Love and Deepwater • A Rafaye...

By xjinminisrealx

Rafayel's has been all alone waiting for Enoria to comeback to him after her bride decided to sacrifice herse... More

Disclaimer
Season one
God of The Seas
Rafayel Legacy
Meeting someone Special
Goodbye
Muscle pulls
Heart Scale
Banquet flattery
Cheese in The Trap
Under the moon we meet
I missed you
Heartbeats
The Lemurian Games
To save them all
Hidden in plain sight
Storyteller
The First
Truths
Coral stone
Strawberries
Playing with fire
Fleeting moments
Facing reality
Tides of longing
The final breath
Hug of the Sea
Season two
Return to Lemuria
End of the World
Nora, Elara and Rafayel
Abysswalker
Escape plan number 99
Vigilant
Underground

Slowly reaching out to you

270 14 2
By xjinminisrealx

Rafayel raised an eyebrow, his worry turning into a half grin as he spoke up slowly and playfully.

"You won... is that all you have to say?" His chuckle reverberated through the room as he leaned casually against the wall, crossing his legs. His playful side was starting to come out again but, his eyes kept searching her, trying to confirm that she was indeed okay, not hurt, safe. 'Don't I deserve some sort of prize for enduring all that worry and stress you managed to put me through?" His tone softened, laced with playful affection, his expression had become more mischievous after seeing that she was, indeed, okay.

He took notice of her small smile, but as the girl tried to sit, it turned into a frown when she felt hurt on his back after staying seated on the floor for so long.

The bond flashed white, hurt and Rafayel inhaled, eyes searching for what was aching as he winced, feeling the sharp pain as if it were his own. His breath caught, and his eyes darted around, seeking the source of the pain from the girl. He approached her a bit too quickly, kneeling next to Enoria and looking at her worriedly, eyes searching.

'Are you alright?' His eyes noticed Enoria's hand caressing her back and he hid a smile in sympathy, realizing the toll the hard floor had taken on her. 'You sat there, for so long like that... It's obvious that your ass would hurt' He teased with concern in his voice.

She nodded, a beautiful flush. She tried to stand up but her legs were also numb, could not move at all, after so many hours of sitting in the same position. The ache of stiffness held her captive, and she remained kneeling, vulnerable and helpless.

Rafayel noticed her struggles in trying to stand up and also saw her puppy eyes, almost pleading with him without words that she needed to be cared for. His concern deepened, etching lines of worry on his brow. Without hesitation, he moved closer, his touch gentle as he eased her back down. Kneeling beside her, he cradled her face in his hands, his thumbs brushing away invisible worries.

The bond between them flared, an invisible thread pulling them closer, and he knew he couldn't ignore it any longer.

'I will now collect my prize' He declared openly, without any further hesitation, gently lifting her by using his left arm and hugging the princess with his right, holding her close.

They were suddenly enclosed in a hug and Rafayel felt the bond sigh in contentment. He smiled against her caramel hair.

'Okay, I will carry you to bed." His breath was warm against her skin. "Just... don't move too much." His concern was evident, and he waited, seeking her consent before proceeding.

When she nodded, puppy eyes on full display, with the utmost care, Rafayel lifted her into his arms. Her weight felt surprisingly light. He cradled her against his chest, surrounding her waist with one arm.

Rafayel carried her into the living room, instead of the bed, he sat her down carefully on the chair, making sure not to hurt her even more.

His gaze lingered on her face, etching this moment into memory. Enoria, vulnerable and precious, nestled in his arms.

'Here.' he stepped back. After doing so, he looked intently at her, keeping his distance and looking at how her blush dissipated slowly. 'Can I ask you something, Your Highness?' His eyes searched hers. 'Is this what you wanted? To bear the weight of all my worries, just so you could declare yourself the winner of a silly game?' His teasing smile danced in his eyes that remained fixed on her.

Enoria exhaled, feeling a lot more comfortable now than hours before. She grimaced when her legs were still feeling numb, so she leaned down to massage them. Rafayel noticed.

'Are you feeling better now?' His voice was a soft murmur, a soothing balm. Enoria nodded, her expression shy and small.

'I'm sorry,' she whispered, her cheeks still flushed. 'I didn't mean to worry you. But this... it's all so new to me. And, as I said, I wanted to test you'

Rafayel chuckled softly to himself as he noticed how timid she was, so he leaned closer and looked at her with a more playful expression.

