Rising Rays of the New Centur...

Autorstwa KageNishi

In the year 2040, Japan returned to Earth from the other world of Terralus under the guidance of a comet. At... Więcej

Part 1: Tokyo Expo
Tokyo Expo in Chaos
Joint Investigation
Japanese Empire's Chaos
A New Case
The Truth Revealed
The Canine Lord
The End of 21st Century
Vampire Siblings
Fear of Vampire
The Vampiric Menace
Eternal Mermaid
A Shadow Looming Over the Mermaid
Sora: The Far Reaches of Universe
World Expo Closing Ceremony
Part 2: Overseas
The Warlord City, Changsha
Inspection of the Construction Site
Europe of Illusions
The Dark Side of the Japanese Embassy
The Sisters of Tragedy
On Christmas Eve
The Satori and the Catalan Girl
Men Running on the Sea and in the Sky
Japanese Magical Drugs
The Devil's Identity
Epic Aerial Battle: Fairy vs US-2
Part 3: Yokohama Dragon God
Ice Queen
Rumored Japanese History Teacher
Shining Night Kamaitachi
Enchanting Songstress
High School of Magic and Witchcraft
Yokohama Bay Entertainment City
The Girl with Midas' Hand
Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter
The End of the Golden Banquet and a New Threat
A World Where Humanity is the Minority
Cultural Festival Season is Here!
Schoolgirl Abduction
Crisis of the Space Battleship Fusō
The Golden Banquet and the Awakening of Fusō
Terror of the Vampires
Battle of Yokohama
The Blue Dragon's Beautiful Servant
The Comet and the Unwanted Visitor
Part 3.5: The Space Frontier
Settings and Glossary
Characters List
Part 4: The Space Wars
Alien Invasion
Occupation of Mars
Messenger from Earth
Space Drifters Union and the International Federation
The Queen's Descent onto Mars
New Developments
The Expulsion Movement and the Witch of Mars
The Queen's Desire
The Great Escape
Disturbing Trend
The Queen's Descent to Earth
Ideals and Reality
Coup
Crisis of the Solar System
Attack on Titan
The Demise of Mars

Queen's Guard

36 5 0
Autorstwa KageNishi

July 19, 2199

Earth

Tokyo, Japanese Empire

The Earth inspection team led by Queen Riza had completed their inspections in Tokyo, Tochigi, Kyoto, Okinawa, and various other parts of Japan, returning to the capital, Tokyo. They were waiting at the terminal to board the shuttle to Tokyo Spaceport to move on. Amidst the hustle and bustle of numerous officials and security personnel, Queen Riza gazed out at Tokyo Bay through the vast glass window.

"It's finally time to bid farewell to this country, to this planet, isn't it, Lothrie?"

"Yes, Your Majesty..."

Riza felt a nostalgic sadness at parting with Earth. But Lothrie's thoughts were directed in a different direction from the Queen's.

'Earth is... a harsher planet than imagined. Can we really live on this planet? Can we...'

A lush and vibrant planet... Earth was indeed a planet blessed with abundant resources and food. At the same time, it was a planet with harsh environments such as extreme heat, storms, and cold, which couldn't be experienced within controlled colonies. Almost all members who accompanied the Earth inspection, including Lothrie, the second in command of the Union, had lost much of their longing to live on Earth.

A bureaucrat from the Japanese government informed the inspection team that the shuttle was ready. Upon hearing this through an aide, the Queen stood up and began to walk, with Lothrie following.

"Shall we go back then? To the fourth planet..."

The queen bid farewell to Earth. And she proceeded to return to Mars, their current base. Following this Earth visit, a promise had been made during the press conference for imminent withdrawal from Mars, thus the Queen's Court would soon have to return to the mothership. After the formal treaty with Earth, the Queen's Court would be relocated to Earth. Despite her subordinates' fading longing for Earth, the Queen eagerly awaited the day it would happen.

Amidst this, a diplomat suddenly rushed forward to the Queen. As the Queen's guards showed visible vigilance, the diplomat, Niwatsukino, breathlessly conveyed urgent matters.

