𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓞𝓯 𝓤𝓼

By Mascara_Monster10

*CHARACTERS, NAMES AND PLACES IN THIS STORY ARE OWNED BY JOSS WHEDON AND OTHER CREATORS OF THE BUFFYVERSE. I... More

𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓽
𝓐𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓼
𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽
0 | Prologue
01 | Never Be Too Sure, It Always Ends In Murder
02 | Changing The Topic (From Organ Harvesting To Colleges)
03 | Vampire Kissy-ness
04 | Its Giving FBI Agent In A Low Budget Detective Show
05 | Growl vs. Grull
06 | Bonnie and Clyde Except Its The 90s And We're Not Committing Murder
07 | Main Character Moments And How NOT To Execute Them
08 | Hellmouths, High School And Hot Demons
09 | I'm Under Your ~Evil~ Spell
10 | Sparkage and Sincerity
11 | Wow (Or In Other Words, Holy Crap You're Hot)
12 | Sparks Fly When Demons Die
13 | Loving Someone You Hate For 234- Year-Old Straight Males
14 | Oh Lord
15 | The End Of The Fairytale
17 | Where's A Slayer When You Need One?
18 | The End (Well, Kind Of)
19 | Epilogue
𝓐𝓬𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓵𝓮𝓭𝓰𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼

16 | Would You Still Be Thanking Me If You Knew Who I Were?

3 2 0
By Mascara_Monster10

I was back.

Back where he left me.

I couldn't escape him, no matter how hard I tried.

No matter how far I ran.

I would always end up back where it all began.

Or really, back where it all ended.

Back where everything broke down into pieces.

Or at least it did for me.

Maybe he was somewhere else, under the shade of the dark alleys, perfectly fine.

Not realising that his existence had shattered my heart into pieces. Or worse...not caring.

Because even though it was my fault that we were over, it wasn't like I had a choice.

It's called doing the right thing.

Something he wouldn't know anything about.

But no matter how much I wanted to hate him again, I couldn't. Because I still loved him.

There was nobody around as I slumped down against the brick wall, curling into myself; tears falling down my cheeks.

It was as if he had taken my soul with him, and there was nothing left of me except for this tragic, miserable, broken-hearted shell.

Because the real me wouldn't have cried like this over a man. The real me was strong.

Confident.

Brave.

But I didn't feel like any of those things.

All I felt was alone.

But unfortunately-or luckily, depending on how you see things- that didn't last long either.

A pair of grull demons appeared in front of me, causing me to jump to my feet in shock horror.

There was nobody around to help me.

I was completely alone.

Except I wasn't.

One of the demons lunged for me but I ducked, rolling away from its lethal grasp.

I had to run.

But I couldn't.

The second grull tackled me onto the wall, far stronger than me, despite how hard I fought against it's gnarled hands and papery skin.

"Let. Me. Go!" I screamed, kicking and punching the demon. But it made no difference.

The first demon joined us on the ground, adding extra weight on top of me and grabbing onto my neck.

I was struggling to breathe.

Kicking with all my strength, I managed to push one of the demons away from me, allowing me to push myself up a little.

But the demons were still on top of me.

Smothering me.

And very soon, asphyxiating me.

"Help!" I croaked, the fight slowly dying from my body. Nobody would hear me.

Not from here.

So, I thought to myself.

This is it.

This is how I would die.

I shut my eyes, allowing myself to succumb to everything my body wanted.

But maybe there was somebody who objected to that, just a little.

The weight was pushed off of me, though I was still breathing very little oxygen.

The world was fuzzy as my eyelids opened, afraid of what would be standing above me.

But there was no reason to be afraid of a big, dark blob right?

The shape scooped me up off the ground and I felt my body go limp in their arms.

I was still alive.

Still breathing.

But barely.

"I'm not letting you die," the shape murmured into my ear and I mumbled something back, none of it making sense.

"Don't close your eyes," the voice instructed.

"Why not?" I slurred and I swear I saw the shape smile a little. 

"You'll die. Or at least go unconscious,"

I knew that.

I knew all of this.

But my brain wasn't filtering thoughts properly and the world was blurry and I was still struggling for air.

"I can't...I can't breathe," I murmured to the person holding me. 

"I know,"

"CPR," I croaked and the blurry outline of the person shook their head.

"I can't. But I'm taking you to the hospital. We need an ambulance," 

"Why..." I began but fingers softly traced my lips.

"Don't talk,"

"Mkay," I replied, resting my head on the person's chest. They stroked my hair gently and I felt myself smile. Nothing made sense in this strange, sleepy world.

But maybe this did.

My head on my saviour's chest.

Their hands in my hair.

It felt right among all this wrong.

"Thank you," I murmured.

"Always,"

And as a phone began to dial, I swear I heard the voice mutter 'You wouldn't be thanking me if you knew who I were'.

"What?" I asked, my words joining together.

But the person didn't reply; simply answering the other end of the phone.

Maybe I had misheard.

Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, in this barely alive state I was in.

But I knew for sure that I would be thankful of whoever this person was.

And I knew that I liked the way I felt in their arms. 

...

Painfully bright lights shone down on me as I opened my eyes. White tile.

Flowers.

Fingers intertwined with mine.

"Hey," a voice murmured.

It was the person who saved me, I thought and smiled. 

"Hi,"

"You're cheerful," they replied and I grinned wider, my eyes still adjusting to the fluorescent lights.

"You're here," I spoke and they laughed.

A male, I thought to myself.

"You're male," I said aloud and he-whoever he was- laughed.

"Yeah. Maybe you should open your eyes a little wider. I don't want to lead you on,"

I frowned.

"Why? Are you ugly?"

Both of us giggled at my comment and I could hear the smile in his voice when he replied.

"No. I'm the most gorgeous person on the planet,"

I smiled.

"But Kate Winslet exists," I muttered and he laughed quietly.

And so, I turned my head slightly to face the man beside me. The man whose hand was curled into mine.

The man who had saved my life.

The man who was...Kingsley.

"Hey Carpenter,"

I stared at him, my eyes wide.

"Oh. Oh my God," I breathed, tears already tracing their way down my cheeks. Kingsley smiled softly.

"Yeah its me," 

(A/N: I cliffhung you again Im sorryyyy- is that a word? idk who cares lolll- stay safe and totally tubular and I'll see you in the next one xx)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
81.6K 7.4K 50
*Wattys2016 Winner* *An edited and expanded version of this is now a published book on Amazon (under kindle direct so you might be able to read it fr...
19.9K 1.7K 57
Story = completed ✅ Third book in the Supernatural Boarding School series. #1 A Bond of Love #2 A Touch of Red # 3 A Brush of Death [Only read th...