Jupiter | Harry James Potter

By simp4blainchel

"𝑯𝒆𝒓 π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’π’π’š π’ƒπ’“π’π’˜π’ π’†π’šπ’†π’” π’ƒπ’†π’„π’‚π’Žπ’† 𝒂 π’„π’π’Žπ’Žπ’π’ π’π’‚π’π’…π’Žπ’‚π’“π’Œ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

characters ; notes
prologue
act i ; mercury
i ; the search
ii ; nightmares
iii ; magical menagerie
iv ; acromantula
v ; pretty
vi ; the snake
vii ; tea
viii ; genius
ix ; the boggart
x ; know-it-all
xi ; rain
xii ; galleons
xiii ; harry's firebolt
xiv ; moony
xv ; crystal ball
xvi ; stupid
xvii ; the exams
xviii ; under the tree
xix ; would've, could've, should've
xx ; bad idea
xxi ; back in time
xxii ; always been you
xxiii ; the photo
act ii ; venus
i ; sunlight
ii ; secrets
iii ; the portkey
iv ; beautiful
v ; veela
vi ; morsmordre
vii ; harry potter and the flying shoe
viii ; death wish
ix ; crucio
x ; promises, promises
xi ; the owlery
xii ; the arrival
xiii ; spit it out
xv ; dragons
xvi ; the article
xvii ; fire
xviii ; teenagers
xix ; the boy who kissed me
xx ; someone in particular
xxi; the deadline
xxii ; major tosser
xxiii ; definitely
xxiv ; the way i loved you
xxv ; potentially problematic
xxvi ; water
xxvii ; denial
xxviii ; searching
xxix ; cheater

xiv ; gonna be okay

73 5 5
By simp4blainchel

A/N

hellooooooo! sorry for no update today, i had my birthday party pretty much all day so whoopsies!

-

"Hey, Jove!" A voice called behind me as I sat on the couch of the common room. Naomi had been dragging Christina Farraway down from their dormitory.

"Hey. Where are you two off to?" I asked, pushing my Divination homework aside. It was a lot less fun making up ways I could die without Ron and Harry. I figured they had gone to Hagrid's or were outside somewhere, but the last person I wanted to see was Harry.

"It's nearly seven! The feast already started and the champion selection should be starting soon. Are you coming?" Naomi grinned excitedly.

"It's already seven?" I gawked, quickly getting up from the red sofa. I had talked to Cedric longer than I thought. He was surprisingly easy to pass the time with. "Can I sit with you guys?"

Naomi nodded as we started to walk through the portrait hole.

"What, did you and Potter break up?" Christina asked with a slight smirk.

I nearly choked on my own spit. "Er- we were never together. I just don't want to be near him right now, if that's alright."

"You're always welcome to sit with us." Naomi smiled softly. She nudged Christina in the side with her elbow. "Right, Chris?"

"Yeah, I suppose." Christina sighed, casually hopping over one of the trick steps down to the entrance hall. Christina and Naomi were about the strangest best friends I had ever seen. I had never met two people who were more different. Well, except maybe for Christina and her sister.

"I appreciate it anyways." I laughed as we walked into the Great Hall, where the food had already been moved to the tables. The Goblet of Fire had been moved from the entrance hall and to a large empty space in front of Dumbledore's chair. Fred and George, who were thankfully clean-shaven again, seemed to have taken their disappointment fairly well as they gathered bets from the other tables on who they expected to get picked.

"Ooh, I hope it's Angelina!" Naomi said as we took a seat further down the table than I normally sat. It felt odd, sitting near the right edge of the table. The entire hall somehow seemed different. As much as I adored Naomi, I hoped it wouldn't stay this way.

"It better be her." Christina muttered, resting her chin on her hand. "I'd probably transfer to Durmstrang if a Slytherin got picked. Much less a Hufflepuff. Can you imagine how insufferable Cora would be if Diggory actually got chosen?"

"Yes, very insufferable." Naomi said casually as she unfolded a napkin and laid it over her her skirt. This seemed to be a common topic between them. "Jove, how would you feel if Diggory got picked? You two seem to be particularly close."

