Winwolfa (A Roan x Female OC...

By MemoryRebootReader

Astrid Montgomery was not a child born from love. Spending her entire life on the Ark, locked away, in one fo... More

Disclaimers
Part I - The Warrior
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Part II- The Queen
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
-Chapter 47-
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Part III- The Fallen Angel
Chapter 51
-Chapter 52-
Chapter 53
-Chapter 54-
Chapter 55
-Chapter 56-
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
-Chapter 59-
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
-Chapter 64-
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 29

180 4 0
By MemoryRebootReader

It took almost no time at all for the Azgeda warriors to begin drinking and stuffing their faces with food. Some of the finest breads, cheeses and meats were spread across the tables at the back of the hall. Laughter filled the room, mixing with the hearty music. Drums, flutes and other stringed instruments played around them as people danced in the middle of the hall.

Astrid was one of the many drunk fools amongst them. With her hands held in others, she tripped over her feet as she around in a circle, giggling and singing with the people around her. Her body felt warm and fuzzy, and a bit more sluggish than she'd care to admit. Surprisingly, she had never been happier in her life, despite signing her life away to be with Roan. 

Roan watched her from his table, sipping on an ale while chatting with fellow warriors. His eyes trailed every move, every twirl, every bow, every partner she danced with. He tried to blame it on the drink in his cup, but there was no denying a deep rooted jealousy began to emerge. 

The hearty music change to some grand melody, and Astrid found herself stumbling over her way to Roan. His face was blurry, swaying side to side with her steps, but she was able to see that long frown on his face regardless. 

"Are you going to sit and wallow all night or are you going to join us?" Astrid slurred as she took another swig from Roan's cup. She leaned against the table, with her feet crossed underneath her gown. Cheeks were flushed bright red from both the alcohol and constant dancing.

"How drunk are you?" Roan asked with a small smile on his face. She merely rolled her eyes.

"Drunk. Though, I've never been properly drunk before. There was one time when we first arrived on Earth, and then another time with Lexa. Which doesn't provide a great comparison so-"

"You're rambling." He interrupted her before he swiped the cup from Astrid's fingers and took another gulp of his ale.

"Maybe if you quit sulking and join your Queen, then I'd shut up." She giggled as she stood from the seat and offered his hand. The men around him whooped and chanted, but he remained firm in his seat. He hated dancing. More like he was bloody awful at it. There were always stepped toes and awkward movements. A dance with blades he could do, but with another person; that was impossible. 

There was a deep disappointment in Astrid's face when Roan refused to move. Roan could see the hurt in her eyes but refused to acknowledge it. Her hand dropped to her side, swishing against her dress. Without another word, she spun on her heel and was prepared to sneak another cup of all when another hand presented itself to her. 

"My Queen, I would be honored to have a dance with you." Astrid smiled, bright and beautiful, as she took Holkom's hand. They joined the masses of drunk warriors stumbling and dancing, spinning and twirling in each other's arms. Holkom was a strong and skilled warrior, but also a deft dancer to Astrid surprise. 

Though, her eyes continually flicked over to Roan whenever she could, seeing the scowl grow larger on his face. 

"Do not worry about Roan." Holkom said, and Astrid realized he must have noticed her wandering glances over towards the King. "He can't help that he is a piss-poor dancer. Let us pray he is not a piss-poor King as well."

Astrid snickered, "As long as he strays from his mother's path, I think we might be alright."

"Oh?" Holkom cocked a brow as he lifted Astrid off the ground and spun her around to melody, "Does ruthless violence and bloodshed not suit your palette?"

"Absolutely not!" Astrid laughed wildly, "I think I have had enough of that for a while. Perhaps our people will be better farmers than they are warriors."

Holkom joined her in that contagious laughter, "Azgeda will become pacifists when the sky turns red, and the ground is blue. Your aspirations would better fit Trishanakru." She rolled her eyes and found herself gazing upon Roan once again. 

