Run Away (A Kuroo Tetsurō x R...

By EkanaAkimse

**A revival of the fanfiction moved from my old account.** You hated reality. You hated yourself and what you... More

| Prologue |
Chapter 1 | Kenma's Cousin
Chapter 2 | Who Goes to School go to Skip?
Chapter 3 | Who's Too Close and Too Handsome? Kenma's Friend.
Chapter 4 | The Usual Sleepover is The Way to Get Closer
Chapter 5 | Sex and Regrets
Chapter 6 | Braids
Chapter 7 | Take It Off Of Me, Daddy
Chapter 8 | Exams and Conditions
Chapter 9 | The Arrival of Karasuno
Chapter 10 | Trapped
Chapter 11 | Ghost of Fukurodani
Chapter 12 | Comfort Doesn't Need To Be Words
Chapter 13 | Remind Kuroo Never to Let You Drink
Chapter 14 | Actually Just a Filler Chapter
Chapter 15 | Summer Training Camp Is A Paradise of Hot Volleyball Players
Chapter 16 | Hate Getting into an Unexpected Situation
Chapter 17 | Happier
Chapter 18 | Another Chapter We'll Wish Kuroo Was Real
Chapter 19 | Kenma's Not The Only Cockblocker
Chapter 20 | How Do You Even Respond To Confessions?
Chapter 21 | Bloody War
Chapter 22 | Bitches In The Beach
Chapter 23 | Kenma The Cockblocker
Chapter 24 | A Bunch of Extras Are In This Chapter
Chapter 25 | The Only Thing Hotter Than The Sun is Kuroo
Chapter 26 | 愛
Chapter 27 | Hungry For Food Or Hungry For Kuroo?
Chapter 28 | Kuroo Wants French F̶r̶i̶e̶s̶
Chapter 29 | No One Can Mess With Kuroo's Girl
Chapter 30 | How To Piss Off Your Parents 101
Chapter 31 | Even in the Modern World, Family Wars Exist When There's a Bitch
Chapter 32 | It's Literally a White Christmas
Chapter 33 | The Aftermath of a Fucked Up Party
Chapter 34 | Women Are Born Dramatic
Chapter 35 | Sometimes, All You Need is a Chapter of Clingy Kuroo
Chapter 37 | I Can't Think of a Title, But I Guess "New Year" Will Do
Chapter 38 | Something Great Will Happen
Chapter 39 | There's Always the Restaurant Slapping Scene
Chapter 40 | Spending The Day on a Hotel Bed
Chapter 41 | Three Letter Word That Makes a Happy Tetsuro? You!
Chapter 42 | Daddy Kuroo Is Always so Caring
Chapter 43 | Through Thick and Thin
| Epilogue |

Chapter 36 | When There Is Trouble, Pay It Double

34 2 0
By EkanaAkimse

——————————
CHAPTER 36
When There Is Trouble, Pay It Double
——————————

"Here, please sign."

"Thank you very much."

Just a day before the end of the week that your aunt gave you as deadline, you were able to secure a cheap apartment to move in. Kuroo helped you searched for it, and it was thanks to him that you found one that was safe, cheap, and pretty close to the university you were applying for.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, Mr. Kozume. She may start moving in today."

Your uncle volunteered to help you with whatever official needs, such as his consent letter as your guardian. Even after all that happened that also involved his own son, he was still nice to you. But you took it as just his wife wanting to get rid of you as soon as possible.

"Uh, thanks, Uncle."

"Do you also need help moving? Shopping for things?"

"No, uh, I can do all those myself." You replied awkwardly.

"Or you mean, Tetsuro-kun will help you?"

A tint of pink crept up your cheeks and you averted your gaze from him. "I have a job interview, so I'm going ahead. Thanks again."

Days flew by quickly. You moved into your apartment as soon as you can, and started working in a nearby convenience store while still doing art commissions. Your previously lenient days became so busy and tiring, but all of those would become eased up as soon as Kuroo calls you before you two go to sleep. He's also been busy with club practice since the Nationals was coming up, and so you two could only see each other at school and spend time during breaks. Christmas even passed by, and although couples would usually spend it together, you couldn't due to having work that day. The year was almost coming to an end.

"Are you free on New Year's Eve?" Kuroo spoke to you through your phone, and hearing his voice like that made you miss him more. Moments you spend together at school just isn't enough, specially when your seats are too further apart and he's usually surrounded by his friends.

"Yeah..."

"Spend New Year's with us. My grandma misses you too. Then we could go to the shrine together, hmm?"

"Mhm. I'd like that." You smiled to yourself, laying down on your bed as you looked at the ceiling of your room. "It'll be the only time I won't be busy, too. Even though we having winter break, we have college entrance exams coming."

"Right. I'm still surprised you decided to go to college after all."

You sighed tiredly, shifting your position to lay down on your side. "I just thought I'd need more education for a stable job... I guess."

"Sleepy?"

"Not really..."

"Hmm... You sound a little down. Did something happen?"

The fact that Kuroo figured that just from a call made you appreciate him more. Not that something happened, but you just felt drained with how busy each days were, and you were missing spending lazy days with him watching shows or reading manga together.

"I..." Your voice lowered. "...miss you."

"I know." He chuckled. "How about looking out at the sky? I'm looking at it too."

"That's dumb and cheesy." You scoffed weakly.

"Come on, just do it. It's a magic trick."

