Chapter 21 | Bloody War

——————————
CHAPTER 21
Bloody War
——————————

Life was simply unfair, and there were times when you just really hated being born as a woman. Those times are specifically... period times. It sucked, and it was more unfair that you get horrible dysmenorrhea and mood swings.

"Kenma..." You growled, shooting his back a glare as he continued to play his game, standing by the doorway since he was about to leave.

"Hold on, let me just finish this."

You whined as you laid on your bed, curled in a fetal position. Everything just ached, your thighs, your back, your lower abdomen, not to mention your stomach felt acidic from not eating anything yet, but you didn't have the appetite either. It was just like that for you every month, though there were lucky times when you were free of suffering, which to mention, is rare.

"Kenma!" You cried out, clutching on your lower belly as it ached from period cramps again. Your skin felt cold, but sweat was trickling down from your whole body.

"I'm going, I'm going!" Finally, he finished his game and headed out of the room. He fished out his phone, dialing an emergency number under the contact name Kuroo. Your cousin couldn't deal with you, but he's sure someone else would.

After the second ring, Kuroo picked up the call. "What's up, Kenma? Odd for you to call."

---

"Why the hell does no one in this house care?!" You sniffled dramatically to yourself, covering yourself with a blanket as you shivered from cold sweat. You were crying from pain, and for no other reason aside from that. You were just crying. You thought Kenma had abandoned you too, since it's been 30 minutes since he left to buy things you asked him to.

You heard the door to your room open, making you clench your fists irritatedly. "What took you so long?!"

"Sorry, I bought some medicine and some stuff." It surprised you when it wasn't Kenma who answered, but rather a different voice. You haven't talked to him since you got back from the training camp yesterday, but you couldn't really focus on that matter.

"Why are you here?!" You irritatedly yelled, lowering the blanket to see him through your blurry vision. Your glasses were placed aside on your nightstand, since it was getting in the way of lying down. "Where's Kenma!?"

No, you weren't mad at him. You two were in good terms even after his confession. You were just having mood swings, and he perfectly understood that it was a side effect of menstrual period. He's got high grades in science class for a reason.

"I bought you something to eat, which would you like?" He calmly asked, crouching down in front of your bed as he opened the plastic bag of your favorite snacks.

"I don't want to eat." You mumbled.

"But you need to eat, (Y/N)."

"I said I don't want to eat!" You shifted your position, turning on the other side so your back would face him while you still curled yourself in a fetal position. You sobbed, "It hurts..."

Kuroo sighed as he placed the bag of food down, taking the hot compress bag from another plastic instead. "I'll prepare you a hot compress, just wait a moment, okay?" He softly stated, caressing the top of your head before leaving.