"Is he always so moody?" Astrid blurted out. That mental filter had disappeared thanks to the alcohol. 

"Not usually. Although, events like this aren't exactly his forte." Holkom shrugged his shoulders before dipping Astrid down.

"Well, I am glad somebody can at least entertain their Queen." Astrid gave Holkom a small smile, peering into those honey brown eyes. 

He leaned down to Astrid, whispering gentle in her ear despite the boisterous hall, "If you are ever in need of entertaining the King cannot provide, I would love to indulge you in my talents."

Her face grew bright red. Mouth slightly agape, unknowing what to say. Astrid's hands suddenly went shaky as her thoughts began to sober up. After blinking a few times, Astrid realized exactly what those words entailed. 

That was it. Roan had watched enough of the flirty banter between Holkom and Astrid. Her uncontrollable laughter, that bright smile, the way she looked at him. He could feel that jealousy boil in him as Holkom wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. The way her cheeks flushed when he whispered in her ear. He couldn't take it anymore. 

Roan shot up from his seat, table scuffing the floor from his brash movement. In a flash of rage, he stormed across the floor to the dancing couple. They suddenly stopped, dropping their grasp from each other as his unforeseen presence. 

"Move." Roan immediately shouldered Holkom out of the way without an explanation. But with the defensive look in Roan's eyes, neither one of them bothered to question him. It was a fight they'd both lose.

His hand fit perfectly along her waist, while the other cupped her hand. Tingles sparked through Astrid's hand as she rested it on his shoulder. From the booze or her fluttering heart, she didn't know. It felt foreign for such a rugged man to have a gentle touch.

His heart thundered in his chest as they waltzed around the dancefloor. Every step was taken with extra precaution. He had to plan each move elaborately in his to avoid the embarrassment of his potential mistakes. Ever since he was a kid, he struggled with simple moves he practiced with Tilda. Yet, it all seemed so effortless as he lost himself in those icy blue irises.  

Dancing felt natural as he travelled the floor with Astrid. He wasn't sure why, but he had a feeling it had something to do with the way she looked at him. Her smile was contagious, and for a moment, he nearly broke his stone-cold face just to smile back. But as he looked to sea of people watching them, that smile never came.

"What's wrong?" That wide smile on her face disappeared once she saw the displeasure he was having. He only shook his head, biding time to find the words to say.

"Do not start worrying about my feelings now that we are married. Though, you seem to be having a decent time." Roan slid his glance to Holkom, who was still lurking in the crowd of watchers, but she was too stubborn to let him bypass what he was truly thinking.

"Spit it out before I subject you to another dance." She threatened as he lifted their hands above her head, then spun her into a sequence of twirls. The gown flared at her feet with each spin.

"How are your feet not killing you?" Another attempt to dodge the conversation.

"Roan." She growled, lowering her eyes. "Quit stalling."

"You are not the only one with doubts about royalty." He whispered low into her ear, pulling her closer as the song changed from upbeat to a slower melody. Astrid could smell the mix of his pine and leather scent mixed with her lavender and clove.

"Roan, you were quite literally born for this." She assured him. "I hold no concerns about your ability to guide these people. Despite my disagreement about the marriage, I will wholeheartedly stand by your side to rule over Azgeda."

"I think that's the booze talking." Roan chuckled, though her words were slightly comforting.

"Perhaps." She shrugged her shoulders at the comment. "Or maybe I can set aside my own stubbornness and realize what is best for our people. And you are that, Roan."

"Where the hell is Asteroid and what did you do to her?" Roan finally let the thick armor around him crack, giving Astrid a faint smile.

"Oh god." She rolled her eyes as she huffed. "I nearly forgot about that stupid nickname you always called me."

"I think it's quite fitting." He said. Astrid cocked her head and urged him to continue. "You quite literally came from outer space. Even now, you're a blaze of energy and defiance to anybody who meets you. You're a fire from the stars."

"That is not true." She spat back.

