Hunted {Dean Winchester 3}

By courtneybunny2

"We're falling apart and I hate it!" I yelled, tears welling up in my eyes. "I want to hate you! I want to ha... More

Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 29

290 15 34
By courtneybunny2

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

"Want some beer?" Dean asked Evie as she stared up at him.

"Dean, if you give her beer, I swear to God--" I began. "And wake up your brother." 

Dean lifted Evie into his lap as he read over a paper. He sat in an armchair next to mine while Sam sat at the desk across the room. Lady curled up on my lap, her head resting on her paws.

Millie flipped through the book she was reading. "Living with you people is nothing but chaos."

"Sam, wake up!" Dean called out. Sam shot awake. Dean chuckled. "Dude, you were out. Making some serious happy noises. Who were you dreaming about?"

Millie and I rolled our eyes. 

"What? No one. Nothing." Sam spit out.

"Come on, you can tell me." Dean insisted. "Angelina Jolie?"

"No." 

"Brad Pitt?"

"No! No."

"No, that's Si's dream, right." Dean nodded. 

I kicked his leg that rested on the coffee table. "I had one dream about Brad Pitt five years ago and you still won't let it go."

Dean jotted something down on the paper. "I called Bela."

"Bela? Yeah?" Sam asked, sounding a little off. "What'd she, you know, say?"

Millie and I shared a look.

Millie sat forward, closing her book. "That she wanted you to fu--"

"Millie, don't you dare finish that sentence." I cut her off. "There is a child in the room."

"She's right. Shut it." Dean added. 

"I love when you agree with me." I kissed Dean's cheek.

"I know."

Poor Sam looked mortified at the moment. "Is she...gonna help us?"

"Shockingly, no." Dean answered. "Which puts us back at square one. I've been trying to decipher the doctor's notes. Unfortunately, he has worse handwriting than you do. You gonna come help me with this stuff?"

Sam shifted in his seat. "Yeah, yeah, just give me a sec."

Millie and I shared another look. 

A knock on the door made Dean shut the file he had in hand and place it on the table in front of him. He stood, Evie in one arm as he crossed the room and opened the door just a tad. He peeked out before stepping back and opening it all the way. "Bela. As I live and breathe."

She walked in, eyes lingering on Evie for a moment. "You called me. Remember? Are we kidnapping children now?"

"No." Dean said. "Evie, this is Bela, she's an insufferable bitch."

Evie giggled, smacking his arm.

"I remember you turning me down." Dean continued. 

"Well, I'm just full of surprises." Bela stated, reaching into her purse.

"Hey, Bela. What's going on?" Sam spoke up, avoiding eye contact.

"Yep, we totally found the subject of his dream." Millie whispered to me. 

"Definitely." I whispered back. 

"I brought you your African Dream Root." Bela held a jar out to Dean, who took it. "Nasty stuff, and not easy to come by."

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Dean asked.

Bela slipped off her black trench coat. "What, I can't do you a little favor every now and again?"

"No, you can't." Dean stated. "I wanna know what the strings are before you attach them."

"You said this was for Bobby Singer, right?" Bela asked. "Well, I'm doing it for him, not you."

"Bobby? Why?" Dean asked. 

"He saved my life once." Bela admitted. "In Flagstaff."

Sam, Dean and I shared a look. Evie babbled. 

"See? Even the baby doesn't trust you." Dean said.

"I screwed up and he saved me, okay? You satisfied?" Bela asked. 

"Maybe."

"So when do we go on this little magical mystery tour?" Bela asked. 

"Oh, you're not going anywhere. I don't trust you enough to let you in my car, much less Bobby's head." Dean handed Evie to me before crossing the room to the safe that was in the closet. "No offence." He placed the Dream Root in next to the Colt.

"None taken." Bela said. "It's 2 a.m. Where am I supposed to go?"

"Get a room." Dean shrugged. "They got the Magic Fingers, Casa Erotica on pay per view. You'll love it." 

"You--" Bela hissed, grabbing her stuff and storming out.

"Nice to--Seeing you--" Sam stuttered. 

Dean glanced oddly at him. 

___   

Sam handed Dean and I each a cup of an awful looking yellow liquid as he sat down on the bed. "Should we dim the lights and synch up Wizard of Oz to Dark Side of the Moon?" Dean asked. 

Sam looked over. "Why?"