'What is still new to you?' He asked with an even more teasing tone... enjoying himself as he continued to make her blush even more. 'I haven't forgiven you, you know,' he added, savoring the delightful dance of emotions that played across her face.

Enoria's amusement sparkled in her eyes.

'Well,' she quipped, 'I suppose I owe you one, then.' Her playful retort held a hint of challenge. 'And enough with the teasing,' she added, her laughter echoing Rafayel's own.

Rafayel sighed like it was a big effort to stop playing with her. He kneeled, still looking at her. He sat on the floor and placed a hand on his numb legs, massaging them, legs crossed.

'Is that so?' Rafayel's smirk increased. 'And if I don't stop...?" He asked with a smirk, his gaze piercing through her and with poorly suppressed want in his eyes. He massaged her legs like he knew how to do it, and Enoria guessed that some Master from underwater must have taught him to do it correctly. She sighed.

'This feels good' She smiled, kindly at him. Rafayel hummed as he started to slowly caress her muscles and attempted to relax them, to help ease all of the stress and tension from the long sit in gentle motions and rubs.

"Does it help?" He asked in a more gentle and caring tone... enjoyed this a lot as he gently caressed her legs.

She nodded. The bond was still pink, it seemed that she liked this caring side of him.

'So...' Her voice wavered slightly as she observed his hands working their magic on her legs. 'What favor do you want from me?'

'Just one thing' Rafayel kept gently rubbing and didn't stop massaging, looking at her with a teasing smirk. 'One very small thing...' His hand then slowly moved up, resting on her knees. 'All you have to do is...' His voice was just a whisper, soothing. His eyes looked more beautiful from this close, looking up to her from the floor. 'Don't hide anything from me anymore, I want you to show me all your expressions and feelings... don't stop this before it even starts, let this unfold, your Highness'

Enoria exhaled. Bond turned pink and almost red.

'How... do you speak of this so easily?' She asked, embarrassedly.

Enoria's question hung in the air, and Rafayel's hands remained steadfast on her knees. His ears reddened, a telltale sign of vulnerability, as he confessed, 'I had more time to figure out my feelings than you.'

She hummed, blush still present.

'You did?' She returned the question, going back to their game of keep asking questions.

'Yeah...' His voice lowered, a whisper meant only for her. 'You would never understand, as you are just a silly human being' He sighed. 'Don't hide the feelings you have for me.' His hand descended, massaging her ankles, and the sensation sent shivers up her spine. 'You can be honest,' he urged, 'you can be bold...show how much you feel —i want your everything.'

Enoria's curiosity flared.

'So you liked me since the beginning?' She asked, curiously. 'Is that also a Lemurian thing?'

Rafayel's blush deepened as he realized that Enoria was starting to read him, his true thoughts and feelings. His hand slowly moved to his calves. 'I won't... even deny that fact.'

The bond showed all kinds of colors, mostly pink with bits of red, so his Lemurian instincts, even though he was still young, filled his mind with all sorts of wants: of holding and hugging her tight, of keeping her for himself —many, many intrusive and egotistical wishes.

'Can you tell me about it?' She asked, noticing Rafayel's turbulent thoughts, feeling bold, and curious. 'About how Lemurians know about feelings before us, silly humans?'

He felt nervous and shy at her question.

'...Y-Yes,' he whispered, his gaze fixed on the ground. His hand remained unmoving on her ankles. A small sigh escaped him, and he looked up at her. At first, his expression was inscrutable, but it gradually softened into something more sincere.

'From the very beginning,' Rafayel began, his voice hushed. 'Even though Lemurians don't comprehend feelings like humans do, we just know.' He paused, searching for words. 'It's like an urge—an instinct—an indescribable feeling that defies language.' His eyes bore into hers, vulnerable. 'A gut feeling, reserved for the right connection.' His hand acted as a bridge between their worlds, steady and unwavering.

Rafayel was silent for one moment... as if he was trying to find a way to explain it easier to understand.

For a moment, Rafayel fell silent, as if trying to find a simpler way to explain. 'Lemurians,' he continued, 'don't work the same way humans do. Our understanding of emotions is different, our perceptions unique.' His touch remained firm on her ankles. 'But my interest in you was genuine,' he confessed, his hands tracing invisible patterns only he could see. 'Despite not knowing much about your race or anything about you... even when I was still a child.'

Enoria's exhale held a hint of giddiness.