I rolled my eyes as she watched me with an excited grin and lovey-dovey eyes. "Relax, Diggory and I definitely aren't that close. Besides, I fancy Potter way more than I fancy him." I sighed, glancing down towards to the other end of the table, where I could see my three friends sitting. Ron and Hermione seemed to be bickering about something, probably about S.P.E.W, while Harry sat there with his hands folded in his lap quietly.

"Ugh, who cares about Potter? Diggory is way taller." Naomi shrugged as she twisted a few pieces of pasta around her fork.

"Barely." I said quickly.

"And you're fifteen now. You can't be seen with a younger man." Naomi said, making even Christina laugh.

"That's the stupidest thing that's ever come out of your mouth." She laughed from the other side of Naomi.

"It absolutely is not!" Naomi scoffed, glaring at her best friend, then turning to me. "Don't you see what I mean, Jove? Younger boys are too emotionally and intellectually immature for a woman like you. Not to mention, I bet Diggory's physically better, if you know what I mean."

"Bloody hell, Naomi, that really doesn't matter to me." I laughed into my hand. "Why would you even think that?"

"He's older, it makes sense." Naomi shrugged. "Trust me, the older the better."

My mouth fell open as she spoke so casually. "Naomi!"

"What?"

"She knows what she's talking about, Black." Christina said. "Who was the last one? Darren Overley?"

"No, he was the one before that. Last was Duncan Kelsey. Seven out of ten, would do again." Naomi said, looking over to the Hufflepuff table and waving. Cedric was sitting right next to him, and he caught my eye. He winked and smiled at me, then returned to his friends.

"Just ignore her, she talks about this thing a lot." Christina sighed, pulling Naomi's and my attention back to the conversation.

"Shut up, Chris. I'm just embracing my natural sexuality." Naomi said confidently. "You're just jealous that you don't have what it takes to be as confident in your womanhood as me."

"Not true. I choose not to." Christina argued, and Naomi rolled her eyes.

"What about you, Jove?" Naomi asked, turning to me again. "Have you ever kissed anybody?"

"Er- no." I muttered, and her mouth fell open slightly.

"You're boring!" She gasped, then her eyes lit up. "Hey, I have an idea! Duncan and Diggory are friends, aren't they? We could go on a double date!"

"We'll see." I laughed softly. Finally, the golden plates reverted to their pristine state, causing a surge in chatter within the Hall. However, the noise abruptly subsided as Dumbledore rose from his seat. Flanking him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime appeared just as tense and expectant as everyone else. Ludo Bagman, the ex-beater for whatever Quidditch team Harry had yelled at me about, was beaming and winking at various students. Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for!" Dumbledore said, instantly capturing the attention of any remaining students who weren't already watching. "The Champion Selection!" He took out his wand and pointed it at the torches on the walls, and slowly towards the sky. Every torch and candle burned out, sending the hall into darkness for a brief moment before the Goblet's blue fire shot in the air, illuminating the room with a sapphire tint.

Suddenly, the flames within the goblet transformed into a fiery red hue, emitting sparks. In an instant, a tongue of flame surged upwards, ejecting a singed piece of parchment into the air.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm's length, so that he could read it by the light of the flames, which had turned back to blue-white.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

"No surprises there!" Ron yelled from down the table as a storm of applause and cheering swept the Hall. Viktor Krum rose from the Slytherin table and slouched up toward Dumbledore; he turned right, walked along the staff table, and disappeared through the door behind it.

"Bravo, Viktor!" Karkaroff boomed, so loudly that everyone could hear him, even over all the applause. "Knew you had it in you!

The applause and conversations dwindled, and all eyes returned to the goblet, which promptly shifted back to a crimson hue. Moments later, another piece of parchment was expelled by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

The part-veela girl that Ron had been obsessing over got gracefully to her feet, shook back her sheet of silvery blonde hair, and swept up between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables as applause filled the hall.

As Fleur Delacour disappeared into the side chamber, a hushed silence descended once more. However, this time, the atmosphere was charged with anticipation, so palpable that you could almost feel it. Naturally, the final champion to be announced had to be from Hogwarts, of course.

