xv ; crystal ball

A/N

i wrote this in detention so its kinda short 😬

-

   "Hagrid's just sent me this." Hermione said, approaching Harry, Ron and I in the common room. She was holding a letter.

It read:

"Dear Hermione,

         Bucky's execution date has been fixed.
Thanks for all your help.

                                                      Hagrid."

It was hard to read from all of the tear stains.

"They can't do this." Harry said. "Buck beak isn't dangerous."

"Lucius Malfoy can do whatever the hell he wants." I sighed. "The ministry is frightened of him. When it comes to my uncle, they don't have much respect for ethics."

"They'll be an appeal though. There always is. But I don't imagine it will do anything." Hermione said, tears filling her eyes as she looked down at the floor. "Nothing will ever change."

"Yeah it will." Ron said, standing up from the common room sofa. "You won't have to do all the work alone, Hermione. I'll help."

"Oh, Ron!" Hermione cried. She flung herself around Ron's shoulders and hugged him tightly. Ron's freckled face flushed red, and he patted Hermione's back awkwardly. "Ron, I'm really, really sorry about Scabbers."

"Oh, well, he was old." Ron shrugged as Hermione let go of him. "And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might get me an owl now."

-

"S'no good, Ron." Hagrid sighed sadly as we walked up the castle steps with him after Care of Magical Creatures. "That committee's in Lucius Malfoy's pocket. I'm jus' gonna make sure the rest o' Beaky's time is the happiest he's ever had. I owe him that..."

Hagrid turned around and hurried back toward his cabin, his teary face buried in his handkerchief.

"Look at him blubber!"

Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were standing just by the castle doors, listening.

"Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?" Draco smirked. "And he's supposed to be our teacher!"

We all stomped over to them, but Hermione reached him first, and - CRACK!

Hermione had punched Draco across the face with all of the strength she could muster.

"Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

"Hermione!" Ron said, and he tried to grab her hand as she held it up to hit him again.

"Get off, Ron!" She pulled out her wand.

"Hermione, he's not worth the detention. Let's just go." I said, pushing her wand down.

"Yeah, that's right. You'd better run off before Daddy finds you." Draco snickered. His voice was shoddy and his eyes were teary from the punch. There was a trickle of blood running from his nose.

"What?" I asked, my eyes going back to Draco's gray ones.

"Oh, you don't know? Nobody's told you yet?" Draco chuckled. He looked very proud of himself.

"Told me what?" I questioned.

"Potter knows, look at him." Goyle said, pointing a chubby finger at Harry. Harry's face was a sickly looking pale, and his breahting was rapid as he stared at me.