โœฉJUSTICE in TWISTEDโœฉ {TWST x...

By c3Lest_-

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ป, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ..." ๐’€/๐’ ๐‘ญ๐’๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’๐’“, ๐’‚๐’๐’”๏ฟฝ... More

โœฉโ–†โ–…โ–ƒโ–‚๐ผ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“‡๐‘œ๐’น๐“Š๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ โ–‚โ–ƒโ–…โ–†โœฉ
๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐•–๐•ฃ'๐•ค ๐•Ž๐•’๐•œ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ (1)
๐”ธ โ„‚๐•–๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ž๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ช & โ„๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•œ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ (2)
โ„๐•–๐•”๐• ๐•๐•๐•–๐•”๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ ๐”น๐•๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•œ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ & โ„™๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ก๐•๐•–๐•ฉ โ„™๐•ฆ๐•ซ๐•ซ๐•๐•– (3)
๐•„๐• ๐•ง๐•–-๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•˜๐•˜๐•๐•– & โ„™๐•ฃ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•š๐•ก๐•’๐•'๐•ค โ„๐•ฆ๐•๐•– (4)
๐”ฝ๐•š๐•ฃ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐•Š๐•”๐•™๐• ๐• ๐• ๐”ป๐•’๐•ช & ๐”ธ ๐”ฝ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ค๐•™๐•ž๐•’๐•Ÿ (5)
๐•„๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•ฆ๐•’๐• ๐”ธ๐•˜๐•˜๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ (6)
๐•†๐•จ๐•Ÿ ๐•€๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ค & ๐•๐• ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•• ๐•‹๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•“๐•๐•– (7)
๐”ป๐•จ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•—๐•ค' ๐•„๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•– & ๐”ฝ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•š๐•” ๐”ป๐•’๐•ค๐•™๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ (8)
๐”ผ๐•˜๐• ๐•ค โ„‚๐•๐•’๐•ค๐•™๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ (9)
๐”ธ ๐•Œ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•–๐•• ๐”ฝ๐•ฃ๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ & ๐”ผ๐•Ÿ๐••๐•๐•–๐•ค๐•ค โ„๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ (10)
๐•ƒ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค๐• ๐•Ÿ ๐•ƒ๐•–๐•’๐•ฃ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•• & โ„™๐•ฃ๐• ๐•๐• ๐•˜๐•ฆ๐•– ๐”ฝ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•๐•– (11)
๐”ป๐•–๐•ค๐•ก๐•–๐•ฃ๐•’๐•ฅ๐•– โ„๐•–๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ & ๐•‹๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ ๐•€๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•š๐••๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐Ÿฅ€
๐”พ๐•™๐• ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•ค' ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ค๐•– & ๐”พ๐•’๐•ฃ๐••๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐”ป๐•–๐•”๐• ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ๐Ÿฅ€
๐”ฝ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•Š๐•”๐•™๐• ๐• ๐• โ„‚๐• ๐•ž๐•ก๐•๐•š๐•”๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ค๐Ÿฅ€
๐•Š๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ๐•’๐• ๐”ป๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•ค & ๐•„๐•–๐•’๐•๐•ฅ๐•š๐•ž๐•– โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ๐Ÿฅ€
๐”ผ๐•ฃ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐••๐•ค & ๐•Œ๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–๐•ค๐•š๐•ฃ๐•–๐•• ๐•€๐•ค๐•ค๐•ฆ๐•–๐•ค๐Ÿฅ€
โ„™๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐•€๐•ž๐•ก๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•š๐•–๐•ฅ๐•š๐•–๐•ค & ๐”ป๐•–๐•๐•š๐•”๐•š๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐•๐•’๐•ฃ๐•š๐•–๐•ฅ๐•š๐•–๐•ค๐Ÿฅ€
๐”ธ๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•ช ๐• ๐•— ๐•†๐•Ÿ๐•– & โ„๐•’๐•ฃ๐•• ๐•Ž๐• ๐•ฃ๐•œ ๐•Œ๐•Ÿ๐••๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐Ÿฅ€
โ„๐•ฆ๐•๐•– ๐•Š๐•๐•š๐•ก & ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ค๐•– ๐•‹๐•š๐•ก๐Ÿฅ€
๐•‹๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•™ โ„๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•’๐•๐•–๐•• & ๐”ป๐•ฆ๐•–๐• ๐”ป๐•–๐•“๐•’๐•ฅ๐•–๐Ÿฅ€
โ„‚๐•’๐•๐•’๐•ž๐•š๐•ฅ๐•ช ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•”๐•œ๐Ÿฅ€
๐•Š๐•’๐•• โ„‚๐•™๐•š๐•๐•• & ๐•‹๐•™๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐•ค โ„๐•–๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•š๐•๐•–๐••๐Ÿฅ€
โ„๐•–๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•ค๐•๐•’๐•“๐•ช๐•ฆ๐• โ„‚๐• ๐•ž๐•ก๐•๐•–๐•ฅ๐•–๐••๐Ÿฅ€
๐•„๐•–๐•’๐• ๐•Š๐•”๐•ฃ๐•’๐•ž๐•“๐•๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ & โ„™๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ก๐•๐•–๐•ฉ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐”ป๐•–๐•’๐•๐Ÿฆ
โ„๐•–๐•’๐••๐•ž๐•’๐•˜๐•–'๐•ค ๐•†๐•—๐•—๐•š๐•”๐•–๐Ÿฆ
โ„๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•–๐•จ๐•’๐•ฃ๐••๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•„๐•–๐•–๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ & ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•ก๐•š๐•”๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ค๐Ÿฆ
๐•„๐•š๐•ค๐•ค๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ ๐• ๐•— ๐•€๐•Ÿ๐•ง๐•–๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•š๐•˜๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐Ÿฆ
๐”ป๐•–๐•ฅ๐•–๐•”๐•ฅ๐•š๐•ง๐•– ๐•‹๐•–๐•’๐•ž ๐”ธ๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•• โ„‚๐•’๐•ž๐•ก๐•ฆ๐•ค๐Ÿฆ
โ„‚๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•– โ„‚๐•’๐•๐• & ๐•„๐•š๐••๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐”ผ๐•Ÿ๐•”๐• ๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐Ÿฆ
๐•Š๐•ก๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•ค ๐”ฝ๐•๐•ช๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ & โ„™๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•š๐•ฅ ๐•Š๐•ก๐•ช๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐Ÿฆ
๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ก โ„‚๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•‹๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•™๐Ÿฆ
๐•‹๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•™ โ„๐•–๐•”๐•–๐•š๐•ง๐•–๐•• ๐•ƒ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ & โ„™๐•๐•’๐•Ÿ ๐•Š๐•ช๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•™๐•ฃ๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•ซ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐Ÿฆ
๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ ๐• ๐•— ๐•’๐•Ÿ ๐•Œ๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ค๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ & ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ž๐•ก๐•–๐••๐•–๐Ÿฆ
๐”ฝ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•’๐•๐Ÿฆ

