Jupiter | Harry James Potter

By simp4blainchel

"𝑯𝒆𝒓 π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’π’π’š π’ƒπ’“π’π’˜π’ π’†π’šπ’†π’” π’ƒπ’†π’„π’‚π’Žπ’† 𝒂 π’„π’π’Žπ’Žπ’π’ π’π’‚π’π’…π’Žπ’‚π’“π’Œ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

characters ; notes
prologue
act i ; mercury
i ; the search
ii ; nightmares
iii ; magical menagerie
iv ; acromantula
v ; pretty
vi ; the snake
vii ; tea
viii ; genius
ix ; the boggart
x ; know-it-all
xi ; rain
xii ; galleons
xiii ; harry's firebolt
xiv ; moony
xv ; crystal ball
xvi ; stupid
xvii ; the exams
xviii ; under the tree
xix ; would've, could've, should've
xx ; bad idea
xxi ; back in time
xxii ; always been you
xxiii ; the photo
act ii ; venus
i ; sunlight
ii ; secrets
iv ; beautiful
v ; veela
vi ; morsmordre
vii ; harry potter and the flying shoe
viii ; death wish
ix ; crucio
x ; promises, promises
xi ; the owlery
xii ; the arrival
xiii ; spit it out
xiv ; gonna be okay
xv ; dragons
xvi ; the article
xvii ; fire
xviii ; teenagers
xix ; the boy who kissed me
xx ; someone in particular
xxi; the deadline
xxii ; major tosser
xxiii ; definitely
xxiv ; the way i loved you
xxv ; potentially problematic
xxvi ; water
xxvii ; denial
xxviii ; searching
xxix ; cheater
xxx ; stupid(er)

iii ; the portkey

81 8 7
By simp4blainchel

"Harry!" I yelled, holding a candle up to Harry's sleeping face as he shook back in forth. I knew this feeling too well. He was dreaming of Voldemort.

"Are you okay?"

His eyes opened in a flash, and he stopped shaking. He jolted up, his forehead slightly sweaty from the nightmare. He watched me for a moment as if he was unsure who I was. His hand fumbled around on his nightstand for his glasses, and he smashed them onto his face.

"Oh. Jupiter." He sighed with relief.

"Did you seriously not know it was me?" I asked with a slight laugh as I backed away from him a bit.

"'M blind." He muttered sleepily.

"Wake up!" Hermione hissed next to Harry's bed. "Wake up, Ronald!" She was very close to Ron's face, and he tossed and turned groggily.

"Ronald!" She shoved her candle in his face. It was so close that it could've caught his bangs on fire if he moved any closer.

"Bloody hell!" He gasped, sitting up and covering his shirt-less chest with his Chudley Cannons blanket.

"Honestly, get dressed." Hermione snapped, placing her candle on Ron's nightstand. Harry's hand went to his scar on his forehead, and he winced in pain.

"Voldemort?" I asked softly, and he nodded.

"Come on, Ron!" Hermione yelled from the doorway. "Your mother has breakfast ready!"

Ron rolled his eyes and fell back into his bed, his mouth wide open.

"Get up!" I yelled, hitting him with one of his own pillows.

"Ow!" He whined. "I thought you'd be nicer than her."

"You thought wrong, Weasley. Get up." I scoffed as I left the room.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the table in the kitchen.

"We've got a bit of a walk." Mr. Weasley said happily as he flicked through the Daily Prophet. Everyone in the room, including Hermione and I, let out a large, tired groan.

"Walk?" Harry asked as Mrs. Weasley loaded his plate with bacon. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away." Mr. Weasley smiled. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup —"

"George!" Mrs. Weasley yelled, and we all jumped.

"What?" George asked in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"

Mrs. Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" Mrs. Weasley shouted furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

The twins had clearly attempted to sneak out as many toffees from the house as they could. Mrs. Weasley had to resort to her Summoning Charm in order to locate and retrieve all of them, creating quite the unpleasant scene.