"I don't wanna get off my bed." You argued, and argued some more until he was finally able to convince you. Grumbling irritatedly, you dragged yourself off your bed and headed to the nearest window, sliding the curtains to the side as you gazed at the sky. "I'm looking at the sky right now and it doesn't change shit, Kuroo."

"Now look down."

Your heart instantly drummed against your chest, and you nervously and slowly did as he told. Heat crept up your cheeks and your eyes widened as you saw him looking up at you from the ground, his phone placed against his ear while he used his free hand to wave.

"Did it work?"

You slammed your window open, flinching at the sudden coldness that entered your room. "W-What are you doing here?!" You asked, speaking to him directly instead of the phone. Realizing it was already night and people were sleeping, you immediately clamped a hand over your mouth. You placed your phone against your ear again as you shut your window close again. "Hang on, I'm going down there."

You ended the call, tossing your phone to your bed before running down and out of the two-storey apartment.

"You're going to miss the last train, idiot!" You hissed at him as soon as you met him, and instead of saying anything back, Kuroo smiled gently and pulled you between his arms, engulfing you with a sweet warmth that instantly made you feel calm and better.

"I'm fine walking home if it means I can hug you like this." He uttered, causing your heart to flutter wildly. The fact that his voice was so close to your ear only made it worse.

Wrapping your arms around his torso, you replied with a soft tone. "You're already tired from practice, stupid... You should care more about your health."

"I can't believe I'm hearing that from you, of all people." He chuckled, slowly pulling away so he could face you properly. "Look at you, your eye bags are even deeper now."

"I can't help it since I have to work!"

"Woah, you grew up so fast! It hasn't been that long when you can't even fix your own hair. Papa is so proud." He joked exaggeratedly, wiping his fake tears which made you express a laugh before flicking his forehead.

You heaved a sigh, temporarily flushing out your anxieties with it, then flashing him a small, genuine smile. "Thanks for coming here, Kuroo."

Your boyfriend nodded as he gave you a wider smile, lifting his hand up to your face to tuck a lose strand of your hair behind your ear. "I didn't want you to feel lonely. I'll come visit whenever we both have time."

As much as you both still wanted to stay with each other, you figured it would be better for him to go home and rest already. You'd be seeing each other at school, anyway, though it's a little regretful that you can't come by their practices anymore since you have to work for your part time.

Your busy days continued until the last day of the year, spending its morning cleaning out shelves at the convenience store you worked at. Since you'd be coming over at Kuroo's house before evening, it put you in high spirits that motivated you enough to finish your shift.

"I'm really sorry, Manager. I already promised my daughter I'd be coming home early today."

"Oh... That's too bad. Now what should I do?"

You glanced at the side of the staff room where you overheard people talking, seeing it was your boss and an elder co-worker. Accidentally and regrettably, your eyes locked with the young male manager and his face seemingly lit up as he ushered you to come over.

"(L/N)-san! Can you help us out?"

"Eh... Why?"

It was obvious on your face that you didn't want to, but they were both desperate enough to ignore that and attempt to push their motive. The manager had a begging face on, while the other man looked worried and troubled.

"The thing is, Tomo-kun called in sick just now, but I can't find anyone else to cover his shift later. Please, (L/N)-san, you're our last hope!" The manager clasped both his palms together, lowering his upper body as he gave you a puppy-eyed look. "Please!"

"I'd like to ask you too, (L/N)-san. I just really can't today, will you please help our manager out?" Your co-worker also pleaded, making you sigh as you averted your gaze.

"I... have plans..." You uttered, chewing on your bottom lip at the broken expression they made. You don't understand why your co-worker was even troubled, since it wasn't supposed to be his problem, but maybe he's just too nice to ignore the stressed out manager.

"Oh, of course you do! It's New Year's, afterall!"

Your elder co-worker sighed. "I guess I'll just apologize to my daughter... And I've been unable to fulfill a lot of our promises lately..."

Ugh, how troublesome. Now they're making me feel guilty.

You shook your head to yourself, glancing at your co-worker who had a regretful face on. You've heard about his story, a 22 year old college student who had a child when he was still in high school. His girlfriend unfortunately couldn't graduate, and eventually left him and their child to his care. Despite that, he continued his education while working multiple part-time jobs, and his mother watches over his 4 year-old daughter whenever he's not at home. Ahh, an inspiring life full of hardships that he struggles to overcome. But because you knew about that, thinking of how his child would feel if he can't keep his promise of coming home early weighed heavy on you.

"Uh... What time does the shift end?" You asked, a question that instantly lit up the managers' face again.

"It's only until 8! And your hours worked would be paid double!"

Paid double...

"Alright. I'll cover Tomo-san's shift."

You texted your boyfriend about the changes in your schedule, informing him of the circumstances and the double pay that made you accept the manager's plea.

He didn't reply immediately, so you figured he might be busy with something, and you just went back to work as customers started entering.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 6K 24
{completed} l/n y/n a third year student at Nohebi, meets a messy haired boy inside her parents convenience store and slowly starts falling for him ...
80 20 8
𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓪 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮. 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮, 𝓘 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓸𝓾𝓽...
246K 5.7K 21
You and Kuroo were once in love... until one day, he forgot all about you. *This is a random fanfic written on a whim. I do not own the characters no...
59K 1.8K 30
❞𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧❜𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫❟ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞❜𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬❟ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢...