Sour Candy Kisses

By BurningDinoBunny

this is a disney twisted wonderland x male reader A boy is brought to a world that seemed to be like the mov... More

info
a/n shipping
prologue- 1-2
prologue- 3-4
prologue- 5-6
prologue- 7-8
prologue- 9-10
prologue- 11-12
prologue 13-14
prologue- 15-16
prologue- 17-18
prologue- 19-20
The Red-Rose Tyrant 1-2
The Red-Rose Tyrant 3-4
The Red-Rose Tyrant 5-6
The Red-Rose Tyrant 7-8
The Red-Rose Tyrant 9-10
The Red-Rose Tyrant 11-12
The Red-Rose Tyrant 13-14
The Red-Rose Tyrant 15-16
The Red-Rose Tyrant 17-18
The Red-Rose Tyrant 19-20
The Red-Rose Tyrant 21-22
The Red-Rose Tyrant 23-24
The Red-Rose Tyrant 25-26
The Red-Rose Tyrant 27-28
The Usurper from the Wilds 1-2
The Usurper from the Wilds 3-4
The Usurper from the Wilds 5-7
The Usurper from the Wilds 8-10
Feeling better, Trey?
The Usurper from the Wilds 11-12
The Usurper from the Wilds 13-14
The Usurper from the Wilds 16-17
The Usurper from the Wilds 18-19
A quick reroute to Trey.
A stop by Cater's room.
The Usurper from the Wilds 22-23
The Usurper from the Wilds 24-25
The Usurper from the Wilds 26-27
The Usurper from the Wilds 28-29
The Usurper from the Wilds 30-31

The Usurper from the Wilds 20-21

69 3 3
By BurningDinoBunny

Chapter 20- Truth Brought to Light - chapter 21- Plan Synchronizing

"Hyeeeearrrgh!" Jack yelled, as he threw a punch at Deuce, these idiots have been fighting for the past few minutes, Deuce answered Jack's yell with a "Grrraaah!" and a punch as well, punching eachother at the same time, neither going down, Ace had been knocked back and stayed laying on the ground and Grim didn't even join in on the fight, instead watching.

Jack took a step back and began panting "Man, you just... You just don't give an inch..." Jack looked over Deuce.

Deuce nodded and looked up at Jack "Phew... You neither. You sure can fight." Deuce smiled slightly.

"It's like every one of your punches rattled me to the core..." Grim shook his head as he sat next to Ace who was still laying on the ground.

Ace sat up with a loud groan. "Yeesh... maybe we got a little carried away. Uuugh. At this point, I don't even care about makin' the stupid team." Ace looked up at the three of us, huffing slightly.

"Wow, everyone sure took a beating. Do we all hug it out now?" I sighed, I hadn't thrown any punches, but at least I know what I'm going to say now, these dumbasses are nothing but brutes who think fighting is the only answer.

"All right. The path ahead is clear. I'll tell you what I know." Jack stepped back from the fight, giving up, sounding like an old monk or some stupid ass prophet... I can't do this right now Jack.

"The path"? The path to what?" Ace slowly stood up before walking over to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder, which I quickly knocked off, causing him to take a step back, then Grim tried to jump into my arms, but I had a plan, I couldn't let him do that right now.

"The path my heart's telling me to walk. Remember, I'm betraying my own dorm here. But I can't be quiet any longer! I don't care how strong the foe— I wanna face them with my own two fists! I've been training hard for this tournament. I was excited to see how far I could go. But these cowardly schemes are making me sick! A triumph won through treachery means nothing! I wanted to claim victory on the back of my own strength and skill, and fight to defend it!" Jack talked away, who the fuck is this man? A knight betraying his own kingdom? An old prophet betraying his own God? A monk bretaying his code? A poet making a tragedy? No, wrong, it's a teenager who has too much free time and not enough friends.

"I think I preferred talking to his fists." Ace nudged me.

I was pissed, I took a step forward, everyone turned their attention to me and Ace tried to grab my arm and pull me back, I dropped my bag on the ground. "So... this is all about you, then? What about the innocent people being hurt?"

"I get it! I know exactly what he means!" Deuce shouted and I snapped my head around to face him, the moment he looked at my face he jolted back and put his head down.

"That's not a good sign." Grim mumbled, before grabbing my notepad and pin and running it over to me, I picked it up and wrote a quick summary of what he said.

"Ruggie's signature spell— it makes its target copy Ruggie's movements. Since he's making the same movements as the person he's controlling, he's able to make it look like an accident on their part." Jack explained and I wrote it down, Jack had crossed his arms over his chest, his wolf-ears twitching slightly.

"Huh. so that's how he was able to get Grim to trade without getting caught. He just put out his hand, and Grim put out his." Ace hummed and looked down at Grim.

"That lousy, rotten...! Aargh! Now I'm angry again! Food grudges never die!" Grim growled, he began pacing around, grumbling to himself.

"Wait, hold on a minute. If he was mirroring the movements of someone about to fall down the stairs, surely someone would have noticed that?" Deuce pointed out, taking a step forward.

"Ruggie didn't cause these accidents by himself. Most of Savanaclaw was probably in on it too. Like you said, someone would have noticed if he was near the targets and also mimicking their actions. I believe he escaped notice by surrounding himself with a wall of his dormmates." Jack explained what was happening and I wrote down the details, I was still beyond pissed that he was just going to let this happen.

"The whole dorm was in on it? But why?" Deuce questioned and Ace walked over, throwing his arm over Deuce's shoulder.

"Well, duh. How well they do at the Spelldrive tournament could make or break their careers. If that's their motive, well, it isn't hard to understand where they're comin' from." Ace laughed, his arms still over Deuce's shoulder.

"Selfish, attention seeking whores...." I mumbled under my breath, causing them to turn their head towards me, Jack let out a growl, baring his fangs at Ace and Deuce.

"Dude! Don't bare your fangs at me! I'm just connectin' the dots!" Ace jumped back, throwing his hands up in mock surrender.

"Hmmph. If they're not willing to show what they;re capable of now, what does the future even matter? I'm most disappointed with our housewarden, Leona Kingscholar. He has incredible talent, but he refuses to even use it!" Jack growled, still baring his fangs, he began to spit as he talked, truly showing how frustrated he was.

"Yeah, for as lazy as that guy is... He seemed insanely strong." Grim put his paw on my leg, seemingly trying to get me to bend down and pick him up, but I still couldn't because my plan hadn't come into action yet.

"Right?! Why would you possess such power and not even hone it? I despise guys like him! The way he played when I saw him three years ago... it blew my mind. That was the reason I came to this school. I thought if I joined Savanaclaw, he and I would be tearing up the Spelldrive field together." Jack blabbered on, growling and huffing.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and a breath in my ear "yo, y/n. He's pretty harsh when he talks about his own housewarden, but I'm starting to think..." Ace whispered in my ear but I cut him off.

"He actually really respected and admired him..." I whispered back, nodding at Ace who nodded back and took a step back.

"All these "accidents" are just an incidental part of the plan. They're hunting bigger prey here.... Malleus Draconia, the Diasomia hosewarden. He possesses monstrous power. He led Diasomnia to victory two years running. He's the reason we were knocked out of both tournaments without scoring a single point. The older dorm members won't ever forgive that." Jack shook his head, I wrote down the 'bigger prey' and Malleus part but nothing else.

"Without a single point...? For a dorm that usually wins the tournament, that had to hurt." Deuce shook his head and Jack nodded.

Jack rubbed the back of his head. "You know it. Our greatest moment of shame— broadcast to the whole world in real time. The upperclassmen want to redeem themselves, but the way they're doing it is despicable." Jack huffed, shaking his head.

"So this all comes together on the day of the tournament." Ace hummed, looking at me before looking back at Jack.

"Yep. And that's why I need to stop them!" Jack growled.

I wonder if they've noticed Riddle and Cater yet?

"I believe I've heard enough." Riddle walked up, if they hadn't noticed him yet, they've noticed now, Cater followed in.

"Hello, Housewarden Rosehearts. Cater." Deuce nodded, Ace jolted around, and Jack stiffened up, Cater and Riddle walked to my side.

Riddle crossed his arms with a sigh, shaking his head before bringing his hands to his hips. "I cannot allow such an important tradition to be tarnished by personal grudges." Riddle closed his eyes as he spoke, a look of disappointment on his face.

"So what's the sitch, Riddle? We got a plan?" Cater looks towards Riddle as he plays with his hair.

"As we have no proof of Leona's machinations, nor of Ruggie's assaults, we cannot take this to Crowley. Without solid evidence, that sort of accusation would never stick to someone as sly as Leona." Riddle shook his head, opening his eyes and crossing his arms one again.

"So you're saying we need to catch him in the act?" Ace put his hands on his hips, leaning forward slightly.

"Yes. And I have a suggestion to the end. First—" Riddle was cut off by Jack.

"Stop. I've told you what I know, but that doesn't mean I'm plannin' to join your merry band." Jack crossed his arms and took a step back, turning away slightly.

"What? C'mon, Jack, even after all we've been through together? The smiles and the tears?" Cater tried to convence Jack to stay with things that never actually happened.

"Savanaclaw is my dorm, and I'm gonna be the one to settle this. Seeya." Jack turned away to leave, okay he's really done it down.

"Even though you did nothing until now? Do you really think you can accomplish anything by yourself?" I scoffed at him, I saw his wolf-ears twitched, my plan was not in action, I dropped my notebook and pen down, Grim caught them.