'So you knew,' she murmured. 'You knew that I was... fated or whatever, even then. That's why you gave me that scale.' Her blush deepened, the memory vivid.

Rafayel's expression went silent and his mind suddenly shifted back to the heart scale incident.

'Our heart scale... doesn't lie' He said cryptically. 'When I saw you for the first time I was too young to understand, but I figured out that I needed to see you again, and instincts made me give you my scale, to be able to meet you again and help you in a way.' He didn't mention her life being extended, nor the bond that formed between them. 'I knew,' he confessed, voice softer now, 'that you would be a big part of my future.' His gaze held hers, unyielding. 'But I never expected to feel this much for you, at least not so soon.'

Enoria stilled.

'The last months have been really... nice, being next to you and getting to know you, I also didn't know that I would be able to feel like... this, weirdly wanting to keep close to you, this soon' She said, voice soft. 'But it's too new and I want to go slow, if it's okay, getting to know you and exploring whatever this is and where it leads' Her voice was so calming, Rafayel closed his eyes. 'We are also... underaged' She said, blushing.

Rafayel's face turned a bright red, as he realized what Enoria had meant with her comment.

Her request resonated. 'Going slow,' he agreed, 'is wise. Let's explore this path together, step by step.' Rafayel's secondary mission —to win her heart— suddenly seemed a lot easier. 'And yes,' he added, his blush matching hers, 'you are underaged.'

Then, after considering her words, he needed to ask something. The change of their dynamic happened too fast and he had to make sure.

'This feeling,' he began, voice trembling, 'or this attraction... is it something real?' Rafayel then shifted his position closer, ceasing the touching of her legs, feeling nervous over his question, his gaze pierced through her. His Siren voice, the very essence of his being— remained unspoken, a secret he guarded fiercely.

She hummed.

'You didn't use your voice, today, right?' She asked. 'Or in a while?'

Rafayel's cheeks immediately became even brighter, with the topic of his Siren voice. He quickly looked away, hiding his expression.

"No... I haven't..." He answered quietly. 'I didn't even attempt to try..." Rafayel said softly, as he continued to stare at her. 'I wanted all the feelings and stuff happening... today... to be real'

Her smile was gentle, and understanding.

'Then this is real,' she said softly, her fingers tracing an invisible pattern on the table. 'And it surprisingly happened without me noticing it all this time. So be patient with me...' She chuckled, self-deprecating. 'As a silly human being with no superpowers,' she added, her blush deepening. 'I'm still figuring out how to... well, like you and all that stuff.'

Rafayel sighed a sigh of relief as he listened, his smile brightened up even more when he looked at her with a teasing smile.

'Would you say that... you like me as just a friend or... something more?' His playful tone hung in the air, a challenge.

She didn't hesitate. Her hand swung out, landing a solid hit on his shoulder, hard.

'Oh, shut up!' she almost shouted, her shyness surfacing. But there was warmth in her eyes, a hint of affection.

Rafayel pouted whilst he rubbed his shoulder, unapologetic.

'You could say that I like you like I would love a jellyfish, you jerk!' She answered, suddenly getting up from the chair, the numbness of her legs all forgotten, and walked towards her balcony, putting distance between them.

Rafayel couldn't help but snicker as he heard her response... he smirked as he stared at her, letting her go.

'A jellyfish?' Rafayel spoke up in a playful tone of voice, with a slight chuckle in it.. he was surely enjoying this at the moment. 'Interesting choice'

His eyes followed her movements, curiosity dancing in their depths.

'Yes, everyone hates them because they just float and sting you if you get closer, just like you!' She answered, still on his back, looking outside.

Rafayel giggled a bit as he heard her response, as he wasn't expecting a jellyfish comparison. He was enjoying getting to know Enoria's little and adorable side, too.

He leaned back in his chair, considering her analogy. 'Everyone hates them...? And you're comparing me to them? That's... mean,' he feigned offense, a playful pout tugging at his lips. 'Well, to be fair, it's the humans' fault for even trying to get close to jellyfish. If they just left them alone—instead of trying to capture, poke, or hit—they wouldn't sting them.'

His eyes sparkled as he continued, enjoying the game. 'You sure are like a jellyfish, Enoria. You only sting me because I am near.' He paused, his fingers tracing the spot where she'd playfully hit him earlier. 'But maybe I secretly enjoy it,' he added, his smile unapologetic.

