FATED TO BE YOURS

By AhnzuDeLeon

AU story of Sam and Mon who were destined to be together, can they prove that the promise of 'til death do us... More

Chapter 1: A Big Surprise
Chapter 3: Overly Protected
Chapter 4: Mom's Forever Baby
Chapter 5: The Suitor
Chapter 6: Reconciliation
Chapter 7: Beautiful Stranger
Chapter 8: The Unforunate Events
Chapter 9: Shattered Pieces
Chapter 10: Father's Girl
Chapter 11: Coping Up
Chapter 12: Six Months Later
Chapter 13: Serendipity
Chapter 14: Destined Strangers
Chapter 15: For a New Beginning
Chapter 16: Blossoming Sparks
Chapter 17: She is Mine
Chapter 18: The Woman in the Photo
Chapter 19: My Princess
Chapter 20: Love is Not a Priority
Chapter 21: Is She Real?
Chapter 22: Whispers of Envy
Chapter 23: Growing Reservation
Chapter 24: Distrust and Loyalty
Chapter 25: Foe or Friend
Chapter 26: Remorseful Heart
Chapter 27: Doubt, Fear and Forgiveness
Chapter 28: First Month
Chapter 29: Echoes of the Dream
Chapter 30: Clutch of Love
Chapter 31: Navigating Obedience's Depths
Chapter 32: Ghost from the Past
Chapter 33: Shattered Trust
Chapter 34: Embrace of Solace
Chapter 35: Yearning for Redemption
Chapter 36: Nightmare's Grip
Chapter 37: Under the Influence
Chapter 38: Serendipitous Encounter
Chapter 39: Paths to Reunion
Chapter 40: Awaiting the Perfect Moment
Chapter 41: A Birthday to Remember
Chapter 42: Deception's Crash
Chapter 43: Love's Dark Descent
Chapter 44: Broken Blueprint
Chapter 45: Inferno of Fury
Chapter 46: Dawn's Delight
Chapter 47: Winning Dad's Heart
Chapter 48: Grateful Bonds
Chapter 49: Creeping Shadows
Chapter 50: Veiled Secrets
Chapter 51: Fragile Horizon
Chapter 52: Eternal Promise
Chapter 53: The Unfinished Business
Chapter 54: Shattered Realities
Chapter 55: Uncertainties
Chapter 56: The Dawn of Dread
Chapter 57: Lost Connection
Chapter 58: The Weight of Remorse
Chapter 59: Rage of the Truth
Chapter 60: The Promise
Chapter 61: Whispers of the Subconscious
Chapter 62: In the Storm's Embrace
Chapter 63: Fulfilling Wishes
Chapter 64: Granting Serenity
Chapter 65: One Last Time
Chapter 66: Time's Farewell
Chapter 67: Alone in Solitude
Chapter 68: Always by Your Side
Final Chapter: I Will Always Be, Where You Are
Special Part: Until Forever

Chapter 2: A Wounded Heart

827 32 1
By AhnzuDeLeon

As Nop's car pulled away, the headlights of another car illuminated. A young, sophisticated lady approached the car parked next to Nop's, clearly annoyed by the loud noise from Nop's engine.

Nop, aware of the disturbance he caused, lowered his window and offered an apologetic smile to the irritated lady. "Sorry about that," he said, his voice carrying over the lingering engine sounds as he continued to accelerate away.

I sighed in disappointment as I got into my car, preparing to head home. The encounter with the arrogant driver in the parking lot still lingered in my mind, adding to my frustration.

As I drove home, my phone rang, and I saw it was Kade, one of my best friends. I answered the phone, my voice tinged with irritation, which Kade immediately noticed.

"What's with the tone, Sam?" Kade asked, sounding concerned.

I sighed again, feeling the need to vent. "Aside from that arrogant driver I encountered earlier, I'm just so annoyed with my Grandma lately. She keeps treating me like a little kid," I explained to Kade, hoping for some understanding.

Kade replied sympathetically, "I think your grandma is just worried about you, Sam."

Sam nodded, acknowledging Kade's point. "I know, but sometimes it's just frustrating when she's checking every little detail of what I'm doing," she admitted.

As Sam was talking to Kade, her other phone rang, displaying her grandma's name. Sam sighed, indicating she needed to take the call. "Sorry, Kade, I'll call you back in a bit. Grandma's calling," she said, preparing to end the conversation.

"Sure thing. Take care, Sam. Talk to you later," Kade replied before bidding Sam goodbye.

Sam switched over to answer her grandma's call, and her grandma immediately asked where she was and reminded her about their plans for a visit.

"Where are you, Sam? It's getting late," Grandma's concerned voice came through the line.

"I'm on my way to your house now," I replied, glancing at the time on my car's dashboard.

"You should have left the office earlier, Sam," Grandma scolded gently.

"I know, Grandma, but I had some work to finish before I could leave," I explained, feeling a pang of guilt.

"Don't overwork yourself, dear. It's not good for you to be stressed out," Grandma advised, her tone filled with worry.

"I understand, Grandma, but you know how it is with work," I replied, trying to reassure her.

"I'd rather you be healthy and happy than overstressed for work, Sam," Grandma insisted, her concern evident in her voice.

"I'll be careful, Grandma. I'll be there soon," I promised, feeling touched by her concern.

"Alright, dear. Drive safely, and I'll be waiting for you," Grandma said, her voice softening with affection.

