Tales Of The Heart

Por overdosedoncoffee

This is a tale of two lovebirds. Kevin Dawson, an antisocial guy who's 20 years old and a beautiful 18 years... Más

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NOTICE

Chapter 7

57 9 0
Por overdosedoncoffee

Huh, finally found it so this is her house.
I can't believe I am finally going on a date with her, but why are my legs shaking? Am I really getting nervous for the first time in my life?
Even those stupid exams couldn't make me sweat like this but this is Amber, just the thought of her can make me tremble.

My fingers were trembling to press the doorbell. After a few seconds of deep breaths I mustered up the courage. "Alright, here goes nothing", I thought to myself as I finally rang it.
I started to suspect Sasha might have given me the wrong address as I waited outside the door for a while without any response. The silence was deafening, and there's not even a hint of anyone's presence. I began to wonder if maybe Sasha did give me the wrong address, or if I've somehow gotten it mixed up in my head. Still, there weren't many houses in this area anyway, so maybe I should go ask someone else nearby.

As I was just about to leave, I heard a sound and the door suddenly opened. My heart began pounding as I caught a glance of Amber, her bright face frozen in surprise. The moment felt suspended, as if time has slowed to a standstill. We stood there as stone, locked in a gaze, neither of us willing to break the connection; all I could think about was how beautiful she looked.

"Sorry! I kept you waiting", she said in a low, faint voice

"No worries, I just got here."

She stood there for a moment, our eyes meeting and exchanging glances. Her eyes looked at me curiously then turned away quickly. She said nothing for a few seconds, as a hint of nervousness played on her face.

As the awkwardness between us grew, I tried to think of something to say, but my mind seemed stuck. I finally handed her the bouquet of flowers I was holding behind my back.

She took them gently and said, "White tulips? How do you know I like them?"

"Well I didn't know you like white tulips" I swallowed my nerves and said, "They just reminded me of you, like you're just as pretty as them."

Her eyes looked down as she blushed

"Let's go, we're getting late for the movie."

I quickly opened the car door for her. "after you."

She gave a little smile as she entered the car. I sat down and saw her eyes looking down at the ground.
Hmm she's a little nervous too. This was making things interesting. I thought to do something fun
I moved closer to her. I could see she was breathing heavily. I brought my hand closer to her neck. She looked away towards the window while I grabbed her.....seat belt and said, "let me fix this for you."
It felt like she was intimidated by our closeness. As I was adjusting the seat belt, she looked at me. I glanced at her and she blushed and moved her head again with a cute little smile spreading over her face. It's like she was shy but also happy to be close to me.

We finally arrived at the movie theatre and during the whole ride Amber was silent but she was holding the bouquet of tulips and smelling them while also staring at me at times. I could tell she was holding back but there were moments when I caught her glancing at me out of the corner of my eye.

"Alright we're here", I said as we got out of the car. I offered my hand to help her out.
She looked at my forearms for a second then she quickly took it.
And I couldn't believe it, we held hands together for the first time. It was like a dream come true.

Suddenly she spoke in confusion,"Wait, don't we have to buy tickets first?"

"Nahh I already booked tickets online, the night I asked you for a date. Can you see the two seats in the left corner of the last row? Those are ours."

Amber nodded her head as If she was impressed. Everything was going according to my plan.
The movie started and we both settled in our seats.

As she was watching the movie, all I could do was stare at her. Her hair, her eyes, her lips, her jawline, her neck..... everything seemed like a work of art. The entire time, I couldn't take my eyes off her- she was simply out of this world.

Suddenly the lights turned on, marking the beginning of the interval. I hadn't even noticed that the time had flown by.

"Wait a second... I'll be right back", I said standing up quickly as I rushed to get some popcorn and drinks.

I got back to her as soon as I could.
"Here....for you"

"Aww thanks! That's sweet."

She smiled with a sense of appreciation

"Here sit down quickly the movie is about to resume."

She was gradually becoming comfortable with me. I guess she's enjoying the movie.

All of a sudden our fingers touched as both of us reached into the bucket to take popcorn. I couldn't help but smirk, aware that I had intentionally put both of our popcorns in the same bucket to make this happen. It seemed like she was holding back her laugh and was blushing slightly, so I knew she understood what I was doing and was clearly enjoying it too.

The movie was coming to an end and the scenes were getting emotional. She slightly put her head over my shoulder. Holy shit! Did she really do that?
The movie ended with a heartbreak. Still Amber didn't move her head for a while. When I moved my face closer to check her, she immediately lifted her head like she was unaware that the whole time her head was leaned on my shoulder. I couldn't say if it was intentional but it felt superb. I noticed she had tears on her eyes.

