The Rathores in Therapy: A BC...

By ashley_m_1993

Now, SSP is somehow unable to complete their shows without tying up all the loose ends. Their doing this with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: What happened last night?
Chapter 2: Boiling Point
Chapter 3: Compromises and Complexities
Chapter 4: The Selfless Idiot's Solution
Chapter 5: Descent into Darkness
Chapter 6: Facing Trauma, Finding Forgiveness
Chapter 7: Healing Harmonies
Chapter 8: Unraveling
Chapter 9: The Weight of the Past
Chapter 10: The Fear Within
Chapter 11: The Fragility of Hope
Chapter 12: Rage and Guilt
Chapter 13: Ouchies and Innocence
Chapter 14: Healing Starts Within
Chapter 15: Trauma, Triggers and Triumph
Chapter 16: The Forgiveness Process
Chapter 17: A Difficult Dilemma
Chapter 18: Confronting Change
Chapter 19: Doubts, Expectations and Love
Chapter 20: Was It Truly Love?
Chapter 21: Breaking the Silence
Chapter 22: Revaluating Relationships
Chapter 23: Reconciling with Fear
Chapter 24: Love and Doubts
Chapter 25: Bound by Love, Guided by Hope
Chapter 26: Fragments of Trust
Chapter 27: Navigating Fear
Chapter 28: Tangled Emotions
Chapter 29: Compassion and Courage
Chapter 30: Stormy Memories
Chapter 31.1 Insecurities Unveiled
Chapter 31.2 Remorse and Reassurance
Chapter 32: A Journey of Understanding
Chapter 33: Songs of Sorrow
Chapter 34: Echoes of Suspicion
Chapter 35: Shadows of Deception
Chapter 36: Connections through Forgiveness
Chapter 37: A Sentence and A Song
Chapter 38: Unseen Battles, Unwavering Love
Chapter 40: Resentment, Revelations, and Regrets
Chapter 41: Mirror of Missteps
Chapter 42: Surviving the Storm
Chapter 43: Anger, Guilt and Love
Chapter 44: From Contradiction to Clarity

Chapter 39: Emotions Heard, Emotions Validated

96 5 67
By ashley_m_1993

Last Time: With her family in her arms at that moment, Banni made a vow to herself. While the doctors would handle Kabir's demons, she would ensure he smiles in the present. She will be his solace, his sanctuary, and his strength, just like he had been hers.

----------------------------

March 2nd, 2023, 2:00 am, Rathore Bhavan, Jodhpur

In the quiet of the night, Kabir found himself sitting in the gazebo, his head buried in his hands. He was wide awake, sleep eluding him as he wrestled with the troubling thoughts that consumed him. He could not forget Tulika's accusation, echoing through his mind. It was a terrible claim that left him shaken and questioning everything. He could not comprehend her reasons for making such a heinous lie.

A cool breeze rustled the leaves as Kabir sat alone in the darkness. He was grateful that Banni had been too exhausted to realize he was missing from their bed. He didn't want her to worry about him, not when she had her own issues to deal with.

"Why?" he found himself whispering to the silent night. "Why did she do it?" The words hung in the air, unanswered. It was a tormenting question, a relentless echo that refused to fade. He could not escape it, could not outrun it. It was there in his every waking moment and haunted his dreams when sleep finally claimed him.

He exhaled heavily, the weight of his thoughts pressing down on him. "Why does this bother me so much?" Kabir wondered aloud. He had been the one to tell Banni that Tulika's motivations did not matter, that her reasons for lying were irrelevant now that she was no longer alive to confirm them. Yet here he was, alone in the night, grappling with the questions he had dismissed as unimportant. His mind was a whirlwind of confusion and frustration, the answers he sought remaining frustratingly out of reach.

As he sat in the dark, the familiar sound of strumming violin strings echoed through the night. Kabir looked up, startled. There, bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight, stood Yuvaan. His fingers moved over the violin strings, creating a smooth and soothing melody.

"Yuvaan," Kabir sighed, surprised yet relieved to see his alter. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same," Yuvaan replied, his fingers never faltering on the strings. "It's late, Kabir. You should be resting."