"You had the audacity to not only defy my mother, but the Commander herself." Roan snickered as he leaned in closer to her. "And don't even get me started on how many times you have tested my patience with your defiance."

"A match made in heaven, huh." She giggled as she gazed into those ocean blue eyes. He was only a few inches from her face, and she couldn't help but notice his eyes flicker to her lips for just a brief moment.

"You will be the ruin of me, my Queen." He breathed on to her lips, sending a shiver down her spine.

"I plan on it, Princeling." She nearly dared to close the distance between their lips once more. Maybe it was the alcohol blurring her thoughts. The temptation was undeniable. When he first pressed his against hers, she was fearful. Terrified because she wanted more. Somehow, he had set her in a trance that she was unable to break. 

Just before their lips connected, Astrid felt a sharp pain on her toes that sent her tumbling to the ground. Every single person stopped what they were doing to look at the commotion. While Roan cursed himself deeply for his clumsiness, Astrid broke down in uncontrollable laughter. It was wild, bouncing off the wall and so loud it overpowered the musicians. Even as Tilda and the woman she was snogging with just a few moments ago came running to her side, it only worsened the drunken, whole belly laughter that made Astrid's abs hurt. 

"What the hell happened?" Tilda scolded her cousin who was already rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. He tried to explain, but it was useless against Astrid laughter and Tilda's sharp word, "Alright, I think the Queen has had enough festivities tonight."

"Wait... Wait..." Astrid tried to speak, but her giggles quickly took over her again. 

Roan sighed, taking one look at his drunken wife on the floor before picking up her limp body and slugging her over his shoulder. The crowds hollered as he stalked down the halls to her room, wishing perverted blessing he desperately wanted to fight back. 

Astrid was still giggling when he threw her haphazardly along her bed.  Everything around her was spinning and whatever motions her body made were not her own. Gravity acted against her as she tried to sit up to get that stunning, yet suffocating dress off her body. The ties along her back slipped out from her fingers at every touch.

After watching her struggle for several long minutes, cursing a whole slew of vulgarities in the process, Roan finally caved into the pitiful struggle. As one hand steadied her swaying shoulders, her warm touch ignited a wave of lust. He wanted to explore every inch of her sun kissed skin, kissing every scar and flaw that made her beautiful. As she slinked her arms out of the gown, shimmying it unsteadying and awkward off her hips, the urge to tear it off her body was growing insatiable. 

He was drunk, Roan told himself. To think these thoughts about Astrid of all people, the person who never failed piss him off daily, felt like an unforgivable sin. 

Once she slithered underneath those fur blankets, half naked and snuggling into its warmth, Roan pivoted towards the door. He needed to rid those thoughts, with booze or sleep or whatever the hell would work.  A shaky hand clasped around his wrist before he could step away.

"Stay with me. Just for a little bit." 

Roan blinked, processing the request. Whatever sinful thoughts that plagued his mind washed away at the look of her sullen eyes. He took one look at that longing glance at her face, the one that told him she didn't want to be alone. To go from people, their people, laughing and singing and dancing with her to the pure silence.  Perhaps it was her own drunken thoughts taking the reins at the moment, because on any usual day, Astrid basked in the silence. But here, right now, she couldn't stand to be alone. 

So, he crawled on top of the blankets, allowing Astrid to curl into his chest, and watched her swiftly get pulled into a deep slumber. He didn't flinch a muscle, neither pulling away or closer to her, but opted to watch her steady breathing until he too, fell asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 4.1K 25
"You were given this life because you're strong enough to live it." --- It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on earth, leavi...
9.4K 289 61
Over the years werewolves and vampires were cursed to roam the world, living eternally, fighting amongst themselves, eventually going into hiding. 97...
34.1K 614 27
REWRITTEN. 'We will fall, but we will get back up again.' --- It's been ninty-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone one earth, leavi...
123K 2.5K 16
Ariella Coyn was born in space, and shes lived there her whole life. She's been a prisoner on the Ark since she was 11 for a crime she didn't commit...