Ace

By j0hannawrites

Book 1 of the card deck series. I resented her with every bone in my body. I ran far from her as quick as I... More

Character Introductions!
Playlist!
Ace
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Two

27 2 16
By j0hannawrites

I wanna press my line, yeah, I wanna take that ride
-Kendrick Lamar

~ Aurora ~

I paced the garage back and forth, checking to make sure I had my gun, knives, and keys. I tapped my foot against the cold concrete ground as I waited for the door to swing open.

"Sorry I'm Late!" Dlo yelled, running into the garage and getting into his car.

I rolled my eyes as a small smile threatened my lips. I got into my car, a matte black BMW m4. I had other cars, but this one happened to be one of my favorites. The garage door opened and Dlo pulled out in his neon green Audi i8. I followed behind him, making sure to close the garage as we both pulled down the street. I cracked the windows a little, letting some air get through and I felt like I could finally breathe.

We've been constantly on the run for 5 years, I wasn't able to kick my feet up, I wasn't able to relax, I had to fucking work for my freedom and even then I couldn't get far.

I turned into the parking lot behind D'Angelo, following him and reversing into a spot right next to him. The other cars and people surrounded us. I rolled the windows up as everyone stared at my car. When I heard the car door next to me open, I opened mine and stepped out. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked around at the many people. I could see almost every emotion in each of their eyes.

"You look like you're about to murder someone." Dlo placed his hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of a trance.

"If they keep staring at me, I will." I gave a few of them a death glare, before being pulled away by my brother.

"You have to move your car ma'am." A girl said as she walked up to me. Her big blue eyes, and the fear behind them almost lit me on fire. I feasted off of other people's fear. I enjoyed other people fearing me.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow, looking down at her.

"You're parked in Mr. Rosso's spot, ma'am." She stared at her feet and I rolled my eyes.

"Tell him to get a life, and if he has a problem to not send a minion after me and come tell me himself. He's supposed to be a man right? What a pussy." I whispered the last part under my breath but she still heard it.

Her eyes widened and I turned on my heels before continuing to walk away. She tried to follow me for a little but gave up when I did not stop. I walked into the building, headed towards the back rooms, making sure to give the guards flashy smiles.

"Open." I said, knocking on the door nonstop.

"Thank you so much, really, for interrupting my meditation." Dlo said, plopping down on the couch.

"Oh so you mean shitting?" I stared at him as he laughed. The robe he was wearing was all black with a neon green heart on the back.

"I have to get out there." He muttered, grabbing the wrap for his hands. I opened the door and followed him out. He sat down on the little stool outside of the boxing ring. Everyone was cheering and whistling. I grabbed the tape from his hands, placing it around his fits gently but making sure it was still tight.

My body felt like it was on fire. I picked my head up, looking around. The feeling was strong. I felt like I was actually going to burn. I looked back down at his hands, making sure they were perfect before I took a step back and sat in the first row of the crowd.

"He's a lucky man to have you by his side." A man said as I sat next to him. The goosebumps rose on my skin, causing me to look around once more. I felt my breath hitch with every pair of eyes I made contact with. Something was wrong. But yet, it felt so right.

"Alright, Heart and Blaze, good clean fight yeah?" The ref said as both boys took off their robes and tossed them to the side.

Blaze. Also known as Leonardo Finch. Age 23, and the Italian mafias underboss. I studied him as he started to bounce on his feet. Millions of tattoos littered his body. The smirk on his face told me that he thought this was going to be a piece of cake.

"Give him hell, Heart." I whispered, picking at the skin around my nails as I leaned forward. I noticed Leo's greatest weakness and I hoped my brother did too. The way he always used his left side to shield his right was because he got shot on the right side of his body, and he still gets sore sometimes. Or the knife mark that ran down his left arm.

Leo was the one to throw a punch first, hitting my brother square in the jaw. I clenched my own jaw, but I knew he always liked to see how hard his opponents hit. They always got one free shot. I saw Dlo cringe as he spit out blood onto the floor. Girls cheered while the men just stared ahead. Dlo ducked under Leo's arm before faking left and aiming for his right side.

"That's it!" I yelled, my leg bouncing nervously.
Leo kneeled over, gripping his stomach. He held onto the sides of the ring, helping it pull himself up. Leo tried to be quick on his feet and Retaliate, but Dlo was quicker.

We were all quicker.

In one swift motion, Dlo was punching Leo left and right. He had to make a name for himself, and what better way than to be known as someone who beat the underboss of the Italian mafia.