Once again, the Goblet of Fire glowed crimson, emitting sparks as a tongue of flame soared into the air. From its tip, Dumbledore retrieved the third piece of parchment.

Please not Cedric, I thought.

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

A loud sigh escaped my lungs, but it could hardly be heard over the booming cheers. Every single Hufflepuff had jumped to their feet, screaming and stamping, as Cedric made his way stood up. The grin on his face was insanely happy, yet humble, as if he had fully expected it. Once again, he caught my eye before he began to walk off. He raised his eyebrows slightly, essentially saying 'I told you so.' Though I definitely didn't want Cedric anywhere near this deadly tournament, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride for him. He was the Hogwarts champion.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the tumult died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-"

But Dumbledore suddenly stopped speaking, and it was apparent to everybody what had distracted him. The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment.

Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it. There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore. And then Dumbledore cleared his throat and read out
"Harry Potter."

The whole hall fell silent, and everyone's eyes fell on Harry, who had turned so pale, he looked like every ounce of his blood had been drained. This couldn't be happening. Not to Harry. Nothing could happen to my Harry.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said to Ron and Hermione. "You know I didn't." While he spoke normally, the silence throughout the hall was so great, he could be heard even from the other side.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

Hermione gave Harry a slight push. Harry got to his feet, trod on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly.

"Well... through the door, Harry," Dumbledore said. Harry slowly walked to the chamber behind the teachers' table, his steps weak and shaky as he looked around the room with wide eyes. I so desperately wanted him to turn around and fight. Or even turn around and find me. This wasn't right. Harry was only fourteen, he couldn't have put his name in. He told me he wouldn't. Harry wouldn't lie to me, not again.

-

The Gryffindor common room had been turned into utter chaos as Harry walked through the portrait hole about an hour later. The moment he was visible, he was pulled inside by a dozen different hands. All of Gryffindor house began to applaud, but Harry stood in front of it all, looking like he was going to vomit.

"You should've told us you'd entered!" Fred yelled over the crowd.

"How did you do it without getting a beard? Brilliant!" George grinned, not caring for Harry's clearly uninterested attitude.

"I didn't," Harry said. "I don't know how —"

Before he could finish, Angelina Johnson had now swooped down upon him; "Oh if it couldn't be me, at least it's a Gryffindor —"

"You'll be able to pay back Diggory for that last Quidditch match, Harry!" Katie Bell yelled, another of the Gryffindor Chasers.

"We've got food, Harry, come and have some!" A voice called from the other side of the room.

"I'm not hungry, I had enough at the feast-"

Lee Jordan had found a Gryffindor banner, and had insisted on draping it over Harry's shoulders while the crowd around him closed ranks, forcing another butterbeer on him, stuffing crisps and peanuts into his hands.

"EVERYONE MOVE!" I yelled as loud as I could, and the common room froze. I didn't care that all eyes were on me, the only eyes I cared about were Harry's. I could see the relief wash over his face as he pushed through the crowd. I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him the rest of the way.

We hurried up the boys dormitory stairs, as the chatter from downstairs began to pick up again. We stood in a similar spot to where we stood that night when Sirius said he was coming back, but I didn't let the memory get in the way of what was important. Sure, I was reasonably pissed with Harry, but that didn't mean he wasn't the person I cared most deeply for in the world.

"I didn't do it." Harry said for the hundredth time today. "I swear. You have to believe me, please. I didnt-"

I cut him off by pulling him into a much needed hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and I felt him relax in my arms like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders.

"I believe you, Harry." I whispered, tightening my grip around his waist as he returned the hug. I pulled away slightly, but not out of his grasp, just so that I could look at his face. There were small tears running down his cheeks as he breathed heavily. It became obvious that I had been the first person to say it to him.

"It's gonna be okay." I said, bringing a hand up to wipe a tear from his burning cheek. "You're gonna be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721K 21.9K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
57.9K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
11.5K 656 32
Summary: Lord Voldemort never panicked. But on the night, he found out that Harry Potter knows about Horcruxes, he freaked out. In his desperation to...