"Here, take this", I said while offering her my handerchief.

"Thanks"

"Are you good?"

"Hmmm"

"Ok then I think we should head out, the theatre is already empty."

"As you say", she said with a smirk on her face.

As we got out of there she asked, "Where are we going?"

"There's a cafe right here. I'm sure you will love it."

I walked ahead of her to hold the door for her. We entered the cafe as I placed my other hand lightly on her back. She had a grin on her face, indicating she's aware of what I am doing.

"Shit it's full, not a single seat left for us", she said with a frown as she looked around the crowded cafe.

"Don't worry I got this", I said, nodding to one of the waiters. As we stepped over the waiter guided us to a booth that was reserved just for us.

Amber's face lit up with surprise as she realised. "You reserved a seat for us? She said excitedly. "That's so sweet of you."

"It's fine, choose what'd you like to have"

The waiter took our orders and came back with the meals a few minutes later. She was eating slowly while my eyes were just on her. I folded my hand on the table and propped my head on it, gaze fixed on her.

Her ankle was pressed against mine. She pretended to make it seem accidental but I understood she was playing with me.

As we ate, I put one end of the spaghetti in my mouth while I asked her to do the same. We began moving closer to eachother, bringing our lips just an inch from one another. I closed my eyes, expecting a kiss and suddenly she pulled away blushing furiously. Her face turned completely red.

We almost made it but we came this far was quite a progress.

I smirked as she asked, "Did you intentionally ordered spaghetti to do this with me?"

"What if I say yes?"

"I can't believe you're such a trickster."

"Speaking of hypocrisy, who was touching my my feet with hers."

"Oh that happened by mistake."

"Really? Are you sure a mistake happens a couple of times?"

Her cheeks were still red. As she looked down, she tried to hold back her laugh but couldn't stop herself.

"Okay let's talk about something else, did you like the movie?"

"Don't know about the movie but I sure like you"

She chuckled and asked, "Did you even watch the film?"

"I was too busy looking at you."

"Okay stop I can't do this anymore", she cried.
"So do you play any sports or play any instrument?"

"Well I started playing guitar when I was 10. As for sports I can play tennis, football, badminton and cricket. I like chess aswell."

"Woahh! Thats impressive. The fact that Sasha told me you're good in academics and now I hear you're also good in sports is really noice. By the way what are you doing now as of your career?"

"Right now I'm doing an internship for neurosurgery. What are your goals?"

"Well I want to be a model but my dad opposes it."

"Do what your heart tells you."

"Will see...ohh it's getting late I've to reach home before my father comes back home."

"Wait, let me go to the restroom then I'll drop you home."

I came back after some time and saw she was waiting for me.

"Let's go", I said with a smile as we headed to the car.

We were both laughing and talking, the evening having been such a great success. But suddenly she halted for a moment and asked, " wait a minute, we didn't pay the bill, how come they let us go? I should go and pay it."

"Ah, Don't worry I already took care of it."

"When did you do that?", she asked surprisingly

"When I went for the restroom."

"But why?? Okay next time I'll surely pay."

"It's fine, you give me your time and I'll be the one for money."

She smiled softly, " That's sweet of you but I want to pay too."

"Let's cut it out, we've to reach your home before your dad arrives as you said, right?"

"Oh yeah I forgot, it's about time. Please drop me quickly"

We finally arrived at her house. The area looked gloomy and menacing, but she insisted that she was safe here.

"Well my father hasn't arrived yet, I'm still safe." She laughed softly, smiling as she leaned her head onto my shoulder.

"So I guess it's time to say goodbye for today."

She giggled softly her breath warming my neck and whispered in my ear, "Goodnight Kevin Dawson and thank you for everything tonight." She wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly for one last time before I let her go.

A gentle breeze whipped around us, and she ran back inside her house, laughing to herself.

.................................................

please be sure to vote, comment and add this story to your reading list. Meet you guyz in the next chapter!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

520 17 29
At age twenty-three Skylar moves back into her childhood home hoping to reconnect herself with who she really was before her life got worse. Only to...
412K 12.5K 34
"𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒐." ______ OLD VERSION-REMAKE BEGINS AFTER INSATIABLE I...
3K 244 80
With Grayson's sudden absence from her life, Mia tries her hardest to carry on as normal; to continue as though she had never met the man who turned...
872 194 30
Amber Brown Miller is a girl with Neurofibromatosis, an incurable disease. Her life has been nothing but tragic. It takes a different turn when she...