Awakened

By 932randomm1234

Alexandra Mikaelson died at the very young age of 5 at the hands of her own father. Or did she? For over a th... More

Prologue
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

3

127 3 0
By 932randomm1234

Alexandra flung the front door open, storming into the house, slamming the door behind her.

'This mysterious stranger is infuriating,' she thought to herself, trying to calm her growing frustration.

"Andy? Are you okay? Why are you storming about?" She heard the voice of Abby before her and Peter walked into the room, confusion written all over their faces.

"Where are Lia and Daph?" She asked icily. She didn't know what to believe at the minute, and she wouldn't be able to calm down fully until she knew the whole truth.

"They're upstairs, sleeping. They got very tired while ice skating," Peter answered, chuckling slightly.

"Good, they don't need to hear this conversation."

"Andy, what's wrong?" Abby asked, evidently concerned.

Alexandra didn't answer. Instead, she walked into the living room, not bothering to turn to see if she was being followed.

"Sit." She basically commanded her parents when she felt their presence behind her.

The two adults looked at each other, knowing how impatient and angry their eldest daughter could get. Not wanting to increase her negative mood, they did as she said.

Peter looked as if he was about to say something, but before he could, Alexandra cut him off.

"I want answers. And I want you to be completely honest with me." She said, her face and voice void of any emotion. The only clue as to her confusion, hesitation and frustration was her eyes, and the way they glistened in the light.

"Answers for what?" Abby asked.

"Am I adopted?" Andy questioned, getting straight to the point.

She watched her parent's faces, taking in their expressions that were a mix between shock and horror. Shock that she had found out, and horror that she seemed to be angry about it. They knew full well that Andy had a bad temper, and it was clear to them that if they didn't choose their next words carefully, she was likely to explode in emotions.

"It's a simple question. A yes or a no answer." Her voice was still cold, and unwavering.

The couple looked at one another, before looking back to their daughter with apologetic looks on their faces, answering "Yes," simultaneously.

Alexandra's face went hard, her eyes glazing over. She was now completely void of emotion, neither one being able to tell what she was thinking or feeling.

"We didn't tell you because it doesn't matter to us. When we found you and took you in, we knew we would love you as if you were our own, no matter what. And that's exactly what we did," Abby began, before Peter added "We never wanted to hurt you by not telling you. We were going to tell you on your seventeenth birthday."

"And that makes the fact that you lied to me for my entire life okay? You didn't think that I'd want to know that my family isn't my family? That I have other relatives out in the world, ones that I've never even met?" Andy's voice was becoming louder and more harsh.

"We couldn't find your birth parents. Trust us, we looked for months, but there was no sign of them anywhere. Eventually we just decided to raise you as our own. You'd forgotten that you hadn't always been with us, you were only five years old, after all."

"Even if I did forget at a young age, you should have told me sooner. Like I said, I'd rather know if my family aren't actually my family." She replied, stonily.

"You are family, Andy! Even if we aren't your birth parents, we still love you as if we were." Abby told her, in an almost begging manner.

The couple knew how stubborn she could be, and how she held grudges against people for a while. They couldn't imagine having their eldest daughter hating them, or not talking to them.

"Please Andy. We never meant to hurt you." Peter said, pleadingly.

They saw a flicker of pain in the young girl's eyes, but she quickly hid her emotions. Instead she only turned around and said over her shoulder, "I'm going to bed. Don't wake me up in the morning."

Alexandra strode into her bedroom, shutting and locking the door behind her. She was conflicted. She was angry at her parents for not telling her the truth, hurt that they didn't trust her to keep her emotions in check enough to tell her, but she also understood why they didn't tell her- partly.

The worst thing about the situation was, she had found out from a stranger, rather than her parents. She began wondering how the man even knew that she was adopted, and who she was for that matter.

All she knew about him, was that whoever he was, her gut was telling her that he meant her no harm and to trust him. She couldn't find it in her to be scared of him, or even annoyed that he had been watching her and Ali.

These thoughts ricocheted around her head as she walked into her wardrobe, grabbing a pair of sleepwear and got changed. She walked into the bathroom, brushed her teeth and washed her face, before returning into her room and climbing into bed.

Andy made sure her phone was on charge and on her bedside table ready for the next day before she wrapped herself in her fluffy grey blankets.

Only moments later, she fell into a deep sleep, dreaming about the mysterious man who seemed to know more about her than she did.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alexandra woke up the next day at 10.26am. She blinked, trying to rid herself of the sleep left lingering in her eyes.

After a few moments of laying in her comfortable bed, she dragged herself into her wardrobe, grabbed a fresh pair of clothes for the day and walked into her bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, she walked back into her room, having had brushed her teeth, washed her face, showered, and gotten changed. She hadn't bothered straightening or curling her hair today, as she wasn't planning on leaving her room.