"KO." The ref yelled, pulling my brother back with all of his strength. Dlo smiled through his mouth guard, looking around the room until his eyes connected with mine. He smiled and nodded towards the door that we once entered through. I jumped out of my chair and quickly headed through the door before the crowd turned into a mess. As soon as I got through the door, I felt myself stumble back.

"I'm-" I started before looking up at the man in front of me.

"Get the fuck out of my way." He didn't even spare a glance down as he pushed me out of his way and walked into the main boxing arena.

"What a fucking dick." I rolled my eyes, feeling my heels step on something. I bent down, picking up the keys in my hand. How stupid could one possibly be? I twirled the keys around my finger as I sat down on the couch inside of the locker room.

"I would say good job but I do not want to fill your ego anymore." I said as Dlo pranced in the room with a smile on his face.

"You love me baby sister, just admit it." I pretended to gag before he laughed loudly and walked into the bathroom to shower. I looked down at the keys in my hands. There weren't a lot, but there were a couple that caught my eye. I held the small keychain between my fingers as I inspected it.

Rosso

Was written in a neat cursive on the small leather patch. All of the keys were gold, and the black leather had gold engraved in whatever the hell Rosso was.

Where have I heard that before?

"Ma'am!" The small blonde haired girl ran into the locker room while Dlo walked out, pants on a shirt off. Her eyes traveled to him, and for a second I could see all of her panic disappear.

"What is it, spit it out." I twirled the keys around my fingers over and over again.

"Your car- is being towed." She said out of breath, causing me to jump up.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I raised my eyebrows and watched her take a step back.

"Mr. Rosso is having your car towed." She spoke quickly before running out of the room. I looked down at the keys in my hand. Rosso.

"Game fucking on." I walked out of the room, the sound of my heels hitting the floor quickly filled the hallway.

"Move." I said, causing a group of boys to spread out of my way. I walked outside, the sound of music blasting, the smell of weed, and alcohol clouded my nostrils. I stared at the tow truck, which was pulling out of the lot, with my car on it. The small blonde haired girl stared at me with fear. I walked up to her, putting a smile on my face as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"Would you happen to know where Mr. Rosso parked? I need to have a quick chat with him." I smiled, and I could practically hear and feel her heartbeat. I watched Dlo run out of the building and stop once his eyes laid on me.

"In his spot ma'am." She swallowed quickly and I nodded. I walked the door open and her body cower in fear as she stared at the men. I walked towards where my car was once parked, and my eyes caught a blacked out motorcycle with gold engravings.

What is this man's obsession with gold?

"Miss- What are you doing!" She exclaimed as I threw my leg over the bike and everyone got quiet. I could feel eyes on me, the ones that set me on fire. I felt the goosebumps appear on my skin, but I quickly brushed it off. I grabbed the helmet from behind me, slipping it onto my head and flipping up the visor.

"I'm going home." I took his keys and watched her gasp before I started the bike. All of the attention on me, as I kicked up the kickstand. I heard yelling and I could see people quickly come towards me in the mirrors. I hit the throttle and kicked my feet up, quickly flying out of the parking lot.

The wind hit me at a fast pace as I sped through the streets of New York. I looked down at my speed and quickly hit the throttle, shifting gears and going quicker. I could see Dlo's Audi slowly catching up as he weaved in and out of traffic.
I pulled into the garage quickly, and shut off the bike, grabbing the keys, taking off the helmet and going inside.

"Abu!" I yelled, storming up the stairs.

"Yes, Aurora?" He asked, spinning around in his chair to face me. Yomar, who was lying on the couch in Abu's room, quickly sat up.

"I need everything you have on whoever the fuck Mr. Rosso is. I need you to disalarm some trackers too." I looked down at the keys in my hand and could see the blinking red light.

"On it!" Abu spoke cheerily, finally happy to do something that involved actually using his intelligence.

"And track my car." I cringed before clenching my jaw.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 63 23
(Book 1 of His Mafia series) My lover, Stefano. I was so captivated by his love and lust I let the most obvious details slip through the cracks. I b...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

76.8K 2.8K 63
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
19.6K 322 19
Black eyes. Soulless. Unforgiving. Grey. Ice-cold, but just enough that I'm able to melt it. Both make me feel something. The matter was, which one o...
3.8K 174 42
Book 1 of Ruthless Series A Dark Mafia Romance... Serena Alfero In world of Mafia you don't live, You survive. I survived but I wish...