Beach Babe | The Outsiders |...

By help280

Stacy Greene has just moved to town from California to get away from her past. She meets a gang of 'greasers'... More

| New | 1 |
| Fun | 2 |
| Introductions | 3 |
| Night | 4 |
| Live | 5 |
| Preparations | 6 |
| Party | 7 |
| Mystery | 8 |
| Job | 9 |
| Call | 10 |
| Meeting | 11 |
| Confusion | 12 |
| Goodbye | 13 |
| Box | 14 |
| Shopping | 15 |
| Yell | 16 |
| Sleep | 17 |
| Ready | 18|
| Classes | 19 |
| Parking Lot | 20 |
| Faint | 21 |
| Laced | 22 |
| Date | 23 |
| Break | 24 |
| Stupid | 25 |
| Dumb fun | 26 |
| Explain | 27 |
| Dinner | 28 |
| Nights | 29 |
| Reading | 30 |
| Finally | 31 |
| Punch | 32 |
| Round Two | 33 |
Break
| Jumped | 34 |
| Job | 35 |
| Long | 36 |
| Seriously?! | 37 |
| Terrible | 38 |
| Delicate | 39 |
| Love | 40 |
| Dream | 41 |
| Odd | 42 |
| Answered | 43 |
| Oh | 44 |
WHAT
| Window | 45 |
| No | 46 |
| Lord. | 47 |
| Future | 48 |
| Princess | 49 |
| Movie | 51 |
| Backseat | 52 |
| Fountain | 53 |
| Missing | 54 |
| Voice | 55 |
| Plastered | 56 |
| Council | 57 |
| Spy | 58 |
| Dumbfounded | 59 |
| Sick | 60 |

| Corvair | 50 |

206 4 6
By help280

    We all took off running. He was fairly close to the house. We turned the corner and saw that there were five Socs on him. We all ran over and started getting them off Ponyboy, we chased them back to their red Corvair. Some of us were hitting them through the windows, unfortunately one of them got a good punch in on Steve's nose. We threw rocks and anything that looked heavy at them. One of us managed to dent their door, don't mess with Greasers. Dally threw a comically large stick to the retreating car, I don't know why, but he did. We chased them down the street shouting and throwing shit, Sodapop didn't though, he went back to Ponyboy.

    When the Socs were gone we all went back over to where Pony was, he didn't look too bad, he had a cut on his neck that was bleeding a lot but other than that he was fine. He did look on the verge of tears though. All three of the brothers were talking amongst themselves, Darry looked annoyed for some reason.

"Did ya catch 'em?" Pony asks

"Nope. They got away, the no good, madras wearin', Corvair drivin', stupid hair, boozehound.." Two-Bit went on relentlessly making fun of them and calling them every name under the sun.

Dal came strutting over "The kid's okay?" Ponyboy nodded.

Dal lit two cigarettes and handed one to Johnny and started taking a drag off the other, then everyone was smoking, well except me and Soda. I don't particularly enjoy my throat closing and having trouble breathing so I got up and stood a few feet away. I wasn't sure why my body did that if there was too much smoke, it just did. I went to a doctor when I was 8 for it and they said everything was normal so I guess everyone gets that?

    I leaned against a tree breathing in the cold air and trying to get my throat completely open again. I had to cough a few times before regaining my full breathing capacity. After a couple minutes they were all done with their cigarettes so I walked back over and stood next to Johnny.

"-I'm walkin' over to the Nightly Double tomorrow night. Anybody want to come and hunt some action?" Dally asks. That's a grease Drive-In right? I think it is.

Steve shakes his head "Me and Soda are picking up Sandy and going racing."

Darry sighs "Can't, I'm working tomorrow night."

Dally looked at those of us who hadn't said anything yet "What about y'all? Two-Bit? Pony? Johnnycake, you and Stacy wanna come?"

"I'll go." Pony turns to Darry "Wait- can I?"

Darry nods "Yeah, since there isn't school tomorrow either." There isn't?

Johnny looked over at me and raised his brows, asking without asking. "Sure, why not."  Maybe it'll take some stress off my shoulders or something, I can't remember the last time I went out and did something like that. Hopefully it'll just be a nice stress free night.

"I was planning on getting boozed up tomorrow night" Two-Bit says "If I don't I'll walk over and find y'all."

I look over at Steve and Soda who had been leaning against some ol' car to see Steve attempt a flip off of it and fail. I laughed pretty hard. He ran off after.

Two-Bit walked over and got into his car "You guys wanna give me a push start?"

"Not really but we will." Ponyboy said walking towards the back of the car, me and Johnny did the same. We pushed the car a few feet before we heard the engine kick up and he drove off.

"Hey I think I'm going to head home, I'm quite tired and might just go crash." I say. That was only really half true, I was tired but I actually just wanted to go see if my brothers were back.

"I'll walk you." Johnny says

Pony went inside while me and Johnny set off, it was a nice quiet walk, the sun was just starting to set and it was getting real cold.

