xxv ; a night in the garden

A/N
super short chapter whoops

-

-JUPITER-

"What the bloody hell was that?" Jupiter whispered to Hermione and Ginny as they quickly walked down the zigzagged stairs of the Burrow.

"You know exactly what that was, Jove!" Hermione grinned, and Jupiter rolled her eyes. "Harry was obviously flirting with you."

"No, he was not!" Jupiter scoffed. Even as she dismissed the mere idea of Harry flirting with her, it still made her feel flushed in the head. "Harry doesn't have a single flirting bone in his body."

"Well, that's unfortunate for him," Ginny joked. Hermione snickered slightly into her hand.

"Ginny, that is not what I meant," Jupiter grumbled, nudging her in the side.

"Hey, you set me up for it," Ginny shrugged, raising her hands in her defense.

"I can talk to him if you'd like," Hermione suggested as they walked into the kitchen. "Try and find out what's going on in that brain of his."

"Girls, can you take these plates to the garden?" Mrs. Weasley asked busily, pointing to a stack of different colored plates on the cluttered counter. They each grabbed a stack, and Ginny held the back door open with her foot.

"No way Harry will actually admit anything," Ginny laughed as they walked past her. "Even if he does fancy you, he probably doesn't know it."

"She's right," Jupiter sighed, gently setting down her stack of plates on the long, clothed table. "You can try if you'd like, but I doubt it'll work. Plus, I don't want to make anything awkward for nothing. It's just a small crush; I'll grow out of it."

"How long have you fancied him, Jove?" Ginny asked as she set out her plates.

"Er..." Jupiter muttered, keeping her eyes on the table so she wouldn't have to look at them. "First year."

Hermione and Ginny broke into roaring giggles as they set the table. Bill and Charlie had their wands in the air and were crashing two of the tables they were supposed to be setting in the air.

"What's so funny?"

Harry and Ron were walking into the garden, each carrying a handful of different-sized cutlery.

"Bill and Charlie," Jupiter quickly answered, diverting her attention to the battle in the sky.

"Will you keep it down?" A prissy voice boomed throughout the lawn. Percy was sticking his head out of his window.

"Sorry, Perce!" Bill grinned. "How's the cauldron bottoms coming?"

"Very badly," Percy snapped, and he slammed the window shut. Laughing loudly, Bill and Charlie carefully placed the tables in a row on the grass. Bill effortlessly fixed a table leg with a wave of his wand and produced tablecloths out of thin air.

By seven o'clock, the two tables were groaning under dishes and dishes of Mrs. Weasley's excellent cooking, and the nine Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, and Jupiter were settling themselves down to eat beneath a clear, deep-blue sky.

"We've got quite enough on our plates at the Department of International Magical Cooperation without trying to find members of other departments too," Percy said to his father at the end of the table. "As you know, we've got another big event to organize right after the World Cup." Percy cleared his throat significantly and looked down toward the other end of the table where the younger ones were sitting.

"You know the one I'm talking about, Father." He raised his voice slightly. "The top-secret one."

Ron rolled his eyes. "He's been trying to get us to ask what that event is ever since he started work. Probably an exhibition of thick-bottomed cauldrons," he muttered.