Love and Deepwater • A Rafaye...

By xjinminisrealx

Rafayel's has been all alone waiting for Enoria to comeback to him after her bride decided to sacrifice herse... More

Disclaimer
Season one
God of The Seas
Rafayel Legacy
Meeting someone Special
Goodbye
Muscle pulls
Heart Scale
Banquet flattery
Cheese in The Trap
Under the moon we meet
I missed you
Heartbeats
The Lemurian Games
To save them all
Hidden in plain sight
Storyteller
The First
Truths
Strawberries
Playing with fire
Slowly reaching out to you
Fleeting moments
Facing reality
Tides of longing
The final breath
Hug of the Sea
Season two
Return to Lemuria
End of the World

Coral stone

184 13 1
By xjinminisrealx

After the talk with Lukian, Rafayel got used to having someone who knew all about him. Everything was a lot easier, now that he didn't have to hide. When it was just Lukian and him, Rafayel no longer needed to conceal his true self. He disappeared and appeared when he pleased, talked about his life with someone he could trust,  his worries, insecurities, fears, or even about the matters of the heart; his non-existent but pining for Enoria, not-love life.

But these days, he felt a lot lighter, and more comfortable with his body, now that he didn't have to pretend to the older merman and could focus on having fun when saving Lemurian, feeling like playing a game of mouse and cats against the Humans who were tirelessly searching for him. The thrill of outwitting them, the adrenaline coursing through his veins when liberating his kin, seemed to add purpose to his existence.

Another pressing matter, as for the past few weeks, he had been struggling to make sense of the emotions he felt towards Enoria.
It was as if there were intense feelings residing in a small space, weighing heavily on his chest. Adding to his confusion, was the fact that Enoria's bond with him only registered colors of purple, which signified trust, and blue, which typically indicated worry, and sometimes black, indicating sadness. The warm hues of pink and red that typically meant deeper feelings, such as love and affection, were missing, leaving Rafayel unsure of how to proceed, grappled with this emotional puzzle, like a novice trying to understand ancient runes.

He, who didn't have any experience with love and women, was clueless about what to do to turn the bond all warm and fluffy.

In Lemuria, he just had to exist and

Despite this, he couldn't shake off the intensity of his emotions, growing each day, but he felt lost and uncertain about how to proceed. To feel lighter about this issue, he talked one night about his worries with Lukian, feeling a little bit vulnerable. He longed for clarity, for a path forward so he wanted to talk to the merman who knew him better than anyone else.

'Hey Lukian' He called, timidly. The merman knew that something sensible would be said, looking at the blush and the tone used to call his name, almost childlike and shy. Rafayel was really like an overgrown child, eager to grow up but afraid of doing so. "I—I need to talk."

'Hm?' The merman hummed, opening an eye, wise and patient, but still swimming around his tank, relaxed.

The silence stretched and Lukian smiled, knowingly.

'Yes, your Grace?' He asked, opening both of his eyes and swimming closer. 'Do you need assistance with something?'

Rafayel hesitated, then blurted out the question that weighed heavily on his heart.

'How to I make someone fall in love with me?' He asked, his voice small.

The silence hung between them, the water still as if holding its breath. Lukian's smile softened, and he leaned closer. 'Ah, love,' he mused. 'A delicate topic, my dear prince. It requires more than mere words or potions, It doesn't happen fast nor without effort or patience'

Rafayel's chest tightened.

'But how?' he pressed. 'Enoria... I feel something for her, something beyond friendship. Yet, our bond lacks the warmth of love.'

Lukian's eyes crinkled at the corners. 'Love,' he said, 'is like sunlight filtering through the ocean depths. It cannot be forced or hurried. It blooms when hearts align when vulnerability meets trust... To make someone fall in love,' Lukian whispered, 'be true to yourself. Show kindness, listen, and share your fears. Dive into the depths of their soul, and perhaps, just perhaps, love will find you.'

Lukian smiled kindly.

'When I was young and In love, I did present a coral stone to my beloved... as you know, they are used to make yourself clear of your intentions, of your love to your beloved' He advised, humming. 'If the person accepts it, they would be considered your bride to-be in Lemuria and well, in front of the God of the Sea'

Rafayel knew it well; In Lemuria, where the sea meets the sky, there exists a tradition as old as the tides. When a suitor wished to declare his love, he selected a coral stone, a precious gem washed ashore by the waves. This stone, imbued with the essence of the sea, becomes a silent messenger of the heart. Rafayel was aware of the rarity of these jewels: a precious artifact that could only be found deep within the corals of the kingdom or washed ashore. These stones were considered to be sacred to the Lemurians, who treasured them as one of their main treasures, as it was believed to hold great power and was said to be blessed by the Ocean itself.

It was regarded as a symbol of deep significance in the culture and history of Lemuria and was sought by many who wanted to express their love or court a beloved, to mate or propose marriage, by human standards.

Lukian eyes twinkled. 'The act is both sacred and profound. If she accepts the stone, it signifies her willingness to be bound to you, at least, in the realm of Lemuria. She becomes your bride-to-be, and the God of the Sea himself bears witness to your union. But beware, my prince, for the coral stone also carries a warning: if she rejects it, the sea shall reclaim it, and your love shall remain unfulfilled.'