"I can't sleep," Kabir admitted. "Too many questions, too many thoughts."

Yuvaan nodded, understanding. "I know," he said. "I can feel your turmoil. It's why I'm here."

"I don't even know why I have so many questions, Yuvaan!" Kabir exclaimed, his voice echoing through the quiet night. "It's not like anyone cares about Tulika or her lies anymore. Everyone had forgotten the past the moment I brought Banni home as my bride." He paused, his breath hitching as he worked to control his rising emotions. "And it's not as if I was so deeply in love with Tulika that I should feel so betrayed. In fact, I had led her on too when I claimed to love her, when the truth was that my feeling was a delusion that evaporated within days of her death."

Yuvaan paused his playing, the violin still nestled under his chin. He looked at Kabir, and his expression was one of empathy. "It's not about Tulika, Kabir," he said softly. "It's about you. It's about the fact that someone you knew, interacted with, cared about, and who claimed to love you could make such a claim. And it's about the fact that you can't understand why. That's what's bothering you."

Kabir looked at Yuvaan, his eyes wide with surprise. He opened his mouth to protest, but nothing came out. He tried again, asking quietly, "But, why does it matter?"

Yuvaan smiled, a sad, understanding smile. "Because you're human, Kabir. And humans seek understanding. We want to know why things happen, and when we can't find the answers, it bothers us."

Kabir watched Yuvaan, his mind whirling with thoughts. Yuvaan was right. It wasn't about Tulika or her lies. It was about him, his need to understand, his desire for closure. And as much as he wanted to deny it, he knew he wouldn't find peace until he found the answers he sought.

Yuvaan resumed playing the violin, the melody weaving through the night air, filling the space between them. He didn't press Kabir for a response, allowing him the silence he needed to process his thoughts.

After a moment, Kabir finally broke the silence. "I just...I just want to understand. I want to know why she did it. Why she lied."

"I understand," Yuvaan said. "Sometimes, we just want to know WHY. We want to find a reason—a justification even—for our pain."

"I'm not in pain," Kabir quickly interjected, his tone defensive. His gaze remained stubbornly fixed on the ground, avoiding Yuvaan's knowing eyes.

Yuvaan merely raised an eyebrow, a silent challenge hanging between them. "You can't lie to me, Kabir," he said calmly. There was no accusation in his words, no judgement. Just a simple statement of fact.

Kabir flinched, the truth of Yuvaan's words hitting him harder than he would have liked to admit. He remained silent, his fists clenched at his sides. He wanted to deny it, to insist that he was not in pain. But he couldn't, not without lying to himself. And he couldn't lie to Yuvaan. He had never been able to.

He didn't look up, meet Yuvaan's gaze, or confirm or deny his pain. Admitting it out loud felt like weakness, like giving in. And he couldn't afford to be weak, not when so many people depended on him.

Yuvaan watched Kabir for a moment before finally breaking the silence. "Maybe I can help you understand why she did it," he suggested gently.

Kabir looked up, his confusion evident in his gaze. "How?" he asked sceptically. "Tulika is dead. She can't confirm her motives."

"You're right, Kabir," Yuvaan agreed, "But maybe we don't need a confirmation. Perhaps all we need is an explanation that makes sense to us."

Kabir considered this momentarily, his gaze focused on the ground as he mulled over Yuvaan's words. Finally, he nodded, his agreement barely audible. "Okay," he said, "But how do we come up with an explanation?"

Yuvaan couldn't help but chuckle at this, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he met Kabir's gaze. "Were you sleeping when we watched all those crime shows as kids, Kabir?" he asked, a playful smirk on his face. "We start by reconstructing the crime scene, of course."

Kabir smiled at Yuvaan's playful jibe and asked, "And how exactly do you propose we do that? I wasn't there that day either, remember?"

In response, Yuvaan extended his hand towards Kabir, palm facing upward, a silent invitation hanging between them. "But I was there, Kabir," he said. "I was there when Tulika lied."

Kabir blinked in disbelief, the implication of Yuvaan's words sinking in. Yuvaan was offering to share his memory of that day — the day that had changed everything. He was offering Kabir a chance to see and understand what had happened from his perspective.

