that the bird didn't try to bite me.

"Come on, let's go back inside..." I mutter, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, even though he was taller, and pulling us towards the stairs.

"Could have just sent Ophelia or something," Harry grumbles as we enter the castle.

"Oh, hush. You're lucky it didn't actually bite you, you big baby," I tease.

"How rude," Harry whines, crossing his arms across his arms as I pull him along with me as we walk up the stairs towards the Gryffindor Tower.

I chuckle at his response, knowing he was messing around, as I see the slight smile creeping out, pushing up his circular glasses.

"Password dears?"

"You think anyone's still up?" He mutters as we stop before the painting.

"Balderdash," I mumble to the Fat Lady, who nods approvingly.

"I guess we will find out,"

The painting swings open to reveal the dim space. We slowly walk in and find the room only lit up by the dull orange glow of the fire still flickering in the fireplace. Harry let out a soft sigh as we stared at the empty cushioned seats his friends would occupy.

"Don't worry, Ron will come around," I pat his shoulder, offering the boy a soft smile.

Harry grunts in response, shoves his hands into his pockets, and drags himself towards the stairs.

"G'night,"

I feel saddened for the boy, knowing he's going through it.

"Goodnight, Harry,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

959K 19.5K 124
"I promised myself to never fall in love again, even if that leaves me to be alone for the rest of my existence. I don't really see the point now you...
33.1K 1.1K 29
Y/N Miller was a "die-hard" fan of Harry Potter books and movies... She always wished to have some kind of magic ✨ And one day, her entire reality w...
38.7K 728 30
[BEING REWRITTEN! MORE INFO ON MY PROFILE] I've tried multiple times at a decent description but im bad at those, so this is a Reader Insert story an...
100K 1.8K 24
Pureblood witch Y/n Avery transfers from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic she tries to enjoy what time she has left before getting wrapped up into the de...