I ended the call with Grandma and continued on my way to her house. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by Grandma's household helpers, who ushered me inside. They guided me to the dining room, where dinner was already served and waiting for me.

As I entered the dining room, I was greeted by a spread of colorful and healthy dishes meticulously prepared by Grandma's household helpers. The table was adorned with vibrant salads, grilled vegetables, and lean proteins, all carefully selected to accommodate my heart condition.

Despite the sumptuous dinner laid out before me, I couldn't shake off the feeling of being treated as fragile because of my health condition. While I appreciated the effort and consideration, it also reminded me of the limitations imposed on me because of my heart problem. It was a constant reminder that I had to be careful and mindful of what I ate, and sometimes, it felt suffocating to be constantly reminded of my condition.

With a heavy heart, I sat at the dining table, absentmindedly playing with the fork in my hand as my thoughts swirled with frustration and unease. I was lost in my own world until Grandma's gentle voice interrupted my reverie.

Grandma's question jolted me out of my thoughts, and I froze, feeling like a child once again under her watchful gaze. Her words brought me back to my childhood, where Grandma always reminded me of the foods I needed to avoid due to my heart condition.

"Sam, why aren't you eating?" Grandma's concerned voice pulled me back to the present moment.

"I'm just not very hungry, Grandma," I replied, trying to hide my discomfort.

Grandma's brow furrowed with worry. "You need to take care of yourself, dear. Remember, your heart condition requires you to be mindful of what you eat."

I sighed, feeling a mixture of gratitude for Grandma's concern and frustration at being constantly reminded of my limitations. "I know, Grandma. I'll be more careful."

As I fel GrandMa's hand on my shoulder, I was transported back to the present as I heard GrandMa's concerned reminder, "I just want you to be healthy, dear. Your well-being is the most important thing to me."

Grandma continued to share her concern, emphasizing the incident from my childhood when she almost lost me. Feeling defensive, I retorted, "I'm not a kid anymore, Grandma. I know what I should and shouldn't do."

Grandma's expression shifted, and she scolded me gently, "If you don't want to be reminded, if you don't want me to be concerned, just say so, dear." The room fell into a momentary silence, the weight of Grandma's worry lingering in the air.

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I recall that fateful day in the park. The sun was shining brightly, casting a warm glow on the vibrant greenery around us. Laughter echoed through the air as my friends and I enjoyed a carefree afternoon. Little did I know that the tranquility of that moment would soon be shattered.

Suddenly, a sharp pain seized my chest, radiating down my left arm. Panic set in as I struggled to catch my breath, a heavy weight pressing on my chest. I stumbled, my legs giving way beneath me. My friends' joyful laughter turned to worried exclamations as they gathered around, their faces a blur of concern.

"Sam, are you okay?" Kade asked, her eyes widening with fear. "GrandMa!" exclaimed Kade.

I could barely muster a response, each breath feeling like a Herculean effort. GrandMa, sensing the urgency, rushed over, her eyes widening in alarm as she took in the scene.

"Someone call an ambulance!" she shouted, her voice cutting through the chaos.

Time seemed to stretch as I lay on the grass, the world around me a hazy blur. GrandMa's face hovered above mine, a mix of fear and determination etched on her wrinkled features. The distant wail of sirens grew louder, but I couldn't shake the feeling that my time was slipping away.

In the ambulance, the paramedics worked frantically to stabilize me. My vision blurred, and I clung to consciousness with all the strength I could muster. GrandMa held my hand, her grip tight and reassuring.

"Stay with me, Sam. You're going to make it through this," she whispered, her voice a lifeline in the tumultuous sea of uncertainty.

The hospital rushed into view, a beacon of hope on the horizon. As they wheeled me into the emergency room, I could feel the gravity of the situation pressing down on me. The beeping of machines and the hurried footsteps of medical personnel created a dissonant symphony, punctuated by the sharp intakes of breath from those around me.

The doctors worked tirelessly, battling against time to save me. GrandMa stood by my side, a silent pillar of strength. As the darkness threatened to consume me, I fought to stay conscious, to cling to life.

I opened my eyes, the memory of that harrowing day still fresh in my mind. GrandMa sat across from me, quietly enjoying her dinner. Her gentle smile softened the lines of worry etched on her face, and I couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude towards her.

Joining her at the table, I took a deep breath, letting the weight of the past fade into the background. GrandMa glanced up, her eyes meeting mine with an unspoken understanding. We shared a moment of silent communion, the bond between us unbreakable despite the passage of time.

As we ate together, the comforting clink of cutlery against plates filled the air. Conversation flowed easily between us, a blend of shared memories and cherished moments. GrandMa's presence was a soothing balm to my soul, a reminder of the love and support that had carried me through my darkest days.

As I looked at her, a sense of peace settled over me. Despite the trials we had faced, we had emerged stronger together. And as we sat there, enjoying each other's company, I knew that no matter what life threw our way, we would face it with unwavering resolve and boundless love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.9K 2.9K 25
two enemies trapped in a forced marriage are they really forced or are they willing " But I asked daddy and he said they did not force you, in fact...
380K 5.7K 53
Long after Sam first came to Mon's rescue when they were kids, Sam is unambiguously Mon's idol. In order to be near her, Mon gets a job working under...
53.6K 1.5K 22
A FreenBecky story
40.4K 997 23
She was forced to choose between her girlfriend and a stranger, as a result of which she chose a stranger because her lover begged to let her die...