"Accio! Accio! Accio!" She shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sorts of unlikely places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh, what a fine way to spend six months!" She shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"

"Well, have a lovely time." Mrs. Weasley said as we walked out of the Burrow with our heavy backpacks and dragging feet. "And behave yourselves!" She called after the twins' retreating backs, but they did not look back or answer. "I'll send Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday." Mrs. Weasley said to Mr. Weasley, as he, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and I set off across the dark yard after Fred and George.

The air held a chill, with the moon lingering in the sky. A faint, greenish hue on the horizon hinted at the impending dawn, gradually approaching to our right.

"Ron, where are we going?" Harry asked after what felt like twenty minutes of walking through the woods.

"Dunno." Ron shrugged, then called out to his dad, "Dad! Where are we going?"

"Haven't the foggiest!" Mr. Weasley yelled from the front of the group cheerily. "Keep up!"

"Arthur!" A loud voice yelled. "It's about time, son!" Two tall figures were silhouetted against the starry sky on the other side of the hilltop.

"Sorry, Amos! Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start!" Mr. Weasley said, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted. The rest of us followed.

Mr. Weasley was shaking hands with a ruddy-faced wizard with a scrubby brown beard.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone." Mr. Weasley announced. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

I definitely knew Cedric Diggory. Cedric Diggory was an extremely handsome sixth year. He was Captain and Seeker of the Hufflepuff House Quidditch team at Hogwarts, and he didn't make an attempt in hiding his interest in me. I didn't mind.

"Hi," said Cedric, looking around at us.
Everybody said 'hi' back except Fred and George, who merely nodded. They had never quite forgiven Cedric for beating Gryffindor in the first Quidditch match of the previous year.

"Merlin's beard!" Amos Diggory gasped as we continued to walk through the forest. He stopped next to Harry. "You must be Harry Potter!"

"Jupiter Lestrange, right?" Cedric asked as he casually fell in next to me amidst the group.

"Black, actually. And you can call me Jove." I said, looking up at him. His eyes widened a bit, but he showed no sign of freaking out like a few of the kids last year whenever I corrected them.

"Black?" He asked hesitantly. "Like Si-"

"My dad." I smiled.

He paused for a moment as he processed it. "Alright. Nice to finally get to talk to you, Jove Black."

"You know, you could've just said more than 'hi' to me last year." I laughed softly. I was trying to seem as smooth as possible, but I knew I was probably coming off as embarrassing and flustered.

"Believe me, I tried." Cedric sighed. "Every time I was going to talk to you, I'd get a death glare from Potter. Looked like he was about to hex me."

"You're joking." I muttered, my mouth open in disbelief.

"I'm not." Cedric laughed. "I reckon it's just because he's a protective friend, right? That's all?"

"Yeah, we're just friends." I said quickly. I had been pining over Harry for years. It wouldn't hurt to move on, and it definitely wouldn't hurt to move on with Cedric Diggory.

"Good to know." Cedric said with a slight smirk. I felt my face getting hot as I looked to the ground to try and avoid even more embarrassment than he had already caused me. Something about Cedric Diggory made me feel like I was under a love potion. He was incredibly charming, and he knew it.

"It's just over there!" Amos called from behind the group as we reached the top of a grassy hill. There was an old leather boot sitting on the peak. "Get yourself into a good position."

We all circled around the portkey, and I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself for the flight.

"Time to go!" Amos yelled, and Harry got on the ground next to me.

"What's a portkey?" He asked as we all touched the boot.

"One!"

"Two!"

I opened my eyes and saw Harry's hand still on the floor, and not on the portkey.

"Harry!" Mr. Weasley yelled, and I grabbed Harry's wrist and put his hand on the boot instantly.

"Three!"

