Ace

By j0hannawrites

Book 1 of the card deck series. I resented her with every bone in my body. I ran far from her as quick as I... More

Character Introductions!
Playlist!
Ace
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Five

18 3 9
By j0hannawrites

I've been sleeping a thousand years, it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
- Evanescence

~ Aurora ~

My eyes shot open, and I looked around. A woman in front of me, smiled softly at me. She backed away, taking the small pack of smelling salt away from my nose.

"Hello Aurora. I'm Lyric." She spoke softly, and I nodded my head. She grabbed me a bottle of water and opened it before holding it to my lips. I drank half of it, breathing slow, making sure to not hurt myself.

"Where am I?" I said, moving my body a little at a time to make sure I could feel everything.

"Your at a safe house. A Spanish mafia safe house." I raised my eyebrow at her words, grabbing the sides of the hospital bed. I tried to pull myself up, but she helped me.

"Thank you." I said, leaning against the back of it as she adjusted the bed to my liking.

"Of course, Miss Aurora. I'm going to get Alexander now, will you be okay?" She asked, and I nodded. She walked out of the room, before I was stuck there in silence. I licked my lips, looking around at the room. The walls were a shade of blue, and the windows weren't covered. I looked out of them, seeing New York City beneath me. I let out a sigh, grateful to be in the city still. The door opened and three men walked in. I looked at them, blankly, giving them no sort of emotions. I needed to know what they wanted, and I needed to know if I would need to escape.

"Alexander isn't here right now, therefore you will be meeting his right hand men." Lyric say down on the bed, looking at me with a motherly smile.

"I'm Dominic, but everyone calls me Dom." He held his hand out to me, and I slowly took it. He smiled, and I stayed on edge. He had dimples and looked like a funny guy.

"I'm Yusuf." The next male shook my hand, a small smile on his face as he looked at me. The smile quickly went away and became serious.

"And I'm Abel." The final guy shook my hand and I shook it back. They all looked at me, and I couldn't read the expression on their faces.

"Midas sent us to look for you. He was also looking for you, but we are more skilled in that aspect." Dom said, smiling at me as he sat on my bed after Lyric got up to check my vitals.

"Midas? Where is he?" I asked, sitting up straighter and looking around the giant room, trying to find him.

"Don't worry, honey, we've got in contact with him. He's on the way." I let out a deep breath and looked at the men. I let my guard down, slightly, closing my eyes before I felt a hand place on top of mine.

"If you need anything, we are here for you. We know how brutal Kelly can be." Dom chuckled at his own words.

"You have no idea." I said, smiling softly.

"If you ever need anything, we are one call away. Just bully Midas for his phone and look up our names." Dom said, and I could tell that he was the jokester of the group.

"You look so familiar." I hear Yusuf say, and I looked at him with confusion before tilting my head to the side.

"She does." Abel mumbled, and I looked back at Dom.

"I have no idea what those two idiots are talking about, so let's ignore them! Actually, go get us food for her! Poor girl must be starving." Before anyone could move a muscle, the door swung open.

I felt the tears prick my eyes, for real this time when I laid my eyes on Midas. His hair was curly, but messy. He had on a tank top and grey sweatpants. He looked like he just woke up. I let my eyes trail down his features. His face looked tougher, colder, and he had a little scruff on his face. I wanted to run my hand down it. He looks like he hasn't shaved since I left.

His muscles looked even more defined, and I noticed the daisies that littered his arms. The tattoos looked fresh. His mouth hung open, and I sucked my lip into my mouth to bit my lip to stop me from crying. I watched as his eyes turned glossy, and that's when the tears fell from my eyes. Dom got up, and I lifted my arms up towards Midas. My body wracked with sobs before he wrapped his arms around me tightly. He made sure to be gentle, but he kept his arms around me in a protective manner. I never realized how much I needed his protectiveness.

He pulled away from the hug, cupping my head in his hand. His thumb ran across my cheek where I was cut. I winced, and his gaze hardened. His hands traveled, looking at the bruises and cuts all over me. The hospital gown covered most of it, but my exposed skin was enough for him to look like he wanted to kill.

"We found her, and she was shot in the abdomen. A man on top of her." Yusuf said. I didn't pull my gaze from Midas's face. His touch made me feel automatically better. It made me feel strong, and powerful. It made me feel safe.

"Where is he." He gritted, not pulling his eyes away from me.

"He's in the basement. We will have him transferred to your basement right now." Abel walked out of the room, calling someone on his phone.

"Look at the love birds." Dom sighed, and I rolled my eyes, not looking away from Midas's gaze.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt? Did this woman hurt you? I'll kill her. Do you want me to kill-" He rambled, causing both men to laugh.

"I'm okay, Midas. I just want to go home." I said, laying my head in the crook of his neck. His hand ran through my hair while the other ran down my back.

"We can go home." He whispered, holding me close to him.

"Would you like any help?" Dom offered and Midas shook his head no. Lyric placed clothes on the bed and I smiled at her gratefully. She left the room, and I sat up, wincing.

"Can you go get my prisoner?" Midas said, and I looked at the clothes in front of me.

"Of course." Yusuf said, opening the door.

"I'm gonna let you get ready. I'll be outside of the door if you need anything." Dom quickly left the room, leaving Midas and I in silence. He cupped my face in his hands, before kissing me. The kiss was soft and slow. It was full of passion, and adrenaline. He pulled away quickly, scared of hurting me.

"Can you help me?" I asked him, and he nodded his head. He grabbed both of my hands, helping me up from the bed. I groaned, slowly moving. Once I stood, his hands wrapped around my waist gently, but still held me up.

"I can close my eyes." He closed his eyes quickly, and I chuckled. I tried to untie the hospital gown, but my body screamed in pain.

"Please open your eyes and help me." I muttered, closing my eyes, scared of his reaction. I opened my eyes, feeling his gaze on me. I turned around slowly, and I felt his hands brush my spine. He untied the gown, and I turned around to face him. He pulled it off, the bra and underwear covering my body as much as I wanted it to. I covered my chest, and he clenched his jaw.

"I'm going to fucking kill them." He seethed, and I could feel the anger radiating off of him.

"I'm okay now." I tried to reason, grabbing the shirt.

"I'm going to burn the Irish and Russian mafia to the ground." He muttered, putting the shirt over my head. I slowly put my arms in. Midas grabbed the sweatpants before I sat on the edge of the bed. He kneeled in front of me, slipping my legs into the sweatpants before I stood up slowly. He pulled the pants up, rising up as he did.

"Thank you." I said, nodding my head.

"Always." He spoke, a small smile graced his face.

"Now can we go home?" I asked, and he nodded quickly. He wrapped his arm around me, letting me lean my weight on him as we walked. He opened the door, and Dom stood there with a smile.

"I can carry you." Midas said, going to pick me up before I stopped him.

"I have legs for a reason." I narrowed my eyes at him and he chuckled.

"Did you just chuckle?" Dom said, raising his eyebrow at him. Midas looked at Dom with a blank stare as we walked to the elevator.

"No." Midas said to Dom, before I laughed loudly. The elevator went down and we stopped at the main level. We got off and I walked through the building with Midas's help. People stared at me and I felt Midas tense behind me.

"Who's this bitch? We spent weeks saving her for her to just leave almost instantly?" I heard a girl scoff, and I rolled my eyes.

"Go cry about it, if you're so upset I'm leaving this quickly." I said, rolling my eyes at her. Small chuckles could be heard from around the room.

"Who the fuck do you think your talking to!" She yelled, walking towards me with a look of anger on her face. I reached back, grabbing the gun from Midas's waistband and turning the safety off. I placed the gun between her eyes, and took a step toward her. Midas reached out for me, thinking I was going to fall or stumble.

"I should be asking you that, bitch." I seethed. You could hear a pin drop in the room.