Kabir looked at Yuvaan's outstretched hand, his mind racing. He knew how much it would hurt Yuvaan to relive that incident, the kind of pain and turmoil Yuvaan would have to endure just to help him understand, and he couldn't let that happen.

"No," he said firmly, shaking his head. "I can't let you do that, Yuvaan. I won't let you hurt yourself for my sake. Not anymore."

"But I want to do this, Kabir," Yuvaan insisted, his hand still extended towards his alter. "Not just for you, but for me as well."

Kabir looked at him, perplexed. "Why would you want to do this to yourself, Yuvaan?" he asked, his voice tinged with confusion.

"Because I know I will need to relive every unpleasant memory at some point if I am to heal," Yuvaan replied. His voice was calm, but his gaze was unwavering, filled with a determination that surprised Kabir. "They will make me do it — Dr Sandeep, Kartik. But I want to share these memories with you first."

"Why?" Kabir asked.

"Because I always feel better when I share memories with you like this," Yuvaan confessed, his gaze softening. "It makes me feel less lonely, because I know there is someone who knows exactly how I feel."

Kabir looked at Yuvaan, his heart aching at the raw honesty in his alter's voice. He knew what sharing these memories would cost Yuvaan and the emotional toll it would take on him. Yet, he also understood why Yuvaan wanted to do this and why he needed to do it. It was about healing and finding peace amidst their shared mind's chaos.

Slowly, hesitantly, Kabir reached out and took Yuvaan's hand. "Alright," he said. "Let's do this."

----------------------------

March 2nd, 2023, 2:30 pm, Jain Counselling Centre, Jodhpur

Kabir was in the middle of playing a soulful piece on the violin. His fingers danced across the strings, each note resonating in the room with a life of its own. He was in his element, his concentration unbroken, his rhythm unwavering.

He glanced to his left, meeting the gaze of Kartik, who was expertly playing the flute in accompaniment. The therapist and patient shared a moment of mutual understanding and joy, a connection formed through the universal language of music.

In Kabir's mind, Yuvaan's voice echoed, "Finish with a crescendo." As if guided by an unseen force, Kabir felt Yuvaan directing his arms, his humming notes forming a private melody meant only for Kabir.

With a knowing smirk, Kabir let himself be carried away by the music. He played with increased enthusiasm, each note more passionate than the last, building towards a powerful climax. His bow danced on the strings, the room filling with triumphant music. The piece ended with a resounding note, the silence that followed almost deafening in its intensity.

The silence was broken by the sound of Kartik applauding. "That was fantastic, Kabir!" he exclaimed, his eyes shining with admiration. "Did Yuvaan suggest the ending?"

Kabir smiled and nodded. "Yes," he said. "I enjoy making music like this, with Yuvaan and with you."

Kartik's grin widened. "Then you'll enjoy our next session even more," he replied.

Kabir's eyes flickered with confusion. "But we still have time. Why did you end early?"

Before Kartik could respond, the door opened, and Dr Sandeep walked in. "That's because the rest of your session, Kabir, will be with me," he said, gesturing towards the couch. "Please, sit."

Kabir raised his eyebrows but complied, setting down his violin and moving to sit on the indicated couch. He watched as Dr. Sandeep followed suit, sitting across from him.

Dr. Sandeep leaned back in his chair, studying Kabir briefly before speaking. "For this session," he began, "I would appreciate if Yuvaan would remain inside you. I'd like him to hear this session as well."

Kabir nodded his understanding, his eyes briefly flickering as he mentally communicated with his alter. "Will you stay?" he asked inwardly.

"I will," came Yuvaan's gentle reply.

Kabir turned his attention back to Dr Sandeep, his expression determined. "I'm ready," he declared. Then, a hint of apprehension seeped into his tone. "Are we going to talk about Yuvaan's possible depression?"

Dr. Sandeep shook his head. "No," he replied. "This session is for you, Kabir. We're going to discuss your emotions, particularly in light of the recent revelations."

Kabir frowned, his hands balling into fists in his lap. "Why are we wasting time on my emotions when Yuvaan needs help?" he asked, his voice tight with frustration.