๐•„๐• ๐•ž๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•ค ๐”น๐•–๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•– ๐”ป๐•š๐•ค๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐Ÿฅ€

2K 98 96
By c3Lest_-

Disclaimer: ginger angst

The discussion in the library was cut short due to the time becoming quite late. Everyone bid good night and parted their separate ways. Well, except Ace and Deuce who requested to return back to your dorm, having not much option, you agreed. Grim was much more reluctant, yet you managed to convince him after a few minutes. They returned back to your dorm, and after you made sure they were all comfortable, you returned back to your room.

As soon as your head hit the pillow, you dozed off. You found yourself shifted in to another odd dream yet again. Looking around, you noticed the scene was taking place in a courtroom, a uniquely designed one as well. "And as for you, Your Majesty... "Your Majesty" indeed! You're not a queen. You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old ty...tyrant..." The young girl had daringly stated to the Queen of Hearts.

"Mmhmmhmmhmm... What were you saying, my dear?" The Queen towered over the young lady from her high throne intimidatingly.

A striped cat suddenly appeared on top of the Queen's head, which she seemingly did not notice, or was much too busy to care. "Well, she simply said you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant!" The cat laughed.

Once she heard those words, the Queen instantly yelled in fury and rage, "OOOOOOOOF with her head!" The young lady gasped and looked around with an uneasy gaze as several cards began to chant whilst swarming the poor girl.

"Oooooooh! You heard what Her Majesty said! Off with her head!"

You felt a cold sweat trickle down your forehead as you sat upright from the covers of your bed. You glanced at the clock to see it was a late hour at night. After some moments of quietly contemplating with yourself, you decided to get a glass of water to calm your running thoughts. Your footsteps and movements were barely audible since you didn't wish to disturb anyone at this time.

