INCARCERATED SUN - The Impris...

By SnoffyJolly

There is a thin line between DESIRE and REALITY. Reality is thorny, hard, cruel, something which a person wis... More

AUTHOR HERE
UNFATED MEETING
JOURNEY OF BHARGAVA SHISHYA
MAGADH'S HIDDEN KING
CHARIOTEER'S SON'S CHOICE
AN ADVISER
STRATEGY
CHILDHOOD FRIENDSHIP
KING ASHWATTHAMA
GETTING TO KNOW
DIFFERENT UNDERSTANDING
SOMETHING UNUSUAL
MYSTERIOUS
INEXPLICABLE FEELINGS
WAS!!?
TRUTH BEHIND DECEIT
HOT BLOODED
LOST SOUL
THREE WEEKS GAP FILLING
MANOEUVRE FOR REVENGE
SWAYAMWAR
AT THE BACK OF MIND
CONSUMED BY DARKNESS
LIGHT OF PAST
INDICATION OF LOVE
THROBBING OF FLOWER
PATH OF ENCLOSURE
INGRESS OF SOLVED TRUTH
CHUCKLE OF BITTER FATE
BRILLIANCE INSIDE MURK
HOLLOW EYES
GET ON THE TRACK
GLIMPSE OF PRESENT
START FROM BEGINNING
BREAKING OF CURSE
END OF DIGVIJAY YATRA
BLOSSOM OF HAPPINESS
LOST SOLACE
A REVEALED PAGE OF PAST
TIED ENDS OF TWO THREADS
TWO PARTS OF ONE SOUL (EPILOGUE)

FIRST KULVADHU OF HASTINAPUR

893 50 9
By SnoffyJolly

"there are so many Kings who came to participate in this swayamwar, who do you think will win today, karna?"

The whole area is filled with well known Kings from whole Aryavarta as Maharaj Draupad with his son Drishtadyumn as Dwarkadheesh sit on the other side while there is no shadow of Shikhandi as expected.

And in between all this noise and whispers, there are two people who came from Hastinapur, whispering among themselves.

"a warrior's valour cannot be assumed, Vikarna. Defeat is a part of life, you never know who will defeat you but you can always stand up after getting defeated since it is always choice not a part"

"you are right-"

"We welcome all the Esteemed Kings and Princes from whole Aryavarta to my sister's Swayamwar. The challenge of this Swayamwar is that, the Participant will have to pick up this divine bow and has to shoot an arrow in eyes of the spinning fish on the ceiling........but participants can't look at the fish directly, you have shoot the arrow on target by looking at fish's reflection in the water. Every participant will be given one chance"

There was a murmer inside the whole area about how difficult the challenge is until the chaos calmed down when Dwarkadheesh started speaking this time.

"the competition will start now but before that, please welcome, the most beautiful woman in whole Aryavarta, the Daughter of Maharaj Draupad, the Princess of Southern Panchala, Rajkumari Draupadi"

There was a a complete silence as everyone's eyes just kept looking at the entrance until the melodious sound of payal entered their ears flowed by choori's sound as the beautiful maiden entered the Swayamvar with her maids behind and a garland in her hands. Her skin colour is not much different from Dwarkadheesh as he is the most handsome man in whole Aryavarta while she is the most beautiful maiden in whole Aryavarta.

Her dark feet are covered in red Alta with a beautiful golden payal while she is wearing a red silk saree, designed with golden border and work. Her golden choori's with some plain red one's in between are making soft sounds as her neck is covered with gold jewelleries and her earrings are dangling side by side. Her hair is braided, decorated with gold ornaments and a gajra while her beautiful face is kept simple with a bindi and a small smile adoring her beautiful face.

She sat in between of Dwarkadheesh and Rajkumar Drishtadyumn while her entering steps were silent, these silent steps tells that she is the one who will decide the future, neither this swayamwar nor this challenge, their future are in this celestial born's hands and what makes it more interesting is that....................she knows her power.

The one who will marry her will not only get the most beautiful woman in Aryavarta but will also get the support of Southern Panchala, making the Rajya itself the most powerful one as the one who will win this swayamwar will also not be any weak King or Prince.

"um........karna?"

"hmm?"

"do you think I can win this?" Vikarna whisper with nervousness evident in his tone as he keep his eyes on the bow placed below the target.

"it doesn't matter whether you win or not but what matter most is, you should have confidence in yourself. Stop being nervous and just show your skills. You are a skilled archer, Rajkumar, you just need to trust yourself and you can easily shoot in the target"

"you are right. Just trust on yourself Vikarna, just trust" Vikarna, motivating himself look at Chedi Naresh Shishupal who just went to pick up the bow with overconfidence flowing in his laugh

"isn't he already father of one daughter...........seriously!? Draupadi is likely same age as your daughter Maharaj.......you really gonna do this?"

