Pressure

By jmarley96

Enemies to lovers Two women in an office always compete for the top spot. There is constant arguing between t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 21

697 16 0
By jmarley96

Drew's POV

The next morning is a bit of a blur.

I know that I woke up with baby fart in my face but after that, things were pretty mundane.

I handed the creature back to his mother once i was able to function, me and Val ate a quick breakfast and went our separate but not so separate ways at the office.

There isn't really anything big going on at the moment, just simple production and marketing stuff.

This leaves me with plenty of time to think about Sabrina's situation.

She can't possibly want to continue this lifestyle but, how do I ask?

And how is she going to do this with Gabe? I've seen true crime shows like this and they do not end up too good.

I groan and run my hand across my face for a moment when my door is suddenly flung open.

"YOU SELFISH BITCH!"

Before I can even react, my desk is kicked towards me, hitting me square in the stomach and taking my breath for a moment.

"Why'd you do it huh? Still jealous about me talking to your little toy over there?"

He grabs the collar of my shirt but I quickly bend his hand back forcing him to release me.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't nail your ass to the ground right now."

I place a hand on my stomach trying not to show how bad that hurt but there's definitely going to be a bruise later.

"Someone talked and I know you had something to do with it. They went up to management and said that I was "harassing her" and that multiple people have been referring to me as a "womanizer". What did you do!?"

I scoff and roll my sleeves up as I step in front of my desk.

"I did nothing. Not my fault you don't know how to treat women properly."

His face turns even more red than it was and as soon as he takes a step towards me, the one person he doesn't need to see right now,walks into the room.

"Drew? Is everything alright? I heard a lot of-"

"You."

He turns his body square towards Valentina and she freezes.

Before he can even get another breath in, I take two strides to get in front of her and in one motion, wrap and arm around her waist and move her behind me.

"Don't."

My voice is cold and clear.

I'm standing at my full height now so he's not much taller than me. Maybe an inch.

Doesn't matter though.

If he so much as raises a hand towards her, I will end him where he stands.

He clenches his fist and scoffs before pointing an accusing finger towards her.

"You know it was her. No one else has EVER complained until this little whore showed up."

I clench my jaw.

"Watch your mouth."

I feel Valentina behind me trying to use her phone to get security so I know I just need to stall him a little longer.

I peek my eyes back for a second to check on her and out of the corner of my eye I see him lunge forward.

"Don't you look away from-"

Before he can finish I have him on the ground. I grab onto his forearm and take him down the the ground and have my knee pressed between his shoulder blades, his arm up above him so he can't move.

Her yells out profanities and tries to get free but everytime he tries, I just move his arm back more.

"Fuck! Stop, you're gonna break it!"

I don't respond, and in one minute, security rushes in and drags him away.

I give them a recap of what happened and when we're done, I try to go back to my desk but Valentina steps in front of me.

"What do you think you're doing? You just got attacked. You can't go back to work."

I roll my eyes and wince a little as the pain in my stomach come back.

"I'm fine princess. I have some work I need to get-"

"You, are going home, and resting. End of discussion."

She places a hand on my chest to keep me in place and grabs my coat and bag from my chair.

"Come on."

She wraps and arm around my waist and walks me out to my car.

As we're going through the office, multiple women thank me for standing up to him and having him removed but I honestly, didn't ask for this.

I wasn't trying to be a hero.

I was just trying to have a normal boring day at work.

Valentina helps me into the car and drives me back to my apartment, not really saying much.

Sabrina and Gabe are out so it's just the two of us inside.

She sets my stuff on the counter and gently places her hands on the bottom of my tucked shirt.

"Is it okay for me to take this off?"

I nod and she starts by gently unbuckling my pants.

I flinch a Little as her hands bump against the bruise and she caresses my cheek.

"Aww I'm sorry baby. Did that hurt?"

I nod slightly as her hooded eyes meet mine.

"I'll take care of you. Don't worry."

I bite the inside of my lip a little as her hand goes under my shirt and across my skin, lightly searching for the spot that hurts.

Strangely, I can feel myself getting aroused.

Is it the adrenaline from what happened moments ago? The masculine feeling of protecting what's mine? Referring to her as mine?

I gently lift her chin up and pull her to me.

Her lips part and her hand rests right on the bruise.

I moan.

Her eyes widen and my cheeks get so red I feel like they're going to burn off.

"Oh? That's kinda kinky, even for you baby."

She giggles and kisses my lips before peeling out of my grasp to get some supplies.

I watch as she reaches for the first aid kit on top of the shelf and for a moment, I catch myself smiling.

This woman came into my life like a storm.

Unexpected, unpredictable, terrifying.

I had no idea that one person could have such an effect on me and yet, here she is.

An amazing woman that I can't deny I'm falling for.

"Okay let's get you bandaged up so you can rest. Whats with that goofy look on your face?"

I blush as she lifts an eyebrow at me.

"Did he hit you on your head too or have you finally gone coo coo?"

She taps my forehead with her finger and as she does, i grasp her hand with one of mine while the other wraps around her waist.

"Must you always make fun of me? Can't I admire you a bit?"

Now it's her turn to blush. Her cheeks have a tint of red spread across the top of them and I honestly cant tell if she's flattered or wants to punch me.

"Since when do you do that?"

I laugh and shake my head before closing the gap between us and pressing my lips against hers.

Our moans collide with eachother as our tongues dance together inside our mouths.

That cheesy shit about sparks flying and butterflies isn't seeming all that cheesy right about now.

I can even feel my knees shaking as her hands glide through my hair, squeezing as the kiss intensifies.

When we release for air, her eyes are dark.

Our chest brush against one another as we try to regain our composure, but I don't want to.

"Stay here with me."

I caress her cheek and kiss my way down to her neck.

"My love, you're hurt. I don't want to cause you anymore pain."

Fuck.

Those words and her accent are almost too much.

Valentina Sanchez might actually be the woman of my dreams.

She places a hand on my chest to stop my advances and gives me a soft peck.

"Come. Let me take care of you."

She leads me to the kitchen and helps me up on the counter.

I watch as she slowly unbuttons my shirt, pausing for a moment at the sight of my abs.

I smile proudly as she admires them, but the smile fades when she sees the bruise. It's pretty big and doesn't look too good.

"Drew. This isn't good. Your ribs could be broken for all we know. Are you sure you wont go to the hospital?"

I shake my head and she sighs.

"You're lucky I used to be a nurse."

I raise an eye or and sit up straight so she can wrap my torso.

"A nurse huh? That's kinda hot."

She rolls her eyes and when she's done, she give me a serious look.

"Why were you two fighting anyways? I mean, it was pretty hot to see you take him down and all but, what started it?"

I shrug and gently pull her to me.

"Someone finally complained about him harassing women. He'll never work for another firm again."

She nods and slowly drags a finger along my collar bone.

The feeling of her is intoxicating.

"I was worried."

My eyes widen and I notice she has this far off look in her eyes.

Maybe she's falling for me too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 11.7K 41
๐‡๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ ๐‡๐ฎ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐‰ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ž. ๐‡...
7.5K 412 32
Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone else at work. What's the point, when lovin...
104K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
3.8K 81 34
BOOK 1 "Stay here, please!" She blurted out making me confused until she cleared her throat before clarifying herself. "Or at least let me go with yo...