Just as you were about to enter the kitchen, you noticed a figure's back turned towards you. They were leaning both hands on the counter, heavily breathing and mumbling to themselves. The moonlight through a window cascaded down their head which revealed orange strands belonging to...Ace. It seems he wasn't aware of your presence yet. You took a step closer, purposely making it a bit louder to inform the ginger of your existence.

Ace's shoulders noticeably flinched as he quickly whipped his head back. His eyes widened once he caught sight of you, standing just a few feet away from him. "Y-Y/n!? What are you-" He cleared his throat. "Why are you still up so late...?" It was clear he was trying to remain composed. Your eyes had already begun adjusting to the slightly dim surroundings, along with the help of the moon's shine. You noticed his rather bloodshot eyes, bags beneath his eyes, unkempt hair, and a few messy strands falling down his weary face.

Your eyes slightly narrowed at the sight. "Is something the matter?" You carefully asked the male.

Ace was hesitant to answer, eyes darting around in such a way that he was trying to find the right words to explain. After a few moments, he sighed heavily. "I'm fine." He replied sharply. It was evident something was troubling him, he couldn't even make eye contact with you as he spoke.

"I'd rather you speak the truth than save me from the worry." You slowly stepped closer, approaching him.

"It doesn't concern you." His reply was cold, almost distant. However, you were determined to get a proper answer, so you just stood there in the tense atmosphere. He took a deep breath, groaned, and begrudgingly spoke. "I'm going to be real with you, Y/n. I don't even know why I agreed to the duel, maybe it was just a spur of the moment type of thing but now... Ugh. I just realized how stupid it actually was and I'll never have a chance. I know I'm not the best mage out there! But...now I don't even know if I'm capable of being a mage at all. I don't even feel like I belong here!" The male crossed his arms and hung his head low. "Not like you'd understand, since you always act like a goody-two-shoes."

You sighed and closed the distance between the both of you, now standing in front of him. "Ace, I understand what it feels like to seem unwelcome to a place where you thought you belonged..." You took on a much more assuring and empathetic tone. His shoulders evidently stiffened. It appears you've hit a sensitive topic.

He let out a low laugh and forced a wry smile. It possessed no hint of genuinity whatsoever. "What, seriously? I bet you're just gonna try and use this against me, or you'll want something from me after, isn't that right?" He clenched his fists at the assumption of you taking advantage of his pathetic and vulnerable state. He was more agitated at the fact that he even allowed you to witness him in such a state.

You hit the top of his head with your fist. It was enough to make him snap out of his self-loathing, looking at you with a baffled expression. You spoke before he could say anything. "Believe it or not, back in the world where I came from, almost none of my own people knew me nor the sacrifices I've made. I know what rejection is, and I am aware of feelings such as fear and woe." At your statement, the ginger's mouth was slightly agape.

You slowly reached out your hand towards his face. At first, he attempted to recoil, before giving in and sighing in defeat. Placing a hand on his cheek, you gently lifted up his head. You noticed his rather dull expression and furrowed brows, not quite directed to you, but rather to himself. "I promise that we shall bring you back to your dorm and you will be accepted back. I shall bring justice upon you, Ace Trappola. You have my word." You reassured him with a soft smile. His eyes widened for a few moments, until he suddenly wrapped his arms around you. His head toppled down on your shoulder. He bit his lip in an attempt to restrian the tears from leaking. You realized his fists were trembling, along with his shoulders.

You recently learned that in this situation, one should provide comfort and perhaps a hug, so you did. You gently wrapped your arms around him and rubbed circles around his back in a soothing manner. "Allow me to tell you the words I wish I could have told myself sooner: "I'm here. You're not alone." And I'm certain you'll become a decent mage someday. I look forward to your future endeavors." Due to your kind gesture and words, the things he desperately needed to hear and feel- He could no longer hold back the tears from pouring. He tightly gripped on the back of your shirt, buried his face deeper into your shoulder and released muffled sobs. He simply melted in your embrace as you continued to gently rub his back, allowing him to cry in your arms.

He didn't hope to pull away anytime sooner, being content in your embrace. Although he also didn't want to seem overly needy or dependent. So, after a while, he slowly pulled back but did not fully let go yet. "You know, I thought I was kind of a jerk, sometimes taking my pranks too far or saying stuff I don't exactly mean just for the fun of it... That used to be a thought, now I'm sure. Because compared to you..." Ace admitted. He sniffled and blushed in embarrassment at his own actions. "I believe you're one of the best people out there... Do-don't get used to receiving compliments from me though." He sheepishly said. However, his adoring gaze never left your face.