"Pardon the intrusion, Your Majesty! Prime Minister Karakida has arrived with urgent matters to discuss!"

"!?"

Upon hearing Niwatsukino's words, the Queen and Lothrie exchanged puzzled expressions. Subsequently, they were guided to a staff meeting room within this terminal's administrative area. There stood Prime Minister Karakida of the Japanese Empire, accompanied by Defense Minister Koji Yamamoto.

"We apologize for requesting an audience just before your departure, but this matter is urgent," Karakida bowed and apologized for the rudeness to the Queen.

"We are aware of that... What is the matter, then?"

In place of the Queen, Lothrie, the trusted aide and chief of staff of the Queen's Court, inquired.

"Just now... an emergency communication arrived from Titan, the moon of the sixth planet, Saturn, reporting an attack by the Space Drifters Union forces. The human settlements on Titan and Enceladus have been devastated, and the International Federation Space Force stationed there has been virtually wiped out...!"

Karakida explained the current situation with a pallid countenance. The emergency transmission from the governing administration of the Saturn region was nothing but a betrayal from those who had been trying to build a friendship until just now.

"What does this mean!? We haven't issued such orders!"

The first to voice their astonishment was Lothrie from the Earth inspection team.

"However, Saturn has indeed been attacked by the Union's forces! That's the fact!" Defense Minister Yamamoto retorted loudly.

Then, a staff member of the IF Space Development Organization who had been standing behind the two spoke up.

"Just after the attack on Saturn... there was a statement from the Space Drifters Union directed towards Earth. Please have a look at this."

The staff member operated a wristwatch-like device, projecting a holographic display in front of the queen and her entourage. On it was a broadcast sent by the Space Drifters Union to the entire solar system. There was the figure of a man with blue skin, whom Queen Riza and her entourage were familiar with.

"Attention all inhabitants of Earth, I am Ganvo Le Mansi, the head representative of the Space Drifters Union's administration. You should be aware of our unfathomable fury at the unforgivable folly of assassinating Her Majesty the Queen. First Saturnus, then Venast, Mazner, Jupe... and finally Earth. Choose between utter annihilation or submission before then."

The broadcast ended there. Queen Riza and her attendants exchanged perplexed looks.

"Assassination...? What is Ganvo talking about?" Lothrie murmured quietly. As question marks danced above everyone's heads, Chief of the Royal Guard, Törner, considered one possibility.

"Could it be... that the Charians staged a coup in the absence of Her Majesty?"

Törner was considering the worst-case scenario. While the general populace, educated under the notion that the Queen is absolute, might not be aware, it was a well-discussed topic within the Royal Guard that certain factions within the upper echelons of the Charians, the most populous faction in the Union, harbored antagonism towards the Queen's Court.

"Lothrie... Contact the Meenan docked at Mazner immediately! As soon as we arrive at Mazner, we'll return to the mothership!"

Queen Riza instantly understood what needed to be done. It was imperative to return to the mothership as soon as possible to demonstrate her well-being. However, to thwart that, assassins sent by the Charians were creeping towards Mars. Simultaneously, fleets dispatched by the Space Drifters Union were nearing each of the inhabited planets in the solar system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 20

Suiryu, Mars

Here in the East Asian residential district of Suiryu in Mars, there stood a Korean restaurant where Itsuki and Sumiichiro were seated. On the table were various dishes such as jeon, corn cheese, and two servings of bibimbap. The two were using metal chopsticks to enjoy Pyongyang naengmyeon.

"Sometimes... eating out is nice, isn't it?"

"Haha, better than always struggling with amateurish homemade cooking..."

Upon hearing Sumiichiro's words, Itsuki giggled. Still a wanted fugitive, she camouflaged herself by wearing round glasses and a beret to conceal her identity. Three months had passed since the incident, and perhaps due to waning public interest, her true identity hadn't been exposed whenever she ventured outside. However, there was a shadow creeping closer to the two enjoying their family meal. That shadow discreetly approached Itsuki and leaned close to her ear to whisper.

