RWBY The Last Persona User (M...

By Speed-Boy

After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the a... More

Reader Bio
Volume 4 The New Journey and lost memories
Volume 4 Looking for Answers
Volume 4 Finding Ruby
Volume 4 The Truth about 'Her'
Volume 4 The rest of the Journey to Mistral
Volume 5 Meeting with Lionheart
Volume 5 The Return of Ozpin
Volume 5 The Red Rose Sword
Volume 5 The Reunion Dinner and Discussion
Volume 5 The Reawakening and Fight for Haven Pt 1
Volume 5 The Reawakening and Fight for Haven Pt 2
Volume 6 Bio For Y/N and Eugeo so far
Volume 6 Train Wreck
Volume 6 Uncovered and Truths of Knowledge
Volume 6 Bad News Spreads.

Volume 6 A Apathy Farm

132 1 13
By Speed-Boy

Y/N then finds himself in the void by himself before Jinn appears.

"My parents... are Ozpin and Salem? How? Why I don't I remember? Why don't I hang any of my past lives memories!?! Am I like Ozpin too?

Jinn: The God of Hope gave Salem's son, you, a gift to keep living amount Remnant. Your heart was more pure then even Ozma. If you were to have all your memories of past lives, you would be like Ozma.

"And my past lives, how many are there?"

Jinn: Countless, you've lived many different lives as your own person instead of sharing a body. And each one was a Persona User, but every other two would never unlock the power to do so. You will learn more along the way, without my help.

Y/N comes back to reality as he noticed Team RWBY, Qrow and Eugeo looking at Ozpin in anger, whose head was still down. He looks up, with tears streaming down his face.

Yang: Salem can't be killed... you all heard her too, right?

Ozpin: I--

Yang: There was so much you hadn't told us!! How could you think that was okay?

Ozpin: I--

Ruby then looks at Y/N.

Then she looks back at Ozpin.

Ruby: You... You used Y/N, why? He didn't deserve any of that.

Ozpin: No... He never deserve parents like me or Salem...

"I'm a son of a monster... Salem... I don't..."

Y/N falls to his knees, Ruby rushes to him to comfort him.

"I don't... deserve to... live."

Ruby hugs him tighter before turning to Ozpin with anger in her eyes.

Ruby: Professor...

Ozpin looked up to her.

Ruby: What is your plan to defeat Salem?

Ozpin: I... don't have one...

All of a sudden, Qrow punches Ozpin in the face, sending him into a nearby tree.

Qrow: No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in the world... I thought I was finally doing some good...

Ozpin: But, you are!

Qrow: Meeting you... was the worst luck of my life.

Ozpin looked in disbelief of what Qrow had said. Then he looks over at Y/N who was still in a shut down state.

Ozpin: Maybe your right--

"Wait!"

Ozpin looks over at Y/N again.

"When we first met, did you know I was your son but in a different body and were you pretending to not know what a Persona was?"

Ozpin: I did know it was you... Y/N. And I pretended to not know you, to make sure you were comfortable joining Beacon.

Y/N walks over to Ozpin, who looks up at him.

"Tell me, is this my last chance to live, or do I have the same damn curse as you do?"

Ozpin looks away.

Ozpin: You... have one last chance to live... You had the same curse as I did... but I asked the God of Hope to take that away when we met at Beacon."

Ruby gasps as Y/N's fists curl up. Ozpin then disappears as Oscar comes back.

Ruby: What happened?

Oscar: He's... gone.

Yang: That bastard! Tell him we'e not done yet!

Oscar: No. This is different. He's gone. It's like he locked himself deep inside my head. Our head? (Grunts) I hate this! I want it to stop!

Weiss: He just left us?

Blake: What are we going to do now?

Eugeo: Is there anything we could do?

Maria: Enough!

Everyone looks at Maria Calavera expect Y/N.

Maria: We need to get a move on. It'll be dark before we know it, and every one of you is spewing negatively!