He knew that the journey to find a Coral Stone was not an easy one, as it required immense patience, resilience, and a deep understanding of the underwater world. Luckily for him, he knew where a lot of them were placed and secured, hidden in the deep sea.

Rafayel hummed and prepared to sleep, listening to Lukian legends of legendary love stories, coral stones, and his old, not fulfilled love story, separated when he was captured.

One night, after saving one Lemurian, he dived into the water and teleported, sneakily, into the palace. He appeared directly inside the Royal Vault, as he had seen it lots of times as a child.

The guards on the other side of the door of the vault wouldn't have heard him. This place was a heavily secret abode, where the Royal Family kept their most prized treasures. The wards, too, had yielded to his silent plea, as they recognized him as kin, a Lemurian born of royal blood.

He wandered around, looking amazed at all the many shiny things sheltered inside.

The chamber was wide, with many openings that allowed a Lemuria, tail or without it, space enough to move freely, and entrance to other rooms filled with riches and rare treasures.

There were chests upon chests filled with gold coins, mostly acquired from trading with Humans for hundreds of years, gemstones, and artifacts crafted in ancient times.

There were also statues and busts of the Royal family, standing proudly on marble pedestals. His sisters were immortalized in alabaster. His mother, the Queen, her eyes eternally watchful. And the King, stern and regal, his likeness carved from the heart of a coral reef.

In another room, exposed to the walls, murals, and paintings done by Lemurian well-known artists and Rafayel's artworks as well, his brush captured the play of light on scales, the dance of seaweed in the currents, or multiple views of the sea.

The final chamber guarded the entire collection of jewelry of the Royal Family. The walls in that room were sturdier and stronger than the walls of the whole palace, prepared to endure the worst of the Sea.

As a land of artisans, the jewelry of Lemuria was one of the most exquisite and unique, the designs alone were worth admiring. It consisted of many types of bracelets, rings, necklaces, hairpins, pendants, and other types of accessories. The most special and what Rafayel was searching for, were jewels made of coral stones: lying in a velvet-lined case.

Unfortunately, Rafayel didn't have time to dive into the deep sea to search for the almost impossible to find precious stones. The reason was that he had a mission to accomplish that needed a lot of his time. Maybe in the future, when he managed to put Enoria into safety, his Godly status would be acknowledged by their people and maybe, if he had decided to finally mate her, he would search for it.

We would find the most beautiful stone.

As for now, he eyed their family collection of them. Well, the one that caught his attention.

It was a coral stone hair ornament, a beautiful white pearl coral stone, the size and shape of the stone itself were unique, as it is a circular shape, with the design being a flower-shaped pendant. The coral stone was set in a white gold band and embellished with diamonds and tiny pearls. If Rafayel remembered, it was once used by one of his sisters, at a wedding. He carefully took it in his hand and found that it wasn't heavy, it even had some silver clips to hold into the hair well.

He put it in one of his pockets and returned to the main chamber, where a single of his paintings was half hidden by a bigger one. He remembered that one, as it was of the night sky, in the back lay the multiple lights of Phitia, the city of the Southern Shore. He remembered that night because it was his first one outside of the palace, the day that he met Enoria. He put it under his arm, creating a layer of water to protect it when he used his fire to teleport to Lukian's room.

He couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness creeping over him as he was home but was not able to see the Queen. In the blink of an eye, he began to dissolve into hundreds of tiny, flickering flames, each one dancing and flickering in its unique way. The sight was still beautiful and unsettling, and as he continued to disintegrate into nothingness.

Lukian was asleep when he reappeared from the void. So Rafayel decided to hide the painting behind a wardrobe that lay against the wall and returned to his so-called bed, the bath-sized tank full of water. Hi called for his tail, sighed when it touched the water, and closed his eyes, letting himself float and be lulled to sleep.

Despite being in enemy territory, he was gradually finding it easier and easier to fall asleep. Perhaps being a higher being gave him a sense of safety and invincibility, making him feel superior to all those around him. It was as if he possessed a natural aura of confidence, like that of a shark that slept soundly, knowing that it was a predator and not prey.

He remembered the legend: 'Present it to your beloved,' Lukian had said. 'Let the stone speak of your intentions.'

Caressing the coral stone, he closed his eyes and slept soundly until daylight decided to rise to the sky.

______

And so, dear reader, if you ever chance upon a coral stone, worn smooth by the tides,
remember Enoria and Rafayel.
For in Lemuria's whispered currents, love remains eternal, and the sea guards its secrets well.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.4K 16
A boy that get killed by his own father get reincarnated in the manhwa who made me a princess as an unknown character, only for him to be abandoned...
131K 4.8K 48
'Pointless' That is how the protagonist saw everything. It all started with an accident, but it is pointless to explain it here. His life ends, then...
8.7K 641 9
⪼Beaten up and betrayed, {Y/N} dies an unfair death because of their backstabbing best friend. ≫Realizing they have been reincarnated, {Y/N} searches...
411 4 35
I fell in love with a man I have never met. He doesn't even know that I exist. How is that possible to inherit an obsession with a man I can never ha...