"Oh my... the attempted regicide fugitive, defenseless in public."

"!!?"

Itsuki and Sumiichiro turned around to the source of the voice with utmost vigilance. There stood the "Fairy of Seleno Aqua" clad in casual attire.

"Oh! The 'witch' from back then!"

"Oh my, so you remembered me."

The figure present was the gondoliera named Aria Vephana-Daidouji, the fateful adversary Itsuki encountered in Seleno Aqua during the attempted regicide of the queen. Seleno Aqua, the only water city on Mars, boasted guided gondola tours led by female gondoliers as a tourist attraction. At the pinnacle of these gondoliers, sometimes likened to water fairies, was Aria.

"Why... are you here!?"

"On vacation. We've had a lot of free time since that incident."

Itsuki questioned why Aria, who was based in Seleno Aqua, was in the capital, Suiryu, but Aria answered nonchalantly. Following Itsuki's involvement in the attempted assassination of the Union Queen, the gondola business in Sereno Aqua had once again fallen into a state of temporary closure.

"So... I stopped by Suiryu for sightseeing. Let's try not to cause any trouble for the Space Drifters Union."

Despite the formal declaration of the end of occupation, Mars still had restrictions on interplanetary travel. For Aria and her fellow gondolieras who catered to tourists, the Space Drifters Union remained a thorn in their side.

"Well... let's keep quiet until things cool down for both of us."

With that, Aria moved to another seat away from Itsuki and Sumiichiro, who watched her with puzzled expressions.

. . .

Tharsis-Reihou Base, Second City Reihou

Further south of Suiryu lies the second city on Mars, Reihou, and on its outskirts stands Tharsis-Reihou Base. Following the collapse of Noct Mars Base, the headquarters of the IFSF Martian Area Force, during the attack on Mars, the headquarters of the Martian Area Force was relocated to this base. Numerous artificial satellites equipped with radar float in Mars' orbit, and controllers working at the base monitor these surveillance threads around the clock.

"...Emergency from the surveillance satellite!!"

At this moment, alarms reminiscent of those from the attack on Mars event echoed throughout the base. Control officers hurriedly communicated with various sectors, while maintenance crews and pilots at the fighter hangars hastily prepared for deployment. The radar displayed countless silhouettes of ships approaching from outer space.

"Numerous unidentified flying objects still approaching!"

"Unknown identification codes! Presumed to be the Space Drifters Union Forces!"

"42nd Air Group, prepare for deployment!"

The incursion of the Space Drifters Union forces had already been reported to Suiryu, the capital, and had become known to the Martian Administrative Agency. Additionally, the situation had been relayed to the Union Queen's Court based in Seleno Aqua.

. . .

Queen's Court, Off the coast of Third City Seleno Aqua

The radar aboard the spacecraft Meenan also detected the approaching fleet of spacecraft. Then, an official telegram arrived from Murei of the Martian Administration Agency, formally delivering a protest and request.

"Incoming telegram from the Mazner administration. 'Incoming Space Drifters Union. Please immediately clarify the situation and issue retreat orders to the fleet.'"

The Martian Administration Agency, representing humanity on Mars, demanded explanations for the fleet's approach and requested the Queen's Court to issue retreat orders to the fleet. The Martian Area Force of the IFSF had already prepared for deployment, awaiting the Queen's Court's response. However, this situation was a bolt from the blue for the Queen's Court as well. While the executives were absent, having gone to Earth, the remaining officials were frantically gathering information.

"These identification codes... they belong to the Queen's Guards!"

"...What!?"

The communication command room of the Meenan was thrown into disarray. The Queen's Guard, a separate entity from the ceremonial Queen's Royal Guard, was a military force with clear firepower unlike the ceremonial guard. Their primary mission was to serve as the last line of defense for the Queen's Court and to protect the Space Drifters Union's mothership from external threats. Hence, they were not typically deployed to remote locations like this.

"Issue immediate retreat orders to the Guards!"

"Understood!"

The commander of the communication command room issued orders to his subordinates. Countless silhouettes of ships were displayed on the main panel of the communication command room.