"What did you do during college?"

Sam sighed. "Oh, wait, wait, wait. Can't forget this." He pulled a small manila envelope from his pocket and opened it. He pulled something out, dropping it in Dean's hand then mine. 

"What the hell is that?" Dean asked.

"Bobby's hair."

"His what!?" I asked. 

"We have to drink Bobby's hair?" Dean added. 

"That's how you control whose dream you're entering. Drink some of their, uh...some of their body." Sam explained. 

"No." I said.

"Well, guess hair of the dog is better than other parts of the body." Dean dropped the hair into his drink. I held my breath and did the same. "Bottoms up."

Without thinking, I downed the liquid. 

"Feel anything?" Dean asked, setting his empty cup down. 

"No." Sam answered. "You feel anything?"

"Other than disgust? Not really." I sighed. 

"No." Dean shrugged. "Maybe we got some bad shwag." He chuckled then. "Hey, Si, remember that time I convinced you to smoke some weed with me? That was funny."

"No, it wasn't." I said. 

"Hey, when did it start raining?" Sam asked, gazing at the window.

Dean stood, moving across the room and peeling back the curtain. "When did it start raining upside down?"

Then suddenly we weren't in the motel anymore. We were in a house that looked familiar. A large window was to my right and a table sat next to it. A couch was in the middle of the room with a coffee table, paintings hung on the walls that were covered in a red wallpaper that had gold accents.

Dean stood by a fireplace where an armchair was sitting. "Okay, I don't know what's weirder, the fact we're in Bobby's head...or the fact that he's dreaming on Better Homes and Gardens."

"Wait, hold on. Imagine the place without the paint job, more cluttered, dusty, books all over the place." Sam gestured around. 

"It's Bobby's house." Dean realized. 

"Wow." I mumbled. 

We all split up then, calling out for Bobby. 

"Dean? I'm gonna go look outside." Sam said.

"No, no, stay close." Dean replied.  

"Dude, I'll be fine. Just look around in here. Look, we gotta find him." 

"Don't do anything stupid." Dean said.

"What could we possibly do in here that would be labeled as stupid?" I asked. "I'm gonna check upstairs." I jogged up the stairs, calling out for Bobby.

When I found nothing, I headed back downstairs to find Dean and Bobby standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"You were possessed, baby. You were rabid." Bobby said. "And I didn't know what I know now."

As I got closer, I spotted who he was talking to. A woman with stab wounds on her chest and blood on her white dress.

"I didn't know how to save you." Bobby said.

"You're lying." The woman hissed.

"Is that...?" I began in a low voice, leaning toward Dean.

"His wife." He whispered back. 

"You wanted me dead." She said. "If you loved me, you would've found a way."

"I'm sorry." Bobby sobbed.

"Come on." Dean grabbed Bobby by the jacket. He pulled him into the living room and slammed the door shut. She beat on the door, screaming. "I'm telling you, all of it. Your house, your wife, it's a nightmare." He said as he held the doors shut.

"I killed her." Bobby said, voice shaky.

"Bobby, snap out of it." I shook the man's shoulder as Dean tied the doors shut. 

"She's right. This is your dream that you can wake up from. I mean, hell, you can do anything." Dean stated. 

"Just leave me alone. Let her kill me already." Bobby said.

Dean grabbed Bobby by the jacket. "Look at me. You snap out of this right now. You gotta snap out of this now. You're not gonna die. I'm not gonna let you die. You're like a father to me. You gotta believe me, please."

Bobby was quiet for a moment. "I'm dreaming?"

"Yes. Now take control of it." 

Bobby shut his eyes for a moment, then the screaming stopped. 

Dean pulled the doors open and Bobby's wife was gone. 

"I don't believe it." Bobby said.

"Believe it." Dean scoffed. "Now would you please wake up."

Then I jumped awake, head swimming. "Well, that was...something I never wanna do again." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 10 11
Dean stood over her grinning, savoring the crisp screams around him as the young girl clenched her jaw and squeezed her eyes shut. The demon was carv...
7.2K 175 36
You knew you were screwed. Everything had been off since the moment you'd woken up in that hospital after your night out. But it wasn't until you wer...
3K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...
41.5K 1.3K 68
Sequel to Haunted "If I ask you to stay, will you?" I asked, voice quiet as I stared at him. His thumb brushed across my bottom lip as he leaned ever...