It happened immediately: I felt as though I had been suddenly jerked forward and pulled off of the ground by some magnetic force. I could feel Harry and Hermione on either side of me, their shoulders banging into mine. I didn't dare look down, even though I wouldn't be able to see the ground as we were sped forward in a howl of wind and swirling color. My left hand was on the boot, while my right was holding Harry's wrist still.

"Let go!" Mr. Weasley yelled.

"What?" Hermione yelled in confusion as she gripped the boot even harder.

Harry let go first, unsurprisingly, and since I was holding onto him, I fell second.

Plummeting towards the ground at an insane speed, the wind roared in my ears, drowning out all other sounds. Suddenly, I felt myself slam into the ground, knocking the wind out of my lungs in an instant.

"I'll bet that cleared your sinuses, aye?" Amos laughed as he, Mr. Weasley and Cedric effortlessly floated down while the rest of us were on our backs or stomachs on the grassy hill.

Cedric held out a hand as he stood in front of me, and I quickly took it.

"Thanks." I smiled as he helped me back to my feet.

"Anytime." He said, and the group began to quickly walk again, all of us blindly following Amos and Mr. Weasley.

"Well, kids! Welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!"

Below the hill was a marvelous campsite, full of tents that spread on for atleast a kilometer, each of them sporting different flags for Ireland or Belgium. There were wizards on brooms flying high above us where several different games of Quidditch were taking place.

We walked through the bustling campsite which was full of families, resellers, kids and decorations. There wasn't a bit of empty space in sight.

"Parting of the ways, old chap!" Amos said to Mr. Weasley at the front of the group.

"See you at the match!" Mr. Weasley grinned as they shook hands.

"I'll see you guys at school, then." Cedric said to the rest of us with a polite smile "Oh, Jove... expect my owl." Amos held open his tent for his son, and then they vanished out of sight.

I felt my feet freeze under me, and my jaw drop in shock. My face was flushing red, that I was sure of and I heard Hermione and Ginny let out excited squeals.

"You're kidding me!" Ginny gasped as she grabbed me by the shoulder and jumped up and down.

"You're so lucky!" Hermione beamed. "I wish he would owl me!"

A small, annoyed scoff came from Ron, who was standing next to Harry as they watched us in disgust. Harry was chewing on the inside of his cheek as his green eyes stared at me.

Mr. Weasley continued to walk through the crowd, and we followed him blindly. I felt Harry's gaze on me the rest of the walk, and I started to get extremely uncomfortable. I thought about what Cedric said, about how Harry was just a protective friend. It was the only explanation that seemed to be possible.

"Home sweet home!" Mr. Weasley said, holding open the flap to an incredibly small tent. We all shared confused glances, even Fred and George before they shrugged their shoulders and entered the tent.

Hermione, Ginny and I walked into the tent, but it was nothing like we were expecting. The tall walls were adorned with patched-up tapestries and colorful banners, quirky ornaments and magical trinkets were scattered about, and the furniture, though it was mismatched, seemed to be extremely comfortable and somehow fit the atmosphere inside of the magical tent.

"Girls, choose a bunk and unpack!" Mr. Weasley ordered as Ginny picked up a pillow from the sofa and hit me with it. I pulled it out of her hands and threw it at her, to which she ducked and it hit Hermione.

"Get out of the kitchen, Ron, we're all hungry!" Mr. Weasley yelled as a full-blown pillow fight started between Hermione, Ginny and I.

"Get out of the kitchen, Ron!" Fred and George repeated as they sat at the table and deflected a stray pillow.

"Feet off the table!" Mr. Weasley called to the twins, who were reclining on the kitchen table happily. "And stop fighting!"

"Feet off the table, and stop fighting!" The twins repeated, neither of them moving their feet.

A/N
yes i aged down cedric what about it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 101 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
401K 15.7K 132
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
21.9K 505 65
Jupiter Black is the daughter of the infamous murderer Sirius Black. Her mother, Marlene McKinnon, died when Jupiter was just a baby and her father i...
721K 21.9K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...