She helps Oscar up before pointing her cane to a trail.

Maria: There's a trail over there. Trails usually lead somewhere.

Yang: Lady, I don't know who you think you are but--

Maria hits her cane to the ground.

Maria: No buts! I understand that you're upset. Honestly I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is humanity's second time around.

Everyone looks down, even Y/N and Eugeo had this reaction.

Maria: But, if we don't move, we die. And I'll be damned if I've lived this long just to die in the cold!

Everyone takes a moment till Ruby speaks up.

Ruby: She's right. Come on.

Blake grabs a bag as Weiss grabbed her suit case. Qrow looks in some luggage for supplies. Eugeo gives Y/N his Red Rose Sword, Y/N takes it though his will was a little on the weak side. Yang gets her bike as Maria sat on it. Ruby gives Oscar his cane back.

Oscar: I'm just going to be another one of his lives, aren't I?

Ruby: Of course not. You're your own person.

Qrow: Don't lie to him, Ruby. We're better then that.

This breaks Ruby's heart as it just broke Oscar. As he just leaves with the cane.

Stop the Music
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the group walked for three hours, Qrow starts to speak up.

Qrow: Doesn't look like this is gonna let up.

Blake: I just want to get thos stupid relic to Atlas.

Weiss: Let's hope we don't have to walk all the way there.

Eugeo Huh, we'd die from hunger or hyperthermia before we get there on foot.

Yang: I thought trails led somewhere.

Maria: Do you have nothing better to do than to harass a defenseless old lady?

"Thought you weren't defenseless..."

Y/N said in a sarcastic but cold tone.

Ruby: Everyone quiet! Do you hear that?

They start hearing metallic squeaking. They find a house, it looked abandoned but well put together. The sign read Burnswick Farms.

Blake: Well, at least one thing happened today.

Weiss: It looks abandoned.

"Your right... But a place like this, why?"

Ruby: It's still better than this.

Qrow: Come on, I think we could all use some rest.

