Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

By cogdill

Katniss and Peeta Mellark are currently living a rough life, but in all reality it's not all that bad and wil... More

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Nintey-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Nintey-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Sequel Info.

Chapter Fifty-Seven

1.8K 114 71
By cogdill

Katniss POV-

"I'll see y'all soon." Bristol says at the door.

Everyone else left a few minutes ago.

I look back at Peeta and he nods.

"I'll go out and help you." I suggest.

She gives me a weird look and shrugs.

I walk out with her and walk to the car as she straps Carter into the car.

"So, why didn't you want to play games tonight?" I ask.

She sighs, "I just like watching everyone. I didn't want to play."

I sigh, "What's wrong? You've been pretty quiet today."

She shrugs, "Nothing."

I give her a look.

"I'm serious."

My eyes widen, "Then why are you acting like something is wrong? Come on, you know you can tell me anything."

She sighs, "I found out today from my lawyer that Brandon was cheating on me."

"Seriously?" I ask, feeling more hatred for him than before.

"Yeah, I got a call a few days back from her too. This woman was begging me to never make contact with him again and that she just had his baby and they were going to get married soon."

My heart breaks for her, "How long ago?"

"The baby was born about two or three weeks after Carter."

"We're you guys even together at the time he got this girl pregnant?"

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry." I say, my heart aching for her.

I can't imagine.

She shrugs, "I'm better off without him but it still hurts. He got two girls pregnant, within just a few weeks of each other then married me and we divorced and now is marrying someone else." Bristol says.

"What an asshole."

"I just feel bad because she's probably going to experience similar things to what I faced."

"She's the one that told you not to contact him and she's marrying him soon. She probably knows what she's getting into." I groan.

Bristol sighs, "You're probably right. I just need to focus on Carter."

"I can't believe he did that." I say angrily.

"I wish that I couldn't but I can." She scoffs, tears streaming down her cheeks.

I reach over and pull her into a hug, knowing she needs it and not feeling bad about needing one myself.

She's been very helpful this last year, especially after Peeta left a few weeks ago.

I don't know what I would've done without her here.

"It's okay to be upset, Bristol." I tell her truthfully.

"It just hurts a lot because I loved him so much and he supposedly loved me too. Then, all of that stuff happened and I finally felt a lot better about it all until that girl called me."

"The good thing is that you won't ever have to see him again anyways. Since he gave his rights up to Carter." I remind her.

"I know but then tonight, when she crawled over and stood up with Peeta, I feel bad because Peeta's gonna be the only father figure in her life. She's not going to know she has a dad and that she has a brother and probably other brothers and sisters too if we're being honest." Bristol says.

"She won't care." I say but I'm not so sure about that and something about this is heartbreaking to me in more than one way.

"But what if she decides she doesn't want to live with me?"

"She can't. He can't see her and we all have restraining orders on him."

"But still, Kat. Sometimes, I feel so jealous towards you and Peeta and even Finnick and Annie."

"Why? If Peeta treated me that way, I would be so much happier raising my kid by myself." I say, but I know it's a lie.

I would feel exactly how she does, heartbroken and lost.

"It's bad enough he wasn't there to begin with and now that he can't see her, he really won't be there for her and he has a whole other family."

I frown, she's absolutely right on all of it.

"Bristol, Peeta is going to be a better 'father' figure than Brandon could ever be to Carter." I tell her.

"I know and he's been in her life since the very first day and Brandon hasn't. That's why I like having you both around but I am so angry." Bristol says.

"I just wish sometimes, I had someone. A husband or boyfriend to help me but I can barely trust men anymore. He's such a jerk and found a way to hide this all from me. And after the way Peeta was acting last week, I thought that I was completely doomed."

I sigh, "Me too." I tell her truthfully.

"I just wish bad things didn't happen to people like Peeta, it hurt him a lot."

"I know. It seems like he never gets a break, it's either me or his family or someone else."

"And I don't help."

"But you're our family so it doesn't matter." I say.

"Sometimes, I can tell Peeta's jealous of the attention you give me or Carter."

I shake my head, "It's not that. It's just that sometimes, when people are around I tend to shut him out or everyone and sadly, it's usually him that I shut out but not on purpose." I tell her, remembering how in large groups I usually converse with everyone but Peeta, only saying a few things here and there and I don't know why I do it but I do.

"But I'm sure it's still frustrating. I know we've ruined a lot of your time together."

"Honestly, you and Carter always make our days better." I tell her truthfully.

She smiles and laughs, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry that I was being rude tonight. It was just so hard for me. Carter should've done that with Brandon watching or with Brandon being that person but he's not even here and I know damn well he's home for Thanksgiving." Bristol says.

I frown, "But it's better that he's not here."

"It is."

"It's going to be okay." I assure her.

She sighs.

"I will call you tomorrow and maybe we can hang out or shop or do something." I suggest.

She nods and hugs me, "Thank you."

"Goodnight." I say.

"Goodnight. We love y'all."

I smile, "We love you guys too."

And with that she leaves and I go back inside.

"What was wrong?" Peeta asks, just a little before bed.

"Well, Carter's fabulous father has another child that's just a few weeks younger than her and he's getting married to the mother." I say, so angry.

"Are you kidding me?" Peeta asks.

I nod my head.

"That is insane." He says.

"And he was so worried you and Bristol were cheating on with each other or something stupid and he cheated on her way before we knew them." I tell him.

"Bristol is pretty pissed?"

"Wouldn't you be?"

"Yeah."

"He cheated on her way before, hid it all from her, they get divorced and now he has a new wife and a kid that doesn't matter and one that does."

"Poor Carter." Peeta frowns.

"I could kill him." I say.

He sighs, "Me too."

It's quiet for a really long time and we just stare at the ground.

"She doesn't deserve that. Neither of them do." Peeta says.

I shrug, "I know we've talked about it but you know that no matter what happens, you're going to have to be there for Carter and Willow both." I say.

"I know and I will be." Peeta says, staring off in a daze.

I sigh, "How are you going to do it?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I guess I'll figure it out."

"I'll help you." I say, knowing he's going to need it.

"I just don't want either of them to feel like I'm ignoring the other. I'm Willow's dad and I should be able to give her all my attention but I have Carter who I made that deal way before but again Willow is my baby and that's wrong to do but it's also wrong to do to Carter." Peeta says confusingly.

I know he's so confused about it all and I am too.

Honestly, I love Carter with all my heart but Peeta is Willow's dad.

I'll be damned if he doesn't give her enough attention and I'm sure it'll cause problems between us both but it's a sticky situation.

"I don't know." I say just as confused as him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.2K 27
This story is based on after Mockingjay. This story is all about the Epilogue. And we all know what happens in the Epilogue. This fanfic takes place...
29.2K 1.3K 30
In what used to be North America, the proud country of Panem now stands. The rulers from the Capitol hold a televised survival competition in which o...
32.1K 1.4K 29
Katniss Everdeen was always a normal girl. As simple as that. She was smart, but not overly smart. She was pretty, but not overly pretty. She was jus...
4.7K 161 60
Katniss is a rebel at her old schools but she got kicked out so she has to go to Panem high school where she meets her long lost best friend Finnick...