Chedi Naresh tried to pick up the bow but the bow didn't even move a mm as he glared at the bow before sitting back on his sit, unknown to Hastinapur's second guest's stare on him.

"Chedi naresh, an alley of Jarasandh and since the news of new king of Magadh has been spread, he did not showed any action against or towards it though I know he must be confused or curious about who the person is that killed Jarasandh or why did.......I........killed Jarasandh? and now that the news of Jayadrath captured by Magadh Naresh has been spread, everyone has become alerted about who the person though I can't tell it is me, can I? And beside if you decide to do something chedi Naresh than you will also have to loss your Kingdom and maybe life too as Ekalavya is the King of Magadh right now even if no one knows about who is the king of Magadh. I know you can't die easily but it does not mean you can't die, you can and you will some day when-"

"Next is Rajkumar Vikarna from Hastinapur"

"All the best Vikarna"

"thank you karna"

Karna can clearly sees Vikarna still being nervous before he closed his eyes and took a deep breathe as his fingers wrap around the bow while he is chanting a mantra, which karna knows that it is not mantra instead he is remembering the God who has given him as a boon to Mata Gandhari.

There comes a loud thunder as Vikarna slowly lift up the divine bow before he open his eyes with happiness, wrapping the bowstring around the other end of bow. He touched his forehead to the bow in respect before fixing his target as he look at the reflection in the water while pulling the string along with the arrow. Everyone watches with anticipation as Vikarna closes his eyes after fixing the target before leaving the string as the arrow went flying towards fish making him with his lips until he open is eyes by the sound of clapping and hailing........Did he hit the target?

Vikarna look at karna who has a small smile on his face, immediately telling him that he did it.

"congratulations Rajkumar Vikarna"

Vikarna turned around to see Rajkumar Drishtadyumn coming towards him before he step aside as the Rajkumari of Panchala came towards him with garland in her which he accepted respectfully as they did the whole marriage ceremony.

"I hope you will take care of my daughter, Rajkumar Vikarna"

"you don't have to worry Maharaj Draupad. Your daughter is my wife now, there won't be any threat or harm to her, I promise you. Before her, they have to face me"

Vikarna says with confidence, rewarded by relieved smiles of Maharaj Draupad, Drishtadyumn and Shikhandi as Draupadi went to meet her family for the last time until she went to went her sakha, Dwarkadheesh................Areee, karna honestly forgot about him.

Soon Vikarna and Draupadi went towards their chariot where karna is standing in the front as Vikarna introduced him to Draupadi.

"Rajkumari, he is Radheya Karna, adviser and helper of all princes means all 106 of us. He is like a friend to us. He even take care of us and help us like a big brother"

"Pranipat Rajkumari" Karna greeted politely as Draupadi also greeted him back politely and respectfully "Pranipat Mahoday karna"

"you can call him bhrata too"

"Vikarna!!"

"though he is quite an oldy but still you can call me bhrata. I mean-"

"you!" Karna pulled Vikarna's ear making him whine in pain until they hear soft giggles from the front as Karna left Vikarna's ear in embarrassment while Vikarna just pout while rubbing his red ear.

"you don't need to do this Rajkumari-"

"why? Having a brother there is bad? I know I will get many brother-in-law there but having a brother is different" To which Vikarna also nodded as he look at karna who sighs, knowing that draupadi won against karna he mockingly showed his tongue to karna who glared at him before looking at draupadi.

"you can call me bhrata Rajkumari. I don't mind having a sister too. Thank you for giving me such honor"

"it is my delight too, bhratashree" Karna nodded happily at this as both Vikarna and Draupadi sat in the chariot while he went to drive it.

"they both truly have same personality, maybe be they will soon become comfortable with each other.............May God give them happiness"

--------------------------------------------

"you are right Karna, may you get all the happiness sakhi, now that your destiny has changed despite my try.........you are truly something different Radheya"

---------------------------------------------

"bharatshree, look there"

"what happened Nakula?"

**********************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.5K 3.5K 42
The glory of Mahabharata war is praised by many..Everyone knows about Draupadi, Yagyaseni, the one born from Yagya..A woman whose fate was to bring a...
110K 6.7K 54
π“π‡πˆπ’ π’π“πŽπ‘π˜ 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 πŒπ€π‘πŠπ„πƒ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„ 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐈 π–πˆπ‹π‹ ππŽπ“ 𝐁𝐄 π”ππƒπ€π“πˆππ† 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑. 𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀...
264K 17.6K 152
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
Adamya By Sindhuxsuta

Historical Fiction

21.3K 1.5K 36
ΰ€…ΰ€¨ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ€ƒ ΰ€…ΰ€Έΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ€Ώ ΰ€ͺΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€Ύΰ€°ΰ€‚ΰ€­ΰ€ƒΰ₯€ The end is the beginning. A caterpillar dies, to birth a butterfly. Water evaporates to rain down. Dead carcasses fill the stom...