About halfway to my house Johnny broke the silence "What's wrong?"

He can tell when something's wrong without me telling him? "My dumbass brothers. They weren't home when I went to get ready for work. If they aren't there when we get there I might just go insane."

"I'm sorry Stacy. Anything I can do to help?" He asks

"Don't run off without telling me. Or if you do leave a note or somethin'." I say

"I'd never run off." He pauses "And if I did it'd probably be with you." That doesn't sound half bad right now.

"I might have to take you up on that, life's getting too complicated."

"Where would we go?" He asks

I shrug "Dunno. Florida? They got beaches and country there."

He furrows his brow "Don't they also have extreme humidity, gators, a ton of mosquitoes, crazy folks, and hurricanes?"

"Yeah but that's nothing, we can get past it." We arrive at my door "You staying tonight?"

He shakes his head "No I'm heading back to my place, need a clean change of clothes."

I give him a hug and a kiss "Alright well, if things get rough come over. I don't care what time it is." He nods and starts to walk off. I take a deep breath before opening the door.

I see Theo sitting at the dining room table going to town on Darry's chocolate cake. I grab a fork and sit across from him "Hey where were you? Also is August here?"

"We went to the store and got Halloween decorations, then we just wandered 'round town all day. And yeah he's here, he's passed out in his room." Thank god that's all they did. I don't have to kill anyone. I see five plastic bags a few feet away by the entrance to the kitchen, I'm guessing those are the decorations. "How was your date?" He asks with a mouthful.

"Absolutely great. I love him, I really really do." I take a few bites from the cake "Thank you for that by the way, he told me you helped set it up." I pause "Also next time, leave a note for gods sake." He nods

"You're welcome. So on your date.. did you two.." he wiggles his eyebrows at me and smirks

My face instantly burns up "Theodore! No! What is wrong with you!"

"I just thought that was why he planned the whole thing! I mean he made a bed then took you to a romantic secluded place. What else was I supposed to think was happening!" He ain't exactly wrong but that's still gross.

"Well nothing like that happened. We looked at the stars then fell asleep. That's all."

He shoves a fistful of cake into his mouth "..You didn't even think about it?"

I toss a piece of cake at him "No! No. No... okay maybe.. not for very long though." He starts laughing at me "Shut up asshat!"

"I didn't even say anything dipshit!" He continues laughing.

I smile "Whatever! I'm going to bed. Don't eat the whole cake, you'll get sick." I carved out a big piece with my fork and carried it with me as I went upstairs. As soon I got to my room I changed and laid down.

I'm pretty excited for tomorrow.

     I jolted awake but couldn't remember why. I wasn't sure if I had any dreams or nightmares, I got woke up suddenly I guess. I got dressed in a brown leather jacket, a deep green sleeveless shirt, some dark denim jeans, and my brown clunky boots. I did some light brown eyeshadow and some eyeliner, I put my hair into two low braids on either side then wrapped them around my head and pinned them up.

(Basically Wednesday's hairstyle from that prom episode... I'm still scarred from that dance being everywhere.)

I had a good feeling about today, I was going out with my friends and boyfriend and I was gonna have fun. Today is going to be a good day. I shoved dad's pistol into my waistband underneath my shirt and headed downstairs.

Theo was standing on the counter in the kitchen with half the cabinets open "Where is the.."

"Whatcha doin?" I ask

"Looking for that recipe box. I got ingredients for pumpkin pie." He says rummaging through the cabinet full of spices.

I walk over to where the recipe box is, it's sitting out in the open on the counter against the fridge. "Right here eagle eyes." He hops off the counter and walks over to me, I open it and start to flip through the many index cards with recipes written on them. I find the pumpkin pie recipe and hand it to him "Can I help?" I ask.

"Sure, you probably know how to make it better than I do." I 100% do. Rich, dad, and I always made food and desserts together, one of our favorites was pumpkin pie. One time after I got done making one Rich came in pissed off and we got into a big fight and he smashed it in my face, then I threw some of the chunks at him. We couldn't stay mad when our faces were covered in  pie, we both burst out laughing. Dad was not amused, the kitchen looked like a warzone.

"What do we do first?" Theo asks

I flip the card around and it has a list of all the ingredients and measurements "Get all these out."

"Got it."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Had my audition today! It went okay, the lady said I 100% got cast though. But the cast list won't come out for a few more weeks unfortunately.
Thanks for reading!!

Word count : 1645

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 159 23
" Stupidity" 𝙔/𝙉 𝙍𝙚𝙚𝙙 a 16 year old girl who faces many challenges of her own such as her manipulative parents, shes known at her school for he...
176K 3.8K 62
A collection of Headcannons based on different scenarios with the gang. For more romantic type scenarios check out my other book "Staying Gold." A co...
199K 3.1K 42
When Nicole Winston is kicked out of her New York home by her alcoholic and abusive father, she only has one person to turn to: her brother. The prob...