'Then if you don't want me to hit you, don't get too close' She threatened, looking like a colorful and weakfish standing against a shark.

Rafayel's smirk grew bigger, he wasn't scared of her threat, he was confident that she wouldn't do something hurtful to him.

'Or what?' Rafayel's mocking tone hung in the air, challenging and playful. He wasn't one to back down easily, especially when it came to Enoria.

As he stood up and closed the distance, his demeanor shifted. The teasing facade melted away, revealing a softer side. He moved behind her, close enough that their bodies almost touched, yet not quite, almost a back hug, without touching.

He took the hair ornament from his back pocket and looked at the beautiful accessory and the coral stone adorning it. His fingers traced the delicate lines. The coral stone glimmered in the sunlight and Rafayel's gaze lingered on Enoria's back, studying the curve of her neck, and the way her hair fell.

At that moment, he wasn't the mischievous Siren, an all-powerful God, or the confident flirt. He was Rafayel, vulnerable and uncertain. The weight of his feelings hung heavy in the air, unspoken but palpable.

'May I?' He asked, timidly. His hands now hovered close to her softly caramel locks, the ornament just mere inches away, still waiting for her answer.

'What is it?' Enoria asked, as always, but nodded.

He gently moved her hair from behind her shoulders, revealing the accessory, so that she would be able to see how it looked before he attached it to her.

"It's a hair ornament' He paused, feeling his smile grow. 'I found it while I was out... and thought of you immediately' He told her, a delicate smile on his lips. He signaled the beautiful stone in the middle of it. 'This is a coral stone, pretty rare to find... sacred to my people. There are many meanings behind them; it's believed to be able to heal or cleanse, mostly it aids the heart or grants wishes, it is also symbolic of... love' He finished and paused for a moment, studying her face.

His hand slowly moved to her ponytail, gently placing the accessory into her gorgeous caramel long hair, delicately and with a lot of care. The hair ornament nestled perfectly as if it had always belonged there. He felt pride and contentment because Enoria accepted to wear it, it felt like a beginning in their blooming relationship. Her acceptance meant that their feelings wouldn't be washed ashore by the ocean.

She glanced at him, blushing.

'Does it look good on me?' She asked, obviously fishing for compliments. Rafayel wanted to comply with all of her wishes.

His gaze softened, bypassing the ornament entirely, gazing into her eyes.

'Absolutely beautiful, Your Highness.' His voice dropped to a whisper. 'Your hair, adorned with the coral stone, makes you look like a goddess with a crown—perfect to attract the attention of the gods.' It was spoken in the softest and lowest tone of voice.

Enoria turned around, facing Rafayel.

'I think that you are exaggerating, bringing up Gods' She laughed, the sunset light casting a golden glow on their features.

Rafayel raised an eyebrow, his expression playful.

'Believe me,' he said softly, 'you would get the attention of a god.' His gaze lingered on her, a smile that hid multiple secrets, a mixture of admiration and something deeper, wanting to take her hand between his own.

Rafayel omitted saying that she already caught the attention of the God of the Sea.

Rafayel's hand inched closer to her, moving forward to the point that it was a mere centimeter away from hers, asking for permission to take them on his slightly bigger ones. He noticed Enoria's hum, extending her hand out, which was a clear invitation, allowing him to follow his urges, so he took his chances and enveloped hers, holding and placing them on his chest, feeling the rhythm of his heart echo in the space between their fingers.

'Enoria...' His voice was a soft murmur, a blend of surprise and vulnerability. The warmth of her embrace enveloped him, and for a moment, Rafayel forgot about everything else, the palace, his mission, his position, the sea, even his existence as a Lemurian god.

Her closeness was intoxicating, and he wondered if this was how mortals felt when they held someone they cared about. His heart raced, its rhythm echoing in the space between them. He could feel the rise and fall of her chest, the delicate pressure of her fingers against his own.

'I...' His voice wavered, and he cleared his throat. 'I've never been this close to anyone before.' The admission hung in the air, raw and unfiltered. 'Not like this.'

Enoria's laughter was a melody, and he found himself leaning into it, into her. And as she held him, Rafayel wondered if this was what it meant to be mortal, to feel another's heartbeat and know that it echoed your own.

'Can I do something?' Enoria asked timidly, looking at their joined hands.

Rafayel hummed. Then, unexpectedly, she asked without hesitation.