Dr Sandeep didn't waver under Kabir's intense gaze. Instead, he leaned forward, his eyes calm and understanding. "Kabir, you and Yuvaan are two alters in a DID system," he explained. "You're like the wheels of a bike. Both wheels need to be in perfect sync for the bike to move forward smoothly. Just as you need to understand Yuvaan's issues, Yuvaan must also understand your issues."

Before Kabir could protest, a calm voice echoed in his mind. It was Yuvaan, and he was speaking up. "He's right, Kabir," Yuvaan said, his tone soothing. "We need to understand each other if we're going to get through this."

Kabir fell silent, his body relaxing slightly as he took in Yuvaan's words. He let out a deep breath, nodding in agreement. "Alright," he conceded. "Let's do this."

Dr. Sandeep opened his notebook and placed it on the small table between them. "Before we begin, I want you both to understand that this is a safe space," he said, his tone soothing. "At any point, if either of you feels uncomfortable or unable to continue, please don't hesitate to speak up."

Kabir locked eyes with the doctor, taking a moment to process the words. Yuvaan reassured him comfortingly, and he gave a slight nod of understanding. "Okay," he assented. "We understand."

Dr Sandeep nodded back, his hands clasped around his notebook. "Good," he said. "Then, I would like to start by asking about your thoughts on Tulika's accusation."

Kabir's expression stiffened at the mention of Tulika's name. His hands clenched into fists in his lap, knuckles turning white from the force. "What do you mean?" he asked, his voice strained.

Dr Sandeep maintained his calm demeanour, watching Kabir closely. "I mean her claim that you drugged her with sleeping pills and then married her while she was unconscious," he clarified. His voice was gentle, but the words seemed to echo loudly in the room.

At the mention of Tulika's claim, a familiar surge of emotions coursed through Kabir. Hot and fierce anger flared up, followed closely by a deep-seated hurt. Most of all, there was acute discomfort that felt like physical pain.

He could also feel Yuvaan's discomfort, the ordinarily quiet alter becoming restless within him. Kabir paused, reaching out to Yuvaan in their shared mental space. 'Should we stop?' he asked, willing to end the session if Yuvaan felt it was too much.

However, Yuvaan declined. 'No, Kabir,' he responded, his voice steady despite the discomfort. 'We need to face this.'

With Yuvaan's assurance, Kabir hardened himself, bracing for the difficult conversation ahead. He turned his attention back to Dr Sandeep, his voice firm as he responded to Tulika's accusation.

"That was a very calculated move on her part," he said, trying to sound nonchalant. "Given the circumstances, it was a well-thought-out ploy to save her reputation."

Dr. Sandeep's eyebrows raised slightly at Kabir's words, a silent prompt for him to continue.

"It was simple, really," Kabir started, his voice stable but his words dripping with sarcasm. "Tulika was supposed to help Banni bring her Yuvaan back." He paused, rolling his eyes with a bitter chuckle. "Instead, she chose to elope with me, supposedly choosing Kabir over Yuvaan and Banni. Quite the plot twist, don't you think?"

The flippant tone starkly contrasted the intense emotions coursing through him, but Kabir held onto it, using it as a shield against the painful memories.

"But the next day, Yuvaan managed to force himself back in control," he continued, his voice taking on a more bitter edge. "Back to Banni, back to the life I had tried so hard to keep him away from. And just like that, everything I'd done to stay in control... it all failed."

He ended his sentence with a heavy sigh, his sarcastic façade briefly slipping to reveal the hurt underneath. But he quickly masked it again, forcing a casual smile.

"So there you have it," he concluded, his tone flippant as he tried to distance himself from the painful memory. "It's a perfect win. Banni and Yuvaan prove the strength of their love, battling all odds to come back together. And me, all my efforts were wasted. Quite the story, isn't it?"

Kabir paused, taking a deep breath as he attempted to keep his expression nonchalant. He could feel Yuvaan's concern for him, a comforting presence in his mind. He squeezed one hand in the other, trying to hold onto that sense of reassurance. It wasn't the time to wallow in self-pity, he reminded himself. He had to be strong for Yuvaan's sake and Banni's.

With a strained smile plastered onto his face, Kabir continued his story. "I wasn't there for the next part," he admitted, his gaze falling to his clenched hands. "But I've since received Yuvaan's memories of the incident, and what followed."