"I'm Angelina Walker." I rolled my eyes.

"And I could care less." I smiled sarcastically, wanting to leave.

"Aurora, let's go." I felt Midas's hand place on my lower back gently.

"Who's your bitch?" She chuckled, and I gripped the gun tighter. I looked at Dom whose mouth was hung open and he looked angry.

"Watch it, whore." Midas said, and her face dropped.

"Control your bitch." Angelina said, and I clenched my jaw.

"Aurora, baby, would you like me to bark like one?" Her face dropped, and I smiled.

"No." I said, looking at Dom who nodded his head at me. I lowered the gun, and handed it back to Midas.

"If I ever come back here, and you so much of as look at me the wrong way, I will not hesitate to fucking kill you." I spoke low. I could feel Midas's dick harden against my lower back, causing me to chuckle.

"We're leaving!" Midas said, pushing me out of the building quickly but making sure I wasn't getting hurt. We sat in the car, and Midas told the driver we were good. Midas placed his hand on my thigh, and I felt my body pool with heat.

"Seeing you that way turned me on so fucking much." He breathed out, grabbing my thigh softly before rubbing circles on it.

"Better get used to it." I said, looking up at him with a smirk on my face. The drive was silent, but not awkward. I laid my body against Midas who didn't seem to care. He sat there, rubbing his hands on me in a comforting manner. We pulled into the driveway of the mansion that I was so familiar with.

"Are my brothers here?" I asked while he lifted me out of the car and placed me on the ground. I walked toward the door slowly, but he came around to help me.

"They haven't left." He mumbled, before the doors opened to the mansion. I let out a deep breath as I stared at everyone. The entire Italian mafia stood in the dining room, heads lowered as a sign of respect. I felt Midas freeze behind me, and I knew that he had no clue what was happening.

"We missed you, Capa." One of the people said and I felt my heart beat incredibly fast.

(Boss.)

"Aurora!" Dlo yelled, pushing his way through the crowd. He slowed down as he got to me, but grabbed me tightly, hugging me. I wrapped my arms around him quickly, holding him tight.

"Move, it's our turn." Yomar grumbled, pulling Dlo off of me. Yomar held me tightly, ruffling my hair. I smiled up at Abu, who smiled down at me.

"Hey baby sis." He kissed my forehead, hugging me. I finally felt at home again. I had my brothers, I had Midas, and I had more people now. When I pulled away from the hug, I was tackled into another hug. I hissed in pain, stumbling back into Midas who held my hips to keep me grounded.

"Easy, Josie." Midas spoke harshly, and she nodded quickly.

"I'm so sorry! I never meant for anything to happen to you! I'm so sorry that you got taken in my place." Tears filled her eyes and I smiled softly.

"I'd rather it be me over you, any day." I said, and she shook her head. Matteo walked up to me, tears in his eyes but he blinked them away.

"Thank you, Aurora." Matteo grabbed me, pulling me into a hug. It was a brotherly hug, just like how my brothers hugged me.

"Bring it in, girlfriend!" Leo yelled, pushing Matteo away from me, and hugging me.

"She's not your girlfriend." Midas said, pushing him off of me.

"Oh come on man! It was a joke!" Leo yelled and I found myself smiling.

"Welcome back, Capa." Everyone bowed their heads as I moved through the dining room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 83.2K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
242K 4.6K 51
DISCLAIMER THIS BOOK IS NOT A SLOWBURN, WROTE THIS A YEAR AGO AND IT NEEDS EDITING. 𝐀 π‹πŽπ•π„π‹π„π’π’ πŒπ€π‘π‘πˆπ€π†π„ 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 πˆππ“πŽ π’πŽπŒπ„...
138K 2.4K 12
"When you are done admiring my house, I want to make something clear to you. What happened tonight should never repeat itself again, because if it do...
2K 63 23
(Book 1 of His Mafia series) My lover, Stefano. I was so captivated by his love and lust I let the most obvious details slip through the cracks. I b...