The group goes through the gates as Eugeo looks back.

~~~~~~~~

Ruby: I don't get it. The empty towns me and soon Y/N, passed through were all damaged, or unfinished. But this place looks... fine.

Weiss: Maybe everyone left in a hurry. Before things took a turn.

Eugeo: Maybe, but we won't find out till we get inside this house. Qrow?

Qrow tries opening the door, but it was locked.

"Locked?"

Qrow: Stay on guard.

Everyone gets out their weapons as Qrow kicks down the door. Everyone slow runs in the place. But no one was around.

Maria: Close the door already! It's cold enough in here as it is.

Everyone let's Maria pass. Next, Blake, Oscar, and Weiss used a dresser to close the door.

Blake: I saw a chimney from the outside. Maybe we could get a fire going?

"On it."

Weiss: Please, I'll look for some blankets.

Qrow: Yang, Eugueo, go with her.

Y/N goes over to the fire place to see some wood sticks and puts them in the fire place.

"Sysyem Call, Generate thermal element, rock shape. Discharge."

Red little rocks hit the the locks, setting them on fire.

Oscar: Looks like a study. Or a Library?

"Probably just a living room. I'm not sure. This place just gives me the creeps-"

The group hears some terrifying screams from the upstairs.

Ruby: Weiss!

Y/N quickly gets up and runs up the stairs with Ruby, Qrow and Blake. They enter the room to see Yang and Weiss on the ground while Eugeo looked in absulte horror at the sight. There was two body's, and it was...

Not a pleasant sight.

"What the fu--"

Eugeo puts his hand on his shoulder as the group returns back downstairs despite the horror they had witnessed. Eugeo puts a blanket around Weiss. She gasps, still in shock, but he gave her a reassuring smile. Blake was seen sitting by Yang, Oscar sat by Maria as Y/N stood by Ruby. Qrow then comes in, everyone looks at him with curiosity.

Qrow: It's the same in every house.

Yang: What?

Qrow: Bodies. Every bed in every home. It's like the whole estate went to sleep and never woke up.

Eugeo: Oh my gods.

Weiss: Then we're not staying here, right?

"We don't have a choice. We'll freeze to death before we made it anywhere with that storm outside. We're just going to have to make do with what's in front of us. If we're lucky, we might be able to leave by early morning with no storm."

Maria then gets up.

Maria: Well... Might as well get comfortable.

Yang: Yeah, fat chance.

Ruby: Okay, then. Let's do something. If this place wasn't abandoned, it might still have supplies we could use.

Oscar: Hey, yeah. Maybe even a car.

Qrow: I'll do another sweep of the grounds. No one else goes anywhere alone.

Qrow leaves.

Blake: Yang and I can search the other buildings for vehicles.

Yang rolls her eyes.

Yang: Fine. Whatever gets me out of this house.

"Me and Eugeo will look for tools, weapons or amo in case we run into something."

Eugeo nods as the duo walk outside with Yang and Blake but separated.

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N and Eugeo enter a cabin and find a body with a shotgun.

"Holy cow... That's messed up..."

Eugeo: Let's just see what he has...

"Yeah..."

Y/N looks through a case that was filled with dust, but something felt different about it. The colors of the dust were faded which wasn't normal.

Eugeo: What do you think happened here?

"I'm not sure... But the atmosphere surrounding this place, I feel a lot of dread. More then the normal. Maybe there's a Grimm that can take your soul during your sleep?"

Eugeo: If that is something that exists, Salem would be on a whole other level of evil.

"I'm just spectating, no need to take it seriously. Anyway, look at this, the dust. It's faded."

Eugeo: That's not normal, right?

"It's not... I've studied dust for months during my time at Beacon. Despite me never using that much, I wanted to see if I could figure out weaknesses in dust. I didn't find anything, but maybe it's because we don't know everything about dust, what it's orgins are, how it came to be, who found it. It's all lost to time. And we shouldn't use the lamp just to find that answer."

Y/N then yawns.

"Come on, at lease we can take some ammo."

Eugeo nods as the two collected what they could before returning back to the house where everyone was going to be staying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruby is sitting on the stairs as she looks to see Maria reading, Oscar walking back and fourth. Blake, Eugeo, Weiss, and Yang were sitting in front of the fire place, Y/N sat on a chair with the same depressed look from earlier. After talking with Qrow, she goes over towards Y/N.

Ruby: Hey... You okay?

Y/N looks at her with the dead look from back at Beacon.

"Why would I be? I just found out my 'mother' is a monster and my 'father' is a failure at saving the world. And they used me against each other. No Ruby, I'm not okay."

Y/N stands up and walks away but Ruby with tears in her eyes chases after him and grabs his hand.

Ruby: Hey... I know you're going through a rough patch. It was a surprise for all of us, but please don't put all that weight on you.

"Really, you're telling me to not do something that you've been doing since the day you found out I died?"