"Well, at least this may now be your chance to improve and learn. We're all uniquely different, isn't that right?" You let out a lighthearted laugh and gently wiped the stained tears from his cheek with your thumb. Such a gesture made his heart flutter and beat faster, along with the realization of how close you two were at this moment.

Ace tried his best to prevent the blood flow or rush through his face, even though he was already glowing a tint of red. "Oh, so you agree that I'm a jerk then? And here I thought you were gonna comfort me and tell me reassuring words or something." Ace half-jokingly said. He took another deep breath to calm him and his rapid heartbeat. "But genuinely and in all seriousness... Thank you." Now, he was aware of the reason as to why Deuce began to talk more fondly about you. He was going to look at you with the same gaze of admiration from now on. It's almost as if he was captivated by your calm and comforting presence... Not to mention your beauty.

After that unplanned therapy session, you returned back to your room while Ace went back to the couch. That was until you remembered your previous goal which was to get water. By this time, your own thoughts had slowly eased. Nonetheless, you insisted to yourself on coming back to the kitchen. As you tip-toed back, you caught a small glimpse of Ace, sleeping soundly with a tranquil expression. You finally managed to retrieve your water and silently head back to bed.

Eventually, morning arrived and your rest was disturbed by a certain furball bouncing up and down on top of you. "Hey, Y/n! Ah, good, you're already up."

You slowly lifted yourself up from the bed and stretched your arms. "Yes, Grim. I'm awake." You rubbed the feline's head which caused his ears to twitch happily.

"Today's the big duel! Let's DO this thing." Ace placed both hands on his hip, displaying a more determined spirit than last night. He was set on giving his best in the upcoming duel to restore his dignity, prove himself to others, and...perhaps make you glad.

As you guys prepared and arrived at the Rose Maze, the place where the duel was going to be held, many Heartslabyul students were already present, bickering and whispering amongst themselves.

"Did you hear? They say someone's challenged Housewarden Rosehearts to a duel!"

"Riddle Rosehearts? Seriously!? Whoever it is has gotta be outta his mind. Riddle will have his head off in five seconds flat."

"Still, it's the first challenge since Rosehearts took power. I'm pumped!"

You even caught sight of the upperclassmen. "You're saying Ace and Deuce are challenging Riddle for the housewarden's seat!?" The lighter-haired ginger exclaimed in shock to his baker friend. "Please tell me you're kidding."

The latter only sighed. "I tried to stop 'em."

"Of all the stupidest ideas...I just hope this doesn't make everything worse." Cater nervously twiddled a strand of his hair. Trey hummed in agreement.

"We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul House. The first challenger is Ace Trappola. The second challenger is Deuce Spade." The two freshmen took a step forward as they heard their names announced by the headmage. "The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts." Crowley turned his head towards the said male. "Now, in accordance with the duel rules, please remove the magic-sealing collars as they would provide an unfair disadvantage." Riddle obliged at his request and removed the collars off the duo.

"Ah! FINALLY, the dumb collar is off!" Ace gasped, rubbing his neck and stretching it.

"Enjoy your moment of freedom. The collar will be back on soon enough." Riddle stated with a smug expression, before his brows furrowed. "I could hardly believe it when I heard you two intended to duel me. Is this a joke?"

Deuce narrowed his eyes. "I'd never propose a duel as a joke."

"Hmph. Have it your way. Let us get this over with." Riddle already had his magic pen in his grasp, tightly clutching it.

Cater cleared his throat and spoke up. "Uh, Riddle, what do you want to do about today's afternoon tea?"

Riddle glanced back over his shoulder, his gaze remaining stern and cold. "A foolish question. You know that the rules stipulate I take my tea every day at 4 p.m. sharp."

Cater took out his phone and pointed at the time displayed on the screen "It's just that it's already past 3.30..." He uttered through a forced smile.

"And you fear that I will be late? All the more reason to end this promptly. It appears I have little time to waste. Rather than facing my opponents in succession, I will take on both at once. " The redhead declared.

"You can do it, Housewarden!"
"Knock 'em dead, sir!"

"Cowards." Deuce clicked his tongue and huffed.

"Myah, I got a bad feeling about this." Grim commented, to which you agreed.

"You and I both, Grim." You subconsiously fidgeted with your fingers.