He took another deep breath, steeling himself for the next part of the story. "After Yuvaan regained control, Banni... she wanted to solidify their triumph. She wanted to get married in the same mandap where I was supposed to marry Tulika."

Kabir's voice was neutral, but a hint of bitterness underlay his words. He paused, his eyes hardening, as he prepared to reveal the next part: "But their plans were ruined when two harsh truths came to light."

Dr Sandeep leaned forward, a hint of concern in his eyes. "What were the truths, Kabir?"

Kabir hesitated momentarily before taking a deep breath and revealing, "First, Yuvaan was brutally made aware of his DID, of my existence, and of all of my... deeds." The words tasted bitter in his mouth. "The last of which was the second truth — the truth of my secret marriage to Tulika the previous day."

He paused, clenching his fists in his lap. "And that's when Tulika had to think of her next step carefully. You see, if she admitted that she wanted me to stay in control, Banni would see it as a betrayal, as would my 'loving' family. And they would all blame Tulika for this."

Kabir's voice was laced with bitterness as he continued, "Tulika, who always wanted a family, would lose this family that she had grown attached to. So, she lied."

Kabir's laughter suddenly filled the room, echoing off the walls. He was laughing, but there was a bitter edge to his laughter, a painful undercurrent that was impossible to miss. "So," he managed to say amidst chuckles, "Tulika pushed all the blame on me."

Kabir's laughter subsided a bit, falling to lingering chuckles. "She claimed I had drugged her and married her while she was unconscious," he said, the sarcasm evident in his voice. "According to her, she would never have done such a thing had she been in her senses."

His laughter died down entirely now, replaced by a bitter smile. "It was truly a perfect lie," he mused. "After all, my return was unlikely, and even if I did return, even if I pleaded my innocence, who would believe me? Who would believe a vindictive, murderous... monster?"

Kabir chuckled again, this time lacking the bitter mirth from before. "The lie was so perfect, no one questioned it," he said, his voice heavy with unspoken emotions. No one doubted that a monster like Kabir would make a mockery of love and marriage, that he would ruin so many lives."

He paused, his gaze falling to his clenched fists. Within him, he felt Yuvaan's discomfort, the latter's distress mirroring his own.

"Do you want to stop, Yuvaan?" He asked again. "No, Kabir... Go on."

Seeing Kabir's discomfort, Dr. Sandeep interjected gently, "Kabir, it's okay to be hurt. It's okay to feel pain when you're betrayed."

Kabir looked up sharply at Dr Sandeep, his eyes hardening. "I'm not hurt," he declared, his voice ringing defiantly. "I'm not hurt," he repeated as if trying to convince himself more than anyone else.

Dr. Sandeep's gaze softened as he studied Kabir, his voice gentle as he responded, "Kabir, whether you admit it or not, the accusation that Tulika made against you was hurtful. It's okay to acknowledge that."

Kabir remained silent, his eyes focused on his clenched fists in his lap. The room fell into silence as Kabir processed Dr. Sandeep's words.

Finally, after a long moment, Kabir looked up to meet Dr. Sandeep's gaze. "I'm not hurt," he reiterated, his voice barely above a whisper. But the defiance in his voice from earlier was gone, replaced by a quiet resignation.

Dr Sandeep nodded, not pressing the issue further. Instead, he took a deep breath and ventured into even more delicate territory. "Kabir, the accusation becomes even more heinous in the light of Tulika's pregnancy," he said. "The implication is that not only did you marry her when she was unconscious, but also consummated the marriage."

Kabir flinched at the words, a visible reaction he quickly tried to hide. He turned his gaze away, the bitter smile from earlier returning to his face. "I told you, it was a perfect lie," he said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

Dr Sandeep sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Kabir, I want you to know that I am offended on your behalf," he said, his tone sincere. "Even if you refuse to acknowledge your own hurt, I want you to understand that what Tulika did was wrong."

Kabir was silent briefly before finally looking to meet Dr. Sandeep's gaze. His eyes were hard, but there was a vulnerability in his gaze that he couldn't entirely hide. "I know," he said quietly.