Ruby let's go of Y/N's hand in shock.

Ruby: What are you saying?

"Nothing... I'm just tired of everything, this war, this journey, this house... I'm just so tired. I want a break, I want to just..."

Ruby: Disappear?

"Yeah... What if I become my mother's servant? What if I'm meant to be...

Y/N looks up at her, letting out a sigh before looking away. Ruby puts her hand on his cheek.

Ruby: Hey... We'll get through this. We always find a way. Your mom maybe our worst enemy, but she doesn't define who you are. You are a Persona user, you're the Black Swordsman, and you're the person I would spend my life with or fight along side till the bitter end. Because you're Y/N L/N, and I love you.

Y/N then hugs Ruby and let's himself cry for a bit as Ruby comforts him.

Stop music

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oscar: It's a diary?

Maria: The head of this household, Bartleby. Apparently he and several other families founded this little settlement to try and live on their own. It sounds like it worked, at least for a Spell.

Eugeo: Grimm?

Maria: Just, one of many hardships. Slowed down their farming, made everything harder. It's a shame, really. He seemed like quite the ambitious fellow. Always thinking of new schemes to overcome the odds.

Ruby and Y/N come into the room.

Ruby: Hey guys. Qrow said we should get some sleep. We're going to head out early tomorrow.

Blake: Thank goodness.

Eugeo looks over at Y/N who seemed a little more happier. He puts up a smile as the two nod. Maria then scoffs.

Maria: The last thing you'll catch me doing is letting some kid tell me what to do. ''Go to bed!'' (Scoffs)

She then sits on the chair that Y/N was sitting on before and turns on the lamp, she then keeps on reading the diary. Y/N and Ruby smile as they get their sleeping bag. The two cuddled up with each other to keep warm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The middle of the night?

Y/N opens his eyes for a bit and sees Ruby's closed eyes in fear? He looks around and freezes. He saw a Grimm like creature he's never seen before. Being all human like with long limbs and bone structure on it's chest.

This... was probably one of the most terrifying Grimm's he's ever seen in his entire life. It was just sittin there, on the couch, staring at him and Ruby with its blood orange red eyes. It's jaw hanged as it was all red inside.

It twists and turns it's neck like a puppet, before crawling towards him and Ruby, a sound of small cracking and creeking is accompanied as it crawls towards them. Cold sweat starts to go down his spin, the amount of fear and dread paralysed Y/N as it crawls above them, it then does a small scream only you could hear due to your consciousness. It puts its hand with bone covered fingers onto you and Ruby as it makes Y/N feel the life being sucked out of him. All of his engery leaving his body.

Y/N then tries to reach for the Red Rose Sword, but it looked to be too far away.

"No...!"

All of a sudden...

Morning

A bottle hits the ground waking both Y/N and Ruby up. Ruby had gasped as she takes a few breaths while Y/N just opened his eyes. Looking as if the life left his eyes before returning normal.

"You okay?"

Ruby nods as you give her a hug. You felt as your body was really heavy. Your eyes wanted close again, but you grabbed your Red Rose Sword, and other weapons.

Ruby: I'm going to wake Qrow up.

"I'll wake up the others."

Ruby goes over to Qrow as Y/N opens the widow curtains.

Weiss: Close the window!

"Come on, wake up. We over slept..."

Y/N looks over to see Ruby look at the empty bottle before throwing it. This wakes Qrow up. Y/N just sighs in disappointment.

Qrow: What?

Qrow looks around before getting the idea that everyone had to leave.

Qrow: Oh right... sunrise.

Ruby then hugs him as Y/N grabs Eugeo's sword and uses its magic to wake everyone up with cold ice on their back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone is outside as Weiss wells a nob onto the Bumblebee.

Weiss: There.

Oscar: Can we just go back to bed?

Eugeo: Yeah... I didn't really sleep that well.

Blake: If we're all so tired, maybe we should make breakfast?

Oscar: You wanna make it?

Blake: Not really.

Y/N, Ruby and Qrow are seen pushing the trailer.

Ruby: You guys got the bike ready?

Yang waves her hand at the work that was done.

Qrow: Well, it's done now. So let's hook this thing up, and--

Qrow puts his foot on the trailer as a tire popped. Everyone was silent.

"Damnit!"

Qrow growns in frustration.

Maria: You people are just Beacons for bad luck, aren't you?

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, woman."

Qrow goes to sit down.

Yang: I'm starting to think the universe just doesn't want us getting to Atlas.

Ruby sighs

Ruby: It's just a flat tire, I'm sure there's a spare.

Yang: It's not just that, it's everything. Storms, crashes, monsters... I'm so tired.

Blake: Me too. It feels like we're always having to fight to get by.

Eugeo: And it's always never ending.

Ruby: Yeah. But that's what we signed up for.

Oscar: We signed up to try and save the world, not just... delay the inevitable.

"If that's what it takes to keep people safe, then that's what we have to do."