Ace grunted and fixed his stance. "Hey, at least we got a plan!"

"Hedmage, please give us the signal." Riddle placed a hand on his hip. His expression remained unchanging.

Crowley gave a nod. "When the mirror I've thrown shatters upon the ground, that is your signal to begin. Ready...Go!"

✩▆▅▃▂▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫▂▃▅▆✩

"Off With Your Heads!"

"Bwaaaaah!" The freshmen collectively screamed.

"Urrrgh... Not again. I didn't even have time to finish my spell!" Ace complained through gritted teeth.

"He shut us down like it was nothing..." Deuce grunted, clutching his side.

"Visualization is key to spell casting. The better you are at accurately visualizing your magic's effects, the stronger and more precise it will be." The headmage crossed his arms with an almost impressed smile. "It would appear that Mr. Rosehearts has finely honed his magic."

"Myah... They didn't stand a chance." A fretful expression plastered on Grim's face as he clutched on the hem of your clothes.

"Hmph. You didn't even last five seconds." A slight smirk formed on Riddle's lips. It left as quickly as it came. "That was all you had, and still you thought to challenge me? You must be utterly humiliated. I guess my mother was right. A man who cannot follow the rules is a man who cannot achieve anything."

"Tch... We agree that rules should be followed. But forcing others to follow nonsensical rules like the ones you've enacted is tyranny!" Deuce argued.

"Then you agree that breaking rules is wrong. And in this dorm, I AM the rules." Riddle asserted, placing a hand on his chest. His expression and tone resmuned being apathetic as he spoke. "Therefore, those who cannot abide by my decisions deserve not the heads they use to complain!"

"That is unjust. Rules were not meant to be used to satisfy one's pleasure alone!" You spoke up, attempting to reason out this whole situation.

Riddle snapped his head towards you with a gaze filled with nothing but rage. "I am the one who decides what is wrong and right! If there were no penalties, none would follow the rules. I wonder what sort of pitiful education you have received, that you cannot follow nor comprehend such simple rules and concepts?" The redhead narrows his piercing eyes, clearly judging you. "Clearly, you were born to parents with no great magical capability. And as a result... You lack even the basic education necessary to attend a school such as this. It's quite sad."

You remained silent, listening to his insults with a rather stoic look. You'd like to justify yourself, although that would imply revealing a few of your secrets and or past. You pondered if it would be worth risking. Fortunately or unfortunately, you've heard much more terrible words than those, and you were quite accustomed to hiding how you truly felt. (I think it's slightly canon that Focalors lacks a few emotions, which is quite understandable.)

Deuce clenched his fists, the veins nearly bulging. "You little..."

Ace suddenly bolted towards Riddle with a raised fist. "You shut your spoiled little mouth!"

He punched him. Everyone was in a state of shock and disbelief.

The housewarden stumbled back and winced. "Wh-what...?"

"Riddle!?" The two upperclassmen rushed towards both sides of the redhead, just as surprised as everyone else who witnessed what just occurred.
Even the headmage himself was taken aback. "Mr. Rosehearts!?"

"Whoa! He just punched the housewarden...!"

Grim, on the other hand, just cheered. Jumping up and down with his paws in the air. "Bam! Right across the face!" You had to cover a hand over his mouth yet again.

"Not the time, Grim." You quietly warned the feline.

Deuce instinctively placed both hands on your shoulders, pushing you behind him and away from the scene in a slightly protective and cautious manner. "A-Ace!?"

Ace locked gazes with the redhead. His fierce eyes met with widened ones. "That's all I can take. Forget Riddle. Forget the duel. I'm done."

Riddle slowly raised a hand to touch his throbbing cheek. "That hurt! You...p-punched me!?"

"Kids aren't trophies for their parents to flaunt. And the accomplishments of a child aren't determined by the worth of their parents. It's not your parents' fault you became a tyrant- or anyone else's. You've been here a year and haven't even made a friend who will tell you you're outta line. And that's on you." Ace daringly scolded the housewarden.

Riddle tightly pursed his lips. "What are you even talking about?"

"Yeah, maybe you had some rigid upbringing from a relentless helicopter-mom. Is that all you are? An extension of her? Can't think for yourself?" Ace continued to speak such bold statements others would not even dare to think. "You call yourself a "red sovereign"? You're just a baby who's good at magic."