Her only plan for the day was to sit in her room, watch Netflix, eat Benn & Jerry's ice cream, and occasionally go check on her sisters in their room.

She didn't want to see or talk to either of her parents until she wrapped her head around the whole being adopted and being lied to thing.

Neither Lia nor Daph knew the truth, and Alexandra knew she would tell them eventually, as they deserved to know as well, although she didn't think she could just yet. She would tell them when she's ready to.

Andy walked downstairs, not bumping into either of her adoptive parents, as her mum was at work and her dad was in the garden. She walked over to the freezer, grabbed a brownie pieces Ben & Jerry's tub and a spoon and made her way back to her room.

She curled up on her bed, switching her TV on, and going onto Netflix. She reached over, turned off the lights and searched for a film, eventually settling on 'Red Notice.'

Once the film had finished, she was just searching for another, when both of her sisters came running into her room, jumping onto her bed, bouncing around.

"Hey girls," she chuckled slightly. "Wanna join me?"

She laughed as they nodded in excitement and moved into the centre of the bed, making room for them to sit either side of them.

"Can we watch Percy Jackson?" Lia asked hopefully, Daph nodding along in agreement.

"'Course we can," the eldest of the three said. She offered the younger girls some ice cream, and the three of them spent the next few hours watching films and eating ice cream.

Every time they finished a tub of ice cream, one of them went down to fetch either another, or some other treat, such as cookies, or Cadbury's chocolate bars.

Hours later, Alexandra finally noticed that it had started getting dark outside. She glanced at her phone and saw that it was already 7.30pm.

"Girls, it's already half seven. Why don't you go downstairs for dinner, as it should been done in a few minutes." She told her sisters, adjusting herself a bit, as they had been laid on her arms for the last hour or so, and they had started feeling numb.

"Okay!" Lia said happily, standing up.

"Are you coming too, Andy?" Daph asked her.

"No, not tonight. I'm already full up from all these treats. You two go on without me," she said, not telling them about not wanting to see their parents at the moment.

Alexandra watched as the two young girls left her room. She was quickly growing tired. Who knew watching films and eating all day was so tiring?

She went to get changed into her sleepwear before laying back on her bed, grabbing her phone. She flicked though Instagram for a while, then through Tik Tok. Eventually she got bored of both and began playing games instead.

After a while, she felt her eyes growing heavy, so she placed her phone back on her bedside, before closing her eyes and letting the darkness take over.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Klaus was worried about his sister. He had returned to Beacon Hills earlier than normal this morning, to check on Alexandra, but he hadn't seen her anywhere.

He looked around the whole town and had eventually resorted to standing outside her house, to see if she would come out soon. He looked through an upstairs window and saw a room with no lights on, except the light coming from a TV or some sort of screen.

He carried on watching and eventually saw his sister stand up and walk past said window, disappearing for a few moments before returning.

He guessed she had probably wanted to be alone for a while after discovering that she was adopted. He didn't blame her for it honestly, he only wished he could be there to comfort her.

However, Klaus knew that she would come looking for him again. Whether it was to get more answers or argue with him about how he knows her, he knew that she would want to talk to him again. He could feel it- in the supernatural sense.

Deciding that she probably wouldn't leave her house and would be safe, the hybrid left and returned to Mystic Falls. He spent the rest of the day walking between the kitchen and the room where his daggered siblings were.

Despite what his family thought of him, Klaus only ever did what he did to protect them, and to keep them close to him. He cared deeply for them all, even if they thought he hated them. He would never give them the satisfaction of admitting what he actually thought about each of them though. He found it easier for them to believe that he didn't care about them at all, rather than them know how much they actually meant to them, that he would do anything to keep them all safe. He saw it as a weakness- having people know you care, and Klaus never wanted to be viewed as weak.

'Some day soon, brothers and sisters. We will all be together again soon, just be patient." He spoke to the coffins, sadly. Although he would never admit it, he missed them all deeply. Even boring old Finn. He couldn't wait to be properly reunited with his youngest sister, not only because he had missed her so much, but because he believed the rest of the siblings would forgive him for all his past mistakes, for their sisters sake.

He didn't realise just how soon they would all be together again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 6.9K 22
We all know the story of the original family , the Mikaelsons . Mikeal , Esther , Elijah , Niklaus , Finn, Kol , Rebekah and Henrick . But you're for...
179K 7K 13
In which Rebekah Mikaelson is sent back in time to save her family as her dying wish. Rebekah Mikaelson was dying. She was alone and dying. The only...
84 0 5
Alex halliwell takes a trip to New Orleans when she discovers the original family one caught her eye the nicklaus mikaelson they had a lot in common...
125K 2.9K 33
* This is part 2 to " The Story of the Other Original Petrova " ( Please read it before reading this one ) * Nikolina Petrova-Mikaelson is part of t...