Weiss: But... Last night. I couldn't stop thinking. Why are we going to Atlas?

"Why would you ask that question, you know why."

Ruby: Y/N is right, we have to.

Yang: Why?

Y/N noticed the change of Yang's voice as she gets up. He looks at her eyes and they were... off.

Yang: Ozpin hid the relics behind giant doors under enormous schools. But how long would it take Salem to find a lamp in the middle of nowhere?

"Not long, Salem is part Grimm. We saw. If Grimm are Attracted to the relic, so would Salem."

Yang: She find it eventually, sure... But burry it or just throw it down the well... it would take years. It might not even happen in our lifetime. But we could be done with it, now.

Yang, Weiss, and Blake looked at Ruby. She then takes lamp out and was walking towards the well.

Ruby: I am... really.. tired...

Ruby was about to put the lamp in the well but Y/N stops her.

"Don't... I get your tired... I... am too... But we need to protect this relic."

Ruby sighs as she's back to normal. As she pulls away, the two see red eyes causing Ruby to scream and drop the relic.

"Well... That's bad."

Ruby: No, no, no, I didn't mean to!

Weiss: Ruby it's okay.

Ruby: No! There's something down there. I saw it looking at me!

Y/n then jumps down as Ruby tries to grab him but fails.

Ruby: Y/N no!!

As Y/N lands in the well, he sees the relic being taken by the stream. He chases after it before grabbing the lamp, but feels as he wasn't alone. He pulls out Elucidator and Dark Repulser, but then comes face to face with horror.

"Oh!!! Oh no! Not that!"

Yang: Y/N!!

Y/N puts his swords away as he runs to the team.

Ruby: Y/N! What is it?

Y/N points to where this new Grimm species. The Apathy.

Y/N draws out Red Rose and his pistol as did Eugeo with Blue Rose and his own gun. They start to shoot them. But they didn't seem affected by it. They then scream, making the group lean down.

Yang: What is this?

Blake: My weapon feels heavy.

Eugeo: What... are those things?

Maria: Run! Now!

Maria had showed up and gets the group to follow her.

Ruby: Go, go!

While they were running to where the Well opening was. They run into more of those creatures. They scream, making the group feel even weaker. Ruby then notices another path.

Ruby: This way!

They kept running, but these creatures were everywhere. They then find the wine celler. But Y/N and Ruby turn to the left and see more Apathy. They try to run to the locked up exit but the Apathy scream, making them fall on the floor.

"Damnit! Why... do I feel... so... weak."

Yang: I can't... do this... I can't.

Eugeo crawls to where Maria was as she points out the exit.

Ruby crawls towards Weiss.

Ruby: Come... on!

They then hear a metal sound as Blake had drop her weapon and just layed there.

"Blake... Get up..."

Blake: It's... fine...

Y/N and Ruby crawl to Blake. Ruby was the first to fall, but Y/N used everything he had to reach Blake before falling by her side.

Ruby: Blake! Y/N!

Ruby's silver eyes shoot out bright light, the Grimm back away as Blake and Y/N get up.

Ruby: I got her, Y/N?

Y/N's eyes turn gold aa he fires a beam of light from his eyes, making the Apathy back off even further. Weiss runs up to the seeled doors and pushes.

Maria: What just happened?!

Weiss: Their locked!

Eugeo then swings his sword at it, making a dent. Yang then runs over.

Yang: Out of my way.

Y/N kept trying to keep the Apathy back before they scream, making everyone fall. Y/N lands by Ruby. Maria then crawls over to them.

Maria: Ruby... Y/N... What Color are your eyes.

Ruby: They're silver, both of ours...

"Sometimes mine changes to gold."

Maria gasps in hope and Joy.

Maria: Do you two have a family, friends.

Ruby: What?

"Why?..."

As Y/N and Ruby try to look at the Grimm, Maria has them both lay down and tried to cover both their ears.

Maria: Don't think about them. Think about the people who love you. Focus on the thought of them, the way they make you both feel. Focus...

Y/N and Ruby close their eyes as Maria's voice egos in the background.

Maria: Life is beautiful... it is precious... And it must... be... protect...

They both open their eyes as they stare at the Grimm, Y/N had his golden eyes, before the couple released a giant beam of light that wipes out the entire Well's worth of Apathy.

Yang gets up and punches the doors open. Which lend right back into the house.

Blake: We're back in the house?

They look around and see Qrow drunk as ever.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow, get up!

Qrow: Hey! Get off of me. What are you doing here?

Maria: We're leaving, you idiot! Come on!

Weiss: Not yet, Y/N.

Y/N nods as they start throwing bottles and bottles of wine.

Qrow: Hey, what are you doing?

Y/N then sees the Apathy had spawn more. He grunts in anger.

"System Call! Enhance Armament!!!"

Y/N shoots out a giant blast of fire from Red Rose.

Weiss: Now we can leave.

"Thank you! Let's go!"

Ruby and Y/N carry Qrow out.

Qrow: Stop it! Stop! What's wrong with you? What's--

Qrow sees the Apathy Grimm, freaking him out. Y/N grabs the diaries of the owner of the farm and puts them in his bag. He runs out and jumps on the trailer before Yang starts her bike and starts driving.

~~~~~~~~~~

Maria: The Apathy... They're not strong or ferocious... They drain your will to go on.

Everyone looked in shock as Y/N shivers from fear.

Maria: Bartby's estate was hemorrhaging money towards the end. He wanted to cut costs on Huntsman protection. But in order to do that, he needed everyone calm... always.

Oscar: Managed to get two away from their pack. Hike back was miserable, but got the bastards in the cellar. Wife thinks I was out sealing the waterway entrance. I'll do it tomorrow and tell her the truth once things take the edge off of everyone. I'm tired.

Maria: The next page proves he did, but not before the rest of the pack followed their missing pair all the way home. My guess is they made their way beneath the estate through the water tunnels. That Bartleby sealed up the next morning. Bartleby's plan worked. No one was angery, or sad, or scared. No one was anything. And then, no one was left.

Y/N takes the book and puts it in his bag.

"What a way to seal your fate. Bringing Grimm to prevent more Grimm attacking you, at the cost of your own will power."

Eugeo: It was... really foolish. But, I could see where he was coming from.

Weiss: I'm sorry for what I said. About giving up.

Yang stops the bike.

Yang: Me too. We can't quite until the lamp is safe.

Blake: It's not your fault. It was... those things.

Maria: I should have known. The signs were all there. But I'd never seen an entire settlement withered away like that. I suppose my mind just isn't what it used to be.

"Don't blame yourself, we didn't know but luckily Bartleby saved us by writing those diaries. He was a moran for even bringing Grimm to his home, but he did save us."

Ruby: Miss Calavera? How do you know so much about the Grimm? And in the tunnels, you knew exactly what to say to make me and Y/N... to make our eyes do that. How?

The old woman smiles as her robot eyes close.

Maria: Well, isn't it obvious, girl? I had silver eyes.

Silence hits the air... before Ruby and Y/N make a sound

Y/N&Ruby: Ehhh?

This was a hard chapter to write for the sense of the horror inside it, just watching the episodes of being inside that house was a experience all right. I did decide to try and add some of it. Hopefully it worked out.

Anyway, how are you guys enjoying the story? Any comment would be nice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
52.3K 779 29
This will be a male reader insert. Our story will begin with a young man who sacrificed his own life for a random stranger, but didn't survive. But w...
39.3K 235 18
Title says it all folks ready for round 2
259K 3.6K 35
Good or evil. Life or death. Light or dark. Living or dying. None of those mattered to (y/n). For as long as he could remember he never really felt a...