"Baby...? Did you just call me a "baby"!?" Riddle's eye twitched as his expression darkened, returning back to wrath. "You don't know anything about me! You don't know anything about anything!"

"Nope, sure don't. And I don't need to. Your attitude tells me all I need to know- that you're a spoiled brat!" Ace further taunted.

"Shut up, shut up, shut UP!" An irk mark began to appear in Riddle's forehead. "My mother was right! And that means I'm right too!"

"Riddle, calm down. The duel is already over." Trey reached a hand out to the housewarden's shoulder, before he hesitated and retracted it.

"Mr. Clover is correct. The challenger has been disqualified due to physical violence. If you do not cease your conflict now, I'll have you written up for breaking school rules!" Crowley declared.

"Ace is right, though! I've had enough of Riddle!" One of the dorm members finally spoke up. To make matters worse, they threw an egg at Riddle.
Everyone was taken aback once again.

The redhead had to use his arms to shield himself. "Huh!?"

"An egg?" Trey sputtered, staring in bewilderment.

"Who did that? Who threw that egg!?" Riddle shrieked. Everyone stayed quiet. None dared to utter a word.

"Heh heh... Ah ha ha ha! You say YOU'RE fed up!? I'M the one who's fed up with all of YOU! No matter how strict I am, no matter how many heads I remove, you keep breaking the rules!" Riddle gripped his magic pen tighter, to the point where his hands were evidently shaking. "All any of you care about is doing what YOU want to do! If the guilty party won't come forward, I'll pass judgment on all of you! Clearly, none of you value your heads! Off With Your Heads!"

"Bwaaah! Let's get outta here!"

His signature spell indeed managed to collar some, if not most of the students present. Fortunately for a few, they managed to dodge or avoid it, you being one of those lucky people.

Riddle lifted his chin and gripped a hand on his hair. "Ah ha ha ha! How do you like that, hm? Now no one can do a thing to me! Do you see now? My strict adherence to the rules was clearly the correct path!"

"Cease this improper behavior now, Mr. Rosehearts. I expect better from you!" Crowley pointed a finger at Riddle, who was too busy collaring the others whilst laughing to himself in a rather unhinged way.

"Trey, if he keeps using his spell... This could get ugly, fast!" Cater exclaimed, attempting to get far away as possible from the redhead.

Trey furrowed his brows. "Riddle, stop this!"

"Wow, way to totally prove me wrong here, pal! I call you a baby, and you immediately throw a temper tantrum!" Ace mentioned with a scowl.

"Retract your comment immediately, or I shall skewer you where you stand!" Riddle's face was nearly as red as his hair, practically fuming with madness.

"No way. I ain't retractin' squat." Ace's words only further engage the already irked enough Riddle.

"YEEEAAAAARGH!"

"Dude, this is bad! You've G-2-G, now!" Cater cried out.

Suddenly, the surroundings became darker and engulfed with smoke. The ground vibrated, rose trees and bushes floated in the air which caused more people to panic and desperately escape. It was a complete mess.

"The rose trees! They're floating!" Grim squeaked.

"This is some serious aura!" Deuce's grip on your shoulders tightened a bit. You were becoming wary as well.

Riddle lifted his hand in the air. "Mighty roses, tear this brute to pieces!" He instructed.

"Cease and desist at once!" The headmaster commanded, but to now avail. The rose trees were already flying at a fast speed towards Ace, who could only gasp and look away.

Dear readers, I promised angst, and so I kept my word and delivered😘 I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I did writing it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 6K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~แฏฝโฅแชฅแดฅแชฅโฅแฏฝ~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
599 10 6
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’๐’“๐’“๐’š, ๐’”๐’ ๐’”๐’๐’“๐’“๐’š. ๐‘ท๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’† ๐’‚๐’„๐’„๐’†๐’‘๐’• ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’‚๐’‘๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’š. ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’…, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ...
29.7K 191 10
โŠนโ‚Šโ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โœงใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆโ‚ŠโŠน CLOSING IT FOR NOW I can't keep up w this one anymore, maybe i continue writing it in the future maybe not because i have some unfi...
189K 8.8K 38
๏ผƒ ๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘๐–๐‡๐„๐‹๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐† ; genshin impact x reader status; discontinued โ–Ž๐—™๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—  ๐—” ๐—ช๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ๐—— ๐—™๐—จ๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ข๐—™ ๐— ๐—ฌ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฌ, ๐—” ๐—š๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฃ ๐—ข๐—™ ๏ฟฝ...