Dr Sandeep continued steadily despite the heavy subject matter. "What is even more appalling is that both Yuvaan and Banni, who knew the truth, did not say anything to clear your name," he stated. "They allowed Tulika to lie for months on end."

Kabir could feel Yuvaan's discomfort even more acutely now. Frustration rose within him as he turned his attention inward towards his alter. 'If you're uncomfortable, Yuvaan, tell me, damn it!' he urged. 'You don't need to go through unnecessary torment.'

But Yuvaan was quick to dismiss his concern. 'This is not unnecessary, Kabir,' he echoed back in their shared mental space. His tone was soft and conciliatory. 'Dr. Sandeep is right. I failed to realize the implications of Tulika's lie on you. I should have tried to clear your name instead of wallowing in my own hurt.'

Kabir could sense the regret in Yuvaan's words, a profound remorse that affected him deeply. "I failed both of us by not speaking up," Yuvaan continued, "I'm sorry, Kabir. I'm sorry for that."

Kabir shook his head, his gaze focused on his hands as he took a moment to gather his thoughts. "No," he said, his voice low but stable. "I don't blame Yuvaan or Banni for not clearing my name."

He looked up, meeting Dr. Sandeep's gaze with a determined expression. "Yes, I was frustrated," he admitted. "But that was only because I thought Yuvaan could have freed himself from an unnecessary burden if he had spoken up."

His gaze dropped back to his hands, his fingers idly playing with the hem of his shirt. "But after everything... everything that I did to Yuvaan and Banni," he said quietly, the words heavy with regret. "They owe me nothing."

His hands stilled, his body rigid as he forced himself to meet Dr. Sandeep's gaze again. "They owe me nothing at all," he repeated.

He could feel Yuvaan's silent protest from inside at Kabir's words. Kabir couldn't help but smile at how predictable his alter was.

Dr Sandeep, however, continued his questioning. "What about Tulika, Kabir?" he asked, his voice soft but insistent. "Do you blame her?"

Kabir froze at the question, his gaze dropping back to his hands in his lap. Yuvaan also went silent inside him, his usual reassuring presence replaced by an echo of Kabir's discomfort. It felt like the tide had turned, the two alters now facing the same internal struggle.

Kabir took a deep breath, forcing himself to remain outwardly calm. "No," he whispered. "I don't blame Tulika either."

He looked up, meeting Dr. Sandeep's gaze with a determined expression. "After all," he said, "it's not like Tulika and I were soulmates who were expected to be loyal to each other."

He paused, a bitter smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "That," he said, "is something I'm now sure about."

Dr Sandeep nodded, taking a moment to consider Kabir's words. When he spoke, his voice was calm and even. "Kabir, not being soulmates does not excuse a lack of basic human decency."

Kabir's bitter smile deepened at Dr Sandeep's words. He shook his head, a hollow laugh escaping his lips. "Human decency," he repeated, the words dripping with an irony not lost on him. "Doctor, I think you're forgetting something."

He paused, his gaze hardening as he met Dr. Sandeep's steady gaze. "I'm not human," he stated, his voice cold and emotionless. "I'm a problem—an aberration—a monster who hurts people—who ruins lives."

His hands clenched into fists in his lap, his knuckles turning white from the force. "I have no right," he added, his voice hard, "to expect 'human' decency from anyone."

Dr Sandeep looked at Kabir, his gaze unwavering. There was a firmness in his voice when he finally spoke. "Kabir, it is not me who is forgetting something, it's you."

Kabir blinked, taken aback by Dr Sandeep's firm tone. There was a pause, a silence between them, full of unspoken words and thoughts.

"We have been over this," Dr. Sandeep continued, his tone still firm but gentle. You are not a problem; you are not a monster. You are a human being."

Kabir opened his mouth to protest, but Dr Sandeep continued, not giving him a chance to interrupt. "You are a human being dealing with a complicated condition," he said firmly. A human being capable of making mistakes, yes, but also someone capable of growth, improvement, selflessness, and unconditional love."

"And like all human beings, Kabir," Dr Sandeep added, "you are entitled to basic human decency, to compassion, and even love."