"What in the world are they thinking...!?"

The commander's face was filled with confusion and sweat. A situation unprecedented in the 1.300-year history of the Union was unfolding.

. . .

Martian Administrative Agency, Suiryu

The response from the Queen's Court (Meenan) located in Seleno Aqua was promptly delivered to the Martian Administrative Agency. In the specially established crisis room within the grand conference hall, information from various sources was flying back and forth. The head of the room, the Chief Administrator Murei listened to his subordinates' reports with a troubled expression.

"A reply from the Queen's Court! 'We did not issue any deployment orders. We have immediately issued retreat orders to the relevant fleet.'"

"What...!?" Murei exclaimed in astonishment. The fact that the Union's highest authority, the Queen's Court, did not acknowledge the unknown attack from the Space Drifters Union meant that this situation was unfolding beyond the scope of the Queen's intentions.

"Transmission from the International Federation! Saturn's vicinity has already been attacked!"

"The enemy fleet is still approaching!"

If they believed the stance of the Queen's Court, the approaching fleet was operating outside the orders of the absolute authority figures. Murei and his colleagues were beginning to realize that something significant was happening within the Union.

"Request deployment of the Martian Area Force! We will confront the Space Drifters Union forces!"

Murei once again resolved to fight against the Space Drifters Union. The request for deployment from the Martian Administrative Agency was promptly relayed to the Tharsis-Reihou Base.

. . .

Tharsis-Reihou Base

The IFSF Martian Area Force's new headquarters swiftly moved into action upon receiving the formal deployment request.

"Deploy the remaining space fleet and the 42nd Air Group! Protect this 'Desert and Sea Planet'!"

Martian Area Force Commander Michiyuki Aizawa decided to confront the enemy with the remaining forces on Mars. However, it was clear that the Martian Area Force had suffered significant losses in the initial attack on Mars, and the battle ahead seemed hopeless. Nevertheless, they couldn't retreat. Protecting the lives of the 1,4 billion inhabitants of Mars was their mission.

The International Federation Space Forces is an intergovernmental military organization formed by summoning the space forces of various countries under the command of the IF Security Council. At the apex is the Joint Chiefs of Staff Headquarters based in Washington D.C., which organizes expeditionary units not only to Mars but also to Venus, the Moon, and Jupiter, in addition to the devastated Saturnian Area Force and the Martian Area Force.

The primary objective of the organization is the rescue, assistance, and maintenance of security for the 2,9 billion Earthlings living on extraterrestrial bodies. Originally not designed to handle invaders from beyond the solar system, there was a significant disparity in firepower and military capability compared to the Space Drifters Union. Furthermore, due to tensions between nations, it was difficult to describe the organization as unified, and despite being heavily reliant on the Imperial Japanese Space Force in terms of military power, the multinational composition of the officer ranks hindered cohesion within the organization.

"All combat units, deploy immediately! Repeat, all combat units, deploy immediately!"

Emergency alarms blared throughout the base.

. . .

Mars' Outer Atmosphere

The atmospheric and space-capable fighter, the UF-4 Shooting Star, launched in abundance from various bases on Mars, swiftly ascended to reach the outer atmosphere. The Space Drifters Union Queen's Court guardian force was also closing in on Mars by the moment. Leading the 42nd Air Group, Commander Naoki Yotsumoto piloted the lead aircraft, leading his squadron towards the enemy fleet relentlessly harassing their allies.

"Saturn has already been annihilated! The ones in front of us are the enemy! All units, prepare yourselves!"

"Copy!"

"...Lock and load! 42nd Air Group, commence attack!"

Shigeno issued the order to commence combat to his wingmen. He reached for the missile launch controls. Each aircraft was equipped with hypersonic missiles designed for space combat.

"Sandworm 1... Fox 3!"

"Sandworm 9... Fox 3!"

"Sandworm 20... Fox 3!"

With the coded calls, the missiles flew off in a swarm. Guided by the weapon control AI, they flew at Mach 5 speeds towards the Union fleet. And one by one, those missiles collided with enemy ships.

"...Fuck!" Shigeno cursed in anguish. The Queen's Guards were closing in as if nothing had happened. And many of the fleet vessels simultaneously altered their courses, heading towards the northern hemisphere of Mars.

"...!? Where are they headed?"

Shigeno followed the fleet's path with his gaze. Their destination, along the coast of the Martian northern hemisphere, was the third city of Mars, Seleno Aqua.

Space Drifters Union Queen's Court Guard, Flagship Grinditz

A woman was overlooking the Martian Sea on the first bridge. This main bridge has display walls on all sides, vividly showing the Martian sea.

"...Is that sea...? Gorgeous!"

The supreme commander of the Queen's Guard, Witte-Sin Kargaie, blushes while gazing down at Mars. Including her, all the soldiers of the Guard could not take their eyes off the Martian Northern Ocean.

"Milady, are we really going to... attack the Queen's Court's Meenan?"

"Even if Her Majesty is absent..."

Meanwhile, some of the Guard's soldiers hesitated to commit to the mission assigned to them at this point. The task assigned to the Guard was to attack the flagship of the queen, the current Queen's Court, Meenan.

"An organization that has become so corrupt that it sought to cover even the atrocities of the Earthlings in an attempt to reconcile with them... is no longer necessary."

".........!"

Witte glared at her subordinates like a vixen. The subordinate man couldn't help but shiver.

"Better yet... launch unmanned combat drones from the mothership and scatter those noisy Earthlings."

"...Yes, ma'am!"

The soldiers on the bridge, following orders, operated the communication equipment and launched numerous unmanned combat drones from the space aircraft carrier stationed at the rear of the fleet. They flew like a swarm of bees, tracing irregular trajectories as they approached the Martian fighter squadrons and the fleet.

Martian Area Force Flagship, Space Cruiser Agano

Meanwhile, the Martian fighter squadron 42nd Air Group found itself in a situation where they had no effective means to counter the Queen's Guard. The Martian Area Force's space combat fleet, which appeared in space belatedly, began artillery bombardment against the Guard's fleet.

"42nd Air Group, commence support fire!"

"All ships, prepare for main cannon firing! Ammunition: self-guided armor-piercing shells!"

"...Fire at will!"

Captain Kaiji Azumaya, the fleet commander of the Imperial Japanese Space Forces, issued attack orders to all ships. Immediately, the vast electrical power generated in each ship's fusion reactor was channeled into the main gun barrels, launching ultra-high-speed projectiles. The armor-piercing shells propelled by Lorentz force flew through space without losing momentum due to air resistance. The swarm of bullets locked onto their targets and flew toward the enemy vessels.

"Attack ineffective! Barrier penetration failed!"

The space fleet and fighters of the Space Drifters Union were all protected by extremely powerful electromagnetic barriers, rendering Earth's attacks ineffective.

"...I heard about it, but to be this powerless!" Azumaya muttered bitterly, feeling like he had bitten into a bitter pill. The other soldiers also paled. Shortly after, numerous unmanned combat drones were launched from the enemy fleet.

"Provide cover for the fighters! Prepare for guided missile launch!"

"Radar target detected!"

"...Bird's away!"

Countless air defense missiles were launched from the missile cells of each ship. Guided by artificial intelligence, they flew towards the targeted enemy fighters. Soon after, countless flashes blossomed in space. However, the enemy fighters emerged from the flashes as if nothing had happened, shooting down friendly aircraft.

"Fuck...!" Azumaya cursed.

The destruction of the Martian fleet would occur just 15 minutes later.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

188K 11K 139
After falling to my death due to poor maintenance on a viewing platform over a ravine, I find myself having an audience with God. In return for my un...
1.8K 86 10
The Reader, The Protagonist, and The Writer Just some happenings on their daily lives cover credit ▶ @BLACKBOX9158 @1L9l2Aa8UCL0IGJ on twitter
13.9K 238 116
Author: Bai Jiu Run a tavern and get more new items through gacha. Decorate your tavern, build farms and pastures, harvest a wide variety of produce...