Can I? | SEULRENE

Bởi lueshun

Can I? A story of two people adjusting to what is expected of them? Xem Thêm

CHAPTER I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV (Finale)

Chapter XXVIII

234 23 8
Bởi lueshun

Seulgi' POV

It's guilt and I know I can still make up for it. That's what I'm doing.

I stretched out as I stand up from the chair. I check myself at the small mirror on the shelf. I cried too much last night. Yesterday was a tiring day.

I went out of the room and find myself going downstairs. I look up to the wall clock to check the time. It's past eleven already. All of a sudden, when I look away from the clock, a surprised Joohyun came to my view.

"You're still here?" I was a bit confused at her question. Should I be somewhere now?

"Huh?"

"It's just that, I thought you left early again." oh. It just made me think of what I've been doing in the past weeks. "Your car isn't in the driveway, I just assumed." and then I remember Yeji's still at the hospital.

I was too deep in to my thoughts that I didn't realize she was in front of me already.

"Is everything okay?" She asked softly. I look at her. No. All I did next was hug her. I can feel her a bit surprised at my sudden action, but sooner she hugged me back. "Seu--"

"I love you." I said as I tighten my embrace.

"and I love you." She patted my back, before slowly pulling away from the hug. Next thing happened was she reach for my cheek and wipe my tears, that I didn't notice fell already. "What's wrong my love?" She asked as she caress my cheeks, looking at me worried and curious.

When I was about to answer her phone suddenly rang. I move away and look at her. I realize she's fully dressed now. Is she going somewhere? The ringing suddenly stop, when I look up to her face, she's staring at me. Did she just ended the call? and it started to ring again.

"It must be important." I said to her.

"It's not as important." She said and yet again cancel the call. But the next time it wasn't ringing we heard, a car horn.

"I suppose you had plans." I look to where the sound's coming from.

"I can cancel..." I look at her. I shake my head.

"No." I mean, someone's outside already. "You can go." It'll be rude to cancel now. Besides, she's already dressed up.

"Love..."

"You should go. You seldom go out with someone, don't let me stop you." I said to her. She had this expression that she seemed upset. Did I say sonething wrong?

"You can't expect me to go out, after you just cried in front of me. So, can you not--" She was stopped when her phone rang again. This time she answered it. "Can we meet up some other time? Something important came up." Just after she said that she ended the call, and I saw her turn it off. "Now, can we talk about what's happening?"

I look at her, dumbfounded with what I just witnessed.

"The person was already outside. You didn't have to cancel--" I stopped when I notice her expression as I let out those words.

"Seulgi, it's not that important."

"But--" She suddenly cut me off.

"You're being unfair." Suddeny, I felt vulnerability in her voice. "I let you do things your way and you wouldn't even let me decide for myself."

"I didn't mean it that way. It's just that, someone was already waiting outside."

"Can you let me be with you?" She said it like she's begging, just staring at me.

"What do you mean? I'm always here, with you." When she shook her head, it made me realize that I did worst than I thought.

I saw a tear drop from her eye. Before I can even come up to her, she wipe it off quickly and speak.

"You're right..." Suddenly, my phone started ringing.

I swear, I wanted to ignore it but it was Oppa calling. It'll about Yeji and I can't just ignore it. So I answered.

"Seul, I already need to go to the company and Yeji's looking for you." I look at Joohyun. I should tell her.

"I'll be there." Joohyun look up to me. She took a deep breath and suddenly I can't understand Oppa on the other line anymore.

"Maybe I should really just go." She said, then turn her back on me.

"Hyun." I reach for her arm to stop her.

"Look Seulgi, you have somewhere to be again and I get it." she slowly removed my hold. "Let's just talk again when you're ready."

"We can talk now." I said.

"Then can you not leave? Can you not go to where you're suppose to go now?" She face me. Can I?

"I can but--"

"You won't." She finished. I wanted to explain, I do, but every time I get the will to do it she cut me off. "Let's cool this tension down for now, I don't want this to end up in a fight." She said.

"A f-fight?" I stuttered. Did we really got to this point already? Suddenly we heard the horn again.

"I texted him to comeback." She said. Him? "I'll be back before dinner time, maybe then we can already talk." she said.

When she was about to walk away again, I hugged her.

"I'm sorry. I really am." I said before I slowly let go. "I promise I'll tell you everything tonight." I kissed her temple. "I love you."

"Kang, I need you to please keep that promise and be here tonight."

"I will." I said, assuringly.

"I love you too." She give me kiss on the cheek before she left.

Just when she left, I heard a faint sound calling for me. Only to realize I didn't end the call at all.

"Kang Seulgi!" I slowly put my phone back up to my ear.

"Oppa?"

"You're unbelievable!" He said.

"Did you heard it?"

"We heard it." Suddenly, I heard Yeji's voice on the other line. "Don't show your face here, unnie, if you don't want to end up in a hospital bed too." Yeji shouted

"You're not capable of hurting anyone, we both know that." I said to her.

"There's always a first for everything unnie. Just like how you're messing up for the first time with your first relationship. Ugh! I can't believe you're older than me!"

"Okay, that's enough!" Oppa interrupted. "I need to head out now."

"Oppa ban alone unnie from visiting me. If she visits, I want Joohyun unnie to be with her." She said.

"Yah! Kang Yeji!"

"Yeji has a point Seulgi, it's better to fix it now and you know that too. I don't even get why you're prolonging the issue."

"It's not like it was my intention, I wanted to talk too and I told her that."

"But you also made her feel like there's much more important things to you than solving the problem with her." Yeji said.

"Is that how it came out to be?" I asked.

"Where has the wise and understanding Seulgi gone?" Oppa asked. "Suddenly when the situation is happening to you, you become clueless and don't know what to do."

"Unnie, it's okay if you can't visit me now. I'm already doing good, just fix it with Joohyun unnie. Don't let her slip away, just because you finally decided to be dumb at something."

"Yah!" Yeji's good with words tjat can get to you, I must admit.

"My secretary's already calling, I really need to go now. And don't worry Seulgi, Mom said she will go here straight from the airport. Just do what you need to do now. Bye." We bid our goodbyes and ended the call.

Should I call her? Ask her to comeback? That I'm willing to stay and talk now?

No. They might be far out already. I should just wait here for her.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.3K 442 25
Take My Hand. A story two complicated people who give enough comfort to each other.
441K 3.5K 13
Irene X female reader ft. Seulgi Issue:you'll need holy water after reading Your relationship with Irene has blossomed into something quite... uniq...
6.8K 242 47
This is a story about going on with life, with unexpected help.
134K 5.8K 75
❝ you seriously are too cute, irene bae joohyun. ❞ in which irene is a top student and wendy is her friend who has a crush on her. ― beautaes 2017 ©...