Chapter 40 | Spending The Day on a Hotel Bed

——————————
CHAPTER 40
Spending The Day on a Hotel Bed ;)

——————————

Your fist pounded on the door until it opened, and you didn't waste another second before coming in, throwing yourself on Kuroo's chest who looked at you with worry as you let the dam of your tears break.

Still, without asking anything, he enveloped you in a warm embrace, letting you ball your eyes out for now. It was obvious that the meeting with your father didn't go well, and even though he wanted to know the details, he decided not to pry at the moment and comfort you instead until you calm down.

"What the hell, really..." With gritted teetch and slightly shut tearful eyes, you clenched on his shirt as if desperately clinging for support. "They both... only care about themselves...!"

Kuroo hugged you gently, yet at the same time his arms were firm. His warmth gave you the sense of security, and was the only reason you weren't completely breaking down. "Let's sit down, or lie down, whatever makes you comfortable, and we can talk about it, okay? There's rum in the fridge, if it'll help you I'll pour you some." His voice reached you softly, and you quietly nodded in response before pulling away from him to make your way to the bed.

As you sat down and leaned against the headboard, Kuroo grabbed a bottle of rum and cola from the fridge along with a glass he filled with ice before making his way to sit on the edge of the bed, just beside you. Your father was paying for accommodation fees so he'd probably be informed that you took alcohol from the fridge, but he'll worry about that later. 

"I saw my old man do this the other day, but I don't know how it tastes." He stated, handing you the glass where he poured a mix of rum and cola with more of the latter. He was sure he did it right, since he purposely remembered how to make it while thinking if you'd like it.

"Thanks." You mumbled, accepting the glass and gulping down its contents continuously. The action took him aback at first, but he still poured you another mix as you asked.

At least, your tears have stopped. You were still upset, so he decided to let you drink as much as you want for now while he served as your bartender.

Sighing, you lowered your hand to your lap while holding the half-empty glass. Staring at nothing in particular, you muttered, "Apparently, my parents divorced."

"And suddenly my dad's going to get remarried, I'll have a step-brother and another sibling to be born soon." You continued in one breath, letting out a bitter chuckle before drinking the contents of your glass. "I thought I didn't care... But now... I feel really confused and irritated. Everything's just... so sudden..."

It took a lot for your boyfriend to control his surprise from what you just said. It has only been a couple of months since the Christmas party, and your parents were still together that time. It's true that things were happening so fast, and he can't blame you for being upset. "Are you irritated about your parents divorcing?" He asked. Although you looked tipsy already, he still obliged to your request for another glass.

"I don't know. I thought I didn't care, but... it's just..." You paused, drinking half the contents of your glass again before continuing. "All those... developments hapfh..ened... And I had no idea... It's like they thought t-that... it was irrelevant for me to know."