Kabir sat silently; his gaze lowered as he processed Dr Sandeep's words. He could feel Yuvaan in his mind, attempting to offer Kabir comfort. But this time, other emotions were at play—an agreement, an understanding.

Kartik, who had been quietly cleaning his flute all this while, finally broke his silence. "I agree with Dr. Sandeep," he said, his voice soft but firm. "You do deserve compassion, Kabir. And happiness."

Kabir could feel Yuvaan's agreement, too, a silent nod in their shared mental space that echoed Kartik's sentiment. This combined absolution and this unexpected validation of his worth made Kabir struggle to keep his tears at bay.

His chest tightened, and his throat constricted as he battled the surge of emotions that threatened to spill over. He took a deep breath, his hands clenching into fists in his lap.

"I..." he started, pausing to take another shaky breath before he continued. "I truly tried with Tulika. I really did."

His voice was small and weak, starkly contrasting to the defiance and strength he had shown earlier. But his words were sincere, a raw honesty that spoke volumes about his struggle.

Tears began to trickle down Kabir's cheeks, their paths shining wetly in the room's light. His voice was a broken whisper as he continued, his words filled with deep-seated pain. "I don't expect anything from my family," he confessed, expression raw and vulnerable. "Or from Yuvaan and Banni."

His hands clenched into fists in his lap, his knuckles white from the force. "I've done everything I can to hurt them," he admitted, his voice shaking with emotion. "They have every right to hate me forever if they want to."

He paused, his gaze dropping to his hands as he took a shaky breath. "That they don't hate me... that they're kind to me," he continued, "I'm grateful for it."

His voice caught in his throat as he lifted his gaze, his eyes brimming with unshed tears. "But Tulika," he said, his voice painfully honest. "I tried my best to love her."

His hands unclenched, falling limp in his lap as he continued. "To protect her, to keep her happy," he confessed, his voice faltering. "It may not have been the kind of true love I wanted to give, but I did care. I did try."

A single tear rolled down his cheek, falling onto his hand. He watched it, his gaze distant and filled with a deep sadness. "But I clearly failed," he admitted, his voice so quiet it was almost inaudible.

His gaze hardened, a painful determination seeping into his tone. "Because she, too, painted me to be a monster," he said with bitter resentment. "Just like everyone else. She didn't think twice before accusing me. Never cared how it would affect me."

The silence that followed Kabir's words was profound, and the tension in the room was palpable. Dr Sandeep and Kartik shared a look of dismay. They were both painfully aware of the depth of the trauma that Kabir and Yuvaan were dealing with, and the weight of it was almost too much to bear.

Yuvaan reached out inside Kabir, his presence wrapping around him like an invisible embrace. But even within the confines of their shared mental space, Kabir could feel Yuvaan's tears and the echo of his own questions in Yuvaan's mind.

Kabir sobbed, the sound echoing in the silent room. When he finally spoke, his voice was shaky, his words filled with heart-wrenching despair. "What was lacking in my efforts?" he asked. "Did Tulika guess that my love was lacking? Did I do something to offend her?"

His voice broke on the last question, the words barely more than a choked murmur. "What made her think," he asked with desperate confusion, "that she should punish me with an accusation so terrible?"

The room fell silent again, the weight of Kabir's words hanging heavy in the air. Each word echoed the depth of Kabir's despair, the pain of his betrayal, and the struggle he was going through in his quest for understanding.

Dr Sandeep looked at Kabir, a profound sympathy in his gaze. He took a deep breath before speaking, his tone gentle but firm. "Kabir, you are not responsible for what Tulika did," he said, his voice steady. "Her actions were hers alone and do not reflect on you or your worth."

Kabir stared at Dr. Sandeep, his eyes wide and teary. His gaze flickered to Kartik, who was looking at him with a similar expression of sympathy. He felt a comforting presence from Yuvaan, a silent reassurance that he wasn't alone.

"Kabir," Dr. Sandeep continued. "You need to understand that you didn't do anything to deserve this. Tulika's actions were wrong, and they did not reflect your worth or the sincerity of your efforts."

Kabir was silent momentarily, his gaze dropping to his hands in his lap. He took a deep breath, his shoulders shaking as he tried to compose himself. "I... I just don't understand," he admitted. "I did everything I could. I tried my best."

Dr Sandeep nodded a deep understanding in his gaze. "I know you did, Kabir," he said, his voice filled with a gentle reassurance. "And I want you to know that your efforts were not in vain. Your sincerity, your dedication, your love... they were all real. And they are all a part of who you are."

Kabir looked up at Dr. Sandeep, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "Then why... why did she do this?" he asked, his voice desperate. "Why did she lie?"

Dr Sandeep took a moment before responding, choosing his words carefully. "Kabir, we may never know for sure why Tulika did what she did since she isn't alive to answer for herself." he began, his voice gentle but firm. "It's possible she was afraid and acted out of fear."

He paused, his gaze meeting Kabir's. "Fear can make people do terrible things," he continued. "It can make them act in ways they never thought they would. But that does not justify her actions."

He held Kabir's gaze, his expression sincere. "What she did was wrong," he stated. "It was a terrible choice, and it has caused you a great deal of pain."

Dr. Sandeep's voice softened as he continued. "And Kabir, it's okay to feel hurt by what she did," he said, his tone gentle but insistent. "It's okay to feel betrayed. Your feelings are valid, and you are allowed to feel them."

"Why aren't you encouraging me to forgive her?" Kabir asked suddenly, his voice full of confusion. "Isn't that what I'm supposed to do? To forgive and move on?"

Dr Sandeep paused, carefully considering Kabir's words. "Kabir," he began slowly, "it's true that, ultimately, letting go of the hurt would benefit your peace of mind. However, forgiveness is a personal journey. It's something that can only come when you're truly ready to forgive."

His gaze was steady as he met Kabir's eyes. "And no one," he emphasized, "can dictate that timeline for you. Not me, not anyone else."

He paused, letting his words sink in. "Right now," he added, "acknowledging the hurt you've been caused, understanding it, is more important."

Kabir nodded slowly, taking in Dr. Sandeep's words. He felt a strange sense of relief. For the first time, someone told him it was alright to feel the pain, not to rush into forgiving, to just exist in his feelings.

"But I can't wallow in these feelings," Kabir protested, a hint of desperation creeping into his voice. "I have to move on and be strong. Strong for Atharva, for Banni, for Yuvaan."

Dr Sandeep looked at him, his gaze understanding. "Kabir," he said, his voice gentle yet firm, "it's true that you have responsibilities, but you are also a human being with feelings. Your emotions, your pain, it's all as valid as Yuvaan's. You don't have to suppress your feelings for the sake of others."

Kartik, who had been quietly observing the exchange, nodded in agreement. "Dr. Sandeep is right, Kabir," he echoed, his voice gentle. "Your feelings matter just as much as ours. You don't have to shoulder all this alone."

Inside him, Kabir could feel Yuvaan's agreement reverberating through their shared mental space. 'Dr. Sandeep and Kartik are right, Kabir,' he said, his voice comforting in Kabir's mind. 'Your feelings are just as valid to all of us. You don't have to hide them or push them aside.'

Kabir sat in silence, absorbing their words. He didn't respond immediately, instead allowing himself to feel the weight of their reassurances. For the first time in a long time, he felt seen. He felt understood. And it gave him relief that he hadn't known he needed.

----------------------------

A/N: And that's all for this part, folks! I hope you liked the chapter. What do you guys think about Yuvaan and Kabir's bromance? Kabir's turmoil? The role reversal between them where Yuvaan is comforting Kabir for a change? Please drop your thoughts in the comments.

Until next time!

Love, Ashley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 1.5K 13
What if the seeds of the storm that you have sown now threaten to wreak havoc in the life of the person you care about the most? Can you find the str...
179K 7.8K 37
Book 1 of #Love series "I love you neither with my heart nor with my mind. Just in case the heart might stop , the mind can forget. I love you with m...
1.3K 63 18
The Dominance Of Her Yuva is panting hardly. Her eyes fixed on the car, hands shaking, legs weaking, anxiety striking her. She gets keys out of her p...
473K 23.2K 63
For her, he is the light of her life. She never thought of leaving him. But unknowingly they got into a fight. He went out leaving her alone in the h...