"What'd you just say?!" Jack growled and began to turn back around to face me. I walked up behind him, before he even had a chance to look back to see me I kicked the back of his knees, causing him to drop down to his knees, I grabbed a handful of his hair and forced him to look at me.

"Ouch. Been a while since you've let someone have it like that, Kettu." I heard Grim mumble from behind me.

"It's true, though. You versus your entire dorm? Can't say I see the odds favoring you." Deuce shook his head.

I pulled Jack's head back to face me as he tried to pull away. "The most successful wolves hunt in packs. If you truly want to stop them, work with us. Or you could just be some mutt wandering around in the streets and being kicked around by everyone that passes." I spat out in his face, his wolf-ears pinned back and he pulled his head away from my grip by grabbing my wrist.

"....All right, fine. I'll hear you out." Jack stood up, as soon as he did he crossed his arms and looked down at me, wiping his face with his sleeve. "But I'm not committing to anything. If I don't like the sound of your scheme, I'm out." Jack huffed.

"Man, this guy is impossible." Ace sighed and Cater poked him.

"Funny, I was just thinking how much he reminds me of you and Deuce." Cater laughed.

"Then, if I may continue explaining my plan? The first step is..." Riddle finally spoke up, his arms crossed as he looked over us. Riddle began explaining his plan, it was a brilliant plan or not I don't know, I wasn't listening, I hope I don't have any big parts in this plan...

"Huh. that's actually not hald bad, dude." Ace hummed and leaned against Deauce who also nodded.

"That is quite a plan, Housewarden Rosehearts!" Deuce praised, nodding along.

"Sounds like ol' Cay-Cay has a lot of prep work to do before the big day!" Cater stretched out before resting his arms around me, pulling him back against him and resting his head against mine.

"Thank you, Cater. Take care not to raise suspicions." Riddle spoke to Cater, before turning towards Jack, Cater also looked towards Jack.

"So H-B-U, Jack? You heard Riddle's plan. Are you in? Or out?" Cater hummed, I looked over at Jack and he made direct eye contact with me.

Jack crossed his arms and mumbled out. "There's nothing cowardly about it, at least." After the whisper he cleared his throat, deciding to speak louder. "I suppose we can work together this one time." Jack sighed.

I leaned down and picked up Grim who huffed. "Really feelin' the trust there, Jack."

"Cool beans. Let's all get back to our dorms for today. I know I'm about ready to keel over." Ace groaned and rubbed the back of his head with a sad look before he turned and began walking away.

"Yeah, and I'm starving!" Grim whined and I turned to walk away.

Just as we began walking away Riddle called out to us. "Hold on a moment, freshmen. Because of the information it yielded, I am going to overlook your flagrant violation of rule #6 "No fighting on campus." but rest assured that if it happens again, it will cost you your heads. Are we clear?" Riddle's calm face twisted to one of anger.

"Yes sir, Housewarden Rosehearts." Ace, Grim and Deuce all spoke.

"...yeah." Jack nodded.

"You can't do shit to me!" I stuck my tounge out at Riddle which caused him to crack a small smile before he cleared his throat and stood up straight once agian.

"Very well. Let us return to our dorms." Riddle began walking towards the exit of the courtyard.

"Man, I thought he looked like a wuss, but your housewarden is one scary dude." Jack turned and leaned down, whispering to Ace and Deuce.

Deuce and Ace nodded, Ace leaned in close to Jack. "You ain't wrong. Mistake him for a freindly hedgehog and you'll quickly learn he's actually a furious porcupine." Ace whispered back to Jack.

I cleared my throat, causing the group to look at me. "Let's all get well-rested for tournament day! We are gonna stop this crime, no matter what!" they all nodded and smiled at me, in the end we all decided to silently walk to the mirrors together like we usually did anyway.

As we reached the mirror everything went black and I saw ink again on a yellow table, I heard grumbling, when I opened my eyes Jack was holding me and looking down at me with a worried expression, everyone had been staring at me.

"Dude this keeps happening... you okay?" Ace threw his arm around me in a side hug, I nodded and pushed him away from me.

"Oh, can I come with you guys, I want to check up on Trey!" I looked towards Riddle who nodded.

As we entered Heartslabyul, I slowly made my way up the stairs, not wanting to fall, Grim stayed downstairs with Ace, Deuce, Cater and Riddle. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 573 13
,,, Twisted Wonderland x Male Reader ''' . . . ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ a rambunctious second year whose a self proclaimed Housewarden of his own dorm tar...
22.2K 1.4K 12
╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝𝖇𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌❞ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ you were blessed some mysterious abilities that caused you meet your soulmates left and right. y...
9.1K 392 7
card (/kärd/) ⁿᵒᵘⁿ A piece of thick, stiff paper or thin pasteboard, in particular one used for writing or printing on. ┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥...
108K 3.7K 41
Y/n was what seemed to be your unique Trouble maker, But what if that trouble maker of a child had a dark secret, a dark past that they wish to forge...