xxiv ; the way i loved you

"he's charming and endearing and i'm comfortable, but i miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain."

-

The week after the Yule Bell was absolute chaos. It seemed everywhere I turned, people were either talking about me, Harry, Cedric, Hermione, Krum, and most of all shockingly, Cora Farraway.

The news that Cora Farraway had stuck her slimy nose into this situation was unsurprising, yet it still boiled my blood all the same. The moment she realized that I had backed off of Harry, she swooped in with her blonde hair and stole him.

Not that he was stolen from me, definitely not, because as of last week, I am dating Cedric. I shouldn't even be bothered by Farraway's stupid slimy nose, because Harry isn't my concern anymore. Who he chooses to snog doesn't pertain to me, nor do I care about it. With Farraway constantly hanging around Harry, therefore me as well, the only thing I had stolen from me was peace.

"Harry, you've seriously got to figure out this egg." Hermione urged as we sat at the Gryffindor table during breakfast. "You were supposed to do it last week."

"Yeah, well, I've been a bit busy." He muttered as Farraway joined us at the table. Christina, who had been sitting near us ever since the ball, rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Go away, Cora, your yellow tie is ruining the color scheme." She groaned, and Cora stuck her tongue out at her sister but didn't say anything. What a bitch.

"The task in in two days, Harry. You've really got to start trying." I said, finding it difficult to keep my eyes away from Cora.

"Really? I had no idea." Harry scoffed sarcastically. "I reckon Krum and Diggory have already figured it out." I kicked his leg under the table.

"I wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about the tournament." Hermione shrugged. "Actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being."

Harry started to snicker, as Ron tried to get up from the table but Christina and I, who were sat on both sides of him, yanked him back down.

"I just mean he's not particularly loquacious." Hermione assured us, trying not to laugh herself. "Mostly he just watches me study. It's a bit annoying, actually."

"I'm leaving." Ron mumbled under his breath.

"Cedric's already figured it out. He's had it figured out since the day after." I shrugged, and now Harry seemed to be on the verge of leaving. Cora didn't notice his discomfort.  "You should just ask him, I'm sure he'd tell you."

"Yeah, no. I think I'd rather drown in the Black Lake." Harry scoffed, picking at the eggs on his plate boredly.

"Why don't you want to ask Diggory? He's very nice." Cora asked mousily.

"Er- dignity." Harry said, obviously pulling an answer out of his ass. He met my eye briefly, then returned to his eggs. "Why can't you just tell me, Jo?"

"Because I don't know. Like Hermione, we don't talk about the tournament that often. He said he already knows what he's going to do, and that's all I need to know. Frankly, I don't care to know anything else. Everything about this tournament freaks me out."

"Do neither of you actually just talk? Seriously?" Harry groaned, his eyes darting between Hermione and I. The food on the table vanished, and people started to slowly make their way up to classes.

"We don't." Cora shrugged, and for a moment, the corner of Harry's lips turned up.

"Yeah, I reckon that's true." He said with a light smirk. He looked incredibly proud of himself.