'Can I pull you closer to me?' And Rafayel nodded, even though feeling more and more nervous about Enoria's sudden unashamed petitions.

Rafayel's blush intensified as Enoria pulled him closer, their bodies pressed together.

'M..mmph..!' Rafayel was taken by surprise when the princess made such a sudden move,  pulling him towards her body. It had caught him by surprise, such crude behavior, but he was not planning on stopping her or resisting the hug.  The proximity affected him more than he'd anticipated. He was enjoying their intimacy, even though he was sure that his face looked scarlet, now.

The closeness felt amazing, but, feeling shy of Enoria being able to hear his heart beating like crazy, he said:

'You... you're really close to me...' He stated but he didn't pull away; instead, he drew her even nearer, craving the connection.

Enoria's laughter danced in the air.

'You always seem super sure of yourself, confident...' Her words were playful, and Rafayel's heart fluttered. 'Never noticed until now that you're also really shy. It's even cute.' Her smirk was both teasing and endearing. 'From unashamed to cutely timid in two seconds... —how can you be this cute?'

Rafayel felt himself become a flustered mess. Enoria wanted to look at him but he didn't let her, putting his face on top of her head, not letting her move from their closeness. Rafayel then spoke up in a deep and quiet tone of voice.

'I am only shy around you... no one else...' His voice was a whisper against her hair, a secret shared between them. Rafayel leaned his body against hers, pushing her gently against the balcony railing. The closeness felt intoxicating, and he reveled in it, allowing himself to be vulnerable, hugging even tighter. Both of them getting even more comfortable and relaxed.

To be honest, he was not used to being called cute. Normally only the Queen would say so, and maybe his sisters as well. He was used to people saying that he was either intimidating or something similar... but never, cute.

Trying to man up, Rafayel then moved the hand that was over his chest, onto his neck. He wanted her to feel comfortable, a silent invitation for her to explore. Her warmth seeped through his skin, and he closed his eyes, savoring the moment. Afterward, he wrapped his arms around her waist... moving closer, so he was holding her tight to his chest, his fingers tracing patterns on her hand. He could feel a gentle smile blooming on his lips, as the way he felt right now was... amazingly happy.

'Thank you, Your Highness,' he murmured, his voice filled with unspoken emotions. 'For this moment.'

But time was fleeting, and he knew they couldn't linger forever. Noticing the sunset almost gone, unfortunately, he braced himself to separate from her as he loosened his grip on her and stepped away. He met her gaze, cheeks still flushed from their closeness.

'It's late' he murmured, staring at Enoria's surprised orbs. 'The guards will come soon and I need to appear defenseless and weak...' He told her, voice tiny and soft.

They walked to their usual position, enjoying the rest of their evening, separating themselves so he could adopt his true form, and laid inside of the tank, Enoria sitting next to it after dinner.

Late at night, when the guards had taken him away, he'd felt a pang of disappointment. But now, as he watched her, a small smile tugged at his lips. The bond they shared was like a cherry blossom tree—colorful, fragile, and blooming.

He couldn't wait for more moments like this, more shared secrets and stolen glances. The night held promise, and Rafayel wondered if he'd ever forget the way she had felt against his chest.

He wondered how much their relationship would change, as today owned most of their firsts. He hoped for their moments to keep moving forward, for tomorrow to bring more warmth into the bond that only he was able to feel.

He couldn't wait for more games or... more.

____________

Enjoy the fluff, my friends ❤️
Your kind words and likes are always appreciated 💕

ALSO!

This wednesday i will receive a Lasik surgery to get rid of my glasses!

I won't be able to write for a while as they recommended to not watch screens and so >.<

I have some chapters already written and will try to publish them between the weekend and next week!

Wish me luck!

It's me first ever surgery and I'm pretty nervous 🥲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 9.7K 25
Jody was reborn into a mob character in one of her favorite novels. She doesn't even realize until she witnesses the heroine in action. Ever since th...
16.2K 837 17
As a typical corporate employee struggling to find meaning in what you do, your monotonous life flips upside down when you get sucked into a black ho...
3.4K 503 56
{Warning: Do not copy this work in any condition, no matter how much it tempts you. Plagiarism is a heinous crime, and your account will suffer badly...
25.4K 1K 13
~||YANDERE DUKE X READER,||~ ||When you awaken after giving your last breath in your original world. You